1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official HG/SS Help Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Erik Destler, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobalt_Latios

Cobalt_Latios Well-Known Member

Yep, he's there, I just checked. My Typhlosion apparently has a Ground type Hidden Power :D.

C_L

2. ForteAnly

ForteAnly Well-Known Member

Does anybody when it's a good time to delete HM's like Rock Smash, Cut, and Strength. I'm at Blackthorne City right now where the move deleter is and wanted to get rid of those three HM's but wasn't sure if they are still needed for later parts of the game or if there important to keep.

3. The Shiny Feraligator

The Shiny Feraligator UU/NU battler

Well when you get to Vermillion you'll need cut to get to the gym. Same with Erika.

4. GeoSoulReaper

GeoSoulReaper That Guy Named Geo

You'll still need Rock Smash and Strength but Cut's not as crucial at least as far as I've gone which is most of Kanto.

Edit: Yeah you need Cut for Reaching Erika but for Surge you can use Surf

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  5. ForteAnly

Thanks for the reply's i'll just leave them until I get past erika.

6. Drake #505

Drake #505 Breeder Brock!

Why am I not finding places to buy coins in Goldenrod? Can you only win them at the lotto there and then you can buy them in Celadon?

I really really need to obtain Ice Beam. =/

7. Jasper Kazai

Jasper Kazai Ice Cold Milk

No, you can't buy coins in HG/SS. That's part of the big hoopla that's taking place in this thread.

8. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

No you can't buy them. I don't know about Celadon however.

9. Drake #505

Drake #505 Breeder Brock!

That's ridiculous. =/ Are there any other ways to obtain Ice Beam as a TM?

10. SilverLanayru

SilverLanayru It's a mystery.

Yay, I finally post in this thread. o:

Anyways, so I'm in the Dragon's Den and I'm trying to get my Extremespeed Dratini. I'm definitely and positively sure I've input all five answers correctly, but for some reason, he hasn't given Dratini to me at all. Is there something that I missed? :/ Or unless if there is one question I may have not answered correctly, what would be all 5 answers (just to check)?

11. Forever&Always

Forever&Always DanceInTheDark

Alternatively you can Surf around.

In Heartgold when you go to catch Lugia does Lugia do an animation like how Ho-oh flew around the tower?

12. Zorkzedork

Zorkzedork Well-Known Member

How quickly can I trade pokemon between DPPt and HGSS?

13. SSJpikachu

SSJpikachu Active Member

Where can I train my pokemon? My team ranges from 30-34 and I have 7 badges.
    Also Where can I EV train if I can at my pokemon levels.

14. Zorkzedork

Zorkzedork Well-Known Member

Thanks^^

I'm assuming that includes Non-Kanto+Johto Pokemon...

15. growlithe_master

growlithe_master <-- Ain't it cute?

i know that the older haircut brother gives different amounts of happiness for each message. what are the messages from most happiness to least happiness?

16. chikoritalover16

chikoritalover16 Well-Known Member

What happens if you say yes to the Kimono Girl in Ilex Forest? I said no (felt like being stubborn) and wanted to know if I missed out on an item or anything like that.

Defy gravity!
    ;152;

17. Ultimate Glalie

Ultimate Glalie Well-Known Member

No, there is no cutscene for Lugia in HeartGold. Likewise, there is no cutscene for Ho-Oh in SoulSilver.

18. Cobalt_Latios

Cobalt_Latios Well-Known Member

In my experience, and what I've discovered, having 2 different HM slaves is quite useful; you have one specifcally for overworld (cut, rock smash, rock climb, surf), while you have one for caves and such (rock smash, rock climb, strength, waterfall), and from there, you select which one you'll be needing for that particular area. Works pretty well actually.

Nope. However, with practice and a bit of watching, I've found this to be quite helpful in getting a lot of coins in a short period of time. It just takes a bit of patience.

C_L

19. ForteAnly

As soon as you get the pokedex.

20. Nerifes

Nerifes New Member

What would be the best nature for my pidgey in HG?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.