• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaflame566

Rising Flames

Pokemon4Ever

Innocent Bystander
Ok, I got the EXPN card from the guy in the Kanto Radio Tower, but the PokeGear doesn't have the Pofeflute music anywhere. I go to the Snorlax at Route 11, but the PokeGear does not play the Pokeflute music! None of the four stations are playing it. What do I do? This is really aggravating. :(

Ultimate Glalie

Ok, I got the EXPN card from the guy in the Kanto Radio Tower, but the PokeGear doesn't have the Pofeflute music anywhere. I go to the Snorlax at Route 11, but the PokeGear does not play the Pokeflute music! None of the four stations are playing it. What do I do? This is really aggravating. :(
Move the cursor on the radio to the very top of the screen using your stylus, instead of using the four buttons. ;)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm trying to get in to the chamber in Ruins of Alph that requires the Water Stone, but it won't let me in! What else do I have to do to get in?

Cobalt_Latios

What would be the best nature for my pidgey in HG?
Jolly, or Adamant. Jolly makes it fast, but Adamant gives it better attack. Up to you.

C_L

SaulGCube

Aeroga
I have a question regarding breeding.
Ok so i decided to restart my Soul Silver so Im breeding all of my team members again using the Everstone. Now if I remember correctly when it is held by the female Pokemon there is a 50% chance for it to pass down it's nature.
However after trading them from my Soul Silver into my Platinum and breeding; hardly any of the eggs turned out the same nature as the mother.
My question is does the Everstone trick still work even if i trade them into Soul Silver/Heart Gold and trade back; or is it that Im just unlucky. -.-

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ok so i decided to restart my Soul Silver so Im breeding all of my team members again using the Everstone. Now if I remember correctly when it is held by the female Pokemon there is a 50% chance for it to pass down it's nature.
However after trading them from my Soul Silver into my Platinum and breeding; hardly any of the eggs turned out the same nature as the mother.
My question is does the Everstone trick still work even if i trade them into Soul Silver/Heart Gold and trade back; or is it that Im just unlucky. -.-
I say unlucky, depending on the numbers you've breed. You increase the chance of a certain nature from 4% to 50%. You can breed lots and not get the nature.

hitoshura0

Ok so i decided to restart my Soul Silver so I'm breeding all of my team members again using the Everstone. Now if I remember correctly when it is held by the female Pokemon there is a 50% chance for it to pass down it's nature.
My question is does the Everstone trick still work even if i trade them into Soul Silver/Heart Gold and trade back; or is it that I,m just unlucky. -.-

The Everstone still works like that in HG/SS, but it won't work on parent's of different nationaltities (i.e. Japanese Male with English Female). This will quarter your shiny chances, but won't allow an everstone pass. If they are the same nationality, then you might just be unlucky.

SaulGCube

Aeroga
Yeah i should have mentioned some things...
Im breeding them in my Platinum(English btw)
I traded them from my Soul Silver(English)
Im starting to think that it isn't me being unlucky. =/

Hitaka

Phoenix
As for the Arceus plates, go to the captain of the ship and he gives you a different plate every time you take a trip on the SS Aqua. After 16 trips you should have all the plates. I believe he gives them in a particular order as well.

I did that but he never gave me anything. I've tried both ways, from Olivine to Vermillion and back.

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
I am trying to catch Entei right now. If I try to use a Love Ball on it, will the fact that Entei is genderless mean I get a x8 catch multiplier (for its being a different gender than any of my given Pokémon) or just an x1 multiplier (because it is neither male nor female)?

hitoshura0

I am trying to catch Entei right now. If I try to use a Love Ball on it, will the fact that Entei is genderless mean I get a x8 catch multiplier (for its being a different gender than any of my given Pokémon) or just an x1 multiplier (because it is neither male nor female)?

Just the 1x Multiplier. You may want to try Quick balls, as it is the first turn every time you encounter it.

How do you make Suicune appear outside of Cerulean? I have found it in the three necessary locations before and I have gotten all sixteen badges, yet it is still not appearing.

+Kira+

Rankurusu~
So I've been combing the Whirl Islands in SS for ages. I'm ready to catch Lugia, but I just can't find it. I found the right entrance, but I can't figure out the right way to go. Any tips?

How do you make Suicune appear outside of Cerulean? I have found it in the three necessary locations before and I have gotten all sixteen badges, yet it is still not appearing.

did you see it on route 13 yet?

you might also need mistys phone number but im not sure

So I've been combing the Whirl Islands in SS for ages. I'm ready to catch Lugia, but I just can't find it. I found the right entrance, but I can't figure out the right way to go. Any tips?

top right island when inside you will get to 2 ledges if you keep going right that is the correct ledge if you go down the right thats the wrong ledge once you go over the correct ledge all you really have to do is go down the ladder and keep going down till you see another one to go down and from there keep going dow that room halfway throug youll see a cave with a rare candy overlooking the waterfall go all the way to the bottom to get to lugia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.