• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is route 13 near vermillion? If so then no.

That's odd serebii doesn't say anything about route 13

route 13 is to the east (right of fushia city its has that little maze of trainers if you go all the way to the right as far as you can go and go north a bit youll see suicune then you can fight it in cerulean)

saladbar112

Gliscor Returns!
A Question??

Im not sure if this has been asked yet, but as of what I saw, this question has not been answered (I could be wrong)

I have a question on the new Safari Zone. I have just finished both of Baoba's challenges and he said he will call when he comes up with new ideas (I am guessing this is customizing the zone with trees and all that). When does he call back?

Also, I know I have to have like 4 trees in the Savannah area to get a Houndour... but is this before or after the Elite 4? I heard both answers but I want to clarify. Because I really wanted to have a Houndoom as part of my team to battle the Elite 4 with, but now that I heard I mite not be able to have it yet, I am pretty upset and actually feel like just abandoning this game because of how ****** I am.

Thanks for your answers!

I've been playing SoulSilver since it's release in America on Sunday, and I've just gotten to the part in the Dragons Den. Before coming, I stopped by the Pokemon Center, to drop off one of my Pokemon in the PC, as I remembered reading on Serebii.net that you can get a Dratini down there. I answered the questions, and was given the badge by a distraught Clair. No Dratini, with or without Extremespeed.

Please explain this anomaly? Is it a difference between the Japanese and American versions of the game, or something else?

hitoshura0

Im not sure if this has been asked yet, but as of what I saw, this question has not been answered (I could be wrong)

I have a question on the new Safari Zone. I have just finished both of Baoba's challenges and he said he will call when he comes up with new ideas (I am guessing this is customizing the zone with trees and all that). When does he call back?

Also, I know I have to have like 4 trees in the Savannah area to get a Houndour... but is this before or after the Elite 4? I heard both answers but I want to clarify. Because I really wanted to have a Houndoom as part of my team to battle the Elite 4 with, but now that I heard I mite not be able to have it yet, I am pretty upset and actually feel like just abandoning this game because of how ****** I am.

Thanks for your answers!

You can't customize the Safari Zone till you get the National Dex, so you may want to use another Pokemon or trade from somewhere else. Sorry.

I've been playing SoulSilver since it's release in America on Sunday, and I've just gotten to the part in the Dragons Den. Before coming, I stopped by the Pokemon Center, to drop off one of my Pokemon in the PC, as I remembered reading on Serebii.net that you can get a Dratini down there. I answered the questions, and was given the badge by a distraught Clair. No Dratini, with or without Extremespeed.

Please explain this anomaly? Is it a difference between the Japanese and American versions of the game, or something else?

you have to leave the dragons den once you do clair will give you the TM for dragon pulse once you get the TM you can go back and get the dratini

togetic32

I was charging my pokemon HG while I was playing and I had to leave to go on a car ride so I figured I would bring my DS. I started to unplug it as I was playing and it froze, I turned it off and turned it back on and it appeared fine everything was saved from the spot I last saved, im just wondering if it will cause any problems later in the game...im really paranoid haha

rexter101

:<Some Guy>:
Not long until the release in Australia!

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Since no one answered my question last time. I will post it again.

Alright, this is a strange phenomenon.

My brother was playing HeartGold and transfered a level 17 Pidgey to the Pokewalker.
Once he transfered it back to the game, it leveled up to level 18.

However, it didn't evolve. Even after leveling it up multiple times to level 21. It never held an Everstone.

So can it still evolve? If so, how?
Or is it permanently effed up and can never evolve?

It was evolved in the DS from 18 to 21.

Anyways, if a Pokemon levels up to the level it would have evolved via Pokewalker, does it mean it will never evolve?

Seriously, try it for yourself.

ok can someone please tell me when the legendary dogs start to walk around because i want to SR for them to be shiny. And if you can, could you please give me some tips on the fastest way to SR for a shiny legendary dog? thx

I was charging my pokemon HG while I was playing and I had to leave to go on a car ride so I figured I would bring my DS. I started to unplug it as I was playing and it froze, I turned it off and turned it back on and it appeared fine everything was saved from the spot I last saved, im just wondering if it will cause any problems later in the game...im really paranoid haha

no dont worry about it

ok can someone please tell me when the legendary dogs start to walk around because i want to SR for them to be shiny. And if you can, could you please give me some tips on the fastest way to SR for a shiny legendary dog? thx

Wolgon

Crazy Crocodile Lady
Wait, just saw the answer to my Dratini dilemma further up the board. -headdesk- Well, I guess it proves that the more obvious it is, more the more likely I am to miss it!

Last edited:

redshift71388

I need help finding Larvitar in the Safari Zone. It's supposed to be in the Mountain area, but all I find are Rattatas, Zubats, Golbats, and once in a blue moon a Magneton. Do I need to beat the Pokémon League or do something special to find it? Or look during a certain time of day?

rocko

hihowru
When are Entei's and Raikou's natures set? When you catch them or when you see them at the Burnt Tower?

Last edited:

hitoshura0

I need help finding Larvitar in the Safari Zone. It's supposed to be in the Mountain area, but all I find are Rattatas, Zubats, Golbats, and once in a blue moon a Magneton. Do I need to beat the Pokémon League or do something special to find it? Or look during a certain time of day?

You can only find Larvitar's during the day. Either wait till tomorrow or do some DS clock setting magic. And Entei/Raikou's nature's are set when they are released.

Megaflame566

Rising Flames

It only comes out during morning and daytime not night

my VHS

Vs Red

Hi, Im having trouble defeating red on the top of mt. silver. I think my problem is the level of my pokemon. im currently using
Rakiu- 54
Lugia- 55
Vaporeon- 56
Ho-oh-70
Mewtwo-70
Machamp- 47

I just get crushed by him. Ill give some more info that might help.
I have caught Lugia, all 3 dogs, all 3 birds, ho oh, and cant find a place to level high enough to kill red. the elite 4 is already upgraded to the harder version and everywere else is to low level.

Status
Not open for further replies.