• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

**Jirachi**

You obtain some sort of key item in the house between Morty's gym and ercuteak's pokemon center. Does anyone know what this is? I don't recognise it.

That key item was itemfinder in G/S/C,but I'm not sure they will keep it.As I heard,the itemfinder is replaced with a pokégear app like as dowsing machine of D/P/Pt.But then again,maybe he gives that itemfinder app.
Also,anyone knows which Lati is exclusive to which version?

Last edited:

aaron-now

That key item was itemfinder in G/S/C,but I'm not sure they will keep it.As I heard,the itemfinder is replaced with a pokégear app like as dowsing machine of D/P/Pt.But then again,maybe he gives that itemfinder app.
Also,anyone knows which Lati is exclusive to which version?

Item Finder still a Key Item, not a pokegear app. When turned on it takes over the bottom screen and is a radar like, with your guided touch scanning the radar and there are lots more squares and the search area is much larger (off the viewing-screen).
As far as I know both Lati's are in each game.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
How early into the game can I get a Moon stone as I'm planning on getting a Nidoking

**Jirachi**

Item Finder still a Key Item, not a pokegear app. When turned on it takes over the bottom screen and is a radar like, with your guided touch scanning the radar and there are lots more squares and the search area is much larger (off the viewing-screen).

That sounds good,I always find the touch itemfinder(or dowsing machine in D/P/Pt) more useful than the old itemfinder.

Item Finder still a Key Item, not a pokegear app.
As far as I know both Lati's are in each game.

Thats awesome.I hope their natures,IVs,etc. aren't set at the start of the game like R/S/E,but just like Cresselia,set upon contact.

sammmy56

is there a water pokemon that i can get early in the game?
thats not wooper....

like a poliwag or a staryu?
where can i get either of them?

aaron-now

How early into the game can I get a Moon stone as I'm planning on getting a Nidoking
Umm... The first moonstone I got was off my Mom from the Pokemart delivery man. It took alot of time for the money to be stored as well seeming I was at the Red Gyarados part when it happened. You could always hold off catching one till the Safari Zone (yes, they're there). Or just visit home often and deposit money constantly on top of the money going in from battles.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Thanks
I might keep it as a Nidorina for a while for moves anywayy

aaron-now

is there a water pokemon that i can get early in the game?
like a poliwag or a staryu?
where can i get either of them?
Old Rod can get Tentacool and Goldeen (Lv10). Slowpoke (Lv6) are rare, but they are found in Slowpoke Well. Poliwag needs the good rod (olivine City) and Staryu (Lv20s) are near Cianwood when surfing (I only found them near the safari zone though, after Pryce).

sammmy56

should i hold off until olivine or cianwood without a decent water pokemon added to my team though?

where can i find the good rood and a water stone?

Would anyone please to tell me how to get the Togepi Egg? I defeated the Violet City Gym Leader and picked a pink boy to school in this city already, but no one in the pokemon center give me an egg like in the Gold version. Moreover, there is a man blocking on the route 32 so I cannot pass. I have been stuck here for a long time. Please help me. Thank you.

Edo123

U go to heal ur pokemon then go to the pokemart and talk to the scientist guy on ur right.

aaron-now

should i hold off until olivine or cianwood without a decent water pokemon added to my team though?
where can i find the good rood and a water stone?
I know you can find different DPPt underground items in rock-smash boulders. I'm not sure if stones are, but they might. Other than that, I think you have to wait till Kanto. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
Would anyone please to tell me how to get the Togepi Egg? I defeated the Violet City Gym Leader and picked a pink boy to school in this city already, but no one in the pokemon center give me an egg like in the Gold version. Moreover, there is a man blocking on the route 32 so I cannot pass. I have been stuck here for a long time. Please help me. Thank you.
In the Violet Pokemart. An Prof aide should have the egg.
The Route 32 guy will move when you have the egg.

sammmy56

hmmmm, i dont know if im willing to wait until kanto for a water stone?

what would be a good water pokemon to have then?

also, where is the safari zone?

Edo123

I just done the 3rd gym Goldenrod city i think and now im lost. I just found a sudowoodo blocking my way what do i do?

aaron-now

hmmmm, i dont know if im willing to wait until kanto for a water stone?
what would be a good water pokemon to have then?
also, where is the safari zone?
I'm training a Horsea (I've always wanted a Kingdra, just was too lazy). It's in the Whirl Islands (Pryce again). Same with Seel
Kingler has more power this Gen with his Crabhammer becoming physical.
Marill is just past Ecruteak City, in Mt Mortar.
Tentacool is a good (but slow leveling) choice.
Fossils can be found, but I don't know where to convert them
And of course the previously listed ones.

Safari Zone is in a new part west of Cianwood (through a cave and along cliffs). I'll note that it's also bountiful of Tiny Mushrooms (with item finder).

I just done the 3rd gym Goldenrod city i think and now im lost. I just found a sudowoodo blocking my way what do i do?
The 3rd gym is Whitney and Normal types. When you win, go to the house next door. Talk to the person in the flowery house and get the squirt bottle/watering can. Then head north and use it on the Sudowoodo (talk to it). Catch/Kill it and the girl near you will give a bunch of berry planters.

Does anyone know where to reconstruct fossils?

Last edited:

Edo123

Thanks a lot aaron cheers for ur help!

Go back to Goldenrod City, and go to the Flower Shop next to the Goldenrod Gym, and receive the Squitbottle, and then go back to Sudowoodo, if you press A or interact with it, you will go into a battle, you can catch it or run away, but after the battle, you can reach Ecruteak City, and also there's now a Shortcut to Violet City and the Ruins of Alph.

Status
Not open for further replies.