• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
How long does it take for the boat to reach Kanto on your first trip? Do you have to do anything in paticular?

Actually, on your first trip, apart from battling all the trainers, you need to help a gentleman look for his little girl.

BTW, on your future trips on S.S. Aqua, you just need to sleep in your room. Battling all trainers is no longer necessary, but it's worth the experience.

Oumba

Hey guys I need help! In Violet City I think their a man standing next to the PC in the Pokemon Center, could you tell what the 2 answers to his 2 question? So it able me in obtaining the mystery Gift?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Hey guys I need help! In Violet City I think their a man standing next to the PC in the Pokemon Center, could you tell what the 2 answers to his 2 question? So it able me in obtaining the mystery Gift?

Mystery Gift is added by default, you don't need to unlock it :p

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
what shall i do after i beat the olivine gym leader ??

You have two options:

(a) Go on an optional sidequest by going west from Cianwood and play the Safari Game, OR
(b) Advance the story by continuing east from Ecruteak City toward Mahogany.

I'd suggest that you do both in order.

nannof

EEVEE Trainer
You have two options:

(a) Go on an optional sidequest by going west from Cianwood and play the Safari Game, OR
(b) Advance the story by continuing east from Ecruteak City toward Mahogany.

you mean to go to blackthorn city ... i can't there is a man stopping me i don't know why ?? and now i am going to the safari zone .. and i really need help about blackthorn city :(

Illusione-Tempus

you mean to go to blackthorn city ... i can't there is a man stopping me i don't know why ?? and now i am going to the safari zone .. and i really need help about blackthorn city :(

If you play the original games you'll know why
Go to Goldenrod City and sweep Team Rocket away from Radio Tower. Then he'll let you pass.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer

Have you done the Mahogany Town Team Rocket Hideout quest?
After that, you need to won the 7th badge, then beat Team Rocket in Goldenrod City Radio Tower.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

You mentioned that you just beat Jasmine and now you're heading to Blackthorn? Anyway, here's the basic rundown:

- Safari Zone sidequest (head west from Cianwood; optional)
- Head east from Ecruteak to Mahogany
- In Mahogany, head north toward the Lake of Rage and do the event there
- Return to Mahogany and raid the TR Hideout
- Battle Pryce and get the badge
- You'll receive a call from Prof. Elm then head to Goldenrod
- Defeat the Rockets at the Radio Tower
- Once TR is out of the way, you can fly back to Mahogany and continue east
- Make your way inside Ice Pass and reach Blackthorn

Troggy

For those of you who have HG/SS, I have a question.

I have seen that HG/SS can trade with DPPt once you get the Pokedex. If I were to trade over a Misdreavus holding a Dusk Stone at the first point I can trade, would I be able to use the Dusk Stone to evolve it while in Johto without all the badges/national dex? Just wondering since Mismagius is a Gen IV pokemon. Hopefully you can because I want to use one :]

yaminokame

やみのかめ

I have seen that HG/SS can trade with DPPt once you get the Pokedex. If I were to trade over a Misdreavus holding a Dusk Stone at the first point I can trade, would I be able to use the Dusk Stone to evolve it while in Johto without all the badges/national dex? Just wondering since Mismagius is a Gen IV pokemon. Hopefully you can because I want to use one :]

You should be able to. I had an Arceus and Jirachi in my game before the national dex and all it did was not give them numbers. If you were to evolve it, it should just evolve and not register in the pokedex until you get the national Pokedex :p

Oumba

Yes you can cause I trade my Togetik holding a ShinyStone from DP to SS, and I was able to evolve it to Tegekiss

Troggy

You should be able to. I had an Arceus and Jirachi in my game before the national dex and all it did was not give them numbers. If you were to evolve it, it should just evolve and not register in the pokedex until you get the national Pokedex :p

Yes you can cause I trade my Togetik holding a ShinyStone from DP to SS, and I was able to evolve it to Tegekiss

Awesome :D

razor fire

Surge is not showing up by the Power Plant, tried like 4 days now.

Any known prereqs for it? I have beaten Red. Maybe the times are off?

-James

Are you sure you're doing it in the morning?

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
what are the correct answers (japanese) for the extremespeed dratini?

I don't know the exact hiragana, but the first option should earn you the extremespeed dratini. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.