• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
O_0

idk about that lol....It's quite weird.

My Pikachus got Blue OT only....

Well, because I have both too, but only because I traded from my other games. Right now everything from FireRed/Emerald/Diamond are blue (やみのかめ) and Platinum&HeartGold are both in red (あゆみ) That's really the only way to get a mix of them :p

rocky505

How do I get Cynthia to move out of the way at Shinto Ruins?

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
Common problem for Shinto Ruins is that you must only have Arceus in your party. no one else.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Well, because I have both too, but only because I traded from my other games. Right now everything from FireRed/Emerald/Diamond are blue (やみのかめ) and Platinum&HeartGold are both in red (あゆみ) That's really the only way to get a mix of them :p

IIRC the OT name color depends on the gender that trainer is/was? Dawn's OT will be in red while Lucas' is in blue.

Godric

Petrew Petrew

de_darkrai

Right now everything from FireRed/Emerald/Diamond are blue (やみのかめ) and Platinum&HeartGold are both in red (あゆみ) That's really the only way to get a mix of them :p

why there's RED/BLUE?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
IIRC the OT name color depends on the gender that trainer is/was? Dawn's OT will be in red while Lucas' is in blue.

why there's RED/BLUE?

Yeah, as STUD said, it's based on gender. The three games that are blue are using the male character and the two that I have using female are red. The color never changes though, so if you send a blue one to a game with a girl character, the OT color will remain blue.

ijea4444

Well, obviously they aren't egg moves. But HM and TM moves are passed down. I want to know if Surf and Fly behave the same way.

Still wouldn't work. I remember a situation before where a 3rd stage pokemon learnt a TM(for this example Giga Impact) even if the male breeds with a same species female, the offspring won't learn it because the 1st stage pokemon doesn't learn Giga Impact.

Point: The baby pokemon (pichu) needs to be able to learn how to use fly/surf, and pichu's obviously can't ergo, not possible.

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
why there's RED/BLUE?

I don't know if this is anything to do with it but I remember reading about how in your pokemon's stats they're red is helpful with your nature and blue is hindering?
Maybe that's what you mean?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't know if this is anything to do with it but I remember reading about how in your pokemon's stats they're red is helpful with your nature and blue is hindering?
Maybe that's what you mean?

No, he's talking about the Trainer name. Red is female and blue is male. The nature is always black.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
If I reset the DS Clock, will a Gym Leader still appear at their specified location for photos/numbers?

As I posted before, I did not find Misty on Friday like the site says, I found her on Monday. I reset the clock to Friday afternoon/night just to incase and she still wasn't there.

sunny13

Proud Importer of HG
Have a lot of problems. I have 6 badges in Kanto now:
1. Misty isn't in her gym.
2. I have no idea how to get to the cities in Kanto (that are closest to Johto) Like Pallet, Viridian, and Pewter.
3. Most Urgent: I got on the SS Aqua to get back to Johto and I have no idea how to get off. (I have riden it before, this is my second time.)

Thank you in advance!

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Have a lot of problems. I have 6 badges in Kanto now:
1. Misty isn't in her gym.
2. I have no idea how to get to the cities in Kanto (that are closest to Johto) Like Pallet, Viridian, and Pewter.
3. Most Urgent: I got on the SS Aqua to get back to Johto and I have no idea how to get off. (I have riden it before, this is my second time.)

Thank you in advance!

You have kind of confused me here... :/

1) Misty not being in the gym means that you haven't gotten her badge yet? If that's the case then you need to get the Machine Part and fix the Power Plant, have you done any of that?
2) I'm really confused on this one, you said you have 6 badges, does that mean that you went there, got one, and now can't get back or something? You need to solve the Power Plant problem in order to move Snorlax so you can go through the Diglett's Cave to the West side of Kanto. (If that's what you're asking?)
3) I think I remember someone saying that you will arrive if you go to sleep in your room? Maybe that will help?

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
What's required to battle blue?
There are people still blocking the entrance to Blaine's cave... so i can't battle blaine either

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
Kanto requires you to get the radio card...
Try doing all the other gyms first + rail pass + radio card.

I've got a quick q. about ss aqua. 9I can't remeber if it was same in crystal)

-Do I have to sail both ways to rematch people on the boat?
ie; I went from Olivine -> Vermillion, and the next week again Olivine -> Vermillion, but the second time no one wanted to battle me.
Would I have to do Olivine -> Vermillion -> Olivine -> Vermillion to get them to vs me again?

And a tip for those calling Gym leaders for remtaches, you can pretty much call them as many times as you want within their allocated slot:

ie; Sunday Morning call Erika, defeat her, go outside the dojo, call her again, beat her, etc etc. You can't call them from inside the dojo though (bad reception)

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
edit-double post. site was laggin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.