• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

U-87

Hey just a quick question which radio icon do I click on the Pokegear to access Oak's radio show? and do exclamation points on the map inidicate swarm locations? Thanks a lot.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hey just a quick question which radio icon do I click on the Pokegear to access Oak's radio show? and do exclamation points on the map inidicate swarm locations? Thanks a lot.

I think it's the right station on the top.

As for the map, no (!) means a trainer wants to talk to you, most likely for a battle.

U-87

Thanks although that means I gotta finds a list of pokemon japanese names now does anyone know of such a thing? or does tha radio programme give a numerical reference for the swarm route?

48Elmaxo16

Hauu!!!
Thanks although that means I gotta finds a list of pokemon japanese names now does anyone know of such a thing? or does tha radio programme give a numerical reference for the swarm route?
If it's telling you the swarm route, then it will be in regular numbers, like routes appearing on the map.
Oh, Forgot to read the first half...
Serebii.net has all the names in both english and japanese so just google "katakana chart" on the internet and you should be able to use that for figuring out names, before then googling them to get to the serebii page with the corresponding english name. ^_^
Please note that the "small tsu" - makes it a double consonant
eg. ポケットモンスター ポ = po ケ = ke ッ = "small tsu" ト = to
モ = mo ン = n ス = su タ = ta ー = a

So, Poketto Monsutaa or, Pokemon.
Oh also, I said the "" was "a" but it's actually a long sound so it adds another of whatever the vowel preceding it was.
I know I'm probably just confusing you more but I'd just want to mention that I'm not sure if the Japanese pokemon games use "" or "" after "" when it's a long sound. Ho-oh at the very least uses the second of the two, "", which is "u".

Last edited:

U-87

Many thanks to all may you find 100 shinies one more question though does the numerical reference appear in Oaks radio programme?

U-87

Sorry could have been clearer I meant in Oaks broadscast is there a numerical reference to the route the swarm pokemon is on?

Lorde

Sorry could have been clearer I meant in Oaks broadscast is there a numerical reference to the route the swarm pokemon is on?

I've been wondering this myself. I've never encountered a swarm before.

Can anyone please help us?

GameMaster0000

Chaos Nightmare
I have question on "Ruin of Alph"

I got all 26 Unowns. I talk with researcher in the house and get 7 pages on Unown note but new area in main entrance doesn't open up.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I have question on "Ruin of Alph"

I got all 26 Unowns. I talk with researcher in the house and get 7 pages on Unown note but new area in main entrance doesn't open up.

Once you talk to the wall the researcher comes in and then brings you back to the lab. He explains that they found 2 more Unown types, and then you have to go back to that room and ! and ? are in that room.

48Elmaxo16

Hauu!!!
I've done this in the last game I did but there wasn't any problem before so I didn't notice:
In the Ice Path, there is a man standing on a raised area. For some reason, he's stopping me from progressing. I checked a walkthrough but it hasn't mentioned it so... Anyone know what I have to do to progress further...?

Lorde

I've done this in the last game I did but there wasn't any problem before so I didn't notice:
In the Ice Path, there is a man standing on a raised area. For some reason, he's stopping me from progressing. I checked a walkthrough but it hasn't mentioned it so... Anyone know what I have to do to progress further...?

Did you beat Team Rocket in Goldenrod City?

48Elmaxo16

Hauu!!!
Yeah, I beat Apollo after the other two and then the old guy gave me the feather but then the guy standing just near the Waterfall HM won't let me pass *n*

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Yeah, I beat Apollo after the other two and then the old guy gave me the feather but then the guy standing just near the Waterfall HM won't let me pass *n*

Is there any way you can take a picture of what he says or anything? That may help :p

48Elmaxo16

Hauu!!!
Um, nevermind. I don't understand why but apparently you need the Blue card to advance. I plan to reset the game later on so I was skipping talking to everyone (which meant I didn't get the item finder (I thought it was automatic) since items seemed unimportant because of that and so while I was waiting I went back to Goldenrod just in case I'd missed something and I was wondering around the radio tower and I saw the lady so I went and talked to her, thus receiving the Blue Card and I tried going past the guy again for fun and he didn't stop me...
Was it known that the Blue card was necessary for continuation? It doesn't seem all that important...
Thanks for the effort though.

48Elmaxo16

Hauu!!!
you only need to get the Waterfall HM to pass

I didn't even get the Blue Card
Really? That's odd... I went and got it after finding out it was Waterfall and he still didn't let me pass... Maybe I had one of my failure-like memory stuff-ups and and just produced a fake memory of walking past a second time... Um... I'm fairly sure I tried walking past him again. Clearly I just need to sleep more often... Sorry I think, depending on whether or not I actually walked passed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.