• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightmare

Hmm... I didn't know this before so I might as well post it here. Apparently Apricorn Drinks have less negative effects if the smoothness is higher. Smoothness is increased by walking even more after the drink is complete or by days passing.

Pokemon that get bonuses from Apricorn Drinks will lose the effect when they are put into the PC.

From what I can tell, a newly made drink has a smoothness of 1 . The premade drinks range from 104 to 136 smoothness depending on who you go to.

EDIT: It takes exactly 100 steps to make an Apricorn Drink ;) (I just counted lol)

So I guess that would mean there's no way to get a pokemon to have maxed out performance stats? Considering boosts go away when you deposit them...

and is there someone giving out premade shakes besides the person outside the dome?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
So I guess that would mean there's no way to get a pokemon to have maxed out performance stats? Considering boosts go away when you deposit them...

and is there someone giving out premade shakes besides the person outside the dome?

Ah, I see how it is now. The drinks are all named, there are 5 of them:

Take - 116
Lisa - 120
Gilmore - 125
Yuki - 136
Hide - 104

I would assume that as long as you don't put it in the box, you could do it :p ... seems like a huge waste though :(

Last edited:

Knightmare

Ah, I see how it is now. The drinks are all named, there are 5 of them:

Take - 116
Lisa - 120
Gilmore - 125
Yuki - 136
Hide - 104

I would assume that as long as you don't put it in the box, you could do it :p ... seems like a huge waste though :(

I'm confused where do these premade drinks come from? o.0
and do you know about how much walking it takes to increase the smoothness of a drink?

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I'm confused where do these premade drinks come from? o.0
and do you know about how much walking it takes to increase the smoothness of a drink?

The vendor to the left of the Pokethlon Dome. They sell 3 different types of drinks daily and they are different based on the day... something else interesting that caught my eye was this:

※つうしんポケスロンを遊ぶと、通信した相手のボンドリンクが店に並ぶようになり、表のボンドリンクは買えなくなる

... I'm not sure how this works, but it mentions that if you play multiplayer Pokethlon then the drinks at the vendor will change to that of the person (people?) you played with... prices also seem to vary based on the "popularity" of the creator of the drink...

Edit: I need to do some more tests but it seems like for the most part, for every colored Apricorn (outside of Black and White) you get +1 for every 100 steps. Black I got 0 at the first 100 but then +1 at the second 100. White seems to be the same, but Black is very strong (all tastes put together) and White is just... nothing lol... (no taste at all)

Last edited:

Knightmare

The vendor to the left of the Pokethlon Dome. They sell 3 different types of drinks daily and they are different based on the day... something else interesting that caught my eye was this:

※つうしんポケスロンを遊ぶと、通信した相手のボンドリンクが店に並ぶようになり、表のボンドリンクは買えなくなる

... I'm not sure how this works, but it mentions that if you play multiplayer Pokethlon then the drinks at the vendor will change to that of the person (people?) you played with... prices also seem to vary based on the "popularity" of the creator of the drink...
Oh I see... the 3 containers are 3 different drinks I guess... I thought they were all the same for some reason.

Is there any was of know what any of them will do without knowing Japanese? Or otherwise for that matter

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Oh I see... the 3 containers are 3 different drinks I guess... I thought they were all the same for some reason.

Is there any was of know what any of them will do without knowing Japanese? Or otherwise for that matter

not unless you look at the numbers, but those are just numbers so they don't mean much by just looking at them :/ Here, this may help:

(left to right)
Day of the Week - Drink 1 - Drink 2 - Drink 3
Sunday - Take - Gilmore - Hide
Monday - Lisa - Yuki - Take
Tuesday - Gilmore - Hide - Lisa
Wednesday - Yuki - Take - Gilmore
Thursday - Hide - Lisa - Yuki
Friday - Take - Gilmore - Hide
Saturday - Lisa - Yuki - Take

Take (Power)
Lisa (Stamina)
Gilmore (Technique)
Yuki (Jump)
Hide (Speed)

Last edited:

Knightmare

not unless you look at the numbers, but those are just numbers so they don't mean much by just looking at them :/ Here, this may help:

(left to right)
Day of the Week - Drink 1 - Drink 2 - Drink 3
Sunday - Take - Gilmore - Hide
Monday - Lisa - Yuki - Take
Tuesday - Gilmore - Hide - Lisa
Wednesday - Yuki - Take - Gilmore
Thursday - Hide - Lisa - Yuki
Friday - Take - Gilmore - Hide
Saturday - Lisa - Yuki - Take

Take (Power)
Lisa (Stamina)
Gilmore (Technique)
Yuki (Jump)
Hide (Speed)

Okay thanks that's extremely helpful!
You're always extremely helpful! lol

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Will I be able to get a Mew? I have Japanese Soul Silver, and I play on my English (US) DS. Also, for bonus points, does anyone know if the error codes that Nintendo of Japan uses are the same as Nintendo of America?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Will I be able to get a Mew? I have Japanese Soul Silver, and I play on my English (US) DS. Also, for bonus points, does anyone know if the error codes that Nintendo of Japan uses are the same as Nintendo of America?

Yes you can still get Mew :)

Not sure about the last part.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku

Yes you can still get Mew :)

Not sure about the last part.

So you don't have to be IN Japan, just have a copy of Japanese HeartGold/SoulSilver to get it? If it's an event taking place in Japan, why would you be able to do it in America?

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Right, I've got Baoba to the point where he's talking about blocks, and the screen where you arrange the plots of of land now has a place saying how many blocks are where, but I can't figure out how to place them. Help, anyone?

I've got 2 questions:

1) With the new breeding method, you can pass up to two fixed IVs from the parents to the egg by using the special items. In common breeding, when you get an egg, it inherits 3 IVs from the parents (which can be repeated). My question is: using this items, will the egg inherit:
a) 3 random IVs from the parents + up to 2 IVs from the items
b) up to 2 IVs from the items, 1-2-3 IVs from the parents (3 if no item is used, 2 if you use an item, 1 if you use two items)
c) just the 2 IVs from the items.

2) Rotom for sure (and i think every form-changing pokemon) couldn't be used in a different form than the original in Battle Frontier or wifi gameplay, just the wireless colosseum in DPPt, but i think i've seen wifi battles with some Rotom forms. Could anyone confirm that Rotom forms ARE working on HGSS wifi? Or the videos i saw were just wireless colosseum recorded videos?

Thanks for everything :)

yaminokame

やみのかめ
So you don't have to be IN Japan, just have a copy of Japanese HeartGold/SoulSilver to get it? If it's an event taking place in Japan, why would you be able to do it in America?

Teh internet :eek:

Right, I've got Baoba to the point where he's talking about blocks, and the screen where you arrange the plots of of land now has a place saying how many blocks are where, but I can't figure out how to place them. Help, anyone?

Go into the Safari Zone. Hit 'A' where you want to put a block. You have to hit 'A' again to confirm you want to set one down. Pick your block. Hit 'A' to select it. Hit 'A' to confirm. Done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.