• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
I know that shiny pokemon look shiny when they follow you. However, do pokemon with overworld sprites before you catch them (Lugia, Ho-Oh, Mewtwo, Suicune, etc.) look shiny before you catch them? It seems like that would make it much easier to SR, but I doubt it's what really happens.

Nope, the OW Sprites will be the regular coloration (even if it's shiny) until you catch it and put it as you first Pokemon.

PkMnPwNs1991

<- Hot tamale
Seems kind of odd that it would instantly change color if you put it to the front of your party right after catching it... but it's what I expected. Thanks.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
Seems kind of odd that it would instantly change color if you put it to the front of your party right after catching it... but it's what I expected. Thanks.

well, to see the shiny sprite following you it has to be the First Pokemon in your party :p

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What are the E4 types?

Will - Psychic
Koga - Poison
Bruno - Fighting
Karen - Dark
Lance - Dragon

Note that some may have a few "wild card" Pokemon not of their specialized type, i.e. Karen has Gengar and Vileplume the first time even though she specializes in Dark types. Here's their full rosters :)

Soital

Is there a legit way to get all of the starters...eventually. I obviously know that you receive one Johto starter, then later 1 Kanto and Hoenn. Beyond that it is possible to get a Torhic on the Sightseeing course of the pokewalker. But does anyone know any legitimate ways of getting them without resetting games or such???

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Is there a legit way to get all of the starters...eventually. I obviously know that you receive one Johto starter, then later 1 Kanto and Hoenn. Beyong that it is possible to get a Torhic on the Sightseeing course of the pokewalker. But does anyone know any legitimate ways of getting them without resetting games or such???

No, it's one regional starter per game sorry :(

Ryuu$ei

Just asking cause I'm not sure bout this, but the each copy of HGSS comes with a Pokewalker right? *needs to check before purchasing anything*

yes just like how every copy of FR/LG came with the GBA wireless adapter each HG/SS come with a poke walker

now that doesnt rule out the fact that later on (months possibly a year) they may stop bundling them just like they did with FR/LG

Typhoon Parfait

High Touch
are the ball capsules still in HG/SS? and if there are no contests... what happens to the ribbons? can they still be seen?

im still cant believe and super sad about the impossible to evolve feebas thing... sorry for having so many questions...

VentusVidiVici

Blade Trainer
With the Toysrus first 50 to buy the game deal do you think they'll give a stylus per person or both styli per person? And, since not many people preorder at TRU, do you think getting there at 9:45 when they open at 10 is early enough to be one of the first 50 purchases?

are the ball capsules still in HG/SS? and if there are no contests... what happens to the ribbons? can they still be seen?

im still cant believe and super sad about the impossible to evolve feebas thing... sorry for having so many questions...

no capsules in HG/SS

yes you can still see ribbons... theres even one or two you can only get in this game

With the Toysrus first 50 to buy the game deal do you think they'll give a stylus per person or both styli per person? And, since not many people preorder at TRU, do you think getting there at 9:45 when they open at 10 is early enough to be one of the first 50 purchases?

i dont know about a stylus giveaway but if your in an area thats not heavily populated you should be alright but just to be safe id get there maybe 10 - 20 mins befroe they open

Status
Not open for further replies.