• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

/Exiled/

EternallyParadoxical

kingofthedead

<-- newest shiny
I'm sure this has been asked and answer many of times before, and I'll search back in a few to check, but when for example it says kangaskan requires 5000 steps does that mean 5000 steps in one day, your total steps collected since youve used the pokewalker or your total steps on your current stroll? Thanks much in advance.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Where on earth is the guy that takes your photos? He's supposed to be in New Bark today and I can't find him anywhere! He was supposed to be in Cherrygrove yesterday and I couldn't find him there either! So where is he supposed to be? >_<

When I traded my Kadabra from HG to pearl, I couldn't stop him from evolving! I jammed the B button and gave him an everstone but the game insisted on making him evolve, so at the end I left him in HG. Anyone knows why?

diamonddialgapikamew

hey can anyone tell me if there is a tm for thunderwave in this game and if so where?
and where can i find heart scales in ss?
i thought they were only obtainable in rse

^ you get thunderwave from the battle frontier. Need bp
Heart scales are from rock smash rocks, pokethlon prize on wednesday or pickup pokemon lv 51 or higher

Last edited:

MegaLeafeon

I need some pointers. I have a team in the works. So far I got a my Quilava, but I plan on having an Espeon, Tyranitar, Octillery, Tangrowth, and a flying type. My problem is, I'm not sure what type of flying Pokemon I want. As long as it can learn fly, it's alright by me. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

TSL

Mischievous.
will Ho-oh be adamant if I had abra be in front when I face it?

If Abra has the ability synchronize, and has an adamant nature, then the Ho-oh will have a 50% of having the adamant nature.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
What is the point of making a group in the school house? idk wat it meanz

Groups are a way players can synchronize their in-game events (i.e. Swarms, T.V. Broadcasts, etc). When you connect to someone via wireless and mix records with that person, you'll be able to join their group and be in sync with their game.

I'm sure this has been asked and answer many of times before, and I'll search back in a few to check, but when for example it says kangaskan requires 5000 steps does that mean 5000 steps in one day, your total steps collected since youve used the pokewalker or your total steps on your current stroll? Thanks much in advance.

You need 5,000 per day in order to be able to encounter Kangaskhan. With a useful Pokemon type you can lower that number.

hey can anyone tell me if there is a tm for thunderwave in this game and if so where?
and where can i find heart scales in ss?
i thought they were only obtainable in rse

By smashing rocks, via Pokewalker course: Beautiful Beach or Pokeathon Prizes (Wednesdays)

I need some pointers. I have a team in the works. So far I got a my Quilava, but I plan on having an Espeon, Tyranitar, Octillery, Tangrowth, and a flying type. My problem is, I'm not sure what type of flying Pokemon I want. As long as it can learn fly, it's alright by me. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Try Togetic, proves to be a useful flying type.

will Ho-oh be adamant if I had abra be in front when I face it?

I believe there's a 50% chance Synchronize will work (given that Abra is of Adamant nature).

NamioftheSea

Ok, it seems you really thought out your future team. Though for a flying type, I normally go for the first one I see (ex. Pidgy in Kanto/Johto; Tailow in Hoenn; & Starly in Sinnoh.) Since those can be great powerhouses in your team if you stick with them.

Esterk

So is there any way to actually purchase coins in this game or do you have to play that stupid flip card thing? It ****** me off so much when I found out that they removed this feature from the American versions.

Last edited:

kingofthedead

<-- newest shiny
So is there any way to actually purchase coins in this game or do you have to play that stupid flip card thing? It ****** me off so much when I found out that they removed this feature from the American versions.

No there is no way to purchase coins... Tis lame, I know.

hornsfan1

Blaziken Breeder
Stuck at Claire with my team as:
Ampharos -35
Butterfree -34
Typhlosion -38
Crobat -38
Gyrados -30
Blank

Where can I go back to train easily or catch something to help out against Claire?

Nuicar

Rawrness
Kay so I'm sure this has been asked but 250+ pages is a bit much to search through. So I will ask this anyways. I am currently playing through soulsilver. I am sitting in front of lugia and have been soft resetting for a good nature/IVs. Natures seem to have no problem changing, but the IV's are staying below 20 for the most part and I'm hoping for some a little higher. Can IVs for lugia (or any stationary legendary) be soft resetted for? Or are they pre-determind? Thanks in advance. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.