• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate Glalie

Sorry for two questions, but just to check, there is no secret base in this game? Which probably means no underground features like in DPP?
Nope, secret bases and the Underground are not in HGSS.

RadiataAlchemist

ShattrdNghtmare
So the swarm pokemon...

Everytime I let Oak and Mary go through their shpeel about what Pokemon are where they say something different. If there is a swarm will it be like the first thing they say or do I have to keep watching to make sure?

Champion Jared 14

Use the staircase on the first floor, and keep going from there. When you reach a dead end, walk out of the window. ;)

Wow, that was the weirdest but coolest thing! I wouldn't have known what to do when I got there! That was the jump of doom! Lol, and I loved the view from the outside of the lighthouse! Thanks again!!

hornsfan1

Blaziken Breeder
You have to leave the Dragon's Den and then come back to recieve the Dratini.

TrUmPzTeR

One very last question please,

S.S. Aqua - I checked on Serebii's website and it said the ship departs from Olivine to Vermilion only on Fridays but isn't it twice a week?
Mondays and Fridays (Or Sundays and Fridays, I forgot), but the guy in the game says twice a week

Thank you once more =)

Last edited:

TyloNary

So I think I screwed up my HeartGold game. I'm trying to get past the guy in Mahogany Town but he won't let me get past even though I've already done what he wants me to. I've gotten the first 7 badges, beaten Team Rocket, went to the Safari Zone, and he still won't let me go. I think I caused this by skipping over the Olivine Gym. In a timeline it looked roughly like this:

-Went to Olivine
-Couldn't find how to get to Jasmin
-Went to Cianwood
-Fought Eusine (or whatever)
-Beat the Cianwood Gym
-Went to Mahogany
-Caught the red gyardos
-Beat team rocket
-Beat Mahogany Gym
-Found what to do at Lighthouse and did it
-Beat Olivine
-Can't get past the man at Mahogany

I realize since the game is relatively new no one might have any clue what to do, but I really don't want to have to use up another 28 hours of my life. Any help at all would appreciated.

Ultimate Glalie

So I think I screwed up my HeartGold game. I'm trying to get past the guy in Mahogany Town but he won't let me get past even though I've already done what he wants me to. I've gotten the first 7 badges, beaten Team Rocket, went to the Safari Zone, and he still won't let me go. I think I caused this by skipping over the Olivine Gym. In a timeline it looked roughly like this:

-Went to Olivine
-Couldn't find how to get to Jasmin
-Went to Cianwood
-Fought Eusine (or whatever)
-Beat the Cianwood Gym
-Went to Mahogany
-Caught the red gyardos
-Beat team rocket
-Beat Mahogany Gym
-Found what to do at Lighthouse and did it
-Beat Olivine
-Can't get past the man at Mahogany

I realize since the game is relatively new no one might have any clue what to do, but I really don't want to have to use up another 28 hours of my life. Any help at all would appreciated.
Beating Jasmine late wouldn't affect your game. Have you stopped the Radio Tower takeover?

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
Thanks, BN!

So im trying to get to the safari zone and the warden asked for a geodude that are supposed to be by the grass at the entrance. All i have found are farfetchd, tauros, glooms and all that but no geodude, whats the catch rate of one of those there?

Chernandez: Are you looking IN the Safari Zone, or in the area outside it? The Geodude is found in the first area of the zone, and has to be caught in there. The pokémon you're describing are on Route 48, outside the zone.

If I understand the instructions on Serebii correctly, you can get into the zone without having passed the test; you have to be in the zone to get the right Geodude.

Morgil

Where are the grass patches in the Ruins of Alph and at what point in the game can i access them? I wanna catch a pokemon that's found only there.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
So, you know that guy that takes pictures of you and your pokemon? The one that's in Goldenrod Underground? He's supposed to be in other places too (like he's supposed to be in Cherrygrove today), but I can't find him. Do I need to do anything special before I can see him? Like beat a certain gym or something?

I want to take pictures of my journey but I can't. :<

rocky505

Where are the grass patches in the Ruins of Alph and at what point in the game can i access them? I wanna catch a pokemon that's found only there.
You have to have at least 4 badges before going there and you have to have strength and surf. All I cn remember is that you get there by going somewhere in union Cave.

mooguts

Charizard Master
Please HELP! I am playing the english Heartgold, and so far I have 13 Badges and am missing Brock's, Blaine's, and Green's badges. Anyway, I recently found the piece for the power plant and gave it back and afterwards went to the Lavender radio tower for the first time and talked to a man that gave my radio a Kanto upgrade. But something is wrong. For some reason there are STILL only Johto channels on my radio and I can't seem to find any of the Kanto channels or the pokeflute music ANYWHERE and therefore cannot wake up Snorlax and get to the remaining gyms. Is my game glitched?
PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:

Ultimate Glalie

Please HELP! I am playing the english Heartgold, and so far I have 13 Badges and am missing brock's, blaine's, and green's badges. Anyway, I recently found the peice for the power plant and went to the Lavender radio tower for the first time and talked to a man that gave my radio a Kanto upgrade. But something is wrong. For some reason there are only 4 channels on my radio and I can't seem to find the pokeflute music ANYWHERE and therefore cannot wake up Snorlax and get to the remaining gyms. Is my game glitched?
PLEASE HELP!
Move the cursor around manually with the stylus/your finger/etc. and you'll find the Poke Flute channel. IIRC, you have to move the cursor to the very top of the screen.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Can you send a Pokemon from your PokeWalker to a new game? If I wanted to start over would I be able to send my Meganium to my new HG file?
I heard you can not. You can always trade with another DS Pokémon game, and trade back after getting 2 or more Pokémon. (The game will not allow you to trade if you have one Pokémon in your party.)

Morgil said:

There is a "secret" exit in the Union Cave which exits in the Ruins, they also are the entrances to the last two Unown Caves, one that needs Ho-oh and the other a Water Stone. (The Union Cave is the cave which you when though to get to Azalea Town)

You may need surf.

mooguts

Charizard Master
Thanks so much, Glalie! I owe ya one!

Status
Not open for further replies.