• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Usagi

Currently, I'm entering the Pokeantlon on an attempt to collect various trophies.
So far, I managed to collect them for breaking the second records for various events. Pennant Capture might take me awhile though. :/

Other than that, I'm leveling up my team by one level each before taking on the next Gym, while doing some breeding for the Dex.
Still need to do Magmar and Jynx.

So I'm breeding, using cycling road. I get a youngin to replace the female in my breeding pair, go the the day care and pick up the egg from the man. Go in the house to switch females and grandma says the old man wants to see me, go check with him and see he has another egg.

Figure "no biggie, will save me a trip after the 1st hatches"

Heh, I swap out the females and head off to hatch the egg. 1st one hatches so I start up and down cycling road to hatch the other one remembering that the counter resets after the 1st egg hatched.

Well, I only made it one trip up cycling road before the 2nd egg hatched! Did this change or am I misremembering how this worked before?

lethal Xsanity

LX Entry 3

I spent the day In Mt.Mortar "Training" and in the Alpha Ruins.
I caught a cool Lvl 32 Machoke and recived a Tyrogue from the Karate Master :D Gonna evolve him to a Hitmonchan later tonight :D
Then in the Ruins I completed the Puzzles and used an Escape Rope where it says "ESCAPE". I captured all the different Unown I saw,Totalling to about 8.
I Surfed and saw a Quagsire! Captured it,and not sure If I'll train it.
It's kinda low at Lvl 23..
I got some very usefull shards all at once and the Helix Fossil in little to no time.
I used the shards to get some berrys and since I got an Oran Berry I decided to take it to the Moo Moo Farm and thank god I finally healed that dam Cow.
The Ball Capsule's seem kinda Dull..
But I don't know. I'll see it later.
Ampharos reached Lvl 40! And now off to train a couple others!

Last edited:

Kyukon_Mars

I rebattled Misty, Jasmine, and Chuck again and beat them rather easily. With my Experience Share I leveled up my Ekans until it evolved. So I'm sort of training for Red and filling my Pokedex at the same time. I'm at 249 right now. I also migrated more Pokemon from Ruby since that's helped me with most of the Hoenn Pokemon.

Also I have an egg but I don't remember what's in it. I've been breeding a lot lately too and I'm losing track of what's in which egg. I don't really care though, it's a nice surprise when it does hatch.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
did alot yesterday, starting with making it through ice path. In the ice path i caught a jynx thinking id make her my 6th party member, but i didn't feel like training it up 15 lvls B4 entering blackthorn so i stuck with 5 teammates. Then in Blackthorn i headed straight to the move tutor and taught meganium frenzy plant. In blackthorn gym gyrados managed to take out the whole gym with ice fang and dragon rage.

Caught a dratini in dragon's den for the use of whirlpool only and finally got my 8th badge. Taught Gyrados waterfall and dragon pulse, then headed for the dance studio in ecrutek. Once i beat them i went and caught Ho-oh with help from Gyra again, Only took me 1 ultra ball to catch Ho-oh (and 3 pokeballs due to messing around) After that i headed right for the pokemon league. After beating my rival along the way i chose to put Ho-oh in the 6th pokemon slot just so id have a 6th for the hall of fame.

Got through the E4 before lance with little trouble except for bruno's Machamp, didn't realize pokemon who use fly can now get hit by any and all attacks. then i got to lance, with his lvl 49 and lvl 50 dragonites i thought there was no way my lvl 40-42 pokemon could win. i was almost right with all but my magnezone fainting. Took me many, hyper potions, full restores, and max potions, but i managed to keep 'Zone alive long enough to take out lances Dragonites.

HOF Team
Magnezone lvl 42
Gyrados lvl 43
meganium lvl 40
arcanine lvl 40
aerodactyl lvl 41

Think i might restart my game due to not wanting to raise a kanto pokemon from lvl 6 to lvl 40 for my 6th teammate, and being way underleveled for all the kanto gyms and having no where to lvl them up(without facing the E4 a hundred more times)

Last edited:

Chimecho3000

Encountered a Snubbull as soon as I stepped into a patch of grass on Route 38. My swarm was Luvdisc, so this was a very rare encounter. It's Impish and has Intimidate, which is also very lucky and fortunate.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Got through the E4 before lance with little trouble except for bruno's Machamp, didn't realize pokemon who use fly can now get hit by any and all attacks.

That's the Machamp's line ability No Guard. If you're in the air, underground, or vanish you will still be hit. My poor Noctowl got Stone Edged :(

I've been doing the same thing lately. Training Pokemon to evolve, catching Pokemon, and breeding Pokemon for the Pokedex. I'm up to 355 obtained. Still thinking about restarting my HeartGold as I raped it for Pokemon to send to my SoulSilver. Probably going to SR for a shiny starter.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I just got the Dome fossil, then my game froze >.< I just resurrected it, and evolved it. Now I'm on my way to catching moltres- the next pokemon for my pokedex.

lethal Xsanity

LX Entry 4

Traded my Ho-Oh to a friend for a Totodile,and Cressellia.
Prolly gonna trade the Cressellia,but my Totodile is beast :)
Perfect Egg moves and had Pokerus.
Spent the day Spreading it to all my Squad,and looking forward to spreading it to the rest of my Pokemon Along the way.
Currently Training Totodile up to Lvl 40 Before going to Kanto.
Probably Gonna replace my actual starter Cyndaquil on that Journey :)
I Love it..It's just to RAW.
If you hadn't notice I don't evolve my Pokemon right away,I like to keep em as there 1st and 2nd Forms for a good while,cause I mean c'mon I just got it and It would be a Feraligatr already!..
That's not that fun :/
Anyway..
Also did the Bug Catching Contest,Caught a Lvl 13 Beedrill,
It's health was low soo I tried to catch another Beedrill without weakening it,and it ended up killing me :/
Therefore I didn't win anything at all..Still Trying to win my 2nd Contest :/
Only won with My Beloved Pinsir,Haven't won since.
Anyway, I might train that Beedrill,it had Beast Stats and I love Bug Pokemon.

Pokemon Left to Reach Level 40 Before Kanto Journey.
Gligar Lvl 31
Totodile Lvl 33

Maybe
Poliwag? It's Lvl 20 but has good stats..I think having a Poliwhirl on my Squad would be really cool.
Staryu? Also Lvl 20, Never Trained one,Never had a Starmie,so I think I will train this so that Toward the end of my Journey I evolve it into a Pretty Cool Starmie.

Last edited:

Glue

Snorunt = cool ^o^
I made an interesting approach on this game and tried weaker pokemon (other than Feraligatr which I don't use a lot) for a tougher challenge, I chose a Paras and Sentret to start with my Totodile and got a Nidoran to hold all my HMs. When things got a little to challenging I managed to get a dragonite from the GTS which helped me a lot in rough situations. My Furret, Feraligatr, and Parasect are all on level 60 and now I dont know where to train other than Mt. Silver but that does not help alot, any suggestions?

lethal Xsanity

I made an interesting approach on this game and tried weaker pokemon (other than Feraligatr which I don't use a lot) for a tougher challenge, I chose a Paras and Sentret to start with my Totodile and got a Nidoran to hold all my HMs. When things got a little to challenging I managed to get a dragonite from the GTS which helped me a lot in rough situations. My Furret, Feraligatr, and Parasect are all on level 60 and now I dont know where to train other than Mt. Silver but that does not help alot, any suggestions?

Look for Places where your Pokemon have a Type Advantage against the wild Pokemon,you usually can get more EXP in those Situations,Also make the Pokemon you're Training wear the EXP Share or Lucky Egg so their Exp gets a boost.
Just a Little help since I haven't gotten far enough in the game to tell you other places to train.

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Craaaaazy morning. Woke up at 2am, and couldn't go back to sleep. So naturally some more HeartGold was in order.

Caught many more Pokemon, caught Kyogre, got Pryce's number, got Clair's number, got every other trainer's number, continued harvesting my berries, did Buena's password, did the daily draw, wasted time on Voltorb flip, went through the SS Aqua, did the Ragecandybar thing. And other things of that ilk.

Then I cruised down the Pokethlon way, and won the 'master medals' or whatever in Relay Run and Disc Catch. Good times.

Kyukon_Mars

I managed to defeat Red today, albeit with the help of some Max Revives and Full Restores. I was down my last Pokemon by the time I knocked Lapras out. My team was:

;160; (74)
;334; (74)
;038; (73)
;475; (73)
;181; (72)
;124; (70)

I started with my Ninetales since it knows Dig, but Pikachu knocked it out with Volt Tackle. Between the recoil damage and the hail, it got down to red but of course Red used a Full Restore. My Jynx knocked it out with Fake Tears and Blizzard.
I used Feraligatr against Charizard, but he switched to Venusaur, which took out my Feraligatr with Giga Drain. I revived my Ninetales and used it along with my Jynx to take down Venusaur.
Ampharos easily took out Blastoise.
Gallade knocked out Snorlax with two Drain Punches before taking a Blizzard from Lapras. Luckily it survived and knocked out Lapras since Gallade was my last Pokemon.

So now I'm going to keep raising these by battling the Elite Four and gym leaders so I can battle Red again.

I encountered Latias 2-3 times, so now it's down to the red in HP. Tried catching it with a Dusk Ball but it immediately popped out.

I did a lot of trading on the GTS today. I got a Lucario for a Porygon, a Magmar for an Absol, a Teddiursa for a Phanpy, and an Electabuzz for a Raichu. I also got a Japanese Drifblim the other day in exchange for a Happiny, so now I'm breeding it with my own Ditto to see if I can get a shiny Drifloon.

My Altaria found its second Shiny Leaf today. I'll probably be hunting for those a lot more now while I hatch eggs.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I can't remember where I last left off...

-Got the extremespeed Dratini dundundun!
-Decided to get rid of Lanturn and Grimer from my team. BACKSTORY: [since I can't just axe them] I visited Prof Elm, stayed the night. Grimer is now a father to some baby Koffings and Lanturn is sick because it hasn't had enough water so I leave them both with Elm.
-Caught Wobbufet [Custard...Wobbufet=wobble=jelly=custard haha] at Level 25!
-Spent hours hunting for an Aipom and finally found and caught one [female, Dash]
-Custard and Dash are now part of my team, hooray!
-Got the Masterball from Elm
-Began a long and tedious process of equipping Exp Share to Custard/Dash and winning then losing against the Kimono's, but it's working!

CURRENT TEAM;
Jaws -- Feraligatr -- Lv 36
Tails -- Furret -- Lv 36
Cotton -- Jumpluff -- Lv 36
Gusto -- Noctowl -- Lv 36
Custard -- Wobbuffet -- Lv 36
Dash -- Aipom -- Lv 31

@Ecruteak Dance Theater

BADGES; Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Storm, Mineral, Glacier, Rising

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
Recent Happenings in My HeartGold

After finished playing my SoulSilver, now I am playing HeartGold. I have decided to train some Pokemon that I have never really raised before.

This time I chose the male character and named myself Davy. Picked Chikorita as my starter, and my Chikorita has Quirky nature. Went to Mr. Pokemon's house and received the Mystery Egg and PokeDex from Mr. Pokemon and Professor Oak respectively.

When I went back to Cherrygrove City, met the Passerby Boy aka my rival and we started battling. My Chikorita defeated his Cyndaquil without too much trouble. After that, in Professor Elm's Lab, I named my rival Bison, LOL. XD

After showing me how to catch Pokemon, I received PokeBalls from her. I caught an Impish Spearow and decided to use it in the early stage of the game. By the way, I myself never really trained the Spearow line in any of my Pokemon games before. I saved the game after doing some training.

Current team:
Lv. 8 Chikorita
Lv. 4 Spearow

lethal Xsanity

LX Entry 5

Well Last Night Trained Totodile to Lvl 40,Got a Female Extreme Speed Dratini.. Might Trade it? If interested.
I Gave it Pokerus :]
Woke Up today and Got a Magmortar from a Friend,
Lvl 57
-Flamethrower-
-Thunderbolt-
-Solar Beam-
-Hyper Beam
What a Beast!
Gave it Pokerus.
I might Train Poliwag and Staryu up to Level 40 Before Heading to Kanto.
Still Thinking about it,
I know I'm gonna have to Vigourously Train again before the Elite Four.
I Want to use my Original Team even though I know I can Sweep them with Magmortar and Cressellia,
It'll be less rewarding.
Well I'ma go play..See ya.

Mew_Myuu

Rikudou Sennin
Well Last Night Trained Totodile to Lvl 40,Got a Female Extreme Speed Dratini.. Might Trade it? If interested.
I Gave it Pokerus :]
Woke Up today and Got a Magmortar from a Friend,
Lvl 57
-Flamethrower-
-Thunderbolt-
-Solar Beam-
-Hyper Beam
What a Beast!
Gave it Pokerus.
I might Train Poliwag and Staryu up to Level 40 Before Heading to Kanto.
Still Thinking about it,
I know I'm gonna have to Vigourously Train again before the Elite Four.
I Want to use my Original Team even though I know I can Sweep them with Magmortar and Cressellia,
It'll be less rewarding.
Well I'ma go play..See ya.

You should give that Magmortar Sunny Day instead of Hyper Beam to power up Flamethrower AND make Solar Beam a one-turn move :D

I just a 34-win streak in BT, lost against a Nidoking lead using Shadow Ball, VERY annoyed. I shouldn't have tried to set up and does swept it instead... Oh well I guess I've learned my lesson, time to try again :) (and maybe get round to EV training that Garchomp)

lethal Xsanity

You should give that Magmortar Sunny Day instead of Hyper Beam to power up Flamethrower AND make Solar Beam a one-turn move :D

I Might just do that,
Those were the Moves It came with, I was Like Wow.
I can Take out Rock Ground and Water Types with Solar Beam,and Also Water With ThunderBolt.
Flamethrower has the STAB.
So. I might take out Thunderbolt.

Last edited:

DelilahZombie

dance party!
I just beat Team Rocket at the Radio Tower. It was great, I won. My Mantine beat Houndoom, and he was only at level 29!! Fuufufufuuufuu. I'm also working on getting gold leaves for my Fabular, it's going to be sick. I don't have any right now, but I'm not worried or discouraged. I really need an electric Pokemon :(. I have to switch my team around because it sucks. Stantler grew to level 30, he really needs a nickname. I'm going to get a Jolteon I think. I also really want to figure out some good move sets so I can double battle with Arcanine & Umbreon, because they're nicknamed after my dog & cat, and that would be awesomeee. I won't be doing this anytime soon because I promised my nephew I'd level up his **** in Pokemon Ruby. So, I'm going to drink some Red Stripe and work on that later. MMmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.