• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well I restarted my SS this morning, and got all the stuff I needed to get done. I got a Flying Pikachu off my Walker that I hadn't touched in months, but I want a Surf Pikachu -_-

So Mom gave me my stuff, and Elm gave me a Totodile. Went to Mr. Pokemon's House, got the Egg and the Dex, then beat Paul (Rival). Elm thanked me for the egg, and Lyra gave me some PokeBalls. Caught some pokemon, traded for eggs, and currently training.

Magby level 1
Totodile level 1
Elekid level 1
Zubat level 1
Swinub level 1
Machop level 1

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Soo, i lost my SoulSilver.... I was working on a team for competitive battles.

Bummer... are you planning on getting another copy of the game if you can't find it?

Today... faced off against another gym leader for the heck of it... watered my berry plants and took part in bug contest... didn't place but got a good natured Combee... Adamant... the opposite of my other one that I had, a Modest one.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Trained my team to level 10, and beat the Sprout Tower and Falkner. Elekid walked all over him. Currently going to Azelea Town.

Magby level 12
Totodile level 12
Elekid level 12
Zubat level 12
Swinub level 12
Machop level 12

Dusk Sweep 0x9

Ready to Battle
Waste of time some might say. Shinies are worthless some might say.

But i am so happy with this as it's my favourite pokemon and i feel i deserve it.

How long did it take you?

Just really training atm, want all my pokemon on level 45 before taking on the pkmn League.

Gentleben

Nintendo VIP Fan
Lately I've been working on the mammoth task of completing my National Dex.

I've currently seen 417 Pokemon and own around 407. I'm finding the closer to dex completion you get the more time consuming the task becomes.

Most the Pokemon I'm missing are from the Sinnoh region, I've exhausted all then Pokemon from Sinnoh Sound so going to have to start doing a lot more trading to get those harder to find Pokemon.

lethal Xsanity

Nice Job Puca Ness!
I'm Thinking about SR'ing for a Shiny :/
I didn't do it for Ho-Oh.
Mhmm. I don't know if I have the patience or time though.
I wish I could just encounter one one day haha.
As for an update.
Nothing from me.
Haven't played,Might Trade with a Friend today and Hopefully I get the urge to play again.
I don't know.Feeling kinda down about something.
I'll give a Real Update Later If I do play that is.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Traveled down to Union Cave yesterday, beat all the trainers. TR was too easy in Slowpoke Well, Swinub dealt with him. Went to the Gym, Zubat OHKOd both Metapod and Kakuna, and Magby defeated Scyther. Traveled through Ilex Forest and currently training for Whitney. Totodile just evolved.

Magby level 18
Croconaw level 18
Elekid level 18
Zubat level 18
Swinub level 18
Machop level 18

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Traveled down to Union Cave yesterday, beat all the trainers. TR was too easy in Slowpoke Well, Swinub dealt with him. Went to the Gym, Zubat OHKOd both Metapod and Kakuna, and Magby defeated Scyther. Traveled through Ilex Forest and currently training for Whitney. Totodile just evolved.

Magby level 18
Croconaw level 18
Elekid level 18
Zubat level 18
Swinub level 18
Machop level 18

Trillian

The hoopy frood
It's official: I love my SoulSilver game. But more on that in a bit. When the team got to lv.22, we took on Bugsy for the hive badge. Bugsy sent out Scyther, I sent out Flyer. Got in a Quick Attack before Whirwinding out Metapod and taking it out first. Bugsy sent Scyther back in and I switched to Typhoo (now Noah), who finished Scyther with Flame Wheel. Flyer then took out Kakuna and the Hive badge was mine.

In the Ilex Forest, I taught Duskull Headbutt so he can finally attack Normal types, and we returned to Azalea Town to get a Heracross from the Headbutt trees. After encountering loads of Spearows and catching an Aipom, a female Hercacross finally appeared! I was actually looking for a female (I wanted her for the purposes of defeating Whitney, and her being a female means cute charm and such won't have an effect), and it turns out that she has an adamant nature as well! I started training her today and it's going well - from lv.5 to lv.18.

Now, the reason why I love SoulSilver. I mentioned recently how the first shiny in ages I found was my third Geodude; well, today while I was training Hera (the Heracross), a shiny rattata appeared! I tried to stay composed, got Lecto to ThunderWave it, threw a Great Ball and it was caught! In just a couple of days this game has given me two random shiny encounters - I'm just glad I've been able to catch them both!

So, after that excitement I got to Goldenrod, and the first place I went to after the Pokémon Centre was the Name Rater's house. Most of my pokémon have now been renamed:

Cynadquil - Noah
Nidoran Female - Rani
Duskull - Nero
Metang - Fer

Pidgey is still Flyer and Elekid is still Lecto. I also did an international trade on the GTS (an Italian player's Zubat for my Bounce Magikarp) to unlock Beyond The Sea on the pokéwalker. Now I just have to build up watts and unlock Remoraid - the water type I want to have for my team.

And that's everything (you know, bar the usual: getting the bike, getting the Blue Card and radio card etc). Just have to train everyone up to lv.24 and then we'll battle for the plain badge!

well, i passed heart gold ages ago so i kinda focused on my pokedex so i worked on pokemon emerald and fire red to get more pokemon through the pal park, till i hit a dead end when i needed sinnoh pokemon haha. so i traded my extra legendary birds and got a jirachi 100 and a spiritomb...both of them are my favorite now. still raising my dragonite although he found the five gold leaves so i made a crown for him. and battled three times in the last two days, and won once and lost two....what can i say im new to pokemon battles on wifi. got some trades and working on raising more pokemon to a hundred and now i want a shiny pokemon...wonder how people find them so easily hmmm.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Beat Paul in Azelea Town with Totodile, who evolved as a result. Made it through Ilex Forest, I already have a HM Slave with Cut, no need for the HM. Trained my pokemon against the trainers and the wild pokemon in and around Goldenrod City until they reached level 20, then I challenged Whitney. Machop won easily thanks to a few crit Karate Chops. Left there, trained my team some more, and beat Paul again in Burnt Tower with Golbat. When my team reached level 25, I challenged Morty. After an X Speed and X Attack, Golbat outsped and OHKO'd everyone with Bite. Even leveled twice and tried to evolve into Crobat! I'm holding off for now, gonna evolve later around Mahogany Town.

Magby level 25
Croconaw level 25
Elekid level 25
Golbat level 27
Swinub level 25
Machop level 25

DSpanky1

Battle Hut Elite
A word of advice: Get the Adamant Ditto. It'll be more than worth it in the long run, plus you'll get other natures of Ditto. I'm still mad I bred my Garchomp (back when it was OU) for days instead of grabbing a Ditto. Turns out, I had an Adamant Umby with Synchronize all along, and it took me 10 minutes. =p

I opted to go with a Jolly Teddiursa with Pickup. Once I beat the Elite Four I plan on catching one more Ditto to breed them and get all the natures.

I EV trained Teddiursa, 252 in Attack, 252 in Speed and the rest in Defense. Currently working on breeding an Aipom with Run Away and leveling up Teddiursa. Going to trade it over to Platinum to teach it Fire Punch.

Zeri

Dragon Collector
Wow, haven't posted here in ages. Anyways, started soul silver again for the third time about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and traded people for a team of my favourite shinys, all legit. Started out with Bagon, Beldum, and Eevee. Ev'd these guys outside the (?) ruins, and then beat falkner, and went further on. Long story short by the time I got to the third gym, eevee evolved into umbreon, and beldum into metang. After the gym I traded over the shiny vulpix I had which was at level 24, and trained them all up to level 25 before taking on morty. After morty, I traded over my shiny Magnetric(sp?) who started out at level 26. Trained them all to level 30, and went to go catch my final pokemon gyarados. After I caught her, I went and beat both the 5th, and 6th gyms, and all the stuff inbetween. By the time I finish that they were all at lv.35(ev'd three of them on natus) and the rest were ev'd on goldeens, and seakings. Then consequently got hooked on eving them. Still haven't gone with Lance to beat team rocket. And when I say I got hooked, I really did...

Current team:

Salamence lv.50
Metagross lv.45
Gyarados lv.45
Vulpix lv.45
Umbreon lv.40
Manectric lv.40

Mind you I did all the eving while I was watching tv. ^^;

TanGone

Just caught Yanma! Ive been waiting for so long, o o so long.

I got all 16 gym badges, havent beaten red yet. Kinda just training my team, filling my pokedex. I really dont have a set team just getting all guys to there evolutions.

I have some really high level guys, nothing to special. Just gonna grind with yanma all night

Regret_93

Let's see I finally got all 8 badges, and went to the Whirl Islands. Caught Lugia with only using 3 Dusk Balls (Which ****** me off cause i used a whole chunk of money to buy 30 Dusk Balls)

Went to battle the Elite 4, the main 4 were a breeze, but Lance and his stupid Dragonites were a b*tch!

Now Finally got to the Kanto region.

Do you get a starter in the Kanto region?

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Let's see I finally got all 8 badges, and went to the Whirl Islands. Caught Lugia with only using 3 Dusk Balls (Which ****** me off cause i used a whole chunk of money to buy 30 Dusk Balls)

Went to battle the Elite 4, the main 4 were a breeze, but Lance and his stupid Dragonites were a b*tch!

Now Finally got to the Kanto region.

Do you get a starter in the Kanto region?
Yes you get starters, but after you get 16 badges.

So far I defeated the Elite Four, gotten all of my badges, and kicked the crap out of Red with my level 100 team.
I'm SRing for a good Iv'd and Nature'd Mewtwo currently.
My team when I stoped was:
;157; "Silver" Lv.55 boy
;181; "Mutton" Lv.55 girl
;429; "Mistress" Lv.55 girl
;022; "Arrow" Lv.55 girl
;186; "Kermit" Lv.55 boy
;103; "Bismark" Lv.55 boy

After i SR for that Mewtwo, I plan to chase down the rest of the roamers.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
SoulSilver Journey Post 58

I really haven't been doing much. Just filling up my Pokedex. One interesting thing that happened a while ago was during a Bug Catching Contest. I caught a Caterpie for the Pokedex. I then retired and awaited the results. Third place was a Caterpie and second place was another Caterpie. I then won first place with my own Caterpie. I guess that means my Caterpie is in the top percentile of Caterpie...

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Made it to Olivine City today, talked to Jasmine in the Lighthouse. Surf'd to Cianwood City (Magby, Elekid, and Machop all evolved), and when my team reached level 30, Golbat swept Chuck. Flew to Olivine City, and Swinub defeated Jasmine. Luckily Iron Tail missed and Earthquake got a crit hit, taking down Steelix. Swinub evolved after the battle. Healed, and saved.

Magmar level 31
Croconaw level 31
Electabuzz level 31
Golbat level 31
Machoke level 31
Piloswine level 33

Whee i just beat Red! I honestly did not expect to be able to beat him with my team's levels as they are.

Meganium - lv 65 - Cut, Body Slam, Razor Leaf, Petal Dance

Noctowl - lv 61 - Fly, Air Slash, Extrasensory, Roost

Steelix - lv 65 - Stone Edge, Crunch, Strength, Dig

Gengar - lv 63 - Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Dream Eater

Magmar - lv 60 - Rock Smash, Flamethrower, Rock Climb, Faint Attack

Lanturn - lv 62 - Surf, Signal Beam, Water Ring, Discharge

I mean seriously i was fighting level 80s! Pikachu was so weak it was disgusting.

I did use all my max revives (8 of them) about four normal revives, a bunch of Full Restores and some Max potions.

Still though that is what they are there for.

Stil impressed with myself, I thought i would have to grind in Mt Silver or trade my EV team across.

Beforehand i had beaten Blue and got Meganium it's shiny crown so now both my shiny Lugia and Starter have thier crown.

Now i need to find where i can get my 1st and 3rd gen starters.

Needs a Deoxys

Just finished the bug catching contest for the first time. I caught both a Pinsir and Scyther, each lv 13. I decided to go with Scyther and somehow didn't even finish in the top three with the winner having caught a Caterpie. I always knew level played a role in scoring but I never knew that it played such a huge role. It looks like even a Scyther or Pinsir lv 14 (the max before the national dex) doesn't beat a much weaker bug who is of a higher level. Still can't believe I didn't finish in the top three and a caterpie won it but it's whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.