• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Made it to Mahogany Town earlier. KOd the Red Gyarados, I already have 3. Bumped into both Raikou and Entei, couldn't catch them. Cleared out the hideout, Croconaw and Golbat evolved. Defeated Pryce with Machoke and his Revenge. Flew to Goldenrod City and saved.

Magmar level 35
Feraligatr level 35
Electabuzz level 35
Crobat level 35
Piloswine level 35
Machoke level 36

Dusk Sweep 0x9

Ready to Battle
Well i threw my plan of getting all my pokes up to level 45 before going into the Elite Four.
However I am going quite good so far.
Defeated Will
and Koga with ease.
However Bruno is proving to be tough, his Machamp owned me though, so yae.

DSpanky1

Battle Hut Elite
So I decided to breed my team to get good natures. Currently have Aipom and Ditto at the daycare center. I ran into a very awesome surprise while I was collecting some change with Meowth and Pay Day. I ran into a Ditto at level 10. My meowth was at level 33 and I didn't want to knock it out. I used a Repeat Ball and it didn't work, then Ditto Transformed and I attacked with Faint Attack and I was so happy it didn't get knocked out. So I caught it with a repeat ball and headed back to the Pokemon Center. On my way back I battled a Rattata and got some more change.
Well when I went to deposit Ditto into the PC I was in for a surprise, Ditto had Pokerus and was holding Quick Powder. Now it's going to be a lot easier to EV train...time to pass it on to the rest of my team and continue getting Aipom eggs until I get a female.

Team

Meowth Lv 33(f)@Amulet Coin
Naive
Slash
Pay Day
Fake Out
Faint Attack

Aipom Egg
Aipom Egg
Aipom Egg

b0bg0blin

Teh ub3r n00b
Recently I have entered goldenrod and beat the trainers up to the sudowoodo tree, just beating the last trainer before whitney and trying to decide on a last pokemon for my team.

Currently:
Croconaw lvl 23
Pidgeotto lvl 22
Growlithe lvl 19
Nidorino Lvl 19
Furret (HM slave) lvl 15

Any ideas what I could use as a last?

lethal Xsanity

LX Entry 15!

well well well.
Where Do I start.
Friday I believe I recieved a Razor Fang in exchange for one of my Sneasel.
Used the Fang To evolve Gligar later that night,and yes, I do miss Gligar. :/
I then went on to Fight all the trainers that had called me up,on my way past Violet City I decided to take a dip in a pond and I found a Lvl 32 Poliwhirl!
I decided to catch it to go along with my beloved Politoed.
Today I finally got around to training Slowking up to Lvl 42,
Poliwhirl also reached Lvl 42,he'll one day become a Beast Poliwrath :)
I tried to train Weavile a bit,but he only grinded up to Lvl 33.
Today I decided to train up my "baby" pokemon so to say,
Lvl 1 Chikorita.Bulbasaur and Gible.
Also the Lvl 5 Eevee.
Since I had trained Treecko up to Lvl 20 beforehand,I did the same to those 4.
All of them ofcourse yet to evolve.
I then decided I was officially done training in Johto,I'll save em for kanto.
so yes,that means I finally challenged the Elite Four at 3 am..
For My team, I Chose a team of all Lvl 45!
Totodile/Weepinbell/Magmar/Electabuzz/Slowbro/and Dusknoir!
I saved at the gate and went straight ahead.
Totodile was useless the whole time,now,not so much useless because he was more of a scapegoat. I sacrificed his move turns to revive my other team mates.
I went all the way up to Lance without saving to my surprise In case I wasn't ready.
But I was.
Had some epic battles,so I saved before Lance and Faced him.
The epic Music was epic. Yes. That's right.
I beat Gyarados with Electabuzz.
I beat his Lvl 50 Dragonite with a Shadow Punch and a Fatal Ice Punch from Dusknoir.
Aerodactyl was sweeped by 3 Surfs after his Full Restore.
My Team was pretty beat down right now,
had to sacrifice Magmar against his 2nd Dragonite to heal Dusknoir.
Did the Punch Combo again,
Thus came a Charizard,since Slowbro was low on HP,Electabuzz took em out 1 hit KO.
The last Dragonite came,I sent Totodile so I healed Dusknoir of paralysis and HP regained.
2 Hit Combo and I won :)
Very Proud and sad Moment.
Sigh.Off to Kanto next time, I've already chosen my team to take :]
Next time on my update.

seen_thing

Beaten Red for the second time last week with 4 lv. 60s pokemon and lv.74 Starmie.

Had a very, very hard time capturing a Metang in the Safari Zone yesterday. Had to re-enter the Safari Zone about 5 times or so. And when I actually caught it, it has the nature opposed from what I wanted. So I decided to breed it instead to prevent the time and money wasting in the Safari Zone

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I just got the Mewtwo I wanted (Modest 7/26/2/24/25/30) Not the best, but better than most I guess.
I have no idea what to do next. I plan to complete HeartGold and get Kyroge.
Or I might just get Latios and Entei. (I caught Raikou with a Quick Ball earlier)

Or I should probably go workout, since pokemon has taken over my summer at this point.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
SoulSilver Journey Post 59

I continued my conquest of the Battle Frontier. My destination was the Battle Hall which I used Garchomp for. Because I was paranoid, I actually taught Garchomp Rock Slide to counter Shedinja. When I finished fighting all the Bug and Ghost types, I used one of my two Earthquake TMs on Garchomp. I brutally climbed up the Battle Hall and eventually got to 170 battles. I fought the Hall Matron for my fourth Gold Print and had a nice battle. Argenta sent out a Regigigas against my Garchomp. Outrage took it down to about a quarter of its health. Regigigas used Dizzy Punch and of course it had to cunfuse me. This worried me, but I still won getting me the Gold Print. My next and final facility is the Battle Tower for the last Gold Print and the 100 win streak.

Jinglefruit

Mad hatter
Ahthink it's because now they judge the contest based on remaining HP. Pokemon that are easy to catch don't need to be whittled down as much, and since they can be higher levels they have more HP than the always level 13 or 14 Pinsir and Scyther.
I done the same thing though, and dumped my Metapod in the Daycare, it is level 52. xD

While checking that I also removed my Delibird from the Daycare. It had eached Level 51, which is 15 levels higher than my most trained pokemon. xDD Atleast given a few TM's and a couple of vitamins he can be a backup for the E4. zP
Still not taken on Claire, I kept coming close to losing against the gym trainers so I've decided all round level 35 isn't too good. I also came to the conclusion either Electabuzz or Raichu would be helpful against their Horsea line love. Ice just doesn't cut it on them. <_<

I haven't played a whole lot this week. (Probably a lie, since somehow I have leveled up some 21 pokemon by about 3 levels each, must be playing in my sleep) But I have gone on and called for rematches each day, meaning most of my map wanted to battle this morning. So I punished the map for being violent then went to train my pokemon. zP

I beat Claire! First time too. I healed when I only had 2 gym trainers before reaching her then beat them both ust with Raichu taking a speck of damage. So I went straight to Claire and then regretted not healing as he ran out of PP in Thunder. xDD So a pokemon down from the start I done alright, considering my highest level was 36 aswell at this point. (Though Lapras luckily managed to freeze one Dragonair after Perish song-ing it.)

Beat the Kimono girls, - Much easier than my first all grass runthrough. Though I would have lost to Flareon had it not missed. (Aimed to win without using items, otherwise it would have been easy.) And SR'd about 100 times for a shiny Ho-oh before realising I prefer it's non-shiny version. xP Then had so much trouble catching it, took a further 7 long attempts! D:

Just spent a rather long car journey battling Gina and Tully over and over with my pokemon either holding Power Lens or Lucky Egg. Decided to continue training Rotom now that I have managed to get another pokemon up to level 40. - (Lesson: Slowpokes give good Exp, but do keep track of your level)

Took my first step into Kanto aboout 2 hours ago, battled a total of 2 trainers and then decided that I needed more training. One killed Gravelor straight off and poisoned Slowbro and Jynx, the other finished off Slowbro and fainted someone else. (maybe Piloswine) So I felt sufficiently doomed.

Now I'm going to battle Gina and Erin, then press on to route 27. (and probably fly back to heal often)

To train, after E4 but before Kanto so I can use them there:
Level: Pokemon
4: Dunsparce
10: Tyrogue, Ditto
11: Staryu
12: Nidoran (M), Shellder, Cyndaquil, Chansey
13: Pinsir
14: Scyther
16: Krabby
17: Magneton, Sandshrew
20: Diglett
22: Seel
23: Goldeen, Electrode
24: Gligar
25: Poliwhirl, Farfetch'd
26: Shuckle, Tauros
32: Mantine, Ursaring, Donphan, Pidgeotto
45: Ho-oh
51: Delibird, Metapod

In training for E4:
16: Kadabra
38: Nidorina, Gyarados, Beedrill, Haunter, Feraligatr, Lickilicky, Kangaskhan, Growlithe, Lapras, Dodrio, Graveler, Jynx, Slowbro, Forretress, Electabuzz
39: Piloswine, Togekiss, Raichu, Tangrowth, Venusaur
40: Rotom, Shaymin

I want to train one more pokemon aswell for E4. then I will have 4 teams of 6. I just decided Kadabra will join me. Ahm thinking either a fighting or fire type. But that only leaves Cyndaquil or Tyrogue from what I have prepared.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Going to get a Team for Red which I'm sorting out and trying to evolve my Dragonairre to Dragonite.

Also trying to fill in my Johto dex to begin with before my Kanto dex.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Made it to Blackthorn City earlier, and trained a bit in Ice Cave. Beat the Gym treainers, and my team reached level 40, so I challenged Claire. Electabuzz OHKOd Gyarados, Feraligatr took down both Dragonairs and Kingdra with Ice Punch/Dragon Claw. Did the stuff in the Dragon's Den, and evolved Electabuzz, Magmar, Machoke, and Piloswine. Beat the Kimono Girls with Machamp, Mamoswine, and Crobat. Killed Lugia, I may SR later.

Magmortar level 43
Feraligatr level 43
Electivire level 43
Crobat level 43
Mamoswine level 43
Machamp level 43

bleeding-chocobo

On Cloud Nine
I love my SoulSilver. On the way to Eruteak City, I came across a shiny Piedgy and caught it! :D Haven't thought up a nickname for him yet, but he's the new member of my team.

Dusk Sweep 0x9

Ready to Battle
Well I beat bruno, this time I gave my Ampharos a choice specs.
I beat thingy (the dark using lady), with ease (Ampharos swept almost completly, discharge and signal beam ftw).
However Lance just proved too tough for me, as his level 50 dragonite is at least 7 levels higher and at most 11.
So i loss, and am now thinking of what ice pokemon to take.
But I am currently at the Poke Dome, doing some stuff. I am currently in the Potential room, with half of the records already beaten.

lethal Xsanity

LX Entry 16!

I'll try to keep this short since serebii hasn't crashed in the last 30 Minutes or so.
Thank Areceus.
Now to whoever caught that,on to my update! As the rest of you are probably still wondering what that meant.

SO! As I was sadly Preparing to leave Johto,I went to the PC at Olivine and Picked who I was gonna take..I was already thinking about this before I faced the Elite Four,so the unveiling is here.
Lvl 47 Politoed - My Sidekick!
Lvl 42 Slowking- Also happens to be my Slowbro's brother.
Lvl 42 Poliwhirl-Cousin of my Politoed -.-
Lvl 20 Bulbasaur- It makes perfect sense.New Region.New Starter.
Lvl 50 Scizor! - Who hadn't had an actual battle yet.
Lvl 35 Noctowl- Flying Purposes.

I entered the port,to my suprise Prof.Oak was there to greet me,handed me the National Dex and wished me luck..
I then recieved a call from Baboa,who mentioned the Safari Zone Items,so I had to check it out.I mean c'mon,I am the Owner.
Messed with it a lil,tried to catch a Strong Mr.Mime for my team,but they all ran away so I caught a Lvl 17 one.Yup.TheOne that's usually always there. -.-
I also caught a Lvl 45 Shinx before Leaving :] Pretty kewl.
Bred Mr.Mime,now I have to many..way to many,Trained one to be on my team,but hey..that was gonna take to long..way to long.

Randomly caught a Swablu at this point. o_O

Entered the Ship,Switched Noctowl with my Beloved Lvl 40 Koffing!
Decided I wouldn't use Fly for awhile to make the adventure worthwhile.
Battled a bit,got off and hey. I just so happened to see a gym.
So I challenged right away!
Got into an Epic double battle,where Scizor had to take out most,but yes I did have to use all of my Water Types.Barely Made it out of that one,Fought lance,had no chance what so ever so I turned it off.
Gonna look for a good pokemon to train to beat Surge.
Boy..this region aint as easy as the days of Red and Blue.

Last edited:

zodiacsage

Challenge Seeker
I myself have decided to attempt to conquer the Battle Frontier. So far I have managed to beat the leaders of the Arcade and the Castle at the third round marker, hope to get to the rest of them soon. So far my team of Swampert, Infernape and Flygon has been doing well so I will probably stick to this lineup for the time being.

lethal Xsanity

I myself have decided to attempt to conquer the Battle Frontier. So far I have managed to beat the leaders of the Arcade and the Castle at the third round marker, hope to get to the rest of them soon. So far my team of Swampert, Infernape and Flygon has been doing well so I will probably stick to this lineup for the time being.

Good luck! Your team sounds good enough to make it far.
I can't wait to reach the Frontier,Although I get kinda bored before that even happens.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Last night I had some great luck on Voltorb Flip. Made it all the way to level 5 and made 500 coins, only to lose my lucky break. About to go through Victory Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.