• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
started again and have beaten whitney and am wasting my life in the pokeathlon.

Togepi-17
Onix-20
Totodile-17
Flaafy-17
Bayleef-18
Hoothoot-17

it's so shitty that you can't evolve Togetic till the National Dex

Shiny Mew2

Gunshow
Im heading to whirl islands to catch lugia. With a master ball. He needs to be timid!

poke-lord

NAcerous: I think I have a stone on another game

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
SoulSilver Journey Post 65

With the Enigma Stone already out, I decided to take the opportunity and capture Latias. I got a Timid one with decent IVs. I also bred the remaining Johto starters in Platinum (Cyndaquil and Totodile) and traded them to SoulSilver. Cyndaquil bears the name of my old Cyndaquil from my HeartGold game, Firework. Totodile was named Neptune. I'm going to EV train them later.

ForteAnly

Made it to Cianwood City and battled Eusine and Chuck. Defeated Chuck and received HM01. Taught a Pidgeotto Fly and went back to Olivine City to delvier the Special Medicine to Jasmine. Healed my Pokemon and battled Jasmine. Defeated Jasmine and went back to the Cianwood City because the Safari Zone is now open. Made it to the Safari Zone and accepted the first challenge from Baoba. Currently catching some Pokemon in the Safari Zone.

Team Levels:

Venusaur Lv.33
Quilava Lv.30
Poliwrath Lv.31
Dragonair Lv. 30
Nidoking Lv. 30
Feraligatr Lv. 32

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
I hope you have more master balls because Latios is relatively the easiest legendary to catch :/

Excuse me? Latios broke out of ALL 72 Ultra Balls that I had, and them some.

Small story update:

It's happened. Meganium has been dumped from the team, replaced with Sceptile.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Pink Lapras said:
Excuse me? Latios broke out of ALL 72 Ultra Balls that I had, and them some.
Ah, but there is a better way to catch wandering Pokemon like Latios (unless you're talking about the event Latios in HG), which only requires one ball. See below.

--A Brief Update--

In the past week I've been training a few of my lower-level Pokemon: Totodile, Cyndaquil, Sableye, Torchic, Milotic, and two Ralts. (All started at level 5 and were migrated.) Now they're all level 15 or so; the starters just evolved.

The other day, I also got the Enigma Stone from Mystery Gift. So now I can get Latias if I want to...

And yesterday I got two Slugmas and a Houndour from the Pokewalker. The Houndour has a Careful nature, but oh well...

--Today in Soul Silver--

The first thing I did was train the Venonat I caught in the Bug-Catching Contest a while back. While I was at it, I decided to calculate its IV's for the heck of it, getting something like 19/23/8/30/1/15. That plus a Quiet nature means his Special Attack is pretty much at its maximum. Anyway, I only needed to raise it one level before he evolved to Venomoth. Also I caught a Tangela in the meantime.

With this Venomoth I decided to enter today's Bug-Catching contest, and it didn't take me too long to find a level 35 Nincada. I captured a Volbeat after that, but decided I wanted to keep the Nincada instead... I won first prize again, and got... yet another Moon Stone. Gosh darnit. I think I have 8 of those now.

After the Bug-Catching Contest, I finally got around to looking for Latios. It took a lot of wandering around Kanto to do that--I especially took many trips through Diglett's Cave and the Underground Tunnel. First I had my Alakazam weaken it with Psychic, then my Scyther use False Swipe, then my Gengar put it to sleep... I was surprised Latios was still able to flee while asleep. But I did my usual routine of throwing Quick Balls and resetting if it didn't work. On about the seventh try, I finally caught him! And he had a Timid nature--perfect!

While wandering all over Kanto to look for Latios, I made a few discoveries--like an item I had missed in Diglett's Cave, and some Swimmers I hadn't fought yet (my Gengar and Starmie gained two levels each from battling them). I also explored Seafoam Islands for the first time, but didn't feel like catching Articuno yet. I also explored Cinnabar Island with Rock Climb, and found the Magmarizer hiding amongst the rocks. Then I took a picture with Janine and my red Gyarados, and ran into Bugsy for the first time in Viridian Forest.

Then I turned on the radio to get Buena's password... and in the meantime I found out that Remoraid was swarming (big deal, I had two of them and an Octillery from the Pokewalker). But more importantly, I found that the Sinnoh Sound was playing. So I wandered around some more, catching a Shinx, Budew, Buizel, and Chingling.

Next on my agenda is to breed a Bonsly to trade for Brock's Rhyhorn. Even though I have a Rhyhorn already, I like the idea of owning a gym leader's Pokemon! ^_^'

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Dangit! I brought in Latias (Draco Meteor, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Rock) into the Battle Hall and the streak ended at 127. I was tackling Rank 8--I was so close!

Manectric went first and used Signal Beam, taking out about 48% of Latias's HP and confusing Latias.
Latias hurt herself in confusion.
Manectric used Signal Beam again. Game, set, and match.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'

Recent Moments In My 70+ Hour Journey; The Decision

-- I've been very busy in the past few days. After getting a Shiny Latias
710_2_1.png
like a champ... I caught the Snorlax by Diglett Cave
441_3_0.png
[Trained it to 60, but feel like it's dead weight. PC'd.] With 3 Badges to go.. I'm in need of a consistent and solid team. With team issues in the balance.. I head to Pewter to get the Uber Latios.
711_2_0.png
, I caught him with a Masterball, and got it Timid. I decided it wasn't in my best interest to add Latios to the team, 1 Lati@s is enough, and in fact.. Latias does what I want.. so much better. After that moment, I went and caught myself a nice Shroomish
615_3_0.png
from the Viridian Forest, along with a Seedot
603_3_0.png
, although the only one joining me on my team.. is Shroomish. A Sporepunching Breloom would be nice to have later down the road.
-- After getting an Adamant one, I went to Brock with my Latias, Arcanine, and Snorlax[for insurance]. My Latias went in with Energy Ball, and swept everything in its sights. It was great to see and do. When that was done, I made my way.. EV training Shroomish and going through Viridian, Pallet, Cinnibar, and then faced the Fire-Gym Blaine. It was exciting to battle.. but a breeze as well.
-- I'm very proud of my team so far, and I've never had a team like this.. completely dominating the game, and being very strong and versatile. I feel like I can only keep rising to the ultimate top. I go to Viridian Gym.. and prepare for the battle of all battles.. I want to be the best, and I've never had all 16 badges.. this is my time. After beating a few of the trainers inside, I make my way to Blue.. and with my trusty lv 62 Arcanine that I've raised as a young little Growlithe, lv 62 Latias, and lv 58 Snorlax. With Shroomish getting xp by EXP Share.

I did it! Blue was an interesting battle, but with a Revive or two, and Arcanine being completely UBER.. I won.

-- After the battle, Professor Oak wanted to meet with me.. and I agreed. He gave me 1 of the most important HM's in the game for me. Rock Climb. I've been waiting for this thing for so long.. now that I have it, he said he wants me to go train at Mt. Silver, and explore and enjoy. I thought it would be a good idea.. but I need a full strong team first.. [without being able to use a starter from Oak or Steven, sadly].

So here I am now.. deciding on what to do next, who to catch, who to train.

I currently have a pretty nice half-team, and can really pound the opponents.. but a complete team that can switch around is needed against the tough competition ahead.

Current Teammates
59_20_1.png

Arcanine aka Rush
- Extremespeed
- Heat Wave
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Fang

380_21_0.png

Latias aka Sunburst
- Dragonbreath
- Thunderbolt
- Refresh
- Fly

285_30_0.png

Shroomish aka Shroomish [lol]
- Headbutt
- Tackle
- Mega Drain
- Giga Drain

-- As you can see, my team is pretty neat. And I love when they get to high levels.. because like my very strong Arcanine.. you have 100+ in every stat, and 200+ in a few others. Its just so great of a feeling. I hope to make it stronger.

Team Ideas/Options:
I really would like a starter from Steven.. And I'm really debating over a Treeko
582_3_0.png
or Mudkip
588_3_0.png
, which both are great. But with Pokemon that are available at the moment.. I need a Pokemon that can handle Ghosts, and powerful Pokemon. So a wall would be nice. Umbreon
497_3_0.png
was a great part of my team.. but slowly died in usage, and effectiveness. I'm thinking maybe a nice Normal-type would be good. Like a Porygon-Z
819_3_0.png
, or a Double Hitting Ambipom
764_3_0.png

With a team like; Latias, Arcanine, Breloom, and Porygon/Ambipom. I seem to still be very weak in the defense area. And with 2 spots left.. it is pretty obvious those 2 spots need to be able to counter a lot, and help my team out immensely.

Wish me luck.

Aurath8

Took advantage of the Chansey swarm and caught 20 Chansey. No Lucky Egg. Next I caught 20 more chansey and the first one I caught held a Lucky Egg. o_O Ah well, at least I have an easier time grinding levels.
Current time: 126:09
Pokedex: 131
Score: 8392 (Never knew pokémon had scores!)

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Game totally Finished...PokeDex has been completed. Got my diploma! xD
Now beating my Scores at Poketholon...

Last edited:

Sprites

RED is the coolest
Broke 50 hours
8 Gyms beat
Over 150 Pokemon caught
Caught Lugia
Hatched a Bulbasaur, Charmander and a Squirtle
HM slaves gathered.
Broke 100 hours
All 16 badges collected
220 Pokedex
Started LG again to duplicate Mewtwo, Birds and more pokemanz.
Broke 200 hours playtime, after getting SS 2 days after it came out. (UK)
Found out that a Dratini could get extreme speed, so I wondered off to Dragons Den and I answered the questions correctly with no guide. I thought it came with the Dratini...
Found out that I could get one of the Hoen starters, eventually settling on Torchic.
I hatched a Magikarp.
Starting to hatch all new competitive team at Lv.1 with all moves intact.
Still unable to beat read without legendaries.
And I traded a Lv. 25 Riolu for a Lv. 100 Latios successfully!

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
Yarghh. I just beat Clair. :3 I had trained my entire team up to level 40, as well as the level 16 Horsea I caught in the Whirl Islands after I beat Pryce for my seventh badge. Took ages, but they all got to level 40. I didn't evolve Horsea until it got to level 42 so it could learn dragon dance/dragon pulse, and that payed off pretty well. My team's really starting to kick butt, especially now that Horsea evolved into Seadra. Once I beat the E4 I'm going to turn it into a Kingdra - The only reason I chose Horsea for my in-game team in the first place, since I don't care for Horsea or Seadra - as well as turn my Scyther into a Scizor.

Can't wait to beat the E4 to get those two awesome Pokemon. o3o Plus, I can't wait to start SRing for the perfect Latias with that wi-fi event going on... Oh well. I think I have to go fight Lugia, so once I'm done catching him I'll get right on all that.

Current Team:

-Lava ;157; Lvl. 40
-Bat ;169; Lvl. 40
-Scythe ;123; Lvl. 40
-Lunar ;196; Lvl. 40
-Draco ;148; Lvl. 40
-Serpent ;117; Lvl. 42​

Yup, I'm a dragon fan. Can't wait 'till I can get my hands on more of 'em.

Orepheus

^^^
I love how your Espeon is named Lunar as opposed to Solar which is more like it actually is.

I gave up on my current team that I was using to try and defeat the Battle Frontier and started haching/hunting for pokemon for my new frontier team. Right now I am leveling a Vibrava that I hatched as an adamant Trapinch but I'm not sure what my other two pokemon will be other than that I need a special sweeper and a wall...

diamond trainer

I fought and beat erika in celadon city, it was a real easy battle pretty much used arcanine and pidgeot . there isnt much else to do in celadon, so im heading to cerulean city. My team is bottom sig.

ForteAnly

My recent happenings

-Arrived to Mahogany Town
-Battled trainers on my way to Lake of Rage
-Arrived at Lake of Rage ready to capture that shiny Gyarados.
-Will reset for a Adamant Gyarados with decent IV's.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Just beat Archie.My current team is:
-;158;-Infection-lvl 40
-;020;-Plague-lvl 40
-;037;-Rabies-lvl 40...still waiting for a call from that dumb*** school kid Alan

HM slaves:Rattata,Kenya[free bird] and the Red Gyarados

Aurath8

Abused Chuck remacthes and Got Crobat to lvl 72 and Espeon to lvl 71.
I also got another exp. share from daily drawing corner. :)
Now wating for bugsy so I can abuse his rematches and levelup Typhlosion and Mamoswine and anyone else I happen to catch.

joeyshmoey

something weird just happened on my game. i recently got the tyrouge from the karate king, and evolved into hitmonchan, then started breeding it with ditto so i could get the other two. after a while i thought it would be cool to have a shedinja that knew bug buzz. i had a female scyther i had bred earlier that knew bug buzz, so i thought i'd breed it with the ditto to get a male. now, when i put the hitmonchan in the daycare, it knew vaccum wave. later when i got the egg with scyther, it knew vaccum wave!

Status
Not open for further replies.