• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas013

Pirate King
ive trained staraptor to lvl52, haunter to lvl50, and gyarados to lvl50. and i battled all the trainers but red. i still hav my master ball. im going 2 use it 4 mewtwo. i found out haunter cant learn focus blast, but gengar can. i already have the tm. once it evolves and i teach it focus blast im going 2 tackle the battle frontier again

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After waking up in New Bark Town again, I quickly headed on over to Professor Elm's lab to talk to him. He told me stuff about the Kanto region and he gave me the S.S. Ticket to ride the S.S. Aqua ship in the Olivine City port. I flew to Olivine City straight away but met Professor Oak there. He talked to me and upgraded my Pokedex into a National Dex and I was able to board the ship to Vermilion City. I went to my cabin and swapped Pokemon in the PC, and then went to battle against the trainers on board the ship. I battled all the trainers on the first floor, then I headed to the second floor and defeated all of those. I then had to find a lost little girl on the ship, and finally located her with the ship's captain. I played with her and then managed to get off the ship. I saved at Vermilion Harbor.

Cruisin'

I beat the elite four!

Team was like this-

Feraligatr (Lax) - lv 45 Ice fang, Avalanche, Hydro cannon, Shadow Claw
Espeon (Modest) - lv 41 Psybeam, Hidden power, Reflect, Hyper Beam
Ampharos (Modest) - lv 40 Thunder, Discharge, Charge, Thunder Wave
Dragonair (Hasty) - lv 40 Dragon Rage, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush, Extreme speed
Scyther (Jolly)- lv 40 Aeriel Ace, U-turn, Roost, Double team

- Will was kinda tough surprisingly, only cuz my ampharos ( who i sent out first to one shot xatu) got paralyzed, so i couldn't easily one shot his xatus and slowbro. Scyther and Feraligtr ( who has shadow claw) took out his team.

- Koga was super easy. My espeon destroyed all of his Pokemon with ease. Psybeam!!!!

- Bruno was beaten almost as easily as Koga. Espeon kicked ***. Scyther almost took out hitmontop, but his counter killed him. Feraligator with his awesome Def. took out Onix.

-Karen was kinda tough, but not really. Took me a long time to kill her damn Umbreon. It was stupid. I used Ampharos at first, then finally killed it with Scythers u turn. Ampharos took out Murkrow, Espeon killed Gengar, Feraligatr one shotted Houndoom with Hydro Cannon, and stomped Vileplume with Ice Fang.

_-Lance was a beast as always. I actually had to use some Max revives during the fight, which i hate to do, cuz it;s kinda unfiar. I don't even use healing potions unless they do first. I beat everyone on my first try, excpet for lance. On the third try i got him.

I trained a modest Ampharos just for Lances Gyarados. His thunder one shots him.
His Lv 50 dragonite was one shotted by my dragonair with a critical hit dragon rush. Very cool. Then the other dragonites were beatn by feraligtrs ice moves. Ampharos took out areodacytl, and feraligtr took out charizard. Scyther is useless against lance. Espeon tried, but those damn dragonites have such awesome Sp. Def.

Woo, a sigh of Relief.

I am know breeding houndoors ( that i caught in the safari zone) until i get one with a nature that i like. Then i will head to Kanto and conquer it. I'm gonna get the Kanto badges in order, which is something I've never done before.

Still want a Scizor ( My favorite!!!!!), but I'm gonna have to buy a wifi adapter for that. Damn Tea Works's wifi connection was not compatible with the Nintendo Ds...Lame

Kylesico912

First time actually posting on this kinda thread so lets get started from where I am.

- Just finished off Team rocket.
- Gotten Celebi from the event at Gamestop.
- Treasure hunted in Ilex forest.
- Kicked Giovani's but to where I move onto Ice Cave.
- Went on route 34 beforehand and found a Shiny Drowzee.
- Traded it for a level 34 Vulpix (Bad Barganing on my part.)
- Explored Ice cave obtained all Items and made it to the end to help a Kimono Girl.
- Got ready for Blackthorn city gymbattle.
Save.

Team:
Javier (Fearow) Lv: 33
Lassie (Lapras) Lv: 35
Florance (Meganium) Lv:36
Psystar (Staryu) Lv:35
Vulpix Lv: 34
Elizabeth (Nidorina) Lv: 34

Celebi Lv:50 (For future gymbattle)

Last edited:

Darkmega354

Last night's events:

I travelled the short distance from Cinnabar Island to the Seafom Islands once more. This time, I actually went to Blaine's gym. After defeating all of his gym trainers and getting my Espeon some experience, I went back to Cinnabar to heal once more before I challenged Blaine himself. My Feraligatr and Tyranitar took care of his team with relative ease, although the pesky Sunny Day made Feraligatr's attacks weaker. I returned to Cinnabar one final time to talk to Blue. He said to come to his gym in Viridian, so I went there. I battled a trainer in the Battle Club before checking out Blue's gym. I ended standing with my Feraligatr right outside the Gym, with the game at exactly 84 hours.

And honestly, the Gym would have been much more intimidating if it had just been Blue, with no trainers or anything.

My team:
;160; Feraligatr, Lv. 56
;022; Fearow, Lv. 55
;181; Ampharos, Lv. 57
;196; Espeon, Lv. 54
;126; Magmar, Lv. 55
;248; Tyranitar, Lv. 56

Spirit-Halo

Soul Silver fanatic
Hmm, let's see...

I've...beaten the Elite Four for the...4th-5th time? Trying to level up the Pokémon I want to use for my team (Wingull was the most recent, along with Vibrava). Been fighting the Gym leaders to get EXP and money for restore items when taking on the Elite Four.

Oh! And got lucky with punting Red off his popsicle stick of a mountain :p QUEEN OF MOUNT SILVER, SONN~

Dragon Eagle

Night Raptor
Got Celebi from Gamestop, activated the Ilex Forest Shrine event. Pretty awesome, I might add. Sad to see Giovanni's low level four pokemon team though.

Re-battling Clair as much as I can before midnight. Trying to get my Milotic (the best Pokemon I have) to level 80 (at 75 now). I don't think there are many Pokemon that can defeat it except those that have OHKO's, and equally leveled Electric or Grass types.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
March 04, 2011

Excerpt from Pokemon Trainer Justin's Journal:

Aw shoot.

Well, it looks like it's back to square one for me. Every single Battle Frontier Facility that I had piled up wins in took me down.

I lost both my Multi-Battle streaks and my singles streak at the Battle Tower, and I lost at the Battle Hall.

Boy. I need 64 BP for Ice Punch, 64 BP for Energy Ball, and I only have 45 BP. The Multi Battle Tag Team with Josh was supposed to get me my first 64, but I guess I wasn't strong enough. Or maybe my choice of Pokemon to enter wasn't really good. @___@ But anyways, I'm back at square one.

I've trained up my party a little bit; most of them gained at least a level or two. I'll probably spar with the Elite Four a couple more times, and then I'll head off and finish the Kanto League Gym Challenge. I wanted to get Chopper (Feraligatr) Ice Punch before I did that, but I don't know anymore. It seems like I'll be at this for a long time if I wait it out. But we'll see.

Team SCARECROW
Ani160OD.png

Chopper, M lv. 54
Ani162OD.png

Cheshire, F lv. 51
Ani330OD.png

Toothless, F lv. 53
Ani473OD.png

Sniffles, M lv. 53
Ani107OD.png

Scraps, M lv. 52
Ani429OD.png

Clarisse, F lv. 54

diamond trainer

Just recently beat the frontier brain for the battle factory, and received the silver print. have to say if it wasn't for glyscor, and empolyon i probably wouldn't have made it that far. Next im aiming for the battle arcade.

I just got a blue screen that said that my game was corrupted and would be erased due to damage.....
110 hours down the drain, as for all my Pokemon, with all the event-exclusives.
I nearly completed the Pokedex...492..only needed Celebi, which I have now on Diamond.

Drummerdude

I defeated the Elite 4. My team consisted of

Ambipom
Banette
Octillery
Carnivine
Aerodactyl
Hitmonchan

Hitmonchan was the Pokemon that did the best in the Elite 4 which is funny since I was hoping for Hitmontop/Hitmonlee. There weren't any Pokemon who were bad like the last time (Jynx) and they all did their part. I am going to trade all of them over to my Soulsilver game and then restart in hopes of getting a second shiny starter.

pkmnlover25

Wow...I just sweeped red with palkia and dialga.

Cruisin'

I just got a blue screen that said that my game was corrupted and would be erased due to damage.....
I nearly completed the Pokedex...492..only needed Celebi, which I have now on Diamond.

daaaamn. That sucks bro.

The other day i was worried that happened to me. I was playing with the red low battery life on, for only like ten minutes( surprised at how quickly it dies after red light comes on). Anyway i start to save the game, and the DS dies. I was freakin out. Did my data get corrupted because the power switched off in the middle of the save??!!

Luckily it didn't. Guess it died just before it began to save.

Anyway I'm in Kanto now. Gonna go save the power plant before facing any gyms, so i can start with Brock and beat the Kanto gyms in order.

My Modest Houndour (Blitz) who "Likes to Run" evolved into Houndoom. They sure have some pathetic defense. But with his modest nature, and his decent speed, his attacks will pack a major punch, so his low defense ain't no big deal.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I had tons of fun just running around Vermilion City when I arrived. I went to the Pokemon Fan Club first and got myself a Rare Candy there. I also went to the Pokemon Center to heal and then the Poke Mart to shop for items. I then finished up those smaller tasks and headed to the Vermilion City Gym. I walked inside and battled the few Gym trainers there. I then managed to solve the electric trap puzzle and I got to face Lt. Surge in battle. His Electric-type Pokemon weren't too tough, but his Electabuzz did give me a hard time. I eventually took it down with Quagsire's Earthquake, but it took a while. After that first Kanto Gym battle, I got the Thunder badge and a TM from Surge. I then healed at the Pokemon Center and saved before heading north to Saffron City.

Kingudora

My favourite
Right now I'm banging my head bloody in Goldenrod because of the GTS. I try to trade a Stantler for a Paras so I can evolve my Seadra.

But when I'm about choose "Trade" I get a communication error. Why can't you be at the GTS longer than circa a minute? I will later go to the Wi-fi plaza which works just fine compared to the GTS.

And after that I will go to the Battle Tower with my team consisting of Scizor, Mamoswine and Tyranitar.

Kylesico912

-I finally finish training my team to 36-38 before the gymbattle.
-I grab Celebi from the box and entered the gym plowing through the small group of trainers there.
-I beat Clair but her Gyarados gave me some problems. Otherwise Lassie and Celebi wiped out her entire team.
-Afterwords the jerk sent me to the dragon's den when I answered all questions correctly.
-I came back and obtained a Dratini now named Ryuu after getting my badge from Clair. She defenatly owed me a TM and she gave it to me ;148; :) .
-Currently Training Ryuu as I want her to take the place of Javier.
save

Current Team
Ryuu (Dratini) Lvl:21
Elizabeth (Nidorina) Lvl:36
Vulpix Lvl:37
Lassie (Lapras) Lvl:38
Florance (Meganium) Lvl: 39
Psystar (Staryu) Lvl: 37

Last edited:

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
SoulSilver Journey Post 100-The End of My Journey

This is it. The very last SoulSilver Journey Post. I might come back and post After Journey Posts like with Platinum. What I did for this last post is started out by challenging the Elite Four and Champion for the last time. Then I deleted the HMs off the Pokemon that I plan to send to Gen. V. The last thing I did was climb Mt. Silver and challnge Red and watch the credits roll for the final time in this game. And now that this journey is done, I can say that I really enjoyed it. Everything I did in the game was very fun and memorable. To end this post, I'm going to review every member of my team (this is something I plan to do everytime I end a journey). I'm going to miss posting this particular journey.

Here it is:

SoulSilver Journey Team Review

;154; Leif Lv. 100 Miracle Seed
-Earthquake -Rock Climb -Seed Bomb -Energy Ball

I had my doubts about choosing Chikorita. Chikorita is at a disadvantage type wise compared to the other two starters. But I don't regret choosing it at all. I liked the bit of challenge that it provided and Chikorita is my favorite starter out of the three Johto ones. And having him learn Rock Climb was easy on me since I didn't need an HM Slave to get to Red (which was the plan). Leif did prove to be way useful and, once again, I don't regret chossing Chikorita.

;181; Voltage Lv. 100 Shell Bell
-Signal Beam -Thunderbolt -Discharge -Thunder Wave

Catching a Mareep was probably one of the best things for me to do in this game. It's so useful. I didn't have a problem paralyzing things and I never had a problem KOing things. It is unoriginal since just about everyone used an Ampharos. But it's that good in-game. And Voltage did just as well in Kanto. Great choice to use one, as I said before.

;196; Kinetic Lv. 100 Wise Glasses
-Psychic -Shadow Ball -Hidden Power -Signal Beam

Another useful Pokemon. Evolving Eevee was a pain. But it was worth it. The type coverage that he had was amazing. And Kinetic turned out to be my ace against Lance thanks to having an Ice type Hidden Power. And Espeon is my favorite Eevee evolution which helps. Even in Kanto, Kinetic was used a lot. I'd like to say he was my most versatile Pokemon in this game.

;212; Amalgam Lv. 100 Muscle Band
-U-turn -Iron Head -Brick Break -Night Slash

Getting an Adamant Scyther was a freaking pain. I had to reset so many times and had to wander around the National Park during the Bug-Catching Contest until one showed up. So I settled after a Jolly one. Amalgam was really helpful anyways once he evolved. With only one weakness as a Scizor, I had to evolve him before the sixth Gym. Overall I'm happy I used a Scizor.

;248; Gojira Lv. 64 Choice Scarf
-Stone Edge -Earthquake -Crunch -Rock Slide

Ah yes. Gojira. I planned to catch an Adamant Larvitar, but I settled for a Jolly nature. And after that I EV trained him in Platinum and got him to evolve all the way. Gojira didn't see much use before the Elite Four being so high levelled compared to everyone else. He was my last resort against Lance after his Dragonite just about swept me. Gojira truly shined in Kanto and against Red with that x4 weakness on his Charizard. To bad I retired Gojira after that.

;227; Cybuster Lv. 64
-Steel Wing -Fly -Slash -Night Slash

I remember Skarmory. The moment I caught him, I grinded all the way on Route 45 and in the Ice Cave. Cybuster was a great wall for physical attacks and his damage output wasn't that bad. I intended to use him to Fly around, but I never got to that. Instead I travelled around which has become a habit of mine. Like Gojira, I retired him after I beat Red. I did use these two for the Pokeathlon where they shined in a different way other than battling.

;006; Byrne Lv. 100 Life Orb
-Fire Blast -Hidden Power -Brick Break -Roost

Charizard, in my opinion, is a good Pokemon in game. Though I did get one with Hidden Power Grass which proved to be really useful. Byrne did prove to be useful during the Gym Leader rematches and it was fun to do a few Charizard mirror matches with Claire, Lance, and Red. Although Charmander came late, it wasn't that bad. One reason why I picked him was because Charmander is my favorite Kanto starter. And I'm pleased with how well he did.

;260; Axol Lv. 100 Leftovers
-Earthquake -Surf -Ice Beam -Stealth Rock

Of course I saved my favorite Pokemon for last. Axol was very helpful. Stealth Rock in-game might sound odd, but it was actually really good. And Swampert took hits like a champ. Obviously my most sturdiest Pokemon. It did help that I EV trained him in Platinum. The type coverage that Axol had was good and having him with both physical and special attacks meant I didn't have trouble when battling with him. To end it, I'll just say something that fits. Sooo I herd u liek Mudkipz?

Dj-sprat

Pokemon Trainer

Thats sucks! unlucky mate.

That reminds me of the 1st gen days of Red and Blue. I had Red and Blue and my friend had Blue. We played them like mad and my Friend and his brother was on a mission to gett all 150 so I occaisonally caught the Red exclusives to trade to them with the trade cable (Ha olden day technology lol ;) ) and My friend and his brother had 149 and I planned to trade him Electrabuzz from my Red as it was the last pokemon he they needed and when we put the Trade Cable in out Gameboys and turned on out games and it got to the main menu on my friends game and it said data was corrupted my friends was absolutly gutter and all I could do was laugh but I did feel sorry for him as it took him ages so I started again with him.

Back on topic.

Just traded a ditto and Electivire to my White with a little help from a mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.