• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.

Yoran

After beating the Elite 4 and Lance, I woke up in my house again. I went to Prof. Elm and received the SS Aqua. Flew to Olivine and went on the boat to Kanto.
In Kanto after beating Lt. Surge, I went to Saffron to beat Sabrina (what was much easier than Lt. Surge). I visited Silph co., but they were out of energy so I went to Celadon were I went to the Department Store. Now I'm training my Pidgeot for Erica.

Aurath8

I'm planning to restart my HG in Summer.
Why? If you can say you want some Nostalgia even when you played you first pokemon game 8 months ago, then that's my reason. i feel that my HG team wasn't the best it could be. I missed out on Heracross because of lack of knowledge and I didn't get Gyarados because of bad judgement.
I also still want to try some pokemon that I couldn't last time like Feraligatr and Arcanine and Magnezone as well as cool pokemon I discovered are usable like Donphan and Togekiss. I also finally found how to find Heracross turns out that each individual tree has its own encounter rate, meaning I was simply Headbutting the wrong tree for three hours.
Either way I hope that because of the high amount of diversity in my team and pokemon I could'nt use before will make this a more enjoyable playthrough.
See you guys this July!

Cruisin'

Just took out the six-pack of trainers north of Cerulean, fighting this super nerd with his porygon now, and then i will interrupt Mists date, then stomp her and her gym trainers with my ampharos "Ace". Beating the Kanto gyms in order is much better for the feel and flow of the game. Feels like I'm walking Reds path while on my way to finally face him.

Team is like this:

-Lamashtu ( Feraligatr) LV 48
-Eneru ( Dragonair ) LV 45
-Doom ( Houndoom ) LV 45
-Ace ( Ampharos ) LV 45
-Aeon ( Espeon ) LV 46
-Roronoa ( Scyther ) LV 45

As you may be able to tell, I'm a fan of Final Fantasy X and One Piece, lol.

I'm planning to restart my HG in Summer.
Why? If you can say you want some Nostalgia even when you played you first pokemon game 8 months ago, then that's my reason. i feel that my HG team wasn't the best it could be. I missed out on Heracross because of lack of knowledge and I didn't get Gyarados because of bad judgement.
I also still want to try some pokemon that I couldn't last time like Feraligatr and Arcanine and Magnezone as well as cool pokemon I discovered are usable like Donphan and Togekiss. I also finally found how to find Heracross turns out that each individual tree has its own encounter rate, meaning I was simply Headbutting the wrong tree for three hours.
Either way I hope that because of the high amount of diversity in my team and pokemon I could'nt use before will make this a more enjoyable playthrough.
See you guys this July!

Re-starting the game is always fun. I did this with my old SS version.

I'd prefer to just get the other version, and not waist all the time and effort i put in to my current game, which is what i will do when i feel like playing through the game with a whole new party again.

Last edited:
I just defeated Champion Lance! It was quite a landslide victory, with my Level 43 Feraligatr, Level 41 Dragonair, Level 41 Weezing, Level 43 Arcanine, Level 44 Espeon, and Level 42 Donphan, it was very hard and came down to Dragonair VS Charizard. I had to revive Feraligatr so I could ensure victory. I have now decided to use a new team for the Kanto half - Crobat, Electrode, Shiny Gyarados, Parasect, Sandslash, and Sudowoodo. I will be rotating my team to do so.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After having defeated Lt. Surge in Vermilion City's Gym, I went north to the next town - Saffron City. I passed along a short route, but had to face many trainers along the way. I gained experience, then entered through the gate and finally arrived in Saffron City. I healed and then ran to the Gym to challenge it. I encountered tons of powerful Psychic-type Pokemon as I battled against the Gym trainers, but I managed to get to Sabrina's room easily after those battle. I challenge her and used Quagsire against her Mr. Mime, and then Feraligatr against her Alakazam. Its Crunch attack came in handy, so I defeated it easily. I then switched to Ampharos and used it against Espeon. After those battles, I got the Marsh badge from Sabrina and a TM and then saved.

Cruisin'

Just beat Erica and went down cycling road. About to beat Janine. Decided to ditch Houndoom and Scyther for now.

Stobor

HGSS Explore Leader
Got an egg this morning from the day-care, preparing to battle morty. Got to almost every Jhoto city with only 3 badges!

Stobor

HGSS Explore Leader
I just defeated Champion Lance! It was quite a landslide victory, with my Level 43 Feraligatr, Level 41 Dragonair, Level 41 Weezing, Level 43 Arcanine, Level 44 Espeon, and Level 42 Donphan, it was very hard and came down to Dragonair VS Charizard. I had to revive Feraligatr so I could ensure victory. I have now decided to use a new team for the Kanto half - Crobat, Electrode, Shiny Gyarados, Parasect, Sandslash, and Sudowoodo. I will be rotating my team to do so.
That's lucky, as all of your pokemon should be at least lv.50 for a good chance of beating lance.

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
I got my Celebi the other day. I will probably do the event for it sometime in the next few days.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
March 07, 2011

Excerpt taken from Pokemon Trainer Justin's Journal:

Whew. Kind of an exhausting day.

I traveled down Cycling Road, battling everyone on it. Cheshire (Furret) got the bnulk of the experience here.

Then we got to Fuschia City. I did a bit of exploring, then decided it was time to challenge the Gym Leader. I have four Pokemon with attacks that aren't very kind to Poison types, so I figured I was ready.

I was ready. Chopper (Feraligatr) took down most of the Pokemon without even using Earthquake. He basically took down the entire Gym all by himself; no Pokemon Center stops. Janine was difficult enough that I had to switch out Cheshire (Furret) though, but just for one of her Pokemon. Then Chopper (Feraligatr) was back out and he wiped the floor.

Hahaha. So now I'm at twelve badges. Yeeaaahh... Just four more to go!

I flew back to Johto though, went on a couple of errands. It was pretty late by the time I finished, so I flew over to Olivine and took the S.S. Aqua. And now I'm about to hit the hay. Good night!

Team SCARECROW
Ani160OD.png

Chopper, M lv. 57
Ani162OD.png

Cheshire, F lv. 55
Ani330OD.png

Toothless, F lv. 55
Ani473OD.png

Sniffles, M lv. 55
Ani107OD.png

Scraps, M lv. 55
Ani429OD.png

Clarisse, F lv. 55

Cruisin'

Just beat Blue and got the HM Rock Climb. Re-explored Johto on my way to the Dragons Den where I did that double battle with my rival. I am now traveling throuhg Kanto again, using Rock Climb where i can.

Currently am trying to catch Zapdos. I managed to catch Suicune with a pokeball, very cool. Only took me one ultra ball to get Articuno ( after a few failed attempts of course, but on third try it only took one ultra ball). I'll go get Mewtwo next, then Moltres at Mt. Silver. After this Legendary catching quest I'm on, I will begin training my 4 pokemon team for my second fight against the elite four at Mt. Silver.

Feralgitr
Espeon
Amphros
Dragonite

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I bought some items in Saffron City's Poke Mart, then I went east to Celadon City to challenge the Gym there. I stopped along the tall grass in the route between the two cities to search for some rare Pokemon first. It was night, so I searched for Murkrow and Houndour. I found a Murkrow quickly and captured that in a Dusk Ball, but I didn't find a Houndour until 20 minutes later for some reason. I captured that and then I arrived in Celadon City. I swapped Pokemon around at the Pokemon Center and then explored the town a little bit. I shopped at the Department Store and then I left to the Gym. I cut down the tree near the Gym and entered it. I had to carefully navigate through all the puzzles and trainers inside the Gym. But battling the Gym trainers gave me tons of experience, so I wasn't too upset about that. I saved before challenging Erika.

MetaPheonixPal

Haven't posted here in a while.
Recently I downloaded Celebi from Gamestop onto my 4 games, 2 of which being SoulSilver and Heartgold.

HeartGold: So with Red having been defeated for a while and school preventing me from playing the game, I stopped playing it. Once I saw that the B/W was getting really close I decided why not do something for the end of 4th generation. My cousin and I decided to EV train our first teams to face them off against each other for one final battle. I spent a weekend or two working on it and it's not the best because I am not into competitive online battles that much, though the team turned out pretty good. We had two battles since he wanted a rematch. The first battle was pretty quick, once I put one of his Pokemon to sleep and switched to Gyarados to dragon dance a few times, the game was pretty much over as it destroyed everything. The second was pretty interesting and fun. I uploaded it to the GTS, here is the number if anyone is interested: 14-81672-66780

SoulSilver: Not a whole lot of progress but I do plan on spending part of Spring Break to at least make it to the Pokemon League. I am currently training to beat Chuck. I did catch a Krabby to add to my team because I've always wanted to use one.

Team:
Joe the Bayleef Lv. 29
Hercules the Heracross Lv. 29
Dracula the Crobat Lv. 29
Krabby the Krabby Lv. 26 (need to nickname)
Eevee the Eevee Lv. 29 (Also need to nickname and need it to evolve)

And that is about it for HG and SS. I don't know how much I am going to be playing both of them since I am currently playing White and that is taking up most of my time. I don't know what I will be doing with Heartgold now that most of the stuff has been completed, I may go after the rest of the legendaries and work on the Pokedex. As for SoulSilver, next time I play I hope to make it all the way to the Pokemon League.

wearjo

Pokemon Trader
Ok this is like the only post im gunna do for this but here goes:

I GOT A MODEST NATURED RAYQUAZA WITHOUT SOFT RESETTING ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bushie

just got traded a lvl 100 SHAYMIN yeah!!

bushie

HG progress

playing HG just got a lvl100 arceus OH YEAH BABY;492-s;

Status
Not open for further replies.