• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKenta

I went to Whirl Islands and caught Lugia, after 4 or 5 turns with just one Dusk Ball. My Lugia has a 31 HP and 28 Defense IVs, so it's not that bad.
I replaced my underleved Golbat with Lugia and went to Tohjo Falls.
Now I just entered Victory Road, and I'll probably catch a Ursaring.

WAM

Just started HG Friday and just beat Whitney. Right now I have:LV 33 Feraligatr,LV 11 Mareep,LV 10 Togepi. Eh I'm kinda not liking my Feraligatr's moveset it has: Ice Fang (WIN),Crunch (WIN),Cut (FAIL),Rock Tomb (FAIL).

Xylon Uxkid

Nothing wow so far. Got the game a few hours ago, so Im still in the beginning(just beat the first gym). My favorite thing till now is the new music and the new details in town, like the spinning Market sign and the pond in Violet City.

Vuro

Arting Wanderist
I started Soul Silver a couple days ago, and it's going even smoother than my original Crystal playthrough. :3 My Cyndaquil back in the day usually wouldn't evolve into Quilava until I beat the Boss-Elder in Sprout Tower, but this time around, he reached Lv. 14 before I even entered Sprout Tower. ._.

Anyhow, I only have two Pokemon on my team at the moment (excluding Paras the HM slave and Lance the Togepi). Of course, my Quilava, Sotsu, and Razia the Flaafy, both at Lv. 23. I'm currently training around Goldenrod to beat Whitney, as I remember her Miltank being no pushover in the days of G/S/C.

aiichu

Kris. <3
I've got my sixteen badges already. Yeah, it didn't take me too long, I guess. My main Pokemon are Umbreon, Ampharos, and Lapras, which are perfect, since they're my three favorite Pokemon. I'm currently looking for places to train so I can beat the stronger Elite Four and, eventually, beat Red. I got around to his fourth Pokemon with only my level 74 Umbreon remaining, but that's all.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Hey guys! Guess who's been playing Heart Gold over the weekend? And who's been recording my thoughts about it all that time(in a bullet-point form rarely seen outside of my anime episode commentaries)? Their raw, unedited conent will be pasted here as I feel like slogging through the forums to post them.

-For reasons unbeknownst to mankind, I have acquired Pokemon Heart Gold. In a language I cannot read. Exciting adventures await! I haven't read a whole lot of the info from the past few days(aside from front-page level news), so expect me to be more surprised at certain things than I should be.
-The intro credits are already supplying the appropriate "dun...dun...DUN"s.
-Why hi 3D Ho-oh. And silly revamped GSC characters. And...are those DISTINCT TR ADMINS? Well I'll be. (Team Galactic is still better)
-Now this is some pumped-up title screen stuff! The camera angle of Ho-oh even moves around!
-Oh right, Ho-oh has the same lousy garbly cry it's had since 2001 or whenever the hell GS first came out.
-Moon speak menus? When in doubt, pick the option with the exclaimation point.
-Priority 1:Find the "fast" text speed option once I'm allowed to delve into menus.
-For some reason you can only touch the corner of the touch screen to advance text, since of you being able to poke it ANYWHERE. Well, I'm not going to question it since I use the actual buttons for my dialog-advancement anyway.
-Whoa! Oak changed his clothes for the first time in 307 years!
-Why yes, that IS a Pokemon. Why isn't there an option to skip this stupid crap by now? I'VE SEEN IT ENOUGH SINCE RBY.
-I'm going to be a boy, because HGSS Chick looks weird. And she has terrible taste in hats.
-My name will be Jupu(in english letters, thank you!) so I can tell when people are talking about me.
-And now to BEGIN THE GAME.
-In the same old room you see twice in the entire game.
-I must be blind, for I cannot seem to find the "change text speed" menu in this touch screen menu. And there is no menu that pops up for any of the buttons.
-Hello...touch screen mailbox?
-Apparently you can use the A-analogue on the touch screen as a substitute for pressing A in *any* situation. I'm not sure why you'd want to do this, but you can.
-Mom decides to give me the gift of MENUS.
-Good to see we still have some saves that take FOREVER. Okay, this is only the FIRST save, but I do hate how this gen of games decided to make random saves take a minute longer just because you did something or other.

-Having returned to the game after stopping RIGHT WHEN I GOT THE ABILITY TO USE MENUS(hey, I wanted to get in my 3 minutes of Heart Gold before I had to run off somewhere, okay?)...ooh, the title screen menu is also touch-screen now. Kinda pointless since it starts on the option you usually want to pick, but whatever. Let's continue, eh? When we left off I...had just gotten menus! Yay! Now I have a BAG and a TRAINER CARD and a SAVE OPTION...and an OPTIONS MENU! Horray for fast text, the "set" battle style, and turning battle animations off! And customized text box borders. A few recycled ones(or ones that are basically recycled even though they're SLIGHTLY different), a few shiny new ones. I went with option 20, a nice patterned blue border.
-You can sign your trainer card right from the trainer card screen now. Makes sense.
-Time to leave the house...and a Marril runs into me, giving Female MC an excuse to show up, but not talk to me. Whatever.
-The rival still shoves you away when you first talk to him. Yay!
-Hi lamest Pokemon Professor. Gimme my Pokemon so I can stop remembering you exist. PS:Your lab music sucks.
-I shall go with...TOTODILE! Its evo line rocks and it gives me an excuse to ignore Johto's pathetic excuses for water types. Totodile shall be named Liver, because I have suddenly decided to name the members of my team after bodily organs.
-And now I have a small crocodile following me. Wonderful. Now nobody will dare rob me as I go about my journeys!
-Elm? Seriously, shut up. SHUT UP. I just want to go out and kill things with my mini-crocodile, and your Japanese blabbering is holding me up.
-Liver's mood is:"..." Makes sense, I just stole it away from the only life it had known until now.
-Hey, there's an actual button to swap around skill order! Too bad the touch screen battle commands make the order of your attack list a non-issue.
-One of the aides gave me 5 potions before I left. Man, remember when you actually had to remember to look in your item box & talk to a guy representing the Pokemart to get your free start-of-the-game potions? Of course, there's not an item box anymore, is there? (they really should put that back in. Hell knows I don't need half the stuff in my medicine and main item pockets at any given time.)
-Hello Soul/Kotosomething/whatever. I see you are deigning to talk to me now that I have a Pokemon...oh, I apparently am supposed to know you? Whatever. At least you didn't drag me into a battle tutorial or capture tutorial or anything like that.
-Time to leave this dump...oh, what is it, lady? Do I have to tell Mommy I'm leaving? Fine. She had better have running shoes or something waiting for me.
-Pokegear. Pokegear is acceptable, although I swear you got it earlier in the original GSC.
-I CAN GIVE MY POKEGEAR A TEAM ROCKET SKIN. THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER. (other options include:The colors that the other gender player defaults to, some fancy design with a golden outline of a Pokeball surrounded by stars, a very Japanese looking skin, and some generic white/blue thing. All of them change the way the clock font looks as well as the various background colors. I wasn't expecting ANY option to change the Pokegear's colors, so...this is FANTASTIC news! Now I can be a girl in English HGSS without worrying about PINK POKEGEAR FOREVER.)
-Let's try leaving town again, with my criminal organization branded Pokegear in tow...ELM. SHUT UP. LET ME GO. Oh he...did...something? I dunno, I wasn't really paying attention, but I heard fanfare...ohhhh, he gave me his phone number. Riiiiight.
-Goddamn this game has the ugliest tall grass I've ever seen. Sure, it's more realistic in some ways, but damn is it UGLY.
-OH MAN WILD POKEMON BATTLE. AGAINST:SENTRET! Its new sprite receives an "E" for "Eh".
-I am loving the aesthetics of the various battle screen elements. They're so...sleek.
-Pidgey. Not even the HGSS remakes can make Johto not terribly watered down by too much Kanto. Also its new sprite is kinda blah. I think they gave it too fat of a head. And its pose is the opposite of interesting. Yes, I will be critiqueing most of the new sprites like this. Until I get bored with it, anyway.
-I sorely want the running shoes already. Or the bike. The bike would be nice.
-The berry tree won't let me pick it? What?
-Yawn, Cherrygrove. Old man forcing me to take the tour(I distinctly remember that being optional in GSC!), and...giving me running shoes! Okay, I'll stop whining about you now, old man.
-Jeez, even the yes/no menu for the Pokecenter is on the touch screen.
-All healed up, so let's get out of town...WHAT IS IT NOW, OLD MAN? >( ...I apparently got a phone number from him? Well, okay then!
-Yeah, I'm basically never going to toggle the running shoes off. Ever. Not sure what the point of them is now that you could go that speed ALL THE TIME without any effort, but heeeeey.
-Another potion just lying on the ground. It's not in a spot where there was a potion in GSC, either.
-Apparently the guy who USED to just give you a Berry in GSC now gives you whatever you need to pick berry trees...oh, these are APRICORNS, aren't they? Huh. Didn't expect to see any this early.
-The kids blocking the path to Violet at first are now clearly pitting Rattata against Pidgey. Details!
-Rattata looks eh. The early route fodders' new sprites are all looking pretty lame, to be honest.
-Liver is now Lv.6! Hurrah! And...did it learn water gun already? By gum, it did!
-Hoothoot isn't anything special. Strangely I didn't hear a cry from the one I found...or was I just not paying attention? >>
-Liver's Lv.7 already. They level up so quickly when they're young. *sniff*

I had even more written, but I figure that posting too much at once will make you commit suicide. I'll be taking HG at a slow-ish pace anyway, since I do have classes and crap I should be more concerned with right now.

rocky505

Went and tried the bug contest and caught Scyther and somehow came in 3rd place by being beat by a pinsir and a weedle (who got 1st!) I also got a rematch with morty and I do not like his new Sabeleye and it's fake out Luckily I had my Crobat though.

Heart-Gold

Lone Trainer
Got both on Tuesday and started playing Soul Silver.

Decided to be the female trainer called my trainer Ruby wasn't enough room for the name I wanted (Kotone).

Picked Cyndaquil as my starter and then 5 Minutes in found a shiny Sentret but had no pokeballs to catch it yet (very annoying).

Got Pokedex from Prof Oak and battled Silver I called him Bad (wanted to call him Silver or Dr Evil but not enough room).

Went back to Prof Elm gave him the egg then set off.

Battled a few trainers caught a few pokemon then arrived in Violet City.

Beat the sprout tower my Cyndaquil evolved into a Quilava.

Am currently training my pokemon.

My Current Team:

Quilava lv14
Pidgey lv11

Last edited:

K-B-K

I FINALLY beat Whitney. Just walked through National Park, On my way to Gym No.4.

smartie

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
My game totally crashed! I can't open my save file, just gives a black screen.
And when I restart I can't save, I get some japanese message.

K-B-K

Just talked to Eusine in the Tower after seeing the beasts. I'm gonna be uploading alot of pictures today. =D

aiichu

Kris. <3
I've got my three favorite Pokemon on my team; Lapras, Ampharos, and Umbreon. Now to train them and find the rest of the gym leaders for rematches. I won't fail against Red next time, hopefully.

SilverMorty

won my 2nd Bug Catching contest...still gave out a Sun stone :O (wanted a leaf stone lol)

also got the Good Rod, wanted to get Chinchou before Morty but it seems there are no more Chinchous, Shellders and Staryus in Olivine, so I ended up having to go back all the way to New Bark Town to get my Chinchou. Worth it, got a Volt Absorb one :D

Team at the moment:

-Quilava lv23
-Weepinbell lv24
-Fearow lv23
-Espeon lv21
-Sandshrew lv6 (Cut/RS/Headbutt slave)
-Chinchou lv20

(my team will be really Houndoom weak so Lanturn would really help)

HaruLatz

GUREITO!
A lot has happened since my last update! I got 6 badges and my team now consists of: Lvl 31 Feraligatr, Lvl 31 Espeon, Lvl 32 Pidgeotto, Lvl 32 Ampharos, Lvl 30 Gyarados (for waterfall and whirlpool later), Lvl 6 Rattata (RS, headbutt, cut)! I am now in the Rocket base in Mahogany.

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
My soul silver finally came in

I started with Cyndaquil, one of my favorite starters of all time (other than teh mudkipz.)

I am at Violet city gym,

Cyndaquil lv12
Sentret lv11
Pidgey lv10

And I have another sentret in my pokewalker, and a weedle lv5 in the PC.

I've beat sprout tower, and all gym trainers, just taking a break before fighting falkner.

codemonkey85

Pokémon Hoarder
UPS delivered my copy of HeartGold yesterday. I got to dig into it during some downtime between my full time job and my part time job. Good times!

The first thing I did was progress to the point where I could catch Pokémon. Then I caught a Pidgey and a Rattata, and threw Pidgey into the PokéWalker, which I took with me to my part time job (at a grocery store). That's how I found out that apparently you can only level your Pokémon up once from EXP gained by the 'Walker, until you transfer it to your game again, at which point you can send it back to the 'Walker for another opportunity to level up.

Blarg.

Anyway, that tediousness aside, the game plays brilliantly. I think I'm in love with the soundtrack... it's in my favorite game soundtrack list, right next to Final Fantasy VI, for sure.

At this point, I am at the Pokémon Center just outside of Union Cave. I figure next I'll go catch a Magikarp with my newly acquired Old Rod and either toss it in the 'Walker when Mareep is done in there, or just throw it in the PC and forget about it, holding out for the Red Gyarados.

(Alternatively, I'd like to trade in some Pokémon from my Platinum game that I bred ahead of time just for this game. Can you say "Adamant Dragon Dance / Ice Punch / Waterfall / Aerial Ace Totodile"?)

Current team:

Cyndaquil - level 13
Butterfree - level 12
Gastly - level 11 (I think)
Onix - level 10 (I think)

PokéWalker contains: Mareep

LizzyLiz

Beat Whitney easily... for once. Caught Sudowodoo, shoved him in my box because I don't need him, went to Euretek, kicked ???'s butt hard, released zee hounds, kicked Morty's butt, saved the Kimono girl, got Strength, and encountered Raikou half way through getting to Olivine. Left him be for now due to me having a lack of good Pokeballs. THE LIGHTHOUSE IS AWSOME, Jasmine wanted me to fetch the Secretpotion, healed at the Pokemon center, in which I also battled someone with a Bellosom (with a seal attached to her). Kicked Chuck's butt, played hide and seek with Suicune, kicked Eusine creepy butt, I HAS FLY NOW! Fixed Amphy, kicked Jasmine's butt... and I that is where I have stopped for now.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I started my game yesterday and got all the starters by restarting like 3 times and trading with Platinum. With my starters, I got to the first town last night. I trained a little and caught the Pokemon available on the routes next to it. Today I went to Violet and did the Sprout Tower, caught Pokemon, beat the gym, got/hatched my Togepi, and am currently deciding on leveling up a Geodude for later.

Tytus

Iron Islander
Does anyone know how DPPt hatch/catch locations are handled when traded to HGSS? (Serebii?)

Like say, I hatched my Metagross in "Fuego Ironworks". Will it keep that hatch location or will it say "Faraway place" or "Sinnoh"?

Status
Not open for further replies.