• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamer

Current team: ;157; ;073; ;025; ;143; ;034; ;093;

Got Nidorino up to lv35 and taught it Toxic Spikes, which was my threshold for evolving it. Now got a lovelly Nidoking, which is proving to be a lot easier to train up. Currently at lv38, aiming for low 40s so he's nearly done. Haunter's coming along nicely too. Taught it Dark Pulse from a TM so it can now take down Ursaring, (I'm training in Victory Road).

Aside from the level grinding paid a visit to the trainer house in Viridian for the first time. Typlosion took down the opponents Meganium pretty easy, but Pikachu failed against Feraligator, who got a Dragon Dance in, and it was pretty much down hill from there. Didn't help only Typlosion and Snorlax are over lv50, so that put me at a bit of a disadvantage. Even so, the team will likely need a bit of a revamp before I hit Battle Frontier. Might catch Latios. Had one in my Battle Tower team on Pearl and it was very effective, but I'll worry about that later. Got Gym badges to win first, so its back to Victory Road and level grinding for the time being...

Drummerdude

Crane (like all water and fire types) did amazingly well inside Union's Cave. 'Murica...not so much. Apart from the two hikers I had 'Murica take down the other trainers in the cave and only leveled it up once. It didn't take long to make it out of the cave and onto a ridiculously rainy route. I got through the rain and saw a Team Rocket grunt beat up an old man. I avoided the Rocket Grunt and arrived in Azalea Town. Another old man by the name of Kurt enlisted my help in taking down Team Rocket and off we went. Kurt proved worthless however and left everything up to me. For some reason these Rocket grunts didn't beat me up like they did the old man, instead they just battled me with their weak Rattata's and Zubats's. Even their leader who claimed to be scary and powerful wasn't any match for 'Murica and Dyre. Team Rocket fled and Kurt thanked me. With that little distraction out of the way I could take on the gym......but I decided to train a little in the Ilex Forest. That drive to train was short lived however, why?

Freaking SirPera!

He stopped me and forced me to battle him. 'Murica went out against his Gastly and used Lick which brought it down to half health. SirPera knew this wasn't going he anywhere so he purposely knocked out his Gastly with Curse (Good going SirPera). Dyre was up next against his Zubat and beat it with 2 Embers. Finally Crane was up against Croconaw and used a Leech Seed/Absorb combo to knock Croconaw out once and for all. SirPera once again stormed off and I saw this as a decent opportunity to take a break.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I headed out to the Johto Safari Zone after I caught the Kyogre at the Embedded Tower, and I captured some Pokemon there for my growing collection. I then flew over to Goldenrod City and after I did some trades at the GTS place, I headed north to National Park in order to capture a wild Cherubi. I had to use Headbutt on a tree in order to find one, but it was worth it in the end. I flew out to Cherrygrove City and I Surfed toward a cliff. I climbed it with Rock Climb, and I used Headbutt on a tree in order to find a wild Taillow. I captured two of them and I went over to Olivine City. I went north to Route 39 and I used Rock Climb until I arrived on a ledge overlooking Route 38. I used Headbutt on some trees there until I found the one that contained wild Burmy. I captured a couple of them and I headed back to Goldenrod City to visit the Day Care Center on Route 34. I left some Pokemon there and saved.

Storm Surge

Bird of Jesus
I restarted my Soulsilver cartridge, and am very happy I did so.
Also, this morning the intro glitched out on me.It looked dark and ominous.Hah. Running through Jhoto with a planned team of Meganium, Ninetails(With Nasty Plot <3), Mismagius, and Dragonair/Dragonite.Adding two more in Kanto.
Who thinks this is a good team?I think it has the potential to be great. I started the game and am currently trying for a female Chikorita.

Last edited:

Drummerdude

Dyre destroyed everything in Bugsy's gym, as Quilava's usually do. Once Bugsy was defeated I headed through the Ilex Forest and taught both 'Murica and Crane Headbutt. I made it out onto Route 34 and beat the few trainers before getting to Goldenrod City. I explored the Underground and then got my Radio Card so I could go to the gym. 'Murica defeated all the gym trainers and then I immediately challenged Whitney. 'Murica managed to defeat her Clefairy with 2 Headbutts. I knew I would struggle with Miltank so I swapped to Crane and hit it with a Leech Seed. Then it was an all out attack with Crane and Dyre until that stupid cow finally fell. I got my third badge, grabbed the SquirtBottle and then headed north.

After the second battle on Route 35 'Murica evolved into Snorlax! It's hysterical watching this humongous Pokemon follow around my character. Anyway, I continued north through the National Park and I completely forgot to go to the Pokeathlon, woops. I found a strange tree which , surprise surprise, turned out to be a Sudowoodo. Crane knocked it out and I headed north into Ecruteak City. I immediately headed west and skipped over every trainer and arrived in Olivine City. SirPera mentioned something about training at the Lighthouse even though I'm going to kick his butt fairly soon. I spoke to a random man and received a Good Rod. I ran back to Ecruteak and then through Violet City and onto Route 32. Once there I spent 25 MINUTES fishing until I finally found my fourth team member, a Careful Qwifish which I called Hugh. I returned to Ecruteak and used Hugh to clear out a Rocket Grunt from the Dancing Dojo place and then took a break.

Lorde

I flew back to Olivine City and I went to the Battle Frontier. I battled at the Battle Factory again, but just like last time, I had to quit after a few rounds simply because my Pokemon sucked and I didn't want to waste any more time there. I went back to the Battle Castle with my team consisting of Feraligatr, Raichu and Entei, and I battled until I got to face off against Darach. He used his Staraptor and I used Feraligatr against it. I attacked with Ice Beam, but Staraptor survived the hit. I switched to Raichu and I beat Staraptor with Thunderbolt, then I used my Feraligatr again to battle Darach's Houndoom. I defeated it with Surf, then I battled against Darach's Empoleon. I used my Raichu against it and I attacked with Thunderbolt, but Empoleon survived and attacked with Brick Break. I won that match with another Thunderbolt, and I obtained the silver Castle Print. I saved in the lobby.

Storm Surge

Bird of Jesus
After around 10-15 minutes, I got a female! Named her Spirit for no reason.Talked with my Mom for a bit and walked away, with Pokegear in hand.After I got the running shoes from the Old Man(Gah, I hate him.So boring.), I proceeded to train Spirit a bit. There are no good training places in HGSS, I tell you...Oh, yeah. I'm listening to Break Your Heart for some reason while training and typing this up.Saving and going to train a bit more.I love Chikoritas so much...

Lorde

I put HeartGold version aside and I restarted SoulSilver since I got bored; I'll play the former later on and update on happenings as well. I chose my character after listening to Professor Oak's lecture about the Pokemon world, and I woke up in my bedroom in New Bark Town. I went downstairs and I spoke with my mother before I was allowed to go outside. I saw Lyra and her Marill outside, then I visited her house and I talked to other characters around town. I wandered over to Professor Elm's Pokemon lab afterwards and I was given the task of completing the Pokedex by him. I chose Cyndaquil as my Starter Pokemon, then I headed out again. I arrived on Route 29 after registering Professor Elm's number in my Pokegear, and I battled against wild Pidgey and Sentret as I made my way west to Cherrygrove City. I talked to some NPCs on the way, and I saved before arriving at my destination.

*~Silver*~

On SoulSilver I just went through the Safari Zone and ever-so-randomly caught Cubone, Sandshrew and Sandslash. Along with them I caught what I was after which is the ever-so-amazing Larvitar. xD

Lorde

As soon as I arrived in Cherrygrove City, some old man arrived and he showed me around town. I obtained the Running Shoes from him after the tour, and I went to the Pokemon Center to heal my Cyndaquil. I talked to people around Cherrygrove City, and I headed north after I bought some Potions at the local Poke Mart. Before departing, I was stopped by the old man again and I obtained the Map app for my Pokegear. I wandered into Route 30 afterwards, and I battled some more wild Pokemon on my way to Mr. Pokemon's house. I obtained the Apricorn Box after talking to a man in his house, and I also picked a Green Apricorn. I kept going north after I witnessed a battle between two trainers on the road, and I met Professor Oak after talking to Mr. Pokemon and obtaining the Mystery Egg. I got the Pokedex from Oak, and I saved the game before heading back out to New Bark Town.

Drummerdude

I headed to the Burned Tower and had another battle with SirPera. 'Murica beat his Haunter with Lick, Hugh beat Zubat with Surf, Dyre defeated Magnemite with Ember, and then Crane went through the usual Leech Seed/Absorb combo to win the battle against Croconaw. Once SirPera pouted off again I went downstairs and spotted some Legendary Beasts! Like SirPera, they ran off so I decided to leave it at that and head to the gym. Hugh and 'Murica took out the four gym trainers and after I found my way through the dark room I was able to challenge Morty. Hugh managed to start strong by taking out his Gastly and Haunter with Surf. 'Murica came in and set up Curse until Gengar ran out of Sucker Punches and then 'Murica was able to beat Gengar and his last Haunter with Lick. I got my fourth badge and then headed to Violet City. Just like before I went down through Route 32 and entered into the Union Cave. After going through a new part of the cave I arrived at the Ruins of Alph. There I managed to capture my fifth team member, a Serious Natu (ProfessorX, named from a Natu of my favorite Let's Player's used). Only one problem, Natu has NO moves that do damage. I taught it Shadow Ball and then returned to Ecruteak City.

I went west and battled everyone on my way back to Olivine City. When I got there I climbed to the top of the Lighthouse and battled all the trainers there as well. After the very last battle ProfessorX evolved into Xatu! I spoke with Jasmine and she told me about some super awesome medicine that would heal poor innocent Amphy and she tasked me with going to Cianwood City to get it. Although it was painful, I went through both sea routes and battled all the swimmers along the way which proved helpful for Crane. When I got to Cianwood I got the medicine and then walked north and spotted Suicune. Eusine appeared and challenged me for some reason. Professor X beat his Drowzee and Haunter with Shadow Ball and 'Murica knocked out Electrode. Eusine mentioned something about Suicune and then ran off. With nothing left on this small island I decided to go to the gym. Hugh and ProfessorX took out the four karate guys and then I took a break before challenging Chuck. To anyone curious, my team is Lv27-29 currently.

Lorde

I got a call from Professor Elm on the Pokegear after I left Mr. Pokemon's house. Something happened at his lab, so I had to return as quickly as possible. I headed south after collecting the Mystery Egg and I healed my Cyndaquil at the Cherrygrove City Pokemon Center before heading back out to Route 29. However, before I left town I encountered the passerby boy and I battled against him. He used Totodile and I used Cyndaquil. It was a long battle, but I managed to beat the boy and he left after that. I hurried through Route 29 until I arrived in New Bark Town. I visited Elm's lab and there was a police officer there. He questioned me about the missing Pokemon, then Lyra arrived to back me up. I named the passerby boy after that (Silver), and I gave Elm the Mystery Egg when the chaos had finally settled down. I left the lab after that, and I went home to talk to my mom. Then I saved.

Storm Surge

Bird of Jesus
I stormed through Falkner and Bugsy with Spirit...only to find that my freaking rival, named Typh, challenged me.
It was nothing short of a victory for my overleveled Bayleef.(She evolved! <3) After I got to Goldenrod City, I raced to another route to get a Vulpix. I was thinking 'Great, this'll take freaking forever to find.'.I WAS TOTALLY WRONG.First patch of grass = Vixen the Vulpix.We stormed through the gym after defeating almost every trainer close to the city. To even further boost my luck, when I was JUST about to kill Clefairy, IT USED METRONOME AND GOT EXPLOSION. I hate Metronome now.I hate Clefairy. After that, I renamed Spirit into Spectrum and went to Ecruteak.Then to Olovine, healing the Miltank and leveling up Vixen.One question- how do you get Ball Capsules to put Seals on?I'm confuzzled.

Right about to challenge Typh again with a team of a Vulpix level 27 and a Bayleef level 29.Peace!Updating signature.

Iristle

I make no sense
I finally decided to restart my Soulsilver, which has been sitting in my DS case since I reset over my old file. I suppose I never had the urge to play it till now...
I started as a girl named Hanako in New Bark Town. She was excited to finally be able to get her Pokémon. She'd been over-excited even, and forgot to leave until after dark because she was preparing! Oops! Regardless, she headed to Elms lab and consulted the choices. Totodile stood out to her the most, so she picked him... or her! It turned out that the Totodile was actually female! She named it Kasumi, for the Japanese for mist (Excuse me if I'm wrong. :x) and left. Yet, it seems everyone is on a path to interrupt her, first the aide, then Ethan, then she had to go pick up her Pokégear and then Elm...

Even so, Hanako managed to finally get out to the first route. She first encountered a Sentret which she found adorable but was saddened to have no Pokéballs to catch it. Instead she had to faint it. Perhaps another time she'd have a better chance. Currently she's on her way to pick up whatever item Mr Pokémon was harping on about. It better be worth the trip... Hanako really wants to catch the Sentret already!

Aquarelle

Staff member
I have been playing HeartGold over the past couple of days, mainly doing work on the Pokedex. I spent most of my play time levelling up various Pokemon in order to evolve them. I did a bunch of Gym Leader rematches and took down the Elite Four and Red several times. After that, I Pal Parked some Pokemon over from Emerald. As it stands, I have over 400 Pokemon obtained, with the Kanto portion of the dex fully complete. Most of the Pokemon I have yet to obtain are trade evolutions, some Hoenn Pokemon, and a whole bunch of Sinnoh Pokes. I'll have to do a lot of trading with my Platinum soon.

Drummerdude

This may have been the easiest Chuck has ever been. I started with Hugh and immediately used a Toxic Spikes while Primeape used Double Team. Then Chuck switched to Poliwrath so I sent out Crane and hit it with Leech Seed so it would be poisoned and leech seeded. Once Poliwrath fainted I swapped to ProfessorX and just used Shadow Ball until his poisoned Primeape fainted. I got my 5th badge and then taught a newly obtained Fly to ProfessorX and flew to Olivine City. I went to the top of the Lighthouse, healed Amphy, and then headed toward the gym. But I received a call from Baoba about the Safari Zone opening so I flew to Cianwood and then made my way to the Safari Zone. I accepted Baoba's request and then ran straight past all the Geodude's to check out the other areas. As luck would have it I found the area I was looking for and managed to capture my final team member, a Hasty Rhyhorn (Rhynoplast)! I taught Rhynoplast Dig and Rock Tomb before taking this never been trained Pokemon to the Olivine Gym.

Jasmine started off with Magnemite and I used Rhynoplast. The first Dig did not knock out Magnemite but luckily the second one did. She sent out Steelix next so I swapped to Hugh and used Surf until the beast fainted. Rhynoplast returned to take on her second Magnemite and won with Dig. 6 down, 2 to go! I returned to Ecruteak and then went east to Mahogany Town. Since there is NOTHING to do there I went north towards the Lake of Rage, found a Red Gyarados, killed it, and then met with Lance. We went to a super secret hideout together and I took a break before fully exploring it.

Flamer

Current team: ;157; ;073; ;025; ;143; ;034; ;093;

Finished level grinding, with Nidoking at lv43 and Haunter at lv42, so headed down from Victory Road, through Viridian and up to Pewter City. First time I've visited it in Gen 4. Got a nice wave of nostalgia with the kid mentioning the Magikarp he bought in R/B/Y that's now evolved into a Garaydos. Little moments like that is what made the original Silver so good and its great to get to relive it.

Anyway, went and challenged Brock. Despite being significantly lower leveled that the opponents, (lv43 compared to lv50), Tentacruel was able to sweep through the warm up trainers. Continued to impress against Brock himself, taking out his first 4 Pokemon with a single hit each. Kabutops scared me into switching out though and then proved a little difficult to take down. Haunter came in but was out sped by a Aqua Jet and OHKOed. Snorlax didn't fare much better and was getting a little worried by this stage. Neither Pikachu or Typlosion we're going to be much use, but Nidoking stepped in to save the day. Almost 10 levels lower, but managed to take it down with 2 Earth Powers. Nidoking was pretty hurt by this stage, so decided to bring Tentacruel to buy a bit of time for healing him up while Brock brought out Omystar. Despite losing a turn for the healing, Tentacruel did another great job, getting Omystar down to what can't have been more than a couple of HP, before Brock used a Max Potion. Tentacruel got another big hit in with a Surf, but was pretty weak by that stage and was then taken down. Still, he'd done more than enough to ensure the win and Nidoking was able to step in and finish things up with a Earth Power. Job done :)

Now up to 10 badges and heading off to Cerulean to face Misty. Very proud of Tentacruel's effort in the Gym Battle. He had the type advantage for the most part, but he's ended up being pretty much used as a HM slave in Kanto and came in a lot lower level than the opponents, so it was still a very impressive performance. Nidoking was also a beast. Got high hopes for him. Haunter on the other hand was disappointing. Just lacks the speed and is way too fragile to be taking any sort of hit at all, so it very difficult to make the most of his awesome special attack. Snorlax didn't have the greatest of days but he was outside his comfort zone and pretty unequipped to deal with Rock types. I'm hoping to progress on the hunt for Suicune whilst in Cerulean, so hopefully he'll be joining the team sooner rather than later, although if Tentacruel keeps on impressing I may not have so much need for another Water type.

Lorde

I spoke with my mother and she agreed to save my money. I left New Bark Town afterwards, and Lyra taught me how to catch Pokemon on Route 29. I battled some wild Pokemon on my own after that and I caught a wild Sentret. I picked a Green Apricorn on the route, then I arrived in Cherrygrove City again. After visiting the Pokemon Center in order to heal my tired Pokemon, I went north to Route 30 and I wandered over to where the trainers were. I battled against a couple of them as I headed towards Violet City, then I captured a wild Pidgey and a wild Bellsprout in the tall grass. I trained on Route 30 for about 20 minutes, then I visited Dark Cave. I captured a wild Geodude inside that I thought would come in handy against Falkner at the Violet City Gym, then I battled a Bugcatcher before I arrived at the gatehouse. I obtained the VS Recorder from Lyra, then I saved the game.

Storm Surge

Bird of Jesus
Gym Leaders in this game are weird.Falkner uses his father's Pokemon.Bugsy looks like a child.Whitney has an exploding Clefairy.Morty believes he can capture Ho-Oh.Remember, this is SoulSilver.How can he capture a Lv 70 with a team of Lv 21-25s?
Dunno.So, I battled Morty with two Level 30s and failing to Curse(and Hypnosis.GAH.).I planned again and won.Okay.I battled all the trainers on the routes between Olivine City, caught my Surf slave to use until I get my fourth Pokemon.Surfed to Cianwood, got the SecretPotion, healed Amphy, and surfed back to go to the Safari Zone.IT TOOK ME A FREAKING ALMOST HOUR TO GET MY MISDREVEAUS.(Like, seriously.It took half an hour.lol)Wait, Spectrum evolved on the way back to Cianwood.She learned Petal Dance, liek a boss.Downside?Spectrum has a JOLLY nature.Fricking natures...Named my lonely female Misdreveaus Gem.Because she learns Power Gem.Slapped Shadow Ball on her and am going to train. Saving.

Lorde

I exited the gatehouse and I finally arrived in Violet City after I talked to Lyra. I headed for the local Pokemon Center and I swapped Pokemon after healing. I headed over to the other houses and places of interest in town, and I bought some items at the local Poke Mart before going to the Violet City Gym. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to go through since Falkner wasn't available yet, so I went over to the Sprout Tower since that was an important place to visit and probably the only way I would ever get some training done for the upcoming Gym battle. I entered the tower and I battled against some of the Sages there as I went up. I eventually reached the top and I met Silver there. He left shortly after that encounter, and I had to battle against the elder Sage there. I beat his Bellsprout and Hoothoot, and I obtained the Flash TM from him. I used an Escape Rope to leave the tower after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.