• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I met Eusine the Suicune hunter and Gym Leader Morty when I arrived at the Burned Tower. I wandered around after talking to them and I battled against my rival who was also there. I used my Quilava against his Gastly, then my Flaaffy against his Zubat. I used Gloom against his Croconaw and then finally my Quilava again against his Magnemite. I then battled against some Firebreathers and I was able to head down to the bottom of the tower. I spotted the Legendary Beasts down there and they fled after spotting me. I stayed down there to collect items and to capture some Pokemon. I left about 20 minutes later after I got a Magmar and I trained a bit, and I healed my injured Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I visited the Poke Mart to stock up on items, and then I went south to train a bit more at Route 36 and then again at National Park before returning to Ecruteak City.

EJ90

We hopped onboard the S.S. Aqua and set sail on the ship for the Kanto Region. Some guy lost his daughter onboard, found her, but the ship was rather small he could of found her himself. The strong smell of whiskey on the man suggests he would rather drink than look for his daughter.
We arrived in Kanto at Vermilion City early in the morning. The sun rose over Vermilion City as I headed for the Pokemon Centre from the docks. A quiet town but I feel it is one of those cities which could really see some population growth in the coming years. It is close to the amenities of Celadon and Saffron City but has a nice seaside location which catches the pleasant bayside breeze quite well.
I then challenged the Vermilion City Gym, and won very easily against Lt Surge. He gave me the Thunder Badge, and gets the ball rolling on my Kanto League campaign.

Summary of performance against Lt Surge:
Pokemon used - Nidoking and Arcanine.
Nidoking OHKO'd Raichu, Electabuzz and both Electrodes with Earthquake. Arcanine OHKO'd Magneton with Flamethrower.
Knocked Out: None. Lt Surge's Pokemon did not even inflict a single HP of damage on my Pokemon.

I'm leaving in the morning along Route 6 for Saffron City. Next update after I win at the Saffron City Gym.

Last edited:

Lorde

I returned to Ecruteak City after I trained my Pokemon a bit, and I headed over to the Ecruteak City Gym. I had to walk on the path that was hidden in darkness, but I had a relatively easy time against the Gym trainers inside. I was able to find my to Morty's spot at the back of the Gym, but I left to heal my Pokemon before battling against him. I returned eventually and I challenged him to a battle. I used my Drowzee against Morty's Gastly and I was able to put it to sleep with Hypnosis. I then used Confusion a couple of times to beat Gastly. I switched to Pidgeotto when Morty used his first Haunter, and I beat it with a couple of Gust attacks. I used Quilava against Gengar and I had a rough time against it even with Ember attack. I was eventually able to beat it with Flame Wheel, and then I used Flaaffy against Morty's second Haunter. I was able to win the match and I got the Fog Badge and saved.

Last post of this nuzlocke run.

Made it to Goldenrod City. Decided to train a bit before my Battle with Whitney. Bad mistake. The first trainer I battled in the Tunnel under Goldenrod City used a Lickylicky, I used Hops. Both were level 12. The battle went:

Hops: Poison Powder
Lickytung: Supersonic

Hops: It hurt itself in confusion!
Lickytung: Lick

Lickytung: Lick

Lickytung: Cut

Hops fainted.

RIP ;187; Hops.

Cut did more damage than Lick...

Later I battled Whitney. I started with Roxie and she started with her Cleffable. Roxie maxed out her speed and defense while Cleffable could only Double Slap less than half of Roxie's HP away. Cleffable ended up fainting and than a long stall match between Miltank and Roxie took place. I used a single Potion on Roxie, while she used a Super Potion and 7+ Milk Drinks. I had to use two X Attacks on Roxie so I could get the edge with Magnitude because she continued to recover when Milktank got just above half her HP, and I ended up defeating Milktank thanks to a Critical Hit Magnitude.

Then I made my way up to Ecruteak City, catching:

;163; <--- Hedwig, level 11, Rash. Route 35 Capture.
;013; <--- Buzzy, level 7, Calm. National Park Capture.
;163; <--- Hilda, level 13, Jolly. Route 36 Capture.
;234; <--- Stanley, level 15, Relaxed. Route 37 Capture.
;109; <--- Koffy, level 14, Gentle. Burnt Tower Capture.
;133; <--- Midnight, level 5, Adamant. Goldenrod City Gift.

Almost lost Jaws, Shade, and Zu to that pesky Sudowoodo... I tried catching it, but once Jaws got in yellow I finished the thing off.

I saved the game and finished for the night.

Current team:

;159; <--- Jaws, Level 22, Quirky. New Bark Town Starter.
;074; <--- Roxie, level 20, Careful. Route 46 Capture
;041; <--- Zu, level 16, Careful. Dark Cave Capture
;092; <--- Shade, level 19, Timid. Sprout Tower Capture.
;133; <--- Midnight, level 5, Adamant. Goldenrod City Gift.

Boxed:
;023; <--- Erika, level 4, Timid. Route 32 Capture
;069; <--- Phyll, level 3, Timid. Route 31 Capture
;074; <--- Geodudette, level 6, Quirky. Union Cave Capture
;043; <--- Florio, level 6, Jolly. Ilex Forest Capture.
;175; <--- Peace, level 9, Relaxed. Gift Pokemon
;163; <--- Hedwig, level (11) 12, Rash. Route 35 Capture.

Deceased:

;161; <--- Scout, level (3) 4, Naughty Nature. Route 29 Capture. Death
;015; <--- Buzz, Level (4) 10, Bashful. Route 30 Capture. Death
;187; <--- Hops, Level 7, Lonely. Route 33 Capture. Death

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Been playing my copy of Soul Silver more as of late :). Got a possibly legit Shaymin for a Jirachi and a shiny Lugia (been wanting one of these for a long time). The latter looks to be legit, double checked its stats and moves and so far it looks good. Still have to Pokecheck them just to make sure. Might do some training on here tonight or some more searching on the GTS.

Lorde

After I won the Fog Badge and the Shadow Ball TM from Morty at the Ecruteak City Gym, I headed out to the local Pokemon Center in order to heal my injured Pokemon. I swapped some on the PC while I was there, then I went back out to the Poke Mart. I bought some items and I went over to Route 37 to pick some more Apricorns. I decided to head out to Olivine City next since I had taken care of everything else in Ecruteak City, so I wandered over to Route 38 which was west of Ecruteak City. I battled some trainers there and I also captured some wild Pokemon like Magnemite and Farfetch'd. I continued battling and I picked up a White Apricorn before I arrived at Route 39 near the MooMoo Farm area. I met Baoba from the Johto Safari Zone and we exchanged phone numbers there. I battled more trainers on my way south, and I saved the game after capturing a wild Tauros.

Most all of this happened yesterday, after losing Hops.. After losing Hops it all went downhill. I battled my rival in Burnt Tower, beating his Gaslty with Roxie. He switched to Bayleef so I switched to Shade, who used Hypnosis, Curse, and then I switched to Zu. Bayleef ended with a few points left and he switched to Magnemite. I switched to Roxie and set up with Rock Polish once. Magnemite used Supersonic. Next turn I finished him off with Magnitude. He then switched to Bayleef, and I stayed with Roxie because of the Rock Polish. Roxie hurt herself in confusion and then Bayleef finished Roxie off with Magical Leaf. I took care of my rival after that without any issues.

RIP ;074; Roxie

After that I battle Morty. I started with Jaws who beat the first Gastly. The next Pokemon, Gengar, was also taken care of. He then switched to Haunter who used Curse on Jaws so I switched away after beating that Haunter. I then switched to Midnight the Eevee to take on his last Haunter, Midnight only knowing Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Tackle, and Sand-Attack, I was going to spam Sand-Attack and then switch, but that ended when he used Mean Look and then Curse. I used up all my potions in a desperate attempt to save Midnight, but I ran out after Haunter used all of his PP for every move but Curse. Eevee died, I switched away and Haunter finished himself off with his last Curse.

RIP ;133; Midnight

After that I made my way towards Olivine City and caught some Pokemon. I battled the first trainer in the Lighthouse. I beat his first Pokemon and he switched to a Noctowl, so I switched to Shade to get her some training. Hypnosis missed and Noctowl KOed Shade with Confusion. Four deaths in one day... Not good.

RIP ;092; Shade

Pokemon I caught:

;241; <--- Whitney, level 13, Serious. Route 38 Capture.
;066; <--- Michelle, level 14, Hardy. Mt. Mortar Capture.
;052; <--- Nya, level 16, Timid. Route 39 Capture.
;072; <--- Stinger, level 20, Bashful. Route 40 Capture.
;072; <--- Kurage, level 22, Gentle. Route 41 Capture.

Current team:

;160; <--- Jaws, Level 30, Quirky. New Bark Town Starter.
;041; <--- Zu, level 19, Careful. Dark Cave Capture
;241; <--- Whitney, level 18, Serious. Route 38 Capture.
;052; <--- Nya, level 16, Timid. Route 39 Capture.
;072; <--- Stinger, level 20, Bashful. Route 40 Capture.

Boxed:
;163; <--- Hedwig, level (11) 12, Rash. Route 35 Capture.
;066; <--- Michelle, level 14, Hardy. Mt. Mortar Capture.
;072; <--- Kurage, level 22, Gentle. Route 41 Capture.

Deceased:

;074; <--- Roxie, level (3) 21, Careful. Route 46 Capture. Death
;133; <--- Midnight, level (5) 13, Adamant. Goldenrod City Gift. Death
;092; <--- Shade, level (4) 19, Timid. Sprout Tower Capture. Death

Last edited:

Lorde

I headed south to Olivine City after I visited MooMoo Farm and fed the sick Miltank there, and I met my rival upon arrival in the city. I couldn't visit the Gym since the Gym Leader (Jasmine) was out, so I visited the Pokemon Center instead. I swapped Pokemon there and then I wandered around the city. I visited some houses and then I decided to find Jasmine at the Olivine City Lighthouse. I started climbing the lighthouse, but I had to battle trainers along the way. I registered some trainers in my Pokegear and then I climbed a bit more until I arrived at the halfway point. I was able to find the right path to the lighthouse's summit and I talked to Jasmine there. She wanted me to go and get the medicine for her sick Ampharos in Cianwood City. I headed back down the lighthouse and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I then headed out to Route 40 and I saved before Surfing.

Last post of this Nuzlocke

Lost Zu to a critcal hit Bubblebeam, when she was one level away from evolving, and had a soothe bell.

RIP ;041; Zu

Battled Euisine and lost Stanley, Nya, and Stinger all in sacrifice to save Jaws from his Electrode.

RIP ;234; Stanley
RIP ;052; Nya
RIP ;072; Stinger

Jaws swept every trainer in Chuck's Gym.

Against Chuck, Jaws took care of his Primape, but fell asleep due to Poliwrath's Hypnosis. I switched around and dealt damage to Poliwrath, losing Kurage, Hedwig, Michelle, and Koffy in the process. Jaws survived the battle with 13 points left while Whitney survived with 19 left.

RIP ;072; Kurage
RIP ;163; Hedwig
RIP ;066; Michelle
RIP ;109; Koffy

Have some serious work to do with my team...

Current team:

;160; <--- Jaws, Level 30, Quirky. New Bark Town Starter.
;241; <--- Whitney, level 18, Serious. Route 38 Capture.

Boxed:

Deceased:

;041; <--- Zu, level 19, Careful. Dark Cave Capture. Death
;234; <--- Stanley, level 15, Relaxed. Route 37 Capture. Death
;052; <--- Nya, level 16, Timid. Route 39 Capture. Death
;072; <--- Stinger, level 20, Bashful. Route 40 Capture. Death
;109; <--- Koffy, level 14, Gentle. Burnt Tower Capture. Death
;066; <--- Michelle, level 14, Hardy. Mt. Mortar Capture. Death
;072; <--- Kurage, level 22, Gentle. Route 41 Capture. Death
;163; <--- Hedwig, level (11) 12, Rash. Route 35 Capture. Death

Last edited:

Lorde

I switched to my main HeartGold version this afternoon in order to capture some Pokemon that I would later transfer to White version. I went to Mt. Silver and I climbed the mountain while searching for a wild Steelix inside. I was lucky enough to find one before I reached the higher levels of the cavern, and then I flew to Cerulean City. I went north past Nugget Bridge, and I used Headbutt on a tree on Route 25. I found a couple of Slakoth there, and I captured them. I then headed over to Pewter City and I went south to Route 2. I used Headbutt on a tree there and I found some Wurmple and some Starly. After capturing a couple of each species, I went over to Fuchsia City. There was a Chansey swarm just east of the city, so I went to Route 13 in order to get a couple of Chansey. I managed to capture three of them, and I went to deposit them at the Fuchsia Pokemon Center afterwards.

I have just decided to begin a badge quest on my HG. So I guess you could say that I'm stuck in New Bark Town for a while. I am currently at 2573 SR, so hopefully a shiny makes an appearence soon.
In other news, on my SS I am at Lugia looking to SR for one as well, however I need to train up my pokemon for that if I have any intention of catching one without a masterball.

EDIT:

:D

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

Off to Violet City now :p

Last edited:

Lorde

After arriving at the shore on Route 40, I Surfed toward the Whirl Islands and Cianwood City. I met some Swimmers along the way and I battled against them for the experience, and I also battled some wild Tentacool along the way since I didn't have an Repels. I kept Surfing around the Whirl Islands in order to battle as many trainers as possible, and when I finally arrived in Cianwood City, I quickly visited the local Pokemon Center in order to heal my injured Pokemon there. I visited the local Pharmacy right away in order to pick up the SecretPotion item for Jasmine's sick Ampharos, and I also visited the house of the PokeManiac guy. He wanted me to temporarily take care of his prized Shuckle and I agreed to it if only so that I could add Shuckle to my Pokedex. I wandered around town and I spoke with people. I headed north after that, and I saved the game before arriving at Suicune's place.

I trained with Phyll for a little while after the slaughters of the day before. But he was just added to the list when a wild Raticate used Pursuit and OHKO him.

RIP ;069; Phyll

After that I caught a few Pokemon on my way to Lake of Rage.

;118; <--- Misty, level 18, Docile. route 42 Capture.
;180; <--- Sparky, level 15, Lonely. Route 43 Capture.

While battling Red Gyarados at LoR, I lost Peace from a Dragon Rage. Peace had 39 total HP.

RIP ;175; Peace

But I did end up catching the Gyarados.

;130; <--- Terror, level 30, Bashful. Lake of Rage Event Capture.

Training in Team Rocket HQ after meeting up with Lance, I lost Sparky to a critical hit Hyper Fang.

RIP ;180; Sparky

After beating Team Rocket, I caught an Electrode

;101; Kaboom, level 23, Naive. Team Rocket HQ Capture.

Then I challenged Pryce. I used Kaboom against his Seel, after a struggle between the two Kaboom came out on top (thanks to 3 SA boosts from Charge Beam). He switched to his Piloswine and I switched to Jaws, who beat it with two Surfs. Then He switched to his Dewgong, who fell to Terror after two Dragon Rages. I defeated Pryce and then went to battle Jasmine.
I taught Jaws Dig just before I battled Jasmine so I could beat her Magnemites, as I had no counters to it and three different water types. I defeated both with Dig and then she sent our her Steelix. Jaws defeated the Steelix and I got her badge.

I then made my way to Goldenrod City to duel with Team Rocket for the last time in this game. Which I am currently doing.

Current team:

;160; <--- Jaws, Level 38, Quirky. New Bark Town Starter.
;241; <--- Whitney, level 27, Serious. Route 38 Capture.
;101; <--- Kaboom, level 29, Naive. Team Rocket HQ Capture.
;130; <--- Terror, level 31, Bashful. Lake of Rage Event Capture.
;118; <--- Misty, level 18, Docile. route 42 Capture.

Boxed:

Deceased:

;041; <--- Zu, level (2) 19, Careful. Dark Cave Capture. Death
;234; <--- Stanley, level 15, Relaxed. Route 37 Capture. Death
;052; <--- Nya, level 16, Timid. Route 39 Capture. Death
;072; <--- Stinger, level 20, Bashful. Route 40 Capture. Death
;109; <--- Koffy, level 14, Gentle. Burnt Tower Capture. Death
;066; <--- Michelle, level 14, Hardy. Mt. Mortar Capture. Death
;072; <--- Kurage, level 22, Gentle. Route 41 Capture. Death
;163; <--- Hedwig, level (11) 12, Rash. Route 35 Capture. Death
;069; <--- Phyll, level 3, Timid. Route 31 Capture. Death
;175; <--- Peace, level (1) 17, Relaxed. Gift Pokemon. Death

Lorde

I arrived north of Cianwood City and I spotted Suicune resting there. It fled after seeing me, and then Eusine the Suicune hunter arrived and I had to battle against him. I was able to defeat him easily and he left after that. I headed south to the town again and I healed my Pokemon. I then headed on over to the Cianwood City Gym to battle Chuck. I had to solve the Gym puzzle first though, so I battled the Gym trainers and I eventually switched the lever that caused the waterfall to fall on Chuck. I then challenged him to a battle. I used my Pidgeotto against Chuck's Primeape and I defeated it with Aerial Ace attack. I then battled against Poliwrath and I used Gloom against it. I attacked it with Mega Drain, but it was able to survive and attack. I switched to my Flaaffy and I was able to defeat Chuck's Poliwrath with a couple of Shock Wave attacks. I obtained the Storm Badge afterwards.

Lorde

After winning the Storm Badge at the Cianwood City Gym, I headed outside and I obtained the Fly HM from Chuck's wife. I headed over to the Pokemon Center to heal and swap Pokemon, then I wandered over to the coast. I Surfed back to Olivine City instead of flying there, and when I arrived I quickly went to visit the Lighthouse in order to talk to Jasmine. I climbed the lighthouse for the second time and I gave Jasmine the SecretPotion once I had arrived at the top. Ampharos got healed and Jasmine returned to her Gym. I went back to Olivine City and I bought some items at the Poke Mart. I didn't challenge the Olivine City Gym yet though since my Pokemon weren't ready for that challenge. Instead I flew back to Cianwood City and I went over to the Cliff Edge Gate. I was finally allowed to pass and I arrived at Route 47. I went through Cliff Cave and I battled some trainers outside.

Drummerdude

I went north to the Bell Tower and quickly climbed to the top where I found a Ho-oh waiting for me. I knocked it out for experience like I always do and then I proceeded to Mt Mortar. I climbed up the Waterfall and explored a little before taking on the Karate King with only ProfessorX having to battle. Then I flew to New Bark Town, surfed east and took my first steps in Kanto. I made it through Tohjo Falls and then proceeded along Routes 27 and 26 and after many battles I got to Victory Road. I spent some time training up everyone on my team to Lv38 with the exception of Typhlosion who is Lv40. Then I used a bunch of Rare Candies on Rhyhorn so it could evolve into Rhydon because I am tired of training it. Then I finally took a break before entering into Victory Road.

Lorde

I kept battling trainers as I went through Route 47. I eventually reached Route 48 and I battled a couple more trainers there until I reached the Johto Safari Zone. I visited the building and I learned more about the features of the Safari Zone inside. I then headed back out to train against some of the wild Pokemon on Route 48. I also captured a wild Girafarig and a Diglett while I was training, then I headed over to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I flew back to Olivine City after grinding for 45 minutes, and I went to the Olivine City Gym. Once inside, I battled Jasmine. I defeated her first Magnemite easily with my newly-evolved Typhlosion's Flame Wheel attack, then I used my Quagsire against Jasmine's Steelix. I used Dig against it and I won with a couple of those. I then used my Typhlosion again against Jasmine's second Magnemite and I won. I obtained the Mineral Badge from her.

Crobat_Curse

Was feeling all nostalgic so thought I'd pick up my Gold cartridge and see where I left off. Surprised to see I actually have all 16 badges - not sure if I've challenged Red yet but I reckon I'll give it a go now. I remember absolutely adoring this team as a kid - not quite as balanced as I remember on reflection. :p The movesets are surprisingly not awful, which leads me to believe I've revised them more recently than I thought. Team:

;154;
Trina [62]
Razor Leaf, Earthquake, Leech Seed, Body Slam

;065;
Bauble [64]
Psychic, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch

;119;
Cleo [64]
Double-Edge, Surf, Blizzard (already used Ice Beam on Mantine :(), Agility

;226;
Kansas [63]
Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Toxic, HP Grass

;053;
Bingo [62]
Return, Thunderbolt, Swagger, Psych Up

;169;
Wires [61] (Shiny)
Fly, Steel Wing, Giga Drain, Confuse Ray

http://i47.*******.com/r88fex.gif​

EDIT: Just realised this is the HGSS board... my bad. If it helps, I'm currently in the process of recreating this team on HeartGold. :p

Last edited:

Lorde

I left the Olivine City Gym after I won the Mineral Badge and the Iron Tail TM from Jasmine. I went to heal my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center afterwards, then I bought some items at the Poke Mart. I wandered over to a house and I got some Seals from a little girl, then I headed back to Ecruteak City. I arrived after passing by the MooMoo Farm area, and I headed east toward Mt. Mortar. I arrived at the base of the mountain and I entered the first cave that I found. I headed out again and I Surfed across a small pond. I spotted Suicune resting near some Apricorn trees, but it fled upon noticing me. I met up with Eusine again and then I used Surf one more time to get across another pond. I saw some trainers and I battled against them. I headed back into Mt. Mortar, but I still couldn't fully access all the caves inside, so I went back out and I arrived in Mahogany Town. I saved the game there.

Status
Not open for further replies.