• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreaterLucario

Restarted SoulSilver just because I'm bored. Planned on gettin a phanpy egg since I love that pokemon. So I need either totodile or cyndaquil for type balance.

The Pokemon Gods failed me.
822E41A3-4CD4-4F59-A236-E4CC70BF7A4B-2799-00000418A8E17467_zps27e30280.jpg

They FAILED you? Dude, are you NUTS!? If you managed to get a Shiny STARTER POKEMON, the Pokemon Gods must LOVE you! (Oh please let me syphon off some of your amazing luck so that I may be fortunate enough to obtain a Shiny starter!)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After heading back to Cerulean City, I healed my Pokemon and I headed over to the Cerulean City Gym in order to challenge Misty for the Cascade Badge. I entered the Gym and I wandered around the swimming pool and I battled against the Gym trainers. I obtained the Machine Part from an inner tube while I was there and then I headed out once again to heal my Pokemon. I returned to the Gym and I battled against Misty at long last. I used my Bellossom against her Quagsire and Lapras, and I defeated both with Energy Ball. I then switched to Ampharos and I defeated her Golduck with Thunder. I used Hypno against her Starmie and I defeated it with a couple of Shadow Ball attacks. I won the Cascade Badge from Misty along with her Gym's TM and I left the Gym. I visited the Poke Mart and I bought some items. I then headed east since I wanted to visit the Power Plant. I saved there.

RNG_Reporter

I guess it's cool, but man.. my plan of Phanpy and Dratini is realy ruined..

At least Chikorita is Lonely nature.. so I can actually use it also.

So I decided to play the game and go to the first gym.. I only have Iko the male shiny Chikorita.. went to Sprout Tower and beat all of them just with Iko.. like a boss.. training as much as I can before I have to defeat all odds and beat the Bird Gym..

I get to level 13.. and I feel that's the best I can do. I don't want to catch Pokemon I don't plan on using for the long run, as I want to stay like Ash a bit.. and only catch Pokemon I want to bond with and stick with.. so no I don't want to use Mareep and Wooper, etc.. and it was daytime so I couldn't get a Gastly.

So I get to the gym.. and thankfully run into Lvl 9 Pidgeys and Spearow[i think]. My Iko is fast enough and strong enough to 2HKO them, so they were a breeze..

Then comes the big ole Pidgeotto.. I hit one with Tackle and roughly 1/15th of the damage comes off.. this is gonna be a pain. He hits with Gust and I see that I'm in trouble. It will take 3 to KO me.. so I do the only thing I can.. PoisonPowder.

Poison will stay with it.. and thankfully it Roosts.. so I can get a free turn to heal up after.

I start going for STAB and use Razor Leaf.. and just go with it over and over.. praying that + posion can take it down. Thankfully it continues to Roost every so often, and cannot KO me while I potion my beautiful shiny.

The damage is in KO range.. and luckily enough.. it's in poison KO range. Boom, done. Badge won.

I don't know how I pulled it off.. but it's so sick and crazy that I did.

Saved the game, Level 15 now.

Going back to Sprout Tower.. I want a Gastly.. I want a Gengar. They're awesome.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
The Pokemon Gods failed me.
822E41A3-4CD4-4F59-A236-E4CC70BF7A4B-2799-00000418A8E17467_zps27e30280.jpg

Dude, congratulations. I also have a shiny starter but it was a gift. You must be really lucky to get one by receiving it at the lab. Congrats again!

I went back to Johto for the Pokéathlon contests. I entered with the Legendary beasts of Johto and quickly beat all the courses, ending up in first place on all of them. I found out i needed to break two more records before i would be able to enter the final hall. Circle Push and Lamp Jump or something. I was close to breaking the record a few times, but my Pokémon weren't great jumpers. I gave 'em some Pokéjuice (steroids, lol) and they broke the record on Lamp Jump. Circle Push was easy, the beasts already had enough power for that. I got into the final hall, got a second star on my Trainer Card and am now back in Kanto. My next step is challenging the Celadon Gym with Zuko. :)

RNG_Reporter

Lol nice. What's your current team? I think this time around..years later. I'm gonna try to get into the record books. Hopefully I have potential athletes in my team down the line.

---

So I got to Bugsy gym after going through a tunnel and Slowpoke hole etc. beat my rival to gain experience before the gym.

My chikorita evolved into an even cooler shiny. Bayleef. I caught a Gastly..after a few catches I found a Modest. So obviously he's a keeper.

I have both of them at level 20 and ready to battle Bugsy.

Iko my Bayleef didn't stand a chance. I survived 1 uturn, killed the Kakuna...but had no chance vs Scyter as I was hoping to stall it out with poison and synthesis. Oh well.

Gastly was left. And thankfully could take anything he threw at him. I just Shadow Ball'd twice for the KO. And moved on.

I'm now by the daycare house. Iko knows headbutt now. So that'll be good if I want a Heracross or something. Plus the power is nice.

And yes. I have a HG file so I sent over my pokemon to it to get vitamins and a few TMs as they deserve some worthwhile moves.

Gastly has HP-Grass so I gave it Hidden Power and Shadow Ball (other moves; Hypnosis, Night Shade)

Bayleef only received Toxic. (Other moves; Razor Leaf, Synthesis, Headbutt)

So I will battle the few trainers around here and decide what to do next. I really don't know. Yanma? Eh. We will see.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat Morty with no Ko's. All I needed to use was Onion and Coconut again. I got to Olivine after catching a far'fetched >.> beat the trainers in the lighthouse, caught a magikarp, again >.> went to Cianwood, along the way beating the trainers and catching a tentacool, got there and caught a krabby, beat Eusine, and beat the trainers in the gym. Now after getting everyone to lv 28 I'm going to battle Chuck asnd hopefully wont loose anyone. Current team:
Bellpepper the bayleef and Grape the slowpoke lv 28
Onion the noctowl and Coconut the golem lv 28
Lime the crobat and Eggplant the gengar lv 28
RIP:
Mango the rattata lv 14
Tomato the ledyba lv 17

RNG_Reporter

Been trying to get a Yanma for 3 hours now. Have yet to run into a single one.

I hate you 1% encounter rate.

At least I have a Mild Abra ready to get it.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat Chuck with yet again no deaths =D Then I gave Janice the medicine and then caught a poliwag in Ekruteke and a chinchou in Newbark, I also got the king's rock in the slowpoke well and evolved Grape, then I beat the trainers in the union cave. Onion got killed by that stupid psychic trainer, Corn the meowth replaced him, then I beat Janice and lost Coconut, my golem D= to her steelix, Blueberry the chinchou is replaing her, got to Mahagony, beat the red gyarados even though I wanted to catch it, beat all of the grunts and adminsin the rocket hideout, and beat the trai ners in the gym, now I'm getting everyone to lv 34 before battling Pryce.
Current team:
Blueberry the chinchou and Corn the meowth lv 23 and 25
Bellpepper the bayleef and Grape the slowking lv 31 and 30
Eggplant the gengar and Lime the crobat lv 34 and 30
RIP:
Mango the rattata lv 14
Tomato the ledyba lv 17
Onion the noctowl lv 28
Coconut the golem lv 28

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I beat Chuck with yet again no deaths =D Then I gave Janice the medicine and then caught a poliwag in Ekruteke and a chinchou in Newbark, I also got the king's rock in the slowpoke well and evolved Grape, then I beat the trainers in the union cave. Onion got killed by that stupid psychic trainer, Corn the meowth replaced him, then I beat Janice and lost Coconut, my golem D= to her steelix, Blueberry the chinchou is replaing her, got to Mahagony, beat the red gyarados even though I wanted to catch it, beat all of the grunts and adminsin the rocket hideout, and beat the trai ners in the gym, now I'm getting everyone to lv 34 before battling Pryce.
Current team:
Blueberry the chinchou and Corn the meowth lv 23 and 25
Bellpepper the bayleef and Grape the slowking lv 31 and 30
Eggplant the gengar and Lime the crobat lv 34 and 30
RIP:
Mango the rattata lv 14
Tomato the ledyba lv 17
Onion the noctowl lv 28
Coconut the golem lv 28

Sorry about your losses, man.

Lorde

I wandered around Route 9 and I battled some trainers on my way to the Kanto Power Plant. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center nearby and then I headed down the river to the Power Plant. I caught a wild Electabuzz outside and then I entered the actual building. I spoke with the manager and I gave him the Machine Part that the Team Rocket grunt had stolen. The generators started working again and I left the Power Plant afterwards. I flew to Cerulean City again and I visited the Pokemon Center in order to swap Pokemon on the PC. I then went south to Saffron City and then to Lavender Town to the east. I visited the radio tower and I spoke to a man inside and he upgraded my Pokegear's radio to play Kanto music stations. I left the radio tower and I went south until I arrived at Route 11. I wandered towards the sleeping Snorlax that was near Diglett's Cave and I saved the game.

Quagsireking

I am the king!
I feel as though this story is worth sharing. I had waited until the third gym to send up my shiny nidoran from emerald, that way it wouldn't be to over powered (he was at level 21 at the time) and used him to double kick all the gym trainers until evolution. When it evolved however it switched poison point for rivalry. Which annoyed me greatly, since Whitney's milktank wouldn't be harmed as much by double kick. Anyway, I get to the battle with her and almost immediately KO her clefairy with a double kick.

Then she sends out Milktank.

It was a long drawn out battle. With my nidorino double kicking and then being attracted to the bovine. After a few turns of stomping and being immobilized by love, I had to switch into my skarmory (also traded) to take hits while I healed. Then once my nidorino was fully healed, I started to use sand attack to lower the accuracy. Then I switched skarmory back out for my nidorino.I had to keep double kicking, but when i finally got close to a 3HKO, she healed. So I decided to use mimic to hopefully outspeed her to get stomp. However, the game decided to be a jerk and use roll out. Leaving me with a nidorino that could roll. After another couple of turns with double kicking, I decided to use the mimic'd rollout.

Which KO'd the cow after a 3rd level rollout.

Meaning, I defeated the Bane of Johto league challengers, with her signature move.

RNG_Reporter

What a mess. At least it's over.

So I just beat the Ghost gym. My own Gastly/Haunter thrived in this environment and was ready to go back to a haunted setting.

Gastly evolved into Haunter and wiped out the entire room. I had to revive once because of a crit hit Sucker Punch, but she did well. Good ole 'Ghos'

I now am saved with my team being.

Shiny Bayleef lvl 28
Haunter lvl 30
Yanma lvl 28
Eevee lvl 1 (hatched a baby) will be Vaporeon.

I think my type coverage is decent..will get better with Vaporeon.

I hope my team isn't over leveled. But oh well. It's hard to level up in this game. So it's a good thing I transferred over 3 Luck Eggs lol

FireTrainer92

The Point of Origin
So after 3 years of deliberating and with the next generation on the horizon..I decided to purchase a DSi and start my Pokemon adventure. After my platinum and DSLite were stolen years back. I pretty much stopped playing the games. Tried to get back into it with SoulSilver but I lost waaaay too much back then so I was discouraged to start all over. While I didn't completely stop playing the series, I only played in spurts with emulators. Mostly the older gens. Gen 5 wasn't hype enough for me to get back in the fray. I tried BW. Didn't like it. Pretty much though about dropping the series for good. Then I gave BW2 a try and loved it. Then with the announcement of Gen 6....I decided to finally come back...

So atm Im trying to capture and train a lot of Pokes to send to BW2 whenever I decide to get it on DS. Mainly to get myself back into competitive battling once I get to 5th Gen. Replaying my old save on SS. So far I got a Dragonite w/ Extremespeed, Breloom and Honchkrow planned out. I forgot I had so many pokes with good nature on this file. Glad I never threw it away.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Last night I got Blueberry and Corn to lv 30 each so I decided to beat the trainers on the way to the safari zone. After that I trained in that one route to get everyone to lv 34 and while doing that I found a....SHINY HOPPIP!!! Even though I already had one I caught it of course and named her Star Fruit =D This is the second shiny pokemon I've found so far this play through, of course I couldn't catch the shiny hoothoot since I didn't have pokeballs yet >.>

Routine

My SoulSilver save file is going to be three years old in a week, lol.

Anyway, I'm planning to get a 3DS soon-ish, which means I'll be able to transfer Pokemon between games! In preparation for this, I decided to finally capture all of the legendaries in my SS game. I already had Lugia, Suicune, Articuno and Zapdos. So I took my legendary birds, because I love them, but I don't get to use them often, and took off into the Cerulean cave to capture Mewtwo. Took four resets, the idiot kept killing himself with struggle.
Then, I went after Moltres and caught him with little difficulty.
Finally, I took my DS with me when Pirates of the Caribbean was on TV and decided to capture Ho-Oh. Also didn't take too long, but I forgot to save in front of him, so after I had to reset I needed to go through Bell Tower again, lol.
I then proceeded to catch the roaming legendaries. I didn't even realize I already had Entei down to one HP and asleep. At any rate, they were a bit annoying, but not too hard to catch overall.

I'm trying to capture Latios now and hoo boy. This son of a pickle is down to 1 HP, either paralyzed (courtesy of my Ampharos) or asleep (leveled a Haunter for this), I've been trying for like 5 hours and it just won't stay in the damn ball. In addition to that, it takes ages to encounter him again after it flees or I reset. It keeps coming close to where I am, then suddenly appears halfway across the map. Why oh why did I use my Master Ball on Lugia *kicks past me*

I'm not going to give up, Latios, you shall be mine!

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
My SoulSilver save file is going to be three years old in a week, lol.

Anyway, I'm planning to get a 3DS soon-ish, which means I'll be able to transfer Pokemon between games! In preparation for this, I decided to finally capture all of the legendaries in my SS game. I already had Lugia, Suicune, Articuno and Zapdos. So I took my legendary birds, because I love them, but I don't get to use them often, and took off into the Cerulean cave to capture Mewtwo. Took four resets, the idiot kept killing himself with struggle.
Then, I went after Moltres and caught him with little difficulty.
Finally, I took my DS with me when Pirates of the Caribbean was on TV and decided to capture Ho-Oh. Also didn't take too long, but I forgot to save in front of him, so after I had to reset I needed to go through Bell Tower again, lol.
I then proceeded to catch the roaming legendaries. I didn't even realize I already had Entei down to one HP and asleep. At any rate, they were a bit annoying, but not too hard to catch overall.

I'm trying to capture Latios now and hoo boy. This son of a pickle is down to 1 HP, either paralyzed (courtesy of my Ampharos) or asleep (leveled a Haunter for this), I've been trying for like 5 hours and it just won't stay in the damn ball. In addition to that, it takes ages to encounter him again after it flees or I reset. It keeps coming close to where I am, then suddenly appears halfway across the map. Why oh why did I use my Master Ball on Lugia *kicks past me*

I'm not going to give up, Latios, you shall be mine!

I hate that. It happened to me in emerald. Groudon killed itself probably 4 or 5 times with struggle >.<

Lorde

I battled against the wild Snorlax that was sleeping on Route 11 and I was able to catch the thing with a Heavy Ball after I put it to sleep. I then healed my Pokemon at the Vermilion City Pokemon Center and I headed out to Diglett's Cave afterwards. I entered it and I traveled along it. I caught a wild Diglett inside and I eventually arrived on Route 2. I picked up some items and then I cut down a tree that was in the way and I battled a trainer near some tall grass. I headed north to Pewter City and I swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and I bought some items at the Poke Mart. I obtained the Silver Wing key item from an old man, then I went to the Pewter Museum of Science and I had a look around there. After picking a couple of Apricorns, I headed to the Pewter City Gym. I battled against the two Gym trainers inside there and then I went out to heal my Pokemon at the local PC.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finished beating everyone in the radio tower. Now I'm on my way to the ice cave.

FireTrainer92

The Point of Origin
So after about after 4 days of play and distractions in-game. I finally have a Dragonite ready to go to 5th gen. Gonna catch Entei and Groudon since I completely forgot to catch them. Shroomish is next after than. Raikou is done as well. Pretty much just gonna EV pokes and leave em in the box for BW2.

RNG_Reporter

Yanmega + Haunter + Vaporeon is like...the best Pokemon Party ever.

6 badges down..2 to go.

Gotta catch the Red Gyarados now.

Shiny Meganium is cool..but sooooooo bad. Worst starter ever and I get it shiny.

Will add a Dratini soon enough..then hopefully a physical attacker. I need one. A fighter probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.