• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I made it to the National Park earlier and it's music is so wonderful. It look incredible but not too many Pokemon running around there. All I found were Weedle and Kakuna. And I registered 2 trainers there in my phone. There wasn't a contest today though since it's Wednesday here. I'll probably go back tomorrow and try it. Now I'm in Ecruteak. The music there is great too. I'm gonna try to beat the gym later on. Also my 2 Pokemon in the daycare had an egg. The guy called me and told me my Flaffy and Sentret had an egg LOL.

Sir Marly

Mega Sceptile Fanboy
I've been training the Eevee you get from Bill to evolve into Espeon. I flew to Pewter and headed towards Mt. Moon. Battled the rival there. The battle was pretty annoying. Golbat spamming confuse ray everytime I'd switch out or break it. Finally knocked it out with a critical crunch from Snorlax. After beating him flew to Saffron to battle Sabrina.
Name- Marly
Team- Typholsion level 54 Snorlax level 52 Quagsire level 45 Espeon level 33
Badges- 13
Time spent playing so far- 36 hours

Illusione-Tempus

I got Butterfree to lv 31. I battled Chuck and won my fifth badge, and gaining ability fly. I went to Safari Zone. Too bad about my loss of a lv 17 Tauros thanks to my game suddenly froze -_-

SilverMorty

made it to route 48, just before the safari zone

this new area is exciting, i don't know what pokemon i can encounter lol

in route 47 found seel in the water, Kingler and Machoke in the cave and in the grass in 48 found a Growlithe and a Diglett (this early!)

can;t wait to actually go in the Safari zone :)

W0LF

Trainer
**Party Update**
+KoKo (Totodile) Lv.12
+Bellsprout Lv. 8

-Struggled through Sprout Tower
-Caught Gastly

**Party Update**
+KoKo (Totodile) Lv.13
+Bellsprout Lv.9
+Gastly Lv.5

-Beat Falkner and headed south
-Trained for a while
-Caught Mareep and Pidgey
-Trained like crazy!

**Party Update**
+KoKo (Totodile) Lv.15
+Bellsprout Lv.11
+Gastly Lv.11
+Mareep Lv.12
+Pidgey Lv.9

-Beat Rocket @ Slowpoke Well
-Beat Bugsy
-Pummelled Rival ("Mr. >.<")

-Got stumped by the Farfetch'd puzzle! Damn it!
worked out in the end that you distract the Farfetch'd by
standing on the twigs then grabbing them from behind.

-Made it to Goldenrod, the music is great!

Eclipsed soul

Houndour Trainer
Taking my first real break now.

I started out, ending up picking cyndaquil. As with the other imports, it took me a bit to start getting the swing of things. Saving is a bit odd now, the boxes are little annoying, but overall I'm enjoying it.

Beat the second gym though~ My present team is Quilava (17), Pidgeotto (18), Rattata (19) and Flaafy (16).

I have to start training my nidoran male that I got off my walkies earlier. Stupid kangaskhan was a jerk and ran when he did appear.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
Just beat Gary. Woohoo, 16 badges! Taking a break now. But soon, it's time to beat ASH! Or, should I say RED.

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
Finally got all Johto badges. Kimono girls were annoying, even Espeon laughed at my bite Attack..So I had to restart and own them with a special traded Pokemon. Threw a Masterball at Ho-oh to avoid sitting for hours and to proceed story Planning to participate in the Bug Catching Contest. and catch the last Unown

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
Well my game came in about an hour ago. I ended up choosing Cyndaquil, since I really didn't wantto go through the first few gyms with the Chikorita line.

I just beat my rival, and am now making my way to Violet City.

Team
Cyndaquil (Flare) lv.8

Janovy

Banned
And still I am playing slowly and enjoying my Pokemon HeartGold. Here is my list of recent happenings.

- Totodile evolved in front of Union Cave in Croconaw.
- Decided to finish the game with Feraligatr ONLY.
- Battle through the game and leveled up Croconaw.
- Got in Azalea where I met Kurt.
- Battled the Executive Lance in Slowpoke Well.
- Got Lure Ball and one Heavy Ball by black apricorn.
- Challenged Bugsy and defeated HIM, it was a piece of cake.
- Battled Silver and lost because of Curse from his Gastly.
- Had a rematch and one the battle with only Ice Fang.
- Reached the Ilex Forest and now I have to get that damn Farfetch.

codemonkey85

Pokémon Hoarder
Update!

Met Bill in Ecruteak, backtracked to Goldenrod and got his Eevee, evolved it into Jolteon without a moment's hesitation.

While back around the National Park, participated in the Bug-Catching Contest. Won with a Beedrill.

Set the legendary beasts out into the world. Ran into Raikou and Entei in the wild for their Pokédex seen entries. Will try to catch during endgame.

Evolved Gastly into Haunter. Beat up Morty in Ecruteak. Later recruited help to evolve Haunter into Gengar.

Used the GTS to transfer a shiny Hoothoot I had been saving for HGSS from Platinum to HeartGold. Boy was that a pain!

Evolved Hoothoot into Noctowl. Beat up the trainers in the Glitter Lighthouse in Olivine.

Had some more fun with the PokéWalker; met Kangaskhan and totally blew it, caught some Nidoran (male) and a Sentret.

Current team:

Jolteon
Noctowl (shiny)
Gengar
Bayleef
Quilava
Croconaw

PokéWalker contains:

Togepi

Next destination: Cianwood City

Last edited:

HaruLatz

GUREITO!
Alrighty! So, I beat the Elite Four the other night somehow. I was only going in for training since I didn't think I would make it, but by the time I got to the fourth, I started getting really serious :p eventually, I won after a long match with the Champion! Anyways, I now have 6 Kanto badges and I took a small break after reaching Pallet town to go to the bug catching contest to catch a Scyther, which I succeeded in doing. And I won too! Now I'll be on my way to Blaine and later train my Scyther or something.

DryBones

Event Collector
-With help from a friend, traded my Movie Arceus, Pichu and special Jirachi over from my Pearl copy.
- Chose Giratina at Lvl 1 after the Arceus trigger scene

Currently training Giratina and Mareep to Lvl 15 in Unown Ruins

My team:

ギラティナ (Origin Forme Giratina) - Lvl 8
Venus (Bellsprout) - Lvl 16
Dew (Wooper) - Lvl 15
メリープ (Mareep) - Lvl 14
Kaji (Quilava) - Lvl 19

I will then progress to Slowpoke Well.

Last edited:

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I did quite a bit:

-Went into the Burnt Tower and got the dogs roaming.
-Fought and barely beat Morty. He was a pain.
-Caught Pokemon on the routes next to Ecruteak.
-Traded over some Pokemon to help catch the legendary dogs but my Pokemon kept being roared away. I gave up and decided to come back later with more ultra balls and stronger Pokemon.
-Moved on and visted the MooMoo Farm and got my picture taken. I couldn't feed their Miltank because I didn't have the right berries(I think).
-Got to Olivine, explored the town, and climbed the lighthouse.
-Proceeded to Cianwood where I got the secret potion and went into Chuck's gym. I'll fight him later.

mudkipzz

Update from where I last left off

-Beat Pryce and Claire no problem at all
-Caught Lugia in 2 Dusk balls!
-Breezed through the Elite 4
-Beat Lt.Surge, Erika and Misty.
-Caught Suicune in 40 dusk balls X_X

DryBones

Event Collector
- Defeated the Rockets in Slowpoke Well
- Defeated Bugsy and all his gym trainers
- Defeated my Rival
- Solved the Farfetch'd puzzle in Ilex Forest

Current Team:
ギラティナ (Origin Forme Giratina) - Lvl 16
Venus (Bellsprout) - Lvl 17
Dew (Wooper) - Lvl 22
モココ (Flaafy) - Lvl 16
Kaji (Quilava) - Lvl 19

I also have the Pikachu Coloured Pichu tagging along in my team.

Damn, I love this game.

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
I've done quite alot since my last update. I decided that my second team member would be Mareep, and quickly caught one upon arrival in Violet City. After training in the Sprout Tower, and in Faulkners gym, both Zippy (Mareep) and Flare evolved. After making my way through Union Cave, I quickly went into Ilex Forest, and caught my next team member in Bloom, the Oddish.

Team
Quilava (Flare) lv.16
Flaffey (Zippy) lv.16
Oddish (Bloom) lv.12

Illusione-Tempus

- Done some silly Pokethlon matches
- Went to the Safari Zone and caught a Geodude
- Show the Safari Warden (I think) my recently caught Geodude

Status
Not open for further replies.