• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
SoulSilver Journey Post 6

I've done quite a bit. I got my EV trained Amalgam back from Platinum and got to Cianwood City. I went and healed Amphy and traveled to the Safari Zone. The music for Route 47/48 is amzing. Anyways, I did Boaba's test and challenged Chuck for the Storm badge. I then beat Jasmine and got the Mineral badge. Now I'm trying to get a good natured Larvitar for my team.

Current Team:
;154; Leif Lv. 35 Miracle Seed
-Earthquake -Synthesis -Razor Leaf -Magical Leaf

;181; Voltage Lv. 35 Shell Bell
-Tackle -ThunderBolt -Discharge -Thunder Wave

;196; Kinetic Lv. 35
-Confusion -Shadow Ball -Hidden Power Ice -Tail Whip

;123; Amalgam Lv. 34
-U-Turn -Slash -Brick Break -Pursuit

Just got to Blackthorn City, my pkmn were in their low 30s so i decided to train them up a bit. I was on Route 44 training my Pidgeotto so it would evolve into Pidgeot once it did i looked at his summary and he ended getting POKERUS while i was training him! This is great and will make EVing my Pokemon easier in the future. I already have had pokerus before but I got that in a trade. This is the first time I've actually gotten it myself. Pretty sweet.

Current Team:
Pidgeot lvl 36
Alakazam lvl 33
Pupitar lvl 32
Politoed lvl 32
Quilava lvl 32

7 badges

Note: Prof Elm just called me about Pokerus, and My Pidgeot is very angry must be a side effect of the Pokerus

Vuro

Arting Wanderist
I usually take my games slooow because I actually want time to enjoy it. ('Cause, really, if I'd already gone after the E4, I'd be really disappointed) But, this time, I'm going a lot slower than I have before. ._.

Recent Events:
- Freya still loiters around Goldenrod City. Man gives Freya bicycle in hopes that she'll go somewhere else.
- Freya spends ALL DAY breeding Doduo in order to get a male with a decent nature. Takes about 7 babies, five being female. Freya sets the females into the Goldenrod shopping center. Freya names the Quirky male MezzoForte.
- Freya trains Scherzando the Growlithe, Fiertando the Phanpy, and Crisis the Absol in the local Gym, the Nat'l Park, and the surrounding areas.
- Dolcissimo the Bayleef skillfully helps Freya catch a Staryu, Horsea, and Remoraid.
- Training for the gym begins.

Current Team:
Dolcissimo (Bayleef): Lv. 20
Scherzando (Growlithe): Lv. 18
Crisis (Absol): Lv. 19
Fiertando (Phanpy): Lv. 18
MezzoForte: Lv. 1

Bank$

I've finished the game. I'm probably going to start over because I kinda rushed the game plus I'm not happy with the natures of my legendaries lol. I'll trade over Groudon to Heart Gold so I can get Rayquaza.

chiper12

Artsy Smeargle
Just beast the third gym. Now in ecruteek city. I'm loving the pokethlon.

Current team:
448.png
"Feist" Lvl 21

Quilava.png
"Buster" Lvl 22

315.png
"Rosie" Lvl 21

Wingull.png
"Sailor" 21

Mailo

Fire Type Trainer
Taking everything in stride. My Cyndaquil finally evolved, but I only just got out of Union Cave for the first time (yeah I'm REAAALLLLYYYY slow).... currently scouring the cave for an Onix but those things just don't want to come out!

Hopefully will beat Morty by Friday, I want a Lapras first chance.

You can get an Onix if you trade for a Bellsprout. At Violet City. I use that one and it levels up quick.

Last edited:

AstralEon

The one and only.
Starting off from Olivine City.

I was preparing myself for the long journey into the sea. I surfed away and started by finding trainers I could find. I needed my team leveled up. In a short while, I made it to the Whirl Islands, seeing whats new and traveling around them. Kinda got lost and my team was running low.

Finally made it to Cianwood City and got my team healed up. I explored the town a bit and then the strangest thing I saw was seeing Suicune at the north-edge of the city. It jumped around and headed off to the sea. Then Eusine came in and had a small conversation about Suicune and me. So he decided to challenge me. Wasn't that hard to beat. He left and I went to go get some medicine for Jasmine. I was going to go for the gym but I found this new cave so I wanted to see what was inside. It was the Safari Zone but couldn't do much because it was closed off so I just left.

I then went for the Gym and noticed Chuck right away. Again, another gym remake which has been interesting to see lately. Water was pouring down him so I knew what to do. I battled all the trainers and stop the flow of water. I went go heal up and challenged him to a battle. He was tricky to take down. His Poliwrath took a long time to take down and his Primeape was annoying. Still was able to beat him. 5th badge won.

I went out of the gym and was award with HM Fly by this lady. Sadly, I couldn't use it because I was hoping that my Togepi would have evolved by then. I trained Togepi for a while but was still at his same state. So I had no choice but to Surf back to Olivine. Luckily I took the shortest way and got there in no time.

I went back up to the Lighthouse and gave the medicine to Jasmine. She gave it to Ampharos and he just shined up the whole room. Jasmine decided to go back to the Gym and I followed her. As I went in the Gym, I saw a few people hiding near the support beams, thinking they were trainers but instead thanked me for helping cure Ampharos... So that's it? No threat? Weird.

The battle with Jasmine did not go so well... I lost to her. I should had probably trained up before rushing another Gym right when I just finished my 5th gym. I did almost beat her though. She got lucky with Critical attacks on her Magnemites. Her Steelix was thougher than I though but I did manage to get her Steelix down. I lost to her last Magnemite, again I took a Critical Attack with Ponyta, which was my last Pokemon, and fainted with 1 hit. Dang, if only I had Kirlia used Lucky Chant before fainting, I would had won.

So I decided to train a bit more. I got a call saying that the Safari Zone was now open so I decided to head back to Cianwood City by, again, Surfing back over there. I went back to the cave and found another exit at the end. Next thing I know, I was in a totally different place which I have never been before. I found a few trainers so I thought this is a great place to train up a bit more.

And this is where rest for now.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
You can get an Onix if you trade for a Bellsprout. At Jubilife City. I use that one and it levels up quick.

Jubilife City? You mean Violet City, right? Otherwise, you probably shouldn't be playing this game.

chiper12

Artsy Smeargle
Okay, craziest thing happened. Lol. I did not think that the legendary dogs would be able to be encountered right after visited burnt tower. The first pokemon I saw after I walked into the grass was raikou. XD Ditch catch it of course.

Torpoleon

Torp's Pokemon SoulSilver Journey Part 10

Here is what happened:

I battled all the Blackthorn Gym trainers. After that, I grinded to LV 40. With everyone being at LV 40, I went to Clair.

My Pokemon Team:
Torp Jr./Feraligatr LV 40
Surf
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Crunch

Fire Ball/Typhlosion LV 40
Flamethrower
Lava Plume
Swift
Headbutt

Tiny Leaf/Meganium LV 40
Magical Leaf
Petal Dance
Cut
Poisonpowder

Brave Fly/Dragonair LV 40
Dragon Rush
Twister
Aqua Tail
Thunder Wave

Electrify/Ampharos LV 40
ThunderPunch
Discharge
Iron Tail
Flash

Bull-G/Granbull LV 40
Strength
Return
Substitute
Focus Punch

Badges: 7

Expected in Part 11: Torp VS Clair, Dragon's Den and heading to Victory Road. Part 12 will be about Victory Road.

Forever&Always

DanceInTheDark
Agreed.

Well today, I completely owned Clair with Gyarados and his amazing Ice Fang. I also did a lot of grinding on all of my pokemon. I went from Magohany to the Elite four. Tomorrow I expect to keep training Ampharos, Espeon and Giratina. Meganium, Ho-Oh and Gyarados are good for nwo.

Penguinist Trainer

Since I purchased HeartGold and SoulSilver (Gold for me and Silver for my girl), I have made a little headway in the game.

I chose Totodile as my starter. I currently have 28 kinds of pokemon out of the 41 I've encountered. This is not including the 10 different Unown I captured. I beat Falkner with my Mareep, Geodude, and Onix. All of my pokemon were at level 10 when I went up against him. I actually had more trouble with Pidgeotto than anything, mainly because he kept taking advantage of Roost.

I've made it as far as Azalea town currently. I just took out Team Rocket from the Slowpoke Well. Unfortunately, I need to level up a little more before I take on Bugsy. I'm trying to get the majority of my pokemon up to level 19 before I go after them.

The funniest thing just happened to me while I was training on rte. 33. I was training my Goldeen and decided to "talk" to it. The message came up saying Goldeen was frightened of the rain and hid in the grass for safety. I thought that was amusing considering Goldeen is a water type and is weak to grass.

Also, I love the pokewalker. I think it has made leveling Magikarp even easier. I walked 18k steps today on my 1st full day of work. Leveled up magikarp and unlocked some new areas. Playing pokemon while working has just gotten even better.

My Goldeen just found my 1st Shiny Leaf!!!

Last edited:

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
Well my mamoswinE pownd Lance's three Dragoinites

nevermeltice = ice shard = stab = PWN!

Finally getting the hand of the pokewalker. I just got access to suburban area, so I'll be going for an elekid. The first gym leader (forgot his name atm, man its been a while since johto) totally spammed roost, especially after ever single attack. So instead of mareep I'm going to raise an elekid. I had to catch 6 magby's but I finally got a modest one. I wasn't really set on one, but I caught a staryu from pokewalker for the heck of it. Its modest natured! 0_0..too bad I already have totodile, but I'll save it and figure out how to trade it to my SS later. Now I'm waiting for night so I can catch a gastly from sprout tower, then I'll train my newly caught pokemon and rechallenge the first gym. So far my team is: totodile, pidgey, magby, (will have gastly), and (will have elekid soon). Need to leave room for espeon somewhere :)

Champion Jared 14

Storm Badge, GET! Mineral Badge, GET! Glacier Badge, GET!! I got three gym badges in one day...that brings me to a total of seven...Leveling up your pokemon to and beyond the gym leaders strongest pokemon really helps out a lot. That way, it will be like battling a strong trainer rather than a gym leader. Jasmine was not difficult at all. Heracross took down the magnets with brick break, and Feraligatr took down Steelix with a OHKO surf...Chuck was easy, Primape, 2HKO with Fearow's Aerial Ace, and Poliwrath took a little more to go down. He knocked out Fearow, and it took a while for Ampharos to get it.

Didn't have enough poke balls to catch the Red Gyarados, but I still managed to catch it with my Ampharos by paralyzing it. Followed Lance to Mahogany, and took on Team Rocket. Much is still the same. I refused to turn off the grunt switch so I could battle all the grunts. And found the two passwords. Found the other new Rocket Executive, Petrel (what a weird name) disguised as Giovanni. I thought the lock command into the signal transmitter being his voice saying "Hail Giovanni" was cool. Following the Murkrow arround, and having it say the password just like him was also cool.

Came in, got stopped by a grunt and the other new rocket executive, Ariana. Wasn't her jap name Athena? Anyways, tag battle with Lance! Coolness! I'm finally realizing that these rocket executives, besides Proton AKA Lance, are the same ones from Gold Silver and Crystal, but they have specific names attatched to them now. How cool.

Now they have taken over Goldenrod. Will take them on in a bit. This has been very fun.

-Vulpix-

Cynder Kiryah
I beat Morty a while ago and got the fog badge. I also arrived in Olivine city and went to the light house and beat all the trainers there. Now I'm going to check out Cianwood and then head back to Olivine to do some leveling up before I take on the gym leader in Cianwood. I'm think on leveling them all up to 30-35
On my team now
Onix- level 6
Eevee- level 9
Staryu- level 20
Bayleef- level 26
Pidgeotto- level 26
Flaafy- level 26

In PC Box ( Ones that I leveled up)
Graveller- level 26
Magmar- level 26

Recently caught
Snubull

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
...Continuing on from the Lake of Rage.

- Met Lance in Mahogany and discovered the Mahogany Hideout.
- Found Giovanni/Petrel and defeated him.
- A talking Murkrow!? New mascot alert!
- DRAGONITE USE HYPAH BEAM!
- Defeated Ariana with literally no help from Champion Lance.
- Killed the Electrodes, but caught one, for memories.
- Defeated Pryce for the Glacier Badge. Stupid Seel with SleepSnore. Christ.
- Immediately flew to Goldenrod to see it invaded.
- Dressed as a Rocket and got into the Radio Tower. Then Silver ruined it for me. I wish I was a grunt for a bit longer.
- Quilava evolved into Typhlosion.
- Found the 'director'....Wait no, it's Petrel! Defeated him.

I've had a good day today. 3 gym badges. Tomorrow I'll finish off TR and head to Blackthorn.

Team:
Typhlosion - Level 36
Ampharos - Level 36
Vaporeon - Level 36

atm, my team consists of. 1. Quilava, 2. Kingler, 3. Flaaffy, 4. Noctowl, 5. Alakazam. Just beat jasmine and now im off to dismantle chuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.