• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
Where isthat little girl

beat the E4 in 34:54

Tentae

March 17th, 2010

Alot has happened since I took off for Goldenrod. Tentae and his party breezed right through the ilex forest and taught headbutt to Roy(Cyndaquil). Started headbutting some trees and attempted to capture a Pineco which Self Destructed on us. So too bad for him. Exited the forest to find plenty of eager trainers lookin' for a butt whoopin'. To which we gladly dished out. On our way north we came across Lyra and her Grandparents who own the Day care center. I'll be using them alot. More for breeding rather than training. After flirting with Lyra and receiving some major signals, Tentae got her number and she promptly left.

We finally arrived at Goldenrod City and enjoyed how much they improved it's image. Stopped at the Pokemon center, healed up, then left to do our thang. Tentae aced the quiz and got himself a radio, won a prize in the lotto, failed miserably in gambling, checked out the department store, got a bike, went underground, took a photo of Chrissy(Spikey-eared Pichu), got a haircut, battled some more, leveled up in the tall grass outside, and talked to everyone in the city and in the GTS. Then we decided to hit Whitney up for a battle.

Gym Battle

Whitney: ;035; ;241;
VS
Tentae: ;123; ;155;

When we challenged Whitney, it was a two on two battle. My choice for this gym was Asuka(Scyther) and Roy(Cyndaquil). I sent out Asuka first and used Focus Energy. Whitney's Clefairy countered with a heavy double slap. She hit four times. I then issued a command for X-scissor. The Clefairy was downed in one hit. It was a critical hit to boot! I thought Asuka would bring home the gold, but Miltank had other plans. I used X-scissor again and she used Rollout. Luckily, Asuka held on by a little. I went for another X-Scissor but Miltank held on by a hair and managed to get me with Rollout again. My only hope was that Roy(Cyndaquil) would be faster than Miltank. Sadly it's relaxed natured so that was no good. The Miltank went first and downed my Cyndaquil. We lost.

After some consideration, we changed up our strategy and challenged Whitney a second time. This time Roy went out first. I just had him Ko the Clefairy with ease. Then Miltank returned. I oredered Roy to use Smokescreen, but Miltank used attract. I was ******. But luckily, smokescreen made contact. Then ordered for another. Now her Miltank just used Stomp. She hit me and Roy did another smokescreen. She hit me with stomp again and I tried for a leer, but Roy was too infatuated with that fat cow! She did another stomp and Ko'd Roy. I sent out Asuka and made her use Focus Energy. Miltank used Roll out and hit. Then I ordered for an X-Scissor. Miltank still had half her Hp. She used another Roll out and missed! Thank you Roy! Then I ordered Asuka to go in for the kill. And we won the second time around!

After the battle
With another badge under our belt we decided to leave town. We headed north and found more trainers to duke it out with. Some guy asked Tentae to deliver some mail, to whic he gladly accepted. On this route, I also allowed Otus(Hoothoot) to evolve into Noctowl at level 22. Finally, we arrived at the Pokeathelon and tried it out. It was actually really fun. I used Roy(Cyndaquil), Asuka(Scyther), and Chrissy(Spikey eared Pichu). We won! it was a tie between me and some other dude. 307 I think was our scores.. I can't remember well. After which we did more training and caught ourselves a Sudowoodo, whose name is Ivegotwood. Now we're headed for Ecreuteak.

My current Party:

;155; Roy Lv 24 Male
-Headbutt -Leer -Smokescreen -Ember

;123; Asuka Lv 24 Female
-Pursuit -Focus Energy -Wing Attack -X-Scissor

;164; Otus Lv 24 Male
-Confusion -Roost -Reflect -Hypnosis

Spikey Eared ;172; Chrissy Lv 30 Female
-Attract -Helping Hand -Volt Tackle -Pain Split

Pokemon being delived: ;021; Kenya holding grass mail

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
About to take on the E4 on HG and the team is:

;154; Song@Leftovers Lvl 55
Bold
Energy Ball-HP Rock-Synthesis-Light Screen

;125; Chamahk@Expert Belt Lvl 54
Adamant
Thunder Punch-Ice Punch-Fire Punch-Low Kick

;59; Arshavin@Shell Bell Lvl 56
Adamant
Flare Blitz-Thunder Fang-Crunch-Extreme Speed

;130; Diaby@Life orb Lvl 52
Timid
Surf-Draco Meteor-Ice Beam-Dragon Pulse

;248; Bendtner@Muscle Band Lvl 60
Adamant
Crunch-Stone Edge-EQ-Aqua Tail

;197; Vermalien@Leftovers Lvl 50
Sassy
Curse-Payback-Baton Pass-Wish

Yeah I'm Gonna Own them

Onyx Umeki

Mrph...how impudent.

Bold

Adamant

Adamant

Timid

Adamant

Sassy

Yeah I'm Gonna Own them

How are your levels so high....?!??!!!

rocky505

Bold

Adamant

Adamant

Timid

Adamant

Sassy

Yeah I'm Gonna Own them
Your Gyarados must be hacked since it can't learn Draco Meteor.

Tirea Mokri

Well, my team and I took on Falkner of Violet City Gym...and won! =D

It was a truly fabulous battle. Both Toboe and Tango battled hard and well. The battle was truly epic, and a memorable one - especially as our first ever gym battle.

I dove right in with Tango as she took out Falkner's Pidgey with relative ease. Then came Pidgeotto. This was a tough one, I had to use three Potions on Tango to keep her in the game, but she's a real fighter. She kept going and attacking and did her best. Eventually I decided she'd done enough and let her rest behind me on the sidelines while I tossed Toboe into the mix. Toboe did very well, though it was still a tough match for him as well. I used one Potion on Toboe and, eventually, he whittled down Pidgeotto's HP enough where all he needed was one final Ember attack and the match - and Zephyr Badge - was ours.

I am so proud of my Pokemon. I believed in them and they in me and we won fantastically. =) After leaving the gym, Professor Elm gave me a call and told me to meet his assistant at the PokeMart where I obtained the Egg. => Can't wait for it to hatch!

So now we're in Route 33 on our way to Union Cave. Here's my team:

;155; Toboe
Level 15
Male
Naive Nature

;161; Tango
Level 15
Female
Timid Nature

EDIT: I forgot to mention something. Obviously, both my Pokemon are at levels where they should be at their evolved forms. I plan on letting Toboe, my Cyndaquil, evolve eventually. But this is only our second day together, so I wanted to keep him as a Cyndaquil for a little longer.

As for Tango, my Sentret, I am certain that I will never have her evolve. I love Sentret more than Furret, and she's just so adorable and wonderful as she is. =) So that's that~

Last edited:

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
Got the thunderbadge and the rainbowbadge, plus I've unlocked Latios. Oh, and as you can see on my signature, I finally got my friend code. Oh, and now I can pick up radio stations in Kanto, plus I've been to Fuchsia City. I need to level up Ampharos so he can beat Misty's team.

HaruLatz

GUREITO!
Taking it slow, I've now beating Claire and I have caught the rather annoying Ho-oh. I'm in a bit of a grinding mode right now, trying to get all of my Pokémon to level 43 before heading to Kanto to get to the Elite Four.

Current team:
Donphan Lv. 36
Xatu Lv. 41
Sunflora Lv. 41
Ambipom Lv. 42
Typhlosion Lv. 42
Lanturn Lv. 42

Donphan is surprising easy to train! Hopefully it wont be too much longer so I can move on!

Dragonking

Just got the games delivered today. So trying to find good starters and transfer them to one file. Looking forward to all the events especially the legendary beasts release.

Dorielf

Hooked since age 11
;065;

I decided to put my new Abra, Danton, into the Daycare. I took him back out at level 20, then raised him one more level so that he evolved.

Now he's a level 21 Kadabra who STILL only knows teleport. I thought that old couple taught Pokemon the moves they were supposed to learn?

Maybe I'll get some more fast balls and try catching a new one.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
Finally got HG. My team as of now is a lvl. 7 Totodile and a lvl. 2 Spinarak.

Anybody have any good ideas for early team members?

Champion Jared 14

Took down the top executive of Team Rocket in Goldenrod...It was a decent challenge, and Archer wasn't so hard since all my pokemon were level 40/41...IDK where I'll go now, as I want the sixth slot of my team filled already...All I know is that I want to be ready to take down Clair and the E4 with no worries! Hopefully I will be able to do that...I'm thinking of sending another pokemon over to Soul...

Luckster

LET THE MUSIC PLAY!~
I've pretty much just been dinking around really. I've moved all the Unown Alphabet from Platinum to Silver, so I don't have to hunt them down again. I've moved a few other Pokemon, including most of the legendaries, and I have moved a great deal of items, including my EV training items. Just going around leveling up my Pokemon a little and looking for various hidden items with my item finder before I go heal the sick Ampharos. (lol priorities)

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
Finally got the cascadebadge and Suicune too! I'm going for my marshbadge as we speak!

Haku16

<- Evolved YAY!!
so i have been training for long time now and currently have 6 badges. i did catch a Murkorw today wich took me a long *** time cause the damn thing didnt want to get caught.i currently have 4 pokemon in my team.so far im training for my 7th gym badge. lol the only shiny i have right now is my Gyrados from lake of rage.

Current team

1.Feraligator lv.38 Surf, Ice fang, Agillity, Crunch
2.Amphoras lv.38 Takle, Thunder punch, Discharge, Thunder wave
3.Scyther lv.38 U-turn, Slash, Wing attack, Pursuit
4.Murkrow lv.36 Fly, Faint attack, Haze, Wing attack

im going to train them all to 42 before fighting Pryce for my 7th badge.

Last edited:

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
Captured Snorlax and with his help, I got the marshbadge from Sabrina. I have to say, they did a good job on Sabrina. She looks awesome!

Champion Jared 14

Dead at these players finishing the game in less than 20 hours...You must've only used your starter to breeze through the game...Most likely, it wasn't chicka

Haku16

<- Evolved YAY!!
Dead at these players finishing the game in less than 20 hours...You must've only used your starter to breeze through the game...Most likely, it wasn't chicka

i cant do that i have to enjoy my game by making a team of 6 out of what i catch in the game and not what i trade into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.