• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

codemonkey85

Pokémon Hoarder
Brief update:

Surfed over to Mahogany just to check it out (also to pick up the HM for Strength along the way), then backtracked to Olivine and began my seafaring journey to Cianwood.

Made it to Cianwood; grabbed my free Shuckle and the SecretPotion, then proceeded to royally own Chuck with just my Croconaw (3 x Dragon Dance and a few Aerial Aces took care of it).

Proceeded to slap Fly onto a Farfetch'd. Now having fun Flying around Johto and looking for stuff I passed on before, getting ready to head up to the Safari Zone.

Downloaded the Yellow Forest event; will try to catch a Pikachu later on.

Current team:

Quilava (level 22)
Croconaw (level 29)
Bayleef (level 22)
Gengar (level 26)
Noctowl (shiny, level 23)
Jolteon (level 20)

PokéWalker contains: Togepi

Blue-kun

Might as well use this thread, too!

Beat Green last night, and it was a hard fight. I'm always changing my team members so that resulted in a somewhat low leveled team to fight him. Still, I managed to beat him off in a battle that took me some Revives and Full Restores.

Now I'm at the entrance of the Silver Cave leveling some new Pokémon I caught and trying to get them all to AT LEAST level 60, so I can face Red. My team is as follows at the moment:

Ampharos (Level 57)
Lugia (Level 53)
Typhlosion (Level 54)
Kingdra (Level 60)
Pupitar (Level 43)
Sneasel (Level 43)

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
After easily defeating Bugsy, I made my way through Ilex Forest. While training Bloom, I ran across two Farfetch'd, who I returned to their owner. After making my way through the rest of the forest, I quickly defeated all of the trainers en route to Goldenrod.

I am now standing in the National Park, training my team up to lv. 23 each, before I go and face Whitney.

Team
Quilava (Flare) lv.22
Flaffey (Zippy) lv.22
Gloom (Bloom) lv.22

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
I got my game on Wednesday and started SRing for a shiny starter. Today, 2 days I got the game, a shiny Totodile popped up :). I made it to Cherrygrove, where I got the running shoes and the town map. I'm currently making my way towards Mr. Pokemon's house, where I can get the Pokedex and beat my rival.

Pokemon Team:

Totodile(shiny) - Lvl 5

ElegyCity

Do we get ice cream?
Ever since I got the game I have had so much to do that I have only just made it to Ecruteak but oh well it's been fun! Fixing to go against Morty with this team:

Bayleef - 21
Golbat - 22
Mareep - 22
Butterfree - 20
Heracross - 22

Man I just love the music in this game as well. Lol had Golbat all of 1 level till he evolved to Crobat - 23 :).

Last edited:

codemonkey85

Pokémon Hoarder
More things!

Ran some quick errands and picked up some items. Was going to check out the Safari Zone but apparently couldn't until I beat Jasmine. Trained my Croconaw a bit to evolve it into Feraligatr; then replaced Aerial Ace with Earthquake.

Gave the SecretPotion to Jasmine. Ampharos being healed = awesome special effects!

Beat up Jasmine easily. Even Steelix using Sandstorm couldn't hold a candle to Feraligatr's raw power. :D

Now heading up to the Safari Zone. Hopefully I'll have time tonight to explore Union Cave a bit and reach Lapras (which I almost forgot about!).

Quilava (level 22)
Feraligatr (level 32)
Bayleef (level 26)
Gengar (level 26)
Noctowl (shiny, level 23)
Jolteon (level 20)

Caught a couple more Nidoran male and Sentret in the PokéWalker. Haven't see Kangaskhan since the first time when I blew it. -_-;

PokéWalker contains: Togepi

ElegyCity

Do we get ice cream?
Finished with Morty. All the battles in there shot Butterfree and Mareep up a few levels so I had to take time to even everyone up. Yeah i'm crazy about keeping my party levels close to each other.

Managed to evolve Eevee to Espeon. Also went and caught a Tauros. Can't quite decide if I wanna use him or not at the moment. Guess I'm gonna let Espeon play catch up and backtrack to see all the areas I passed that required surf.

Bayleef - 23
Crobat - 23
Mareep - 23
Butterfree - 24
Heracross - 23
Espeon - 6

Gon Drex

Recent Happenings ~

It was the morning when i arrived in Cianwood City, after reciving the medicine for Ampharos and helped a trainer with his Shuckle, I went to the north to explore, while I was walking in the beach I saw an strange pokemon up in a hill...I went near him, but he ran away and Eusine, the man i met in Ecruteak appears and fight me.
gfcdu.png

Then, I went to both Cianwood and Olivine gyms in quite in a hurry, with both pretty easy battles.
jbj.png

Last edited:

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'

Pokemon Heart Gold; Recent Happenings
OT: Shu

-- My first ever Journey in the Johto Region. I wake up and discover I'm a 21 yr old ready to move on with my life of boredom and laziness. I know there's a wild adventure that I've never seen before, out there.. and I plan on finding out everything there is to know in the world, and becoming a Pokemon Champion like many before my time.

As I set off the my adventure, I run into a strange girl that has a weak piece of **** Marill, that doesn't even listen to her. I ignore her, and head to the Prof. house, as I know he has been looking for "The One", to become the best Pokemon Master of all time.

I talk with him for a good hour or so, and we decide that I need to do this.. I need to go become the best.

Professor had 3 Pokemon for me to choose from:

Chikorita
152.png

Totodile
158.png

Cyndaquil
155.png

-- I knew I didn't want the weak grass Chikorita, as the bond just wouldn't be there. Totodile and Cyndaquil had been a favorite of mine for a while.. and it was hard for me to decide, but after much thinking.. I decided that..

Cyndaquil
155.png

-- Cyndaquil was right for me. The powerful Fire-type that is adorable, cute, and never backs down. Timid now.. but as we grow together.. we will become a great duo.

I set off on my adventure, having no idea what to expect, the twists and turns, and what will lie ahead of me.

OT: Shu's Pokemon Team

i_hinoarashi.gif

(M) Cyndaquil
Level: 5
Nature: Mild [Oh yes!]
- Tackle
- Leer

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I haven't actually played since I last posted, but I still have a backlog of stuff to post. Horray?

-...is that pathetic-looking building the GYM? Ahahahhaha.
-It's closed. Son of a whore. Why do we HAVE to do Sprout Tower first? Goddamnit, give people some choices!
-The walkway to Sprout Tower's gotten a bit of a makeover, I see.
-Sprout Tower is...very 3D.
-I'm waiting to see the first trainer in the game other than RIVAL who actually has a fucking Johto Pokemon. This is ridiculous. Not even the remakes of GSC can break free from RBY/FRLG's shadow.
-Good god all these Lv.4 and below Pokemon are just PATHETIC. It's the first gym town, people! Can we get something Lv.7, maybe Lv.8 or 9?
-Want repels. Need repels. Pray to repels for salvation from wild Pokemon encounters.
-I got one of the in-battle stat buff items! Awesome, it's free money! (nobody actually USES those in-battle stat buff items, do they?)
-Seriously, all these Lv.3 Trainer-owned Bellsprout are just sad. Can I at least see a Lv.4 bellsprout? Pretty please?
-Liver's Lv.13. This little Totodile's just chugging along since it doesn't have to share EXP with anything else yet. (PS: Where are the goddamn Johto Pokemon? I need to catch some) And with that comes...Bite! Bye Rage, I hope I never see you again.
-...*gasp!* A LEVEL 6 BELLSPROUT?! BUT...THOSE ARE ONLY SPOKEN OF IN MYTHS!
-Le...le...level SEVEN Bellsprout? Truly, I have wandered into a game that's not Heart Gold.
-HOLY SHIT A HOOTHOOT. A JOHTO POKEMON. I *am* in the wrong game!
-I'm not sure what the hell Liver's learning now but it doesn't do damage and it only has 90 accuracy so I'm never using it anyway.
-I could skip the Violet Gym Trainers, but why would I want to?
-Goddamn the levels of everything are pathetic. Except Liver, he's a respectable Lv.15 Totodile now.
-Lookit Faulker and his goddamned Lv.9 Pidgey that got down to like 2 hp after a single hit. Is that proper Gym Leader stuff? No. No it is not. Go away Falkner, I'm stripping you of your Gym Leader license. And look at his other Pokemon, a goddamn Pidgeotto. What the hell is wrong with you? At least have a Hoothoot or something.
-How many goddamn potions does Falkner have? Or is that Roost?
-Yeah I think that's Roost. Goddamn it, GL Pokemon shouldn't be able to heal themselves.
-Shut up, give me the badge and the TM I'm never using.
-Yay, Togepi egg. I might raise this...if not for the fact that I already use a Togekiss in Platinum. Pretty refreshing to get a JOHTO POKEMON either way.
-Oh god who the hell is that in the kimono and why are they talking to me
-Well that was a complete waste of my time.
-Let's get some Net Balls for variety...when I manage to find a fucking Johto Pokemon to catch.
-Aw, there's no grass patch west of Violet/north of the Ruins anymore. Boo.
-I AM GOING TO CATCH AN UNOWN SINCE IT'S AN ACTUAL JOHTO POKEMON. YES.
-No, not really.
-The ruins are a bit different this time. You can get free stuff without solving any puzzles, for instance. But there ARE puzzles.
-You don't have to put together the ENTIRE puzzle now, but you do have to rotate the pieces by tapping them.
-Oh right, before I get TOO far away from Violet, I'd better see if the Pokemon School has any free stuff in it.
-A blond man asked me a question, I picked the top option, and now I have to name something. I think he's asking me to name the group I'm in, so whatever.
-Oh boy, my first "lol I tried catching something but it got away!" call of the game!
-I have no idea what Earl's saying and I don't feel like saying anything to him other than continuous "yes"s or "no"s. I'm sure there's some combination of the two I'm SUPPOSED to say, but whatever.
-I tried to get a Phanpy and failed. I even woke up early for it. But no. (and looking at today's update, apparently they're only in the northern part of the route now? Why can't it be like Crystal where they were available early on? I WANT A JOHTO POKEMON THAT ISN'T TOTODILE OR THE TERRIBLE EARLY STUFF)

smartie

Yay, Poke Cannon is writing again! The story of Gon Drex was kool too, I really enjoy reading those storys.

I defeated the trainers in Falkner's gym and then wen't back to training. I decided I wanted HootHoot at level 15 and Chickorita must evolve before beating Falkner. Hoothoot is still level 7 :( .

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
The last bug catching contest was an enlightement to me. I often wondered why I got the 3.Place or lower..It seems as if the remainig Health plays an important role 'cause I caught them prior with false swipe. Now I just throw balls and bomm first!!
Also completed Unowndex A-Z ! and still missing doing some research on this thing. Found also Giovannis room from the event at the Tohjo Falls. Got two Max Ethers from the rock there.

Illusione-Tempus

YAY POKE_CANNON IS POSTING AGAIN! =D

Yesterday:
- Beat Pryce with Ampharos. Ok, that Shiny Gyarados Surfed Piloswine to death.
- Goldenrod City Team Rocket sweeping, I want to pic myself with the Rocket Grunt costume other than Goldenrod City underground D=
- Beat Clair... if I'm posting like Poke_cannon I would've told you all about my struggle with her...
- Beat the Kimono Girls... lv 34 Eeveelutions are hard X.X
- Climbed up the Tin Tower... Seriously, the event of Ho-Oh's appearance is sooooooo boring.

Today:
- Won a Sun Stone from the Bug Catching Contest. I'm so proud catching a lv 14 female Pinsir in full health :D
- Safari Zone Warden called, WOOT I got the ability to customize the Safari Zone! :D
- Ok, been at the Safari Zone, caught 3 Pokemon during the exploration
- OMG I FAILED TO CATCH A KANGASKHAN! D= Well I'm going to find another one soon, just see! <_<

nekoakuma

Event Hunter
pokewalker kanghaskan is easier to catch.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
Yesterday I did this:

-Beat Chuck. He was a little bit of a challenge for my Pokemon.
-Headed for the Safari Zone. I stopped and explored the new routes and capture any Pokemon I didn't have.
-I got to the Safari Zone and captured a Geodude for Baoba. Then I went back and got all the Pokemon in the first area and the area above it(except Rhyhorn which kept escaping).
-Went back and faced Jasmine. She was super easy.
-Flew around Johto looking for areas I couldn't access before I had the HMs.
-Accidently ran into Raikou but the quick ball I threw failed and it escaped.
-Continued on to the next town and on the way found Suicune. He hopped off and Eusine was right behind. I love the music that plays when he appears.
-Got to the next town(I can't remember the name)and bought what I think is a rage candy bar from some guy.
-I then headed off to the Lake of Rage but had to fly off to buy Ultra Balls.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Since my last post, I made it to Mr. Pokemon's house and got the Pokedex. On the way back, I fought my rival, who didn't use attack moves for some reason. Ran back to Elm's place, named the rival Silvr, and gave Elm the egg, then proceeded to EV train my shiny Totodile.

Today, while I was EVing it in Attack, a random shiny Pidgey appeared! I wasn't expecting a shiny to pop up while I was EV training. Caught it in a Pokeball when I got it down to yellow HP(thanks to Sentret). It has a Docile nature, another neutral nature(shiny Totodile is Hardy).

Currently finishing up Totodile's Attack EV's, so I'll then make my way towards Violet City, where I'll get my next badge.

Pokemon team:

Totodile(shiny) - Lvl 20
Sentret - Lvl 3
Pidgey(shiny) - Lvl 3

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'

OT: Shu's Recent Happenings

-- My journey has been a wild one at that. I've battled 2 Gym Leaders, and met some very interesting People and Pokemon. The Gym Leaders were a decent battle. A Scyther I battled was very strong and actually took me out a few times. I'm still not sure exactly where I've been going.. as I don't know the area [of course I don't, new adventure]. I've caught a great amount of Pokemon, and quality ones at that.

Worthy Pokemon Caught
010.png
016.png
032.png
058.png
167.png
179.png
193.png
204.png
095.png

I'm currently around Goldenrod City, just seeing the sights, and on Route 35-36 catching some Pokemon, and training a bit. I've been searching for the Gym Leader Whitney for a while, but no luck. I'll find that ***** at some point, trust me. My Cyndaquil and I have been bonding greatly, as is my Mareep and Caterpie. They've been my main team for a while. I sometimes regret not getting Totodile, as Growlithe is in here, and could be my Fire Pokemon instead, but.. we'll see if I can be pleased with my Starter. If not, I will restart my journey.

Current Pokemon Team

156.png

(M) Quilava
Nature: Mild
Level: 22
- Ember
- Flame Wheel
- Quick Attack
- Headbutt

180.png

(F) Flaaffy
Nature: Naive
Level: 21
- Thundershock
- Thunder Wave
- Headbutt
- Tackle

012f.png

(F) Butterfree
Nature: ?
Level: 20
- Confusion
- Gust
- Sleep Powder
- Poison Powder

032.png

(M) Nidoran
Level: 13
Nature: ?
- Double Kick
- Peck
- Poison Sting
- Leer

Eclipsed soul

Houndour Trainer
Congrats on the Shinies Storm_Dragoon~

Despite me playing the game during my eight hours shifts at work, I haven't been progressing as well as I would have liked. I smashed Bugsy, struggled at Whitney, and then have been lazing about as I try to get all five of my pokemon to level 30 before I took on Morty. However, after getting my Pidgeotto, Raticate, and Ampharos to level 30, I got bored and just smashed through with my level 25 Quilava.

Gengar was really hurting my quilava though, so I had to switch. Other than that, it's going well. Now to figure out how to get that stupid medicine for Jasmine...

No luck for special Pikachu in the pokewalk. I've caught six so far...hopefully my luck will change later on tonight ):

Gohan (Quilava) - 28
Aluet* (Pidgeotto) - 30
Nidorino (Nidorino) - 25
Coton** (Ampharos) - 30
Conan (Raticate) - 30

*Aluet is a very butchered version of the French word "Alouette". I was struggling with a name, and that song popped in my head seeing how it's about a bird. Aloue looked odd, and Alout looked like I was misspelling "a lot". So, I just stuck to that. It...sorta...looks like it can be pronounced similar if you use your imagination.

** Coton is a butchered version of Cotton. I always call my mareep that, and seeing there is a five character limit I was like "Screw this, Coton will do."

LizzyLiz

Traveled through the Whirl Island, watch the Kimono Girls do a little jig, I guess, cutscene with Lugia, surfed up to him and saved it due to my bad luck with catching good legendaries. After a couple of failed attemps of struggle death, accidently killing the guy, and running out of balls, he finally succumbed to his fate. Honda now is shoved inside of a PC, untill I decide to use him. After that, I journeyed to Kanto to face the Elite 4, beat many trainers, almost losing to ??? due to poor item usage, but HMSlv saved the day.

After healing up, selling my worthless items, and over stocking on items, I made my way through the gate. Will fell to work of Zelos (Umbreon) and SunCe (Typhlosion) while SunCe solo'd Koga. ZuoCi (Togekiss) and Lu Bu (Dragonite) ended Bruno, and Karen fell to the triple threat of SunCe, ZuoCi, and Da Ji (Gyarados)

After making sure everyone was healed, I challanged Lance, and recorded the fight below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ4UtNPVMyI

Victory was mine, blah blah blah, credits were interesting, now I am back at my house.

Talked to Elm, got SS Anne pass, (And I think the Nation Dex..) Did the boat event, KANTO... IS... AWSOME. Went through Surge's Gym, battled Surge (Kanto Gym music is cool) and got my 9th badge. I now have it saved at a Pokemon Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.