• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassiel

Goddess of Mischief
what i did so far today:
- evolved all of my pokemon: croconaw, pidgeotto, flaaffy.
- went through all the way to azalea town.
- battled the first rocket commander (lance, isn't it? i'm confused with his nickname.)
- defeated bugsy. his scyther is a total bugger. gladly my pidgeotto managed to beat it, after sand-attacking for 3 or 4 times.
- went through ilex forest.
- arrived on goldenrod city. since whitney currently cannot be battled, i went further until route 36.
- captured a brand new vulpix!

smartie

The second part of my adventure

My most recent happenings!

Yesterday and the day before I didn't have time to post here, but I did do some things:
I walked to Azalea town and I got my 3rd team member! Slowpoke! I called him Slack and he went through some tough training already. While I was fighting Bugsy, i found out how weak my team actually was! I need some powerhouses: Hoothoot is just not powerful and Slowpoke has bad moves too. So I made the decision to get a Charmender from Diamond. Let's hope the trading works, cause it doesn't work on platinum.

After that decision I tried to win versus Bugsy. I was soooo lucky. Scyther was the last pokemon left. I was fighting with my last pokemon Flaaffy and Scyther was poisoned. Scyther uses quick attack(I think) and I survive with 2 HP! Then I hit with Thundershock, Scyther didn't die. But then the Poison finished it!

I got the HM Cut and I walked through the Ilex Forest, teaching Headbutt to Slowpoke. Which was a bad move! A few moments later I red someone's post telling he caught a Poliwag at Ercuteak. So I decided to get Poliwrath and not Slowbro! I think my team is going to be great!

This is what I have so far:
Bayleef, level 19
Flaaffy, level 19
Slowpoke, level 13

I will try to transfer Charmender soon.

Last edited:

Bardische

Elegance.
~ Caught a shiny Hoppip OMFG. Now a Jumpluff :D
~ Bulbasaur's already a Venusaur!
~ Mudkip is now a Swampert :D
~ Got a Torchic, Treecko, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Totodile and the Sinnoh Starters from a friend :D
~ Caught Lugia! It has a Bold nature :))
~ Fought Red again. Not one of my Pokes died, and they still haven't reached level 65 :D
~ I dunno why, but I used Thief and got Red's Pikachu's Light Ball. Is that even possible? That just happened to me. Please confirm guys, if you can.
~ Munchlax! Shiny again OMFG. What is wrong with this game?!
~ Got the Gold Print from Dahlia, Thorton and Palmer :))

--- To be continued ---

smartie

Small update:
I just traded Charmender over! He reached level 10 while making this post. I want him to be level 20-25 before beating whitney.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Finally got the game today
Just reached Mr.Pokemon's house
Defeated my rival easily then got 5 Pokeball's off Kotone
Just about to head for Violet City
Team is
Hydro the Totodile (God I hate only having 5 characters Avalible)
Lvl 9
Scratch
Water Gun
Leer
Rage

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
Since last time I:

-Caught Lugia after annoyingly long while. Thing just wouldn't stay caught but luckily an ultra ball eventually caught it.
-Continued on my way to the E4. The route was long but I eventually arrived at Champion Road(The Japanese name and is an awesome name).
-Quickly got through there and beat my Rival.
-Prepared for the E4. My team was:

-Feraligatr, around level 48
-Typhlosion, around level 49
-Bayleaf, around level 46
-Latias, at level 59
-Lugia, at level 45
-Blaziken, level 100

-I only had the Blaziken in case my other 5 Pokemon were too weak but my Feraligatr and Typhlosion managed to take out the first 3 members, I believe my Latias helped with Karen, and I needed to use it against Lance. The Blaziken did go into battle once but that was so I could revive my fainted Latias without the enemy injuring any of my other Pokemon.

-I beat the E4 and finally I can head for Kanto.
-I went to see Elm, got the boat pass, and went to Olivine. Oak gave me the National Dex and I got on the boat
-I fought all the trainers on the boat and luckily found how to proceed to the captains room. I found the little girl and got her to go back to her grandfather and the boat soon stopped.

-I arrived in Vermillion and it really is beautiful. I explored and soon decided to battle the gym.
-The trainers were annoying because they kept paralyzing my Pokemon. And Surge was hard because his Pokemon were the same level as mine. I'm used to being about 10 levels ahead of the gym leaders.
-I've decided I'm going to go and fight every trainer I can in Kanto and come back for the other Gym Leaders when my Pokemon are stronger.

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
After my last post I arrived in Kanto and yeah I was VERY eager to get the Music Change thing..That means defeating all gymleaders and this as fast as possible. I battled just few other Trainers so I can hear old music with them later^^. So I rushed and hushed while leveling my Linoone(Pickup) which is now over 50. When I got the finally got the last badge and got the GB-Player I run everywhere just for music. Now I also have Rock Climb meaning a big one backtrack. So instead I decided to win my missing medals from the Pokethlon to see what's behind this room. And since I caught a lot of Pokes it wasn't to hard to find fitting ones.And yeah I got all 5..but just one has also a Crown.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Alright, done alot since my last post so In-order
Caught Pidgey at lvl 3
Trained Pidgey to lvl 9 against trainers
Explored the ruins of Alph
Did the puzzle and caught a Unkown D named it D
Caught a Rattata named him Slave
Did the sprout tower
Beat Falkner with a Team of
Totodile lvl 14
Pidgey lvl 13
Now in Union Cave
Team is
Hydro teh Totodile lvl 16
Bite
Scratch
Leer
Water Gun
Air the Pidgey lvl 16
Gust
Sand Attack
Tackle
Quick Attack

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
Currently Using my friend's HG until he comes back from Portugal.
So The story so far.
Chose Chikorita, Caught Mareep, Hoothoot, Beat Falkner, Bugsy and Whitney, Currently heading to Ecruteak CIty whilst training along the way.
Team:-
*Bayleef Lv:30
*Ampharos Lv:32
*Noctowl Lv:29
Btw love all the new graphics

ElegyCity

Do we get ice cream?
Since last update I have:

-Found and battled Eusine, Electrode nearly ko'd my Butterfree with Thunder (not expecting that).
-Got the medicine for the lighthouse Ampharos and delivered it.
-Went up against Jasmine (she is far too easy).
-Went back and did the Bug Catching Contest again and won a new stone.
-Did a lot of fishing in places with the Good rod to catch some new dex entries.
-Played the pokethlon games for a while.
-Trained team up a few levels.
-Still trying to find another member for my team, may just stick with 5 if nothing pops up.

chiiiodos

PokeGirl :)
Currently I have caught about 30-40 Pokemon in the past 24 hours. Simply trying to get as many Pokemon as I can Japanese so hopefully people will want to trade online for strong Japanese Pokemon, considering I dont have ANY shinys to offer. Pokemon are still far too weak to try to challenge Red, so it's more training and more calling the Gym Leaders for me...

Also I got another version of SoulSilver with a semi-English patch on my R4. I was thinking of starting a brand new game on this one and doing a YouTube Walkthrough with it, I have never done anything like that before. What do you guys think?

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
[http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F2151F90802558F4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL]Pokemon HeartGold Videos[/url]
My newest video series captures some of the highlights of my journey through Johto and Kanto. I put special emphasis on boss battles.

Currently, I have 80 clips portraying the sequence of battles that ultimately leads to me beating the game. The series will end probably when I defeat Red.

My current progress? I'm recording my battle against Brock. His Omastar is a toughie - he used Ancient Power and got a stat boost. The next turn, Brock used a Full Restore.

I caught Ho-Oh and Latias, and I first used Ho-Oh in my battle with Erika after her Pokemon used Sleep Powder on my Feraligatr.

EDIT: Omastar just used Ancient Power again and got a crit. Seriously, since when was Brock lucky? (Well, maybe that one time when Croagunk went missing...)

i got my charizard to level 60 and found out that ampharos don't really fit into my team because i find too slow despite its good movepool and sp.attk.

after half a day's work, i finally caught entei and now gonna get raikou since i've false swiped them.

i've got mewtwo, the 3 birds, 2 dogs now and ho-oh and lugia. just short of raikou and i'll start catching latios/latias.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Since Yesterday I have
Beat Lance at the Slowpoke well
Beat Bugsy
Beat Rival in Azalea town
Got throught the Ilek Forest
Reached Goldenrod
Competed in the Bug Catching Contest caught a Beedrill and still only won a Shed Shell
Caught a Nidoran Male
Evolved Nidoran Male into Nidorino
Caught a Abra
Evolved Abra into Kadabra
Took on the Goldenrod Gym
Beat Whitney
My Team currently
Hydro the Croconaw lvl 24
Ice Fang
Water Gun
Bite
Headbutt

Air the Pidgeotto lvl 24
Tackle
Gust
Twister
Quick Attack

Ares the Nidorino lvl 23
Horn Attack
Poison Sting
Peck
Double Kick

Mind the Kadabra lvl 22
Confusion
Disable
Teleport
Miricle Eye

Illusione-Tempus

- Beat Sabrina
- Beat Erika
- Beat Janine (that's her name? =/)
- Beat Brock
- Got Janine's Phone Number "accidentally"
- Beat Blaine
- Beat Blue, or Gary, or.. whatever I want to call him :3

16 Badges I have earned, now to defeat Red and get myself those starters! (ouch)

Cassiel

Goddess of Mischief
- trained vulpix and captured a sunkern.
- beaten whitney, her miltank is such a bugger >.>;
- went further and defeated the sudowoodo
- arrived on ecruteak city.
- went to the burned tower, beaten the rival.
- encountered raikou two times but i haven't done anything with it. just damaged it a little, then it ran away.
- 1st attempt to fight morty: the move curse annoys me >___>
- 2nd attempt: made my pokemon stronger but still failed. gengar's shadow ball's damage is too big.
- currently trying to evolve flaafy and croconaw.

Croconaw
- Headbutt (from the move tutor in Ilex Forest)
- Ice Fang
- Surf
- Bite

Pidgeotto
- Twister
- Quick Attack
- Gust
- Sand Attack
(i actually thought the pidgey's line moveset is better in previous generations.)

Flaafy
- Tackle
- Charge
- Thundershock
- Thunder Wave

Vulpix
- Safeguard
- Confuse Ray
- Flamethrower
- Quick Attack

Jessie_James

I have returned!
took some Pokemon off my walker: Sunkern, Poliwag and Psyduck got a Staryu last night :D

Getting prepared for frist gym badge

Group:
Rattata, Cyndaquil, Pikachu (Shock Wave and Flail), Psyduck, Spearow and Bellsprout

I do have the Pikachu Forest in walker

Uysl

GIMME A HUG
My Soul Silver finally came yesterday!

So far, I've...

-chose Totodile as my starter.
-got the egg
-Defeated the rival, whom I named Asch
-returned the egg to Elm
-rushed to Violet City, levelling my Totodile on the way
-made it to Violet City
-Just finished Sprout Tower

I'm trying to finish the game without the Walker, surprisingly.

My current team: Totodile level 15

Last edited:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Well, my Heart Gold arrived, albeit two days behind schedule. Naturally, I started with Totodile. Did the whole Cherrygrove thing, and was delighted to find out you can have the running shoes selected so you don't have to press B to run. Got the Pokédex, and beat my Rival. Upon making it back to Cherrygrove, I traded in my Movie Arceus and PCP. Immediately when I got to Violet, I went and did the Shinto Ruins event. I'm loving my new Giratina, who's leveling up like a weed. I sent my Movie Arceus into the Pokéwalker, because, well its the only extra Pokemon I had. I nabbed a Pidgey from it, which I may end up using.

Current team:
Totodile(M) Lv.9
Giratina(U) Lv.4
Pidgey(M) Lv.5
Caterpie(M) Lv.3
Bellsprout(M) Lv.3

Status
Not open for further replies.