• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaruLatz

GUREITO!
I caught Mewtwo, Moltres and finally Zapdos since last time! I've also been trying to catch Latios, but no dice yet! Have been close quite a few times, though. I've been taking my Pokéwalker to school, too, to gather some steps and watts and stuff, but I still haven't managed to get a rare Pikachu. :/ Unless you count a flailing one rare. Then I got plenty of those!

I managed to get the frontier symbol from the battle tower, but then I lost the 22nd battle. I spent the next 5 or so trying to get past 21 but no luck. The other night, I managed to get to 28, though! However, not even in emerald, have I been able to make it to 35, and that continues today, where I lost my 34th battle. Seems I'll be stuck with a Purple trainer card for a while. Though, I could try to fill my Pokédex but that may or may not take even longer. Oh well. Will try for Latios and Articuno later tonight.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Today:

-I went to Olivine and got Jasmine's number. Then I went to visit Amphy for no apparent reason.
-Called her and had my rematch in Saffron. It was quite an easy match. Steelix fell quickly.
-Flew to Pewter and got Brock's number in Diglett's Cave.
-Saved the game and returned an hour later when it was night. I fought Chuck in Saffron.
-Transferred a Pikachu from Walker onto the game.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
It feels like ages since I updated my recent happenings last, and yet, I didn't get very far. I don't get to play a lot really. Between work and gym and my recent Pampered Chef Catalog party, there hasn't been much time. It's come down to me playing while I play games on Facebook (Yoville and Farmville, FYI). Anyway:

• Forgot to mention in my last update that Batty got his first Shining Leaf while levelling up.
  • Caught the Sudowoodo. Got a female first shot, so I didn't bother SR'ing for a better nature...one of these playthroughs I'll use one.
  • Got a few more photos taken. I could never find the guy until I got to Goldenrod and took my first pic in TR clothes. I wonder if that activates it?
  • Delivered the Spearow to the guy on Rt 31.
  • Walked around the block of land (Violet City -> Azalea Town -> Goldenrod) collecting Apricorns. Not leaving any with Kurt for the time being because it's too much of a PITA to go pick them up without Fly.
  • I tried my hand at the bug catching contest. SR'd a few times to see if I could win, but I couldn't. I couldn't even win with a Pinsir...wtf.
  • Tried those double battles before Ecruteak. Holy crap I thought they were kind of hard!
  • Explored Ecruteak a bit before I started training. Most of my team was below level 20. The wild Pokemon levels in this game suck.
  • Burnt Tower goodness. Paul, Eusine, Morty, and the dogs. I thought the Burnt Tower was much harder in GSC...weird.
  • Got Surf...thank god...now Syah is becoming more useful.
  • Evolution! Batty -> Golbat
  • Battled Morty. Syah vs Gastly; Swine vs Haunter; Quill vs Haunter; Batty vs Gengar - won

As of last night, my team:

Quill the Quilava - 24 Mild
Swine the Swinub - 23 Brave
Syah the Wooper - 24 Quirky
Beacn the Flaaffy - 22 Quiet
Batty the Golbat - 23 Jolly

HMs the Furret - 15

Goals: Bug Contest sometime today. Get another pic or two taken before Batty evolves. I'd like to do so to have some kind of progression going. Coming up on Rt 39 where I can get Quill his Shining Leaves. And train, train, train!

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Well, its offical: Five Lv.52 Pokémon and one Lv.50 can defeat the Kanto Gyms. Anywho, I have beaten all of the Kanto Gyms, with thanks to my team, the trainers of Kanto(Some of which had horribly underleveled Pokémon), and a large amount of Revives:p. I was made to find out that you have to beat Misty before Suicune'll appear on Route 25, but after having to reset once, I managed to catch it, leaving Entei as the only one of the trio that is still not in my possesion. Got the Silver Wing in Pewter City, but I'm waiting to battle Lugia until after I kick a certain someone's *** all the way back to Pallet Town. Immediately after beating Green(Even before healing), I flew to Celadon City to pick up my new favorite item: The GB Player. It was awesome hearing the old music on the DS. Since the only person left that'll actually pose a huge challenge is Red, I'm training my team to around 75ish(Its about freaking time I evolved Pupitar >_>). Oh, and I managed to win the bug catching contest with a Lv.34 Silcoon that I figured wouldn't get me first place, or any place for that matter).

Current Team:
Feraligatr(M) Lv.52
Giratina(U) Lv.52
Ampharos(M) Lv.52
Scizor(M) Lv.52
Pupitar(F) Lv.52
Ho-oh(U) Lv.51

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
Well I beat the E4 and now have two trainer card stars.

the pokethlon one is surprisingly easy, I love the shrine to me.

I currently have 12 badges, all johto and the first 4 kanto (brock, misty, surge, erika.)

my highest level is 55, my dragonite, pikachu, ninetails, and feraligatr. I also have a lv54 Lugia, and a lv50 furret. next I'll go after janine, and onwards with defeating every trainer in kanto. I love the change of all the battle music for kanto, makes it seem like a brand new game compared to the first half.

R35

Caught the Red Gyarados for the 9th time. I`m trying to get Adamant nature; it is becoming seemingly impossible for me.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Today:

-Caught a Pikachu in Viridian Forest, level 4 female.
-Went and got Bugsy's phone number. Called him as soon as I left the forest.
-Went to Saffron to battle Bugsy in a rematch. I won easily thanks to Typhlosion.
-Went to heal my team and then I went to Celadon to play at the Game Corner. Bought several coins so I could purchase a Porygon.
-Caught a Muk in the pond in Celadon.

R35

hey i dont own HG or SS but if you want to get an adamant nature just get a pokemon with an adamant that knows synchronize!

50percent of the time the encountered pokemon will also have the adamant nature

Oh...Wow, thanks a lot! I'll try that, but I think it'll be just as difficult as trying to get a..say...Abra with both Sync. and adamant nature. >_<

Thanks though, I will be sure to try that in a bit.

rocky505

Oh...Wow, thanks a lot! I'll try that, but I think it'll be just as difficult as trying to get a..say...Abra with both Sync. and adamant nature. >_<

Thanks though, I will be sure to try that in a bit.
Just SR at the Goldenrod game corner.

Anyway been trying for hours to get a rare Pikachu all I got was a flailing Pika though. Just swept Jasmine and I'm at the Safari Zone catching things now.

Team:
Feraligatr LV 32
Yanma LV 30
Metang LV26
Aerodactyl LV 24

mario_128

Well i spent about 2 hours trying to catch a misdreveous in the safari zone. then headed to goldenrod to the radio tower to smash team rocket. currently i am heading to blackthorne city. Did anyone else lol at the rocket antenna in mahoganny.

Team

Typhlosion Lv36
Seadra Lv 35
Pichu Lv30
Misdreveous Lv 25
Scizor Lv 28
Pidgey Lv 14 [LOL]

rocky505

Finally got a surfchu along with a light ball only thing that sucks is that it's adamant nature. I'm currently going through the Mahogany Rocket Base and sweeping everything with Aero so it can get better.

R35

-Currently sweeping the Rocket base with Gyarados.
-I'm getting stuck and can't find where to go
-Training my severely under leveled Pidgeotto >_<

-Aaaaand deciding which Pokes I should next add to my party.

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
Long time no see. Until last time where I got the GB Music Player I backtracked some Rock Climb locations. Of course catching legendarys now have 2 dogs(entei missing) the 3 birds and uh yeah still need to get my hands on Latias and Lugia. Also got the first place in a post-Nationaldex bug catching contest and won a Fire stone.
My last archievement was defeating read so I could activate the real last postgame events like Kanto starters and Kyogre.

sunny13

Proud Importer of HG
- Beat the Elite 4! It was too easy... really, I hardly used all of my pokemon. I don't think I even used Ho-oh or Macargo very much at all... I had some trouble with Lance, but I got through! I think this may be the first time [since Ruby] that I beat the E4 with no trouble on the first try. Uh.
- Got the ticket to Kanto. Once I get through my school work, I am going!!

Ginji

Hmm
After a day and half of SRing I finally got a shiny lugia, too bad it has a useless nature. Now im going to get a lapras.

kanto seems preety abandoned. iuunno, i just beated Erika, i think (the grass gym leader). now reached cerulean, and still, everything is so empty here. =[

ree

>.>
-started out as a boy trainer named Gold✩ with a cyndaquil

-caught a pidgey, rattata, spearow, metapod, sentret, and a bellsprout.

-beat sprout tower

-beat falkner

-traded bellsprout for onix

-caught wooper

-beat bugsy. :)

Chris-kun

i still believe
I've beaten all the gyms in the game, and got most of the gym leaders numbers. I rematched Falkner, Bugsy and Pryce already. Got the GB Player, plan to rematch the rest of the gym leaders, and then go through the E4 again before I go after Red. I managed to catch Ho-oh, Suicune, Raikou, Mewtwo and Lugia, need to respawn Zapdos (and hopefully Entei, but I fear because it's a runner I killed it for good), and find Articuno and Moltres. Then I'll go after Red.

I also decided that my Jumpluff was too frail, I've decided to train up a Sunflora. She's halfway to the team's levels.

The Team:
;157; LVL. 59
;181; LVL. 59
;080; LVL. 60
;230; LVL. 60
;248; LVL. 60
;192; LVL. 30

Status
Not open for further replies.