• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuku-oni

Baka Akuma
I beat Whitney without the help of Pineman~ Turns out, if you have a Gastly that knows Hypnosis and Curse, you're set. Also, Aila evolved into Togetic. 8D I'm so proud~ After I got the Plain badge, I tried out the Pokethlon place and failed miserably at it. Well, next thing to do is level up Aila and Lucius to level 20 - I'm going to take Pineman out of my team, too. He's not really worth using.

Naraku

Speed Trainer
Flew through the elite four easy. Ive made my way to lance and saved there. Got a few full restores and hyper potions and revives left. Also some ethers for my feraligatr's blizzard for those dragonites. got my ampharos prepared for the gyarodos for the first round and got some x accuracys ready also for feraligatr's blizzards and a quick claw that may come in handy.

i think ill be fine.

windiebird

Rocket Admin
I'm in Kanto and I just beat Sabrina! Going back to Johto for the Bug Catching contest and the Saturday Bug Catching Contest. I swear I'm going to win this one!

v Solstice x

I'm an Anteater!!
Currently battling Entei. I used Block from Snorlax so he cant escape. Now Im spamming Ultra Balls. If I hurt him again he will faint.

iLoveDratinis

Dragons galore!
I didnt battle enough so now im at blackthorn with mostly lower lvs i have a:
Pichu 35 suckish hp.
typhlosion 41 gyarados will destroy him
gyarados 33
pidgeotto 34
and a krabby as my hm slave.. 22

Vuro

Arting Wanderist
I didnt battle enough so now im at blackthorn with mostly lower lvs i have a:
Pichu 35 suckish hp.
typhlosion 41 gyarados will destroy him
gyarados 33
pidgeotto 34
and a krabby as my hm slave.. 22

...Wow, your team really is in bad shape. :/ Did you skip battles, or just focus on training your Typhlosion?

I highly suggest finding an ice type back at the Ice Path and grind like you never have before to at least stand up against the dual Dragonair. As for Gyarados and Kingdra, you might want to find another electric type to team up with your Pichu. I know the Mareep line is very overused at this point, but you'll probably need it until you find better teammates.

v Solstice x

I'm an Anteater!!
Does that mean he doesn't frighten your Pokemon away with he whole Roar ******** anymore? =D
Yes. He tried using Roar but it failed but also you cant switch out Snorlax. Its either because of Block or because I was in his Fire Spins vortex. But I doubt its because of that.

Back on Topic-

Edit: After I ran out of Ultra Balls and Great Balls I ran away. Next I tried for Raikou but I forgot to buy balls. I ran into him used Block, then Crunch once. I go to my bag to see all I have left are Lure Balls. Balls that catch Pokemon you fish for more easier. I throw one for the heck of it and catch it on my first try. I'm so happy. I nicknamed him Thor.

Last edited:

MrAwesome

<Insert brain here>
I got to the top of Mt. Silver. I found Red, the strongest trainer in ANY Pokemon game.

My team was: Dragonite, LV72 (Leveled up after defeating Pikachu)
Salamence: Level71
Dragonair: Level35 (Had an EXP share)
Kingdra, Level35
Meganium, Level35
Lapras, LV26.

Okay, so I didn't have my A-team. Bad idea. I underestimated him.

My dragonite destroyed his Pikachu, but only because the Recoil from his Volt Tackle took half his HP. Outrage finished it.

His Lapras knew Blizzard. In Hail, blizzard never fails. That Lapras demolished my Dragon-team... I finally got rid of it, only to find out his Snorlax ALSO knew blizzard.

I used my Salamence to half the Snorlxax's HP, and used Outrage to finish it.

Next he used his Charizard... I only had Dragonite alive, and he had 124 HP. CHarizard used Dragon Pulse, and finished me.

Am I done yet?! Heck no! I'm going to train in Mt. Silver as Red did. EVerytime I go back up to fight him, I'll be stronger! I will defeat Red, no matter what!

goinGreen

&lt;-I herd u Liek me?
Well, I got the game today. I started with a Chicorita, soft-reset until I could get one with a Modest Nature. I caught a Pidgey, a Sentret, a Spearow, and Geodude, and a Caterpie. I was training my Chicorita to level 12 when I found a shiny Caterpie! It was only an hour into the game! I caught it, and I'm raising it now. I'm almost at Violet City, I plan to catch one more pokemon before then, not sure which one though.

Current party:
Chicorita Lv. 12/Modest {Good}/Razor Leaf, Tackle, Synthesis, Poisonpowder
Caterpie Lv. 5 [Shiny]/Hardy {Eww...}/Tackle, String Shot

Current Location: Dark Cave

NoirTHECHA

Son Of Godric!!!
I am having a really hard time with the elite four(1st time). My whole team is at lower 40's
meganium
ampharos
nidoqueen
qwilfish
pupitar
xatu

MareBear

Continued from last post:

- Leveled up my Pokemon a bit then went in to face Morty.
- Battle was easy, again. I'm sorta disappointed at how easy the Gym leaders are. Still, it might just be me. Anyway, my Kadabra took care of most of his Pokemon. I ended up using Kangaskhan for the battle with Gengar 'cause of her Scrappy ability which allows her to hit Ghost type Pokemon. That was the toughest of the four Pokemon he had but the battle with him was relatively easy all together.
- Taught Kangaskhan Surf for now. Once I get my Lapras later in the game, I'll teach her a better move. As of now, she's still my HM Slave but she's come up big in some cases in battles.
- Healed then left for Routes 38 and 39.
- Before I left I checked the map on the PokeGear and saw that Raikou was just to the right of Ecruteak City on Route 42. I didn't even try to capture him, I just wanted to see what they were like. After beating the Elite Four, I'm definitely going to capture these guys though.
- Battled the trainers on Route 38 and got to Moomoo Farm, where I gave the Miltank 4 Oran Berries. I have some planted in the Berry Planter as of now which I will go deliver once I pick them.
- Got to Olivine City and met Silver again. He's really starting to annoy me but still hasn't beaten me yet.
- Explored the city then headed to the Lighthouse. Battled trainers and made it up to see Jasmine and the sick Ampharos.
- Left Olivine for Cianwood City via Routes 40 and 41. Battled the trainers there while collecting the items around there.
- Got to Cianwood and took a look around the city. Obtained the SecretPotion from the Pharmacy.
- Saw Suicune then battled Eusine. Thankfully I had my level 29 Umbreon or that battle could have gotten pretty messy. Still another pretty easy battle under my belt.
- Ended up realizing I was underleveled for Chuck so I trained on Routes 40 and 41 while getting the rest of the trainers I skipped over on my first pass.
- After grinding levels for a little bit, I took on the trainers in the Gym to hopefully gain another level or two. Kadabra leveled up but no one else did.
- Took on Chuck and yes, it was another very easy battle. I started off with Kadabra, who took his Primeape down easily. He used a Hyper Potion on him before I could finish him off the first time but he went down within two more hits from Confusion. Switched to Flaaffy for his Poliwrath. I was able to get two hits in with ThunderShock but that didn't even get him down to orange yet and he took me out with Body Slam. I then put in my Pidgeotto and used Pluck, which I obtained from Route 40, and stole the Sitrus Berry. Abused Pluck for awhile to stop Poliwrath from using Focus Punch. It didn't take long though for his health to go down and Chuck again used a Hyper Potion. Still, I was able to knock Poliwrath without much trouble.
- Got my 5th badge and taught Pidgetto to use Fly.

Current Team:
- Quilava (Docile) Level 27: Ember, Flame Wheel, Tackle, Quick Attack
- Pidgeotto (Hardy) Level 28: Fly, Pluck, Twister, Quick Attack
- Flaaffy (Bold) Level 27: Tackle, ThunderShock, ThunderWave, Charge
- Kangaskhan (Adamant) Level 27: Headbutt, Cut, Surf, Rock Smash
- Kadabra (Timid) Level 28: Confusion, Psybeam, Reflect, Rest
- Umbreon (Bold) Level 30: Return, Confuse Ray, Bite, Toxic

Currently: Flying back to Olivine City and giving the SecretPotion to Jasmine.

What's up next: Going to battle Jasmine for my 6th badge and maybe leveling up beforehand, just to be safe. Then to Mahogany Town and my 7th badge!

RuinsofPoli

Goodbye... DP
Just got to Saffron City and beat Sabrina with,

Lv 50 Feraligatr
Lv 46 Pidgeot
Lv 48 Espeon
Lv 43 Amhparos
Lv 44 Ursaring
Lv 42 Jumpluff

So, just 6 more badges to go... I'll probably have to grind a lot. :p

Torpoleon

Torp's Pokemon SoulSilver After Game Journey Part 20

Well, I did it. I grinded to LV 55 although it did take me a lot of hours to do. Brave Fly finally evolved into Dragonite as well and I taught it Fly. Now I am at Saffron City ready to head to Celadon City.

My Pokemon Team:
Torp Jr./Feraligatr LV 55
Surf
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Crunch

Fire Ball/Typhlosion LV 55
Flamethrower
Lava Plume
Swift
Headbutt

Tiny Leaf/Meganium LV 55
Magical Leaf
Petal Dance
Cut
Body Slam

Brave Fly/Dragonite LV 55
Fly
Dragon Pulse
Aqua Tail
Whirlpool

Electrify/Ampharos LV 55
Discharge
Iron Tail
Signal Beam
Flash

Bull-G/Granbull LV 55
Return
Strength
Focus Punch
Subtitute

Badges: 10

Expected in Part 21: Torp VS Erika

MrAwesome

<Insert brain here>
Dragonite as well and I taught it Fly.

The fact you taught a Dragonite fly greatly disturbs me :|

I've been grinding my Dragonair and Kingdra in Victory Road. Dragonair is now 40, Kingdra is 50. So far, my team is coming up well. My Dream Dragon team shall destroy Red. But for now, I still have a lot of grinding to do.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I battled Bugsy last night and he was as easy as I had hoped. Magnemite paralyzed Scyther with a Thundershock attack as the blade wielding mantis used Focus Energy. A Metal Sound and another Thundershock later, Scyther was defeated. Metapod and Kakuna were slaughtered without even getting the chance to land a single hit on Magnemite. I got a Hive Badge after Bugsy was defeated and left the gym. I fought my rival after the gym battle. Totodile took out Gastly and Zubat while Nidorino defeated Bayleef. My Totodile evolved after the battle and I took off to Ilex Forest following that. I am now in Goldenrod City preparing for today's Bug Catching Contest as well as the third gym.

My Team
;159; Lv. 19 Brave
;033; Lv. 19 Adamant
;081; Lv. 18 Serious

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
HeartGold GET.

I am so behind on everyone. I did the typical newbie stuff. Got the pokedex, got five pokeballs, etc. Instead of keeping one or two pokemon overleveled all the time, I'm training them all at the same time. And only training a few, overleveled Pokemon (less to worry about). I only have a Totodile (Lv. 9) and a Pidgey (Lv. 5) and I don't plan on catching any more Pokemon for a while.

bleeding-chocobo

On Cloud Nine
Just beat Bugsy and am going to face Silver (rival.)

Current team:

Bayleef | level 17

Pidegotto | level 20

Anyone have suggestions for new team members? I'm thinking of catching a Slowpoke.

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
I finally got my game this friday. It really is incredible!

Chose Totodile and I'm just wondering around all the cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.