• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor_

well... my game crashed and... i got a new 1..
of course I didnt had to pay, but still.... my old save file is gone :(
I sure hope I wont have to get a new 1 again..

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Just beat Bugsy and am going to face Silver (rival.)

Current team:

Bayleef | level 17

Pidegotto | level 20

Anyone have suggestions for new team members? I'm thinking of catching a Slowpoke.

Fine, as long as you don't mind it never going first.

Oh my God. I just realized Autumn stands a good chance of beating all the Kimono Girls singlehandedly! That's one Pokemon's training taken care of for the moment. Sure, she has a Modest nature, but with Dig, Seed Bomb, and X-Scissor, I bet I'll be just fine.

Random thought: there needs to be a hold item that revives a fainted Pokemon. I'm not even talking full strength, or even half, but maybe... 25 percent.

Current Team:
April (Feraligatr): Lv.38
Starscream (Fearow): Lv.33
Misa (Ampharos): Lv.35
Celsius (Magmar): Lv.33
Jango (Espeon): Lv.35
Autumn (Leafeon): Lv.33

Eight Badges, believe it or not. About to get the Master Ball and then fight the Kimono Girls.

Kuku-oni

Baka Akuma
Just caught the Sudowoodo that blocks the path to Ecruteak City. It's male and has the Jolly nature. -cheers- I named it "Weird Tree". xD

Torpoleon

Torp's Pokemon SoulSilver After Game Journey Part 21

The fact you taught a Dragonite fly greatly disturbs me :|
Well I do need Fly and I just can't keep switching to my Pidgey. Dragonite is good with Attack and gets STAB from Fly. Whatever, it's my game not yours.

Torp VS Erika
Fire Ball VS Jumpluff(Fire Ball wins and is recalled)
Brave Fly VS Tangela(Brave Fly wins)
Brave Fly VS Victreebel(Brave Fly wins and is recalled)
Fire Ball VS Bellossem(Fire Ball wins)

My Pokemon Team:
Torp Jr./Feraligatr LV 56
Surf
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Crunch

Fire Ball/Typhlosion LV 56
Flamethrower
Lava Plume
Swift
Headbutt

Tiny Leaf/Meganium LV 55
Magical Leaf
Petal Dance
Cut
Body Slam

Brave Fly/Dragonite LV 55
Dragon Pulse
Fly
Aqua Tail
Whirlpool

Electrify/Ampharos LV 55
Discharge
Signal Beam
Iron Tail
Flash

Bull-G/Granbull LV 55
Return
Strength
Focus Punch
Substitute

Badges: 11

Expected in Part 22: Torp VS Misty

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I didn't do much but on Heartgold I beat the rockets in the slowpoke well and Axel evolved into quilava by beating the bug catcher with the weedle evolution line. Nw to get them to lv 16 for Bugsy.

SmartD

I've been leveling up my Pokemon for the Pokemon League. While I was leveling up, I tried out the Pokeathlon, came almost close. Then I searched for Shiny Leafs on my Pokemon. So far, so good.

Sunsurge

.:Judgement:.
Hahah! <33 this game. So...I'm very selective on what Pokemon I like, and have in my party, so it's always hard for me to choose 6. And it so happens I had ALL the pokemon I like from Johto and Kanto except for the starters. So I chose Feraligatr and had one pokemon ALL game, until my little brother finally managed to get to the breeding center and breed me a Typhlosion and Meganium.

Soo...recently...last night, I beat the ENTIRE Elite Four with ONE pokemon. My level 65 (started off 62) Feraligatr. And I didn't use any revives, and only two potions, two super potions and one Full Restore! Haha! I was pretty happy. Now off to training my Typhlosion (lv. 37) and Meganium (lv. 36). Maybe they can pwn like my Feraligatr does! XD

It knows, Slash, Crunch, Aqua Tail, and Ice Fang. XD

Araleon

Chill
So, today I got my copy of HeartGold in the mail.

Woo!

It was a welcome end to my day after my Band performance today.

Now, at the very beginning of the game, I faced a terrible decision: what starter to choose. I really like all of the Johto starters, and at first I went with trying to find a female Chikorita as homage to my original copy of Gold. However, I was debating between it and Typhlosion.

In the end, after much deliberation, I chose... Totodile! I remembered how much fun Crystal was with Totodile, and chose him. Then I planned out my team, acordingly. No spoilers though, anyone who reads my posts (if anyone) will have to read and find out.

So I went through the whole opening sequence (which was awesome. I like how enthusiastic Lyra is, and the moving of Elm's family to above his lab.) and chose my Totodile. He is a male I named Donald, after Donald Duck. he has a rash nature, too. It suits.

I traversed to Mr. Pokemon's house, met Professor Oak, got my Pokedex, got the Mystery Egg, got the distress call from Elm (nice touch having Donald wanting to go to the lab too), and bumped into this passerby boy on my way home.

Donald (.evel 8) crushed his Chikorita (level 5) with Rage.

I got to the lab, learned of the Pokemon theft, and was saved from being arrested thanks to Lyra. I told the Police Officer the boy's name (Silver), gave Elm the egg, and told my Mom I was going to begin my journey. She decided she wants to save my money for me.

Now I'm on my way to Violet city, where I know the first gym lies.

Till next time.

Party:

;158; Donald the Totodile
Level 8
Nature: Rash
Moveset:
Scratch
Leer
Water Gun
Rage

12Medbe

Here's my Main Team So far

Feraligatr: Level 78
Nature: Relaxed

Aqua Tail
Ice Fang
Surg
Crunch

Ampharos: Level 62
Nature: Impish

Focus Blast
Thunder Punch
Thunder Wave
Strength

Steelix: Level 44
Nature: Brave

Cut
DragonBreath
Curse
Iron Tail

Lugia: Level 62
Nature: Hasty

Shadow Ball
Fly
Hydro Pump
Aeroblast

Squirtle: Level 16
Nature: Modest

Tackle
Bite
Ice Beam
Water Gun

Other Party Members, In-Box

Snorlax: Still Level 50
Careful Nature

Dragonair (The Extremespeed Draitini) (Lost Extremespeed after Daycare)
Level 30
Sassy Nature

Twister
Dragon Rage
Slam
Surf

Red Gyrados: Level 31
Lax Nature

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I am surfing route 40 right now, going up to Cianwood since Jasime told me too.
-Silver (Quilava) Lv.27
-Kermit (Poliwhirl) Lv.26
-Arrow (Fearow) Lv.26
-Mutton (Flaaffy) Lv.27
-Bismark (Exeggutor) Lv.26

I'm planning to get a Misdreveous next.

TSL

Mischievous.
I completely finished the Kanto storyline, and have been training against the Elite 4 to be able to battle Red. Current team is Lugia, Ampharos, Ninetales, Feraligatr, Espeon all in their mid 60s except Lugia who is late 50s. Bought a DS Lite earlier in the day so I'm enjoying myself on that. I'll be checking out the Kanto/Hoenn starters after Red for sure.

Cobalt_Latios

HeartGold GET.

I am so behind on everyone. I did the typical newbie stuff. Got the pokedex, got five pokeballs, etc. Instead of keeping one or two pokemon overleveled all the time, I'm training them all at the same time. And only training a few, overleveled Pokemon (less to worry about). I only have a Totodile (Lv. 9) and a Pidgey (Lv. 5) and I don't plan on catching any more Pokemon for a while.
At least get a Sentret and evolve it to Furret. A great HMSLAVE.

C_L

I actually beat the Elite Four on my first try today! I'm very happy. :)

I needed lots of revives and hyper potions, but that's because my team was very low-leveled. Most of my team was between levels 35-40 but I used my event lv. 50 Dragonite, who won it for me. I'm going to be put in the Hall of Fame now.

I do have a question, however. When I answered the questions for the Dratini and got my 8th badge, I used an escape rope before I could get the TM from Claire and the special Dratini. I went back to try and get what I missed, but it didn't really work. Can I still get the Dragon Pulse TM and special Dratini, or did I seriously screw up? :/

Double-oh-Platypus

Here's some somewhat interesting things since last time.

-Caught a Nidoran F
-Trained it forever
-Entered the Bug Catching contest and lost
-Nidoran F evolved
-Challenged Whitney and won
-Tried my luck at the Pokeathalon Dome and came in third.

Team:

Quilava, Noctowl, Flaaffy, Gloom, Poliwag and Nidorina

Janna

stay sweet
Jolteon | Modest | lv. 26
- Thundershock (to be replaced with Thunderbolt if I ever get enough coins... which I won't, or Shock Wave. So he's pretty much gonna suck when it comes to electric moves till Lt. Surge :/)
- Shadow Ball
- Headbutt (just a finisher/for trees)
- Sand Attack (will switch for Thunder Wave)

Meganium | Careful | lv. 42
- Razor Leaf
- Tackle (switching for Body Slam soon)
- Poisonpowder
- Synthesis (...? Dunno if I should keep this or switch for something else)

Lapras | Mild | lv. 27
- Surf
- Water Pulse (switching for something else eventually)
- Ice Shard (switching for Ice Beam)
- Body Slam (switching for Psychic eventually)

Just realized now how many moves Lapras can learn...

To get: Rapidash, Adamant nature to replace my Adamant Growlithe because I don't want to wait to get a Fire Stone for him.

Last edited:

Forever&Always

DanceInTheDark
Got all the missing Kanto badges which was everyone after Misty. Beat Ash and heavily grinded my team. Caught all the legendarys except the birds and mewtwo, with amazing natures just about. Raikou-Serious, Entei- Bashful, Suicune- Modest, Latias- Modest, Kyogre- Mild. And my extremespeed Dratini is quiet natured. Oh well, Ash was byfar my favorite battle. My torchic is naughty while my squirtle is hasty.

Jasper Kazai

Ice Cold Milk
Got my copy of SoulSilver a day earlier than I thought I would. My friend will probably be disappointed (we were planning on picking it up together), but I couldn't wait.

Started the game, chose Totodile, went through the whole starting rigamaroll, then as early as I could, traded it to Diamond.
Restarted, did the same with Chikorita.
Restarted for the third time, and this time for keeps. Chose Cyndaquil.
Went through the whole starting sequence again, and when I had the opportunity, caught 7 "trade fodder" Pokémon so I could trade the following from Diamond:
-Froslass
-Lucario
-Starly
-Ditto (for when I eventually start breeding)
-Magby (for when I eventually start hatching eggs)
-Pikachu-Colored Pichu, for later
-And Jirachi, for the PokéWalker course.
After I did all that, started to train them around Cherrygrove. Pretty soon, I was getting more bored than I thought I would with Lucario. Why? Because I had used a Lucario in my most recent playthrough of Diamond, which was not long ago. So I fired up Diamond again and bred a Croagunk to trade. Boxed Lucario, got Croagunk, now everything's fine.
Made my way to Violet City, breezed through Sprout Tower with a combination of Froslass, Cyndaquil, and Starly. Went to the gym, one-shot both of the trainers, and then went to face Falkner. Using Froslass, I discovered that she started to disobey me because she's traded. Still managed to one-shot Pidgey, though, and get Pidgeotto down to red health. Switched to Cyndaquil and finished off Pidgeotto. Got my badge, exited.
Collected the egg from the PokéMart (I had to call Prof. Elm again because I didn't read the first time, assuming that the egg would be in the PokéCenter just like old times). Boxed my team so I wouldn't lose Pokérus (yeah, I gave all the Pokémon I traded Pokérus from Diamond so I'd have a good time :)). Done until tomorrow.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
Finally got my English game in the male.
Chose Chikorita again (as I did in my Japanese Heart Gold and the Gold version of old), made it to Violet where I traded over a Marill egg, shiny Jigglypuff, and shiny Horsea to (eventually) use on my team.
Kicked Falkner out of the sky, made it to Azalea, embarrassed Team Rocket, and squashed Bugsy. My Pokemon are on par comparitively to what my team was in my Japanese Heart Gold in terms of levels at this point, so thats good =)
Currently I'm just outside of Goldenrod---
Team:
;152; Lancelot lv 21
;039; Biggly lv 21 (shiny)
;183; Myanmar lv 21

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.