• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
SoulSilver Journey Post 15

I managed to beat the five Kimono Girls and traveled to the Whirl Islands. At the bottom, I saw the ritual to summon Lugia and watched it fly out of the waterfall. I saved in front of Lugia and had the hardest time trying to get a Timid nature, but I did it (IVs are decent) Now I'm on my way to the Indigo Plateau.

Current Team:
;154; Leif Lv. 42 Miracle Seed
-Earthquake -Synthesis -Razor Leaf -Magical Leaf

;181; Voltage Lv. 42 Shell Bell
-Signal Beam -ThunderBolt -Discharge -Thunder Wave

;196; Kinetic Lv. 42 Amulet Coin
-Psybeam -Shadow Ball -Hidden Power Ice -Tail Whip

;212; Amalgam Lv. 42 Muscle Band
-U-Turn -Slash -Brick Break -Pursuit

;248; Gojira Lv. 56 Quick Claw
-Rock Slide -Earthquake -Crunch -Stone Edge

;227; Cybuster Lv. 42
-Steel Wing -Fly -Slash -Agility

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
Decided to restart SoulSilver, since I got my Strategy Guide (which is very helpful, btw!). Before that, I traded Shuppet and Ralts back to Platinum again so I could send them to SS after defeating Falkner (which I eventually did ^_~).

Yesterday:

- Named my female character Jupiter
- Chose Cyndaquil
- Later, I defeated my Rival (named him Silvio)
- Collected Apricorns (made especially sure to get the Green ones)
- Caught a few Sentret (raising one), Mareep, and a Bellsprout (traded for Onix in Violet City)
- Trained Mareep and Cyndaquil in the Sprout Tower.
- Falkner's Pokemon were no match for Mareep's Thundershock (I laughed when his Pidgeotto got Paralyzed!)
- Made my way back to Cherrygrove City so I could get two more Green Apricorns the next day (today).
- Egg hatched into Togepi, and I showed him to Professor Elm to get the Everstone.

Today:

- Got two more Green Apricorns as planned.
- Leveled up Sentret, Mareep, and Cyndaquil on Route 32 and Union Cave
- Mareep evolved into Flaaffy.
- Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava.
- Reached Azalea Town
- Defeated Proton and the Rocket Grunts in the Slowpoke Well (Ralts and Shuppet were so helpful there!).
- Gave my Green Apricorns to Kurt. Tomorrow, I'll use the Friend Balls to catch a few Zubat.
- Managed to defeat Bugsy. For some reason, Scyther didn't use U-Turn, and she was paralyzed from Flaaffy's Thunder Wave. Quilava took care of the rest...

Current team:
- Flaaffy (Quiet, female), Level 16
- Quilava (Brave, male), Level 18
- Shuppet* (Careful, male), Level 13
- Ralts* (Calm, female), Level 13
- Sentret (Rash, female), Level 10

I'm keeping Sentret at a level low enough so that I don't accidentally knock out any wild Pokemon I want to catch... like Zubat.

*Permanent member of the team. ^_^

Cobalt_Latios

Let's see...
- Battled some trainers on my way to Lavender Town.
- Attempt to get my radio card expansion... only to find out that I need to fix the Power Plant
- Got my levels to about level 50, challenged Lt. Surge
- After some nuissance from him using Double Team, I eventually beat him.
- Did some more Voltorb Flip, netting me some more coins
- Did a few rematches.
- Currently training my team to about level 52 before I take on Misty.

Team:
- Latios level 52
- Lugia level 50
- Typhlosion level 52
- Gyarados level 52
- Ampharos level 52
- Furret HMSLAVE/Raticate HMSLAVE

C_L

Dax-360

I ran into Blue on Cinnabar Island where he told me I wasent ready for him. Then went off to defeat Blaine. My Dragonair evolved into Dragonite during that match-up and I went on to defeat Blue. Now I am training at the Elite Four so I can go up Mt. Silver.

CURRENT TEAM:

Dragonite Lvl 55
Typhlosion Lvl 53
Starmie Lvl 51
Togekiss Lvl 51
Umbreon Lvl 52
Ampharos Lvl 53

Drako

Darkness Eternal
Just started last night. Currently I've just left Cherrygrove City with my Cyndaquail. I'm still trying to think of a different team to use instead of my old Gold lineup of cynda, pidgy and Mareep. I'll think of it. It took my like 15 mins just to name my character. That sucked. I just didn't want to name him anything...geez. Love the graphics, love the music. This game is gorgeous.

MareBear

Continued from last post:

- Flew to Olivine City and gave the SecretPotion to Jasmine.
- She left and I followed her to the Gym to battle her.
- This is where I ran into major trouble. I was terribly under-leveled for this fight and had no chance of beating her so I reset and went to train near the Safari Zone on Routes 47 and 48.
- Before training, I completed the first Owners Aptitude Test and looked around there a little. I'm very pleased with the Safari Zone and how big it is. I'm definitely spending some time in there after I beat the game.
- Trained my Pokemon up to level 31 and my Flaaffy evolved into an Ampharos along the way.
- Went back to face Jasmine again and beat her. The battle was definitely tougher than the others I have had but I was able to defeat her thanks to Quilava mostly.
- Flew back to Ecruteak City and took Route 42 to Mahogany Town.
- I skipped over Mt. Mortar for now but I'll come back to it before facing the Elite Four or maybe even before Blackthorn City.
- Made it to Mahogany Town and explored a little.
- Traveled up Route 43 to Lake of Rage while battling trainers and collecting items.
- Went to the Lake of Rage, where it started to rain. I surfed around the perimeter to grab the few items there. Then I saved and battled the Red Gyarados. I first fainted it with my Ampharos but then I reset and then caught it after one Thunder Punch which left it in the red. This is my first caught Shiny Pokemon besides the event Pichu but it doesn't count since it wasn't a random encounter. Anyway, I was still pleased.
- Got back to shore where I met with Lance and followed him back to the suspicious store which was really Team Rocket's hideout and the source of the annoying radio signal.
- Went down to the hideout and made it through easily. Executive Petrel didn't put up much of a fight and neither did Executive Ariana, probably because I was in the low thirties with most of my Pokemon.
- Shut down the transmitter and got Whirlpool from Lance.
- Before going over to battle Pryce, I traded my Kadabra over to Diamond to evolve him into Alakazam then brought him back over.
- Set off to battle Pryce for the Glacier Badge. That battle was easy as well since I started off with my Ampharos against his Seal then switched to Quilava for Piloswine then back to Ampharos to finish it off.
- Got my seventh badge and got the call from Professor Elm to head back to Goldenrod City. Then I received another call about the second test for the Safari Zone.

Current Team:
- Quilava (Docile) Level 34: Ember, Flame Wheel, Swift, Quick Attack
- Pidgeotto (Hardy) Level 33: Fly, Pluck, Twister, Quick Attack
- Ampharos (Bold) Level 33: ThunderShock, ThunderPunch, ThunderWave, Charge
- Kangaskhan (Adamant) Level 32: Headbutt, Cut, Surf, Rock Smash
- Alakazam (Timid) Level 33: Confusion, Psybeam, Reflect, Rest
- Umbreon (Bold) Level 33: Return, Confuse Ray, Bite, Toxic

Currently: Stocking up before heading over to Goldenrod.

What's up next: Defeating Team Rocket at the Radio Tower then back to training for my last gym badge.

Last edited:

zipzap713

@Peteyism
Switched Spiky-Eared Pichu out for the Shiny Pichu in my party. Went through Ice Cave. Defeated all Trainers in Union Cave. Defeated all trainers around Whirl Island. Just beat Clair at the 8th Gym. Now am in the Dragons Den, to obtain my badge. Team levels are between 33 and 36.

Cobalt_Latios

Switched Spiky-Eared Pichu out for the Shiny Pichu in my party. Went through Ice Cave. Defeated all Trainers in Union Cave. Defeated all trainers around Whirl Island. Just beat Clair at the 8th Gym. Now am in the Dragons Den, to obtain my badge. Team levels are between 33 and 36.
Dammit... I completely forgot to revisit Union Cave...

C_L

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
SoulSilver Journey Post 16

I traveled through Route 27 and 26 managing to get to Victory Road. I beat my rival who is my last trainer before the Elite Four. Now I'm ready to challenge the Elite Four.

Current Team:
;154; Leif Lv. 44 Miracle Seed
-Earthquake -Synthesis -Razor Leaf -Magical Leaf

;181; Voltage Lv. 44 Shell Bell
-Signal Beam -ThunderBolt -Discharge -Thunder Wave

;196; Kinetic Lv. 44 Amulet Coin
-Psybeam -Shadow Ball -Hidden Power Ice -Tail Whip

;212; Amalgam Lv. 44 Muscle Band
-U-Turn -Slash -Brick Break -Pursuit

;248; Gojira Lv. 56 Quick Claw
-Rock Slide -Earthquake -Crunch -Stone Edge

;227; Cybuster Lv. 44
-Steel Wing -Fly -Slash -Agility

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I cleared out TR out of the Radio Tower this morning, it was pretty easy except for Archer, his team was almost on par with my teams levels. I got the Silver Wing from the Director, and I think he made a pun about Fake Out... I tried to talk to him but he didn't mention it...

Afterwards I flew to Mahogany Town, and hit the road for Ice Cave. I beat the trainers along the way, got a few numbers and caught a Tangela. I entered Ice Cave, with my HM Slave Furret. The eyecatch for Ice Cave is so bad ***. Anyway, unlike GSC there are people in there now, not trainers but still people. I thought it was Cameron at first, but just turned out to be the previous owner of my shiny new HM Waterfall. I caught a Swinub, Delibird, and a Jynx in Ice Cave, found a few items, and a Kimono Girl in there, although she didn't say much o.0 Eventually I made it out.

I inspected the final Johto gym and to see how much updated it got, and I have to say I prefer the old one. It made more sense, I don't really know how the new one works, its weird. Not really a fan of the new Blackthorn, mainly because they crammed the Move Deleter, Move Relearner, Draco Meteor and Elemental Hyper Beam tutors all into one house.

I am currently training for the final Gym by calling trainers on the PokeGear for rematches, so far not as bad as I thought. The VS. Seeker is still superior, but as long as at least one trainer keeps rematching me, I'm fine for now.

Typhlosion level 45
Lanturn level 45
Sunflora level 44
Xatu level 43
Forretress level 43
Pupitar level 43

I want Pupitar to evolve soon -_-

centipede2000

I got the game friday and I've been playing pretty intensively since then. I named myself Mazarek (as a tribute to Ray Manzarek, the keyboardist of The Doors)
Anyways,

-I got the secret potion in Cyanwood... gave it to Amphy right away.
-Caught a Mantine because I wanted to see how it would look like when it's following me.
-Battled against Chuck and my whole team got knocked out by it's Poliwrath on my first try.
-Decided to train my Slowpoke a bit against wild tentacruels
-Destroyed Chuck's Poliwrath with my Slowpoke :D
-Messed around a bit in the newly accessible safari zone, caught a Larvitar for my team but I haven't started training it yet.
-Managed to evolve my Slowpoke into Slowking by using some trick at the GTS
-Returned to Safari Zone, caught a bunch of random pokemon.
-Beat Jasmine on my first try: Quilava killed the first Magnemite but got OHKOed by Steelix... Slowking took care of it :p
-Got a japanese electabuzz from the GTS for the Mantine I caught earlier. Gonna breed it for my team.

My current team:

Cinnabar (Quilava) lvl 26 (terrible moveset I know)
-Quick Attack
-Defense Curl
-Cut
-Flame Wheel

Mombacho (Larvitar) lvl 17
-Leer
-Sandstorm
-Screech
-Rock Throw

Neoscona (Ariados) lvl 25
-Dig
-Shadow Sneak
-Fury Swipe
-Night Shade

Lakota (Slowking) lvl 31
-Curse
-Yawn
-Confusion
-Surf

Easter (Togetic) lvl 28
-Fly
-Roost
-Extrasensory
-Metronome

So far, the hardest gym leaders for me were Whitney (curse you Miltank!) and Chuck (Poliwrath ><)

Last edited:

Wolgon

Crazy Crocodile Lady
I'm currently on Route 14, training up my Pokemon. When I tried to challenge Lt. Surge I found out the hard way that, though you beat the Elite 4 using level 41-44 pokemon and a lot of healing items, the Kanto gym leaders require a bit more. My current team is (Sorry for stretching the post. Spoiler box doesn't want to work for me.) :

Feraligatr, Level 48
Brave, Male
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch (Thank you Platinum!)
-Crunch
-Screech

Magmortar, Level 48
Rash, Male
-Flamethrower
-Thunderblot
-Psychic
-Confuse Ray

Raikou, Level 48
Modest, Genderless
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam (Shipped over my Platinum team to earn the BP.)
-Thunder Wave

Dragonair, Level 48
Adamant, Female
-Dragonbreath
-Aqua Tail
-Extremespeed
-Thunder Wave
(Will vastly improve moveset when she evolves to Dragonite.)

Dunsparce, Level 48
Adamant, Male
-Body Slam
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Yawn

And a few notes on recent events in my journey:
-Lt. Surge, if you don't stop using Double Team I swear to Arceus I will stab you in the forehead with a rusty spoon. And steal your sunglasses because, you know, they're awesome.
-So if you need all 16 badges to get the GB player, then how the heck did Ethan get one? Did he just look so pitiful Sound Man was forced to hand it over? Did that silly Marill mug him for one? WHAT?
-The Celadon slots are gone too? This greatly saddens me. :c
-Who in their right mind would train a Magikarp to level 65? How many hours were wasted on this fruitless endeavor? Random trainer, evolve your sushi and get a life.
-And while we're at it, I hate Pikachu. HATE them. Especially when I'm trying to train a pokemon with all psychical attacks. Static is not your friend. :p

Cobalt_Latios

And a few notes on recent events in my journey:
-Lt. Surge, if you don't stop using Double Team I swear to Arceus I will stab you in the forehead with a rusty spoon. And steal your sunglasses because, you know, they're awesome.
The irony of it all? Despite using that move all the time, that's not the TM you get... it's Shock Wave... which kind of raises an eyebrow.

Also, the only few attacks that never miss are of Electric, Fighting, Grass, Dark, and Fighting... so I guess Magical Leaf, Faint Attack or Aura Sphere could have made due with that...

-Who in their right mind would train a Magikarp to level 65? How many hours were wasted on this fruitless endeavor? Random trainer, evolve your sushi and get a life.
That was freakin' hilarious when I saw that.

C_L

Torpoleon

Torp's Pokemon SoulSilver After Game Journey Part 24

I caught the LV 50 Snorlax and named it Joe just randomly. It was quite easy to catch it. Level Balls make life easier. My friend also caught his Lugia in a Poke Ball.(He just told me to tell you guys that)

Afterwards, I got to Pewter City and battled the Gym Trainers and then Prot although I forgot how the battle went. Then, I battled Brock.

Torp VS Brock
Brave Fly beats all of Brock's Pokemon except Onix and then Bull-G beats Onix because of my training regime.

I also brought Brave Fly back to my friend's name to name it Brave Nite which is what her name was supposed to be.

My Pokemon Team:
Torp Jr./Feraligatr LV 62
Surf
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Crunch

Fire Ball/Typhlosion LV 62
Flamethrower
Eruption
Swift
Headbutt

Tiny Leaf/Meganium LV 62
Magical Leaf
Petal Dance
Cut
Body Slam

Brave Nite/Dragonite LV 62
Dragon Pulse
Fly
Aqua Tail
Whirlpool

Electrify/Ampharos LV 61
Discharge
Signal Beam
Power Gem
Flash

Bull-G/Granbull LV 61
Return
Strength
Focus Punch
Subtitute

Badges: 14

Expected in Part 25: Torp VS Blaine

Gelu

-Got to Kanto
-Beat all the gyms
-Found a Shiny Pidgey on Route 1, making it my first random encounter shiny Pokemon
-Currently training my small team of Feraligatr, Arcanine, and Ampharos around random routes

PsychoCyndaquil

Beat the Elite Four. Sam's Ice Fang was amazing, and froze three of Lance's pokemon. :3

I got the National Dex but I'm going to play around with the Safari Zone customization for a while before heading off to Kanto.

Team:
Sam (Feraligatr)- Lvl. 47
Lucy (Amphramos)- Lvl. 44
Remus (Growlithe)- Lvl. 42

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Still struggling with the Kimono Girls. I'm so desperately underleveled that I may just have to replace Celsius and Starscream with Ho-Oh. But I don't plan to take on the Elite Four seriously until everyone's level 45 (April will be level 50 because she's the Ice user), so there may not be a point. Plus I'd have to work forever on training a sixth Pokemon, so maybe not.

Forever&Always

DanceInTheDark
Well last night, as I said I caught every legend except for Mewtwo and Moltres. I allowed my brother to play, as I saved infront of Moltres. He caught it, and I couldn't. Thank God, I let him do that Moltres has a timid nature. *voice like the collector from Movie 2* Now, the missing piece to my collection is... Mewtwo.

I guess I want to start over, because my friend's getting the game and I wanna race him.

Onyx Umeki

Mrph...how impudent.
Garys gym hurts my eyes >.<....

After I beat him.. I might start over.

I kinda rushed the game because It was my new game and we all know what that is like....

I dunno...
I think I will most likely. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.