• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
-Started in Union Cave
-Caught a Bellsprout
-Cleared the Slowpoke Well sidequest
-Beat Bugsy easily, thanks to Geodude(tte)
-Got through Ilex Forest
-Played nonstop Voltorb Flip for 2 1/2 hours just to get a Dratini
-Beat Whitney (still hard!)
-Caught Scyther from the Bug Catching Contest
-Went to Olivine City for the Good Rod and caught Staryu
-Caught Sudowoodo
-Arrived in Ecruteak and beat the Rocket Grunt in the Dance Theater
-Cleared the Burned Tower and made Raikou and Entei roam around Johto
-Now training for Morty

;156; Quilava (Cynders) Lv. 21
;074; Geodude (Rocker) Lv. 22
;120; Staryu (Crystal) Lv. 22
;069; Bellsprout (Sammi) Lv. 20
;123; Scyther (Thera) Lv. 22
;147; Dratini (Kyra) Lv. 20

DarkerShining

Soul Silver: Beat Chuck and got the storm badge. Got the HM02 and taught it to Tippi (my Togetic), I was originally going to teach it to a Golbat/Crobat, but I've gotten rather attached to my Togetic, so he'll be the flyer, I guess. Went back to Olivine and gave the secretpotion to Jasmine who used it to heal Amphy. Tried to challenge Jasmine, but she beat me. Guess I need to train my Pokemon some more. Nebula (my Eevee) has evolved into Espeon.

(By the way, does anyone know where the move re-learner is?)

Blazing Charmander

I defeated Falkner in a pulsating match earlier today. My Pidgey was left at 1HP after beating Falkner's and missing TWICE with Tackle in the first two turns. Meanwhile, Totodile managed to whittle down a lot of Pidgeotto's HP before succumbing to it, thus giving Pidgey the ideal chance to use its newly learned Quick Attack in order to knock it out. I really rode my luck and even had to use a Potion on Totodile, but I enjoyed the battle so much that I feel that I earned the badge.

Since then I have picked up the Egg from Elm's Aide, met a Kimono Girl who had interesting things to say about it and progressed south and onwards to Azalea Town. Making a slight detour to the Ruins of Alph and catching an Unown, I also remembered that I needed to pick up Rock Smash from the guy to the west of Violet City, just like old times although he only used to reward you with it after moving Sudowoodo. Either way, I continued on to Route 32 and caught a Mareep and Bellsprout, the latter of which has become a team member. Kakuna also gained a wealth of experience on the Route, thus causing it to evolve after a wild battle against an Ekans right befor I picked up a Great Ball from the ground.

After taking care of the Bird Keeper outside Union Cave, I decided to break off for the time being in the Pokemon Centre where I also picked up an Old Rod and a couple of Lure Balls.

Rogue Striker G

We're watching you..
Well, it been quite a while since I posted on here. Anyways, I pretty much beat the Johto section of the game since the last time I posted. More recent events include barely beating Lt. Surge with my Feraligatr. EQ+Choicescarf lolz. Anyways I recently did the Power Plant fiasco. Currenlty on my way through the Rock Tunnel to get to Lavender town. Changed up my team a bit since last time too.

Currently:

Lvl 47 ;160; Typhon

EQ
Waterfall
Crunch
Ice Fang

Lvl 41 ;067; Brutus (I need to evolve him some how)

Strength
Cross Chop
Poison Jab
Rock Slide

Lvl 45 ;468; Hermes

Air Slash
Extrasensory
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower

Lvl 44 ;181; Hera

Signal Beam
Tbolt
Discharge
Focus Blast

Lvl 41 ;148; Atlas

Aqua Tail
Dragon Pulse
Tbolt
Ice Beam

Lvl 38 ;038; Hestia

Will o Wisp
Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse

Yes, all my pokemon are named after things in Greek Mythology

deanevangeliou

I got my Heart Gold 2 days ago and it's probably my favorite game ever!
I started off with Chikorita, and am now currently training for the 6th gym

Here's my team:

Meganium - Level 32
Ampharos - Level 31
Noctowl - Level 28
Ariados - Level 28
Growlithe - Level 28
Mantine - Level 26

I just caught my Mantine, and it hapenned to be shiny! I was freaking out cuz that was the first shiny i've ever seen. it was insane.

DSRGBA

Me and my sister are going at a slow pace (26 hours in and 5 badges). I was scared that before I started I would be overlevelled but consider my surprise when I find myself underlevelled when about to face Jasmine. (All 6 of my pokemon are at level 29 about to go against a lvl 35 Steelix) So I decided to postpone the battle with Jasmine for now and head to Mahogany town for the (strangely) weaker gym (anyone else done this?).

I am pleasantly surprised at the gym's difficulty. I had the most trouble with Chuck strangely enough.

Here is my team (lvl 29):

Quilava
Crobat (Astonished when it evolved one level after I got Golbat, I didnit even give it any haircuts or a soothe bell!!!)
Flaffy
Slowking (King's Rock from pokethlon today)
Heracross
Misdreavus (A late change to my team in place of Miltank)

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
(By the way, does anyone know where the move re-learner is?)

BlackThorn City, all of the move people were relocated into the same house for easy navigation (which I love, no more searching to get rid of Surf)

Anyway, after much focused training in the path to Mt. Silver, my Scizor grew to lvl 62, a whole 8 levels and now knowing iron head instead of slash. I'm thinking about getting rid of night slash, but the few types X-scissor aren't co-supereffective against may show up to haunt me. currently looking for an alternate move to replace it with, to no avail. I may just replace it with double team, it'd go so much better with Roost if i get low health.

After wiping out both my pokemon and my rival's pokemon, Lance and Clair both had to answer to my Ho-Oh, who barely scraped by. a few lucky criticals with ancientpower got rid of the thunder-using dragonite and left me against Lance's Charizard and Dragonite, who were luckily able to be fought separately. Considering my party's weakness to Dragon Types, I'm looking in to training my ES Dratini or maybe getting ahold of another, perhaps my 87 Rayquaza from Emerald.

Looking around for a Pokerus infected pokemon, if you have a low level one you could trade me thatd be great, I'll see what I have in my Diamond or SS that you could benefit from. A PM would be great, thanks.

pokequil123

i beat pryce pretty easily using quilava, poliwhirl and ampharos. i am now in the underground warehouse in which i have saved for today and i think im only going to use furret as a subsitute and use my eevee and sudowoodo when i go on to kanto
team
Typhlosion-40 ( i decide to evolve it at level 40 as i just realises typhlosion learns flamethrower at the same level as quilava)
Steelix-35
Ambipom-35
Ampharos-36
Togetic-36
Poliwhirl-36

box
sudowoodo- 25
eevee-26
furret-33
red garaydos-30
pinsir-13
caterpie-6
after school tommorow i will complete the radio tower and maybe grind my team for clair

Boomguy

Just defeated Morty and I'm on my way to Cainwood City my team conists of

Level 25, Quilava, Raticate, Crobat, Exeggutor and Chinchou. God I love the pokewalker helps me increase levels easier

Thanks to PBR mystery gift I get TMs for Ice Beam, Tbolt and Psychic easily and thus why I evolved my Exeggcute early. Although i missed Exeggcute following me because they are soo cute

Last edited:

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
I just beat red

the ending was epic!

ancient power Zapdos!

flare blitz Charizard!

BOOOM!

Double KO!

PomPom

Accio Aipom
As my brother DSRGBA said a few posts above, we are going at a slow pace. Not much else to add to what he has stated.

I was surprised to learn that my Pokémon have been infected with Pokérus. This is the second time this has happened out of the blue, the first time being in Diamond.

I got enough for a Fire Stone in the Pokéathlon today, so I'll be getting that on Tuesday for my Vulpix. Decided to wait until level 44 to elvolve it, though.

My team are all at level 29 at the moment. I'm hoping to get them to level 30 before I face Mahogany's gym, but I'll have to check with my brother - we're keeping all of our Pokémon at the same level.

Bayleef ('Natura')
Vulpix ('Incendiox')
(Traded from Platinum at the start of the game, seeing as how I've got HG, and a grass starter.)
Aipom ('Carmen')
(Thoroughly enjoying little Aipom following me!)
Umbreon ('Sirius')
Xatu ('Mentis')
Lanturn ('Lumoqua')

(Ten points to anyone who knows where these names came from!)

I don't like checking beforehand the levels of evolution, so Natu and Chinchou's evolutions came as a surprise. :)

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Axel evolved into typhlosian earlier. Hopefully Cloud will evolve into pidgeot soon while I'm battling the trainers in the blackthorn gym.

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
OMG this game is pure awesome XD

Only put it down to sleep XD (seriously :p) but been takin git slow... i.e grinding my levels up so i dont go through each gym too quickly....

So far i have just finished team rocket and got the silver wing :D

Poseidon (Feraligatr) 41
Hades (Houndoom) 41
Demeter (Leafeon) 41
Apollo (Ampharos) 41
Hermes (Noctowl) 41
Tauros (he is my HM slave) about 13????

Going to grind my pokes up to about 45 i think for the final gym and about 50 for the start of the league....

Whitneys miltank was the worst gym pokemon for me so far...effing attract!!!! after that it would be scyther with u-turn. Apart from that i pretty much 1hko the rest of the gym pokemon.... very easy :p and my rival has nothing on me XD

Oh and i won the bug catching contest yesterday with a lvl18 Caterpie :p 2nd and 3rd place were Scyther and Pinsir lol.

Oh (again) with the pokewalker... all i know is that i need lots of watts for rarer pokemon, and since ive just been sitting around platying it i attached the walker to my sock and just tapped/moved my foot up and down and got *
*** loads of steps XD

centipede2000

After getting beaten by Lance's first Dragonite, I decided that I needed to evolve my pupitar. I trained it from level 41 to 55 in victory road, battling wild gravelers, onix, donphans, rhyhorn and golbats which give between 400 and 800 exp. point each... Took about 2 hours and a half :p
I then trained my Slowking and Electabuzz to lvl 46 and I was finally ready to challenge the league again.
This time around, it went pretty well. Lance was pretty easy with my newly evolved Tyrannitar.

After entering the hall of fame, I headed to Kanto. Arrived at Vermilion, I went straight to the gym.
I made the mini quest of the power plant and I got Sabrina and Misty's badges.

Currently at: Pewter City -> gonna challenge Brock soon enough

Easter (Togetic) lvl 45
-Fly
-Roost
-Psychic
-Metronome
Mombacho (Tyrannitar) lvl 57
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
Lakota (Slowking) lvl 48
-Nasty Plot
-Avalanche
-Surf
-Psychic
Cinnabar (Typhlosion) lvl 47
-Strength
-Rollout
-Lava Plume
-Flamethrower
Leipzig (Electabuzz) lvl 50
-Low Kick
-Swift
-Light Screen
-Thunderbolt
-Neoscona (Ariados) lvl 46
-Dig
-Shadow Sneak
-Sludge Bomb
-Psychic

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I finally got everyone to level 40, except for April, who I got to level 45, and Misa, who I blew my two Rare Candies on so she could learn Signal Beam. In hindsight, I should've used one of them on Celsius so he could learn Flamethrower. Oh well, Lava Plume has a better chance of burning anyway. Oh, and I caught some Pokemon on the Pokewalker (couple Staryus and an Elekid).

Once I get to Indigo Plateau, I'm going to backtrack all the way to Blackthorn City (does the old man's Abra still Teleport you home?) to have April learn Agility. I think I have a plan in mind for Lance, but it's not exactly a good one. Now I'm starting to regret not using a Gengar. Oh well, maybe in SoulSilver.

Anyway, I plan on leading with Misa, who should Discharge his Gyarados no problem. From there, I'll sacrifice either Starscream or Autumn depending on whether he sends out Aerodactyl or Charizard. If he sends out one of his Dragonites, Starscream's going to scout whether it has Thunder or Fire Blast. Fire Blast means I send out April, Thunder means I'm screwed. But it's not all bad, since Fearow is faster than Dragonite and should be able to get off a Fly. Damn it, there's a use for Miltank! That too is definitely going in my SoulSilver team. You know what? I'll just wing it.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat Claire and am on my way to the elite 4. It's going to take awhile to get my team to lv 45 but I shall get there.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
After a few resets, I got a REALLY nice Suicune.

Bold
Somewhat Vain
31/x/31/10/31/x

Awesome.
Just awesome.

I've decided to reset my SS after I catch all the legends I need and clear it off of all important items.

The planned team is;

Meganium
Arcanine
Kingdra
Ampharos
Golem
Scizor

Should be a lot of fun, I have a random obsession to train a Golem...

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Oh kay, here we go!

~Made it through Union Cave
~Reached Azalea Town
~Dhiloro was intrigued by the fact that the rain completely stopped when he walked a step and when we took a step backwards it started raining again
~Explored Azalea Town
~Kurt ran away to save Slowpoke Well
~Ran away to Ilex Forest. Stepped on sticks.
~Decided to help the old Kurt defeat Team Rocket.
~Is Proton a guy or a girl?
~Beat Proton, the hermaphrodite, I suppose.
~Kurt's back mysteriously healed. He gave me a Quick Ball. Thanks old man.
~Beat the trainers in Bugsy's gym. Nice gym, it is.
~Lost to Bugsy, not once, not twice but three times "o_O I hate U-turn.
~Decided to train in Ilex Forest, but then Ashton attacked me. I lost.
~I battled Ashton again. That guy suffers from memory loss. He said the same things to me. Hoppip beat Bayleef all by itself. Totodile and Hoothoot beat Zubat and Gastly rspectively.
~Lost against Bugsy AGAIN.
~Togepi [Egbert] hatched.
~Used Arachno [Spinarak] and Egbert as sacrifices in the battle against Bugsy's U-turn. I eventually won~
~Sentret and Totodile both evolved.
~Put Arachno and Egbert in the PC

CURRENT TEAM:
-Jaws [Croconaw] - Level 18
-Tails [Furret] - Level 16
-Gusto [Hoothoot] - Level 16
-Cotton [Hoppip] - Level 16

@ Ilex Forest
Badges: Zephyr, Hive

Status
Not open for further replies.