• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
Brief overview of my game so far:
-Beat E4
-Beat Red
-Got Morty, Chuck, and Janine's numbers
-Got 2nd trainer card star by gettin the Golden Leaf Crown on Glitch (Porygon-Z)
-Got 3rd trainer card star by beating all 10 of the games records in Pokeathalon

My plans are to capture the remaining legendaries in my game, then work on completing my pokedex and getting a 100-win streak in the Battle Tower.

Pokedex: 289 Seen 61 Owned; I have most of the rest in Platinum ready to trade over.

Cara

Cara's Johto Journey Part 2

Last night I caught my Mareep, he was level 6 and Timid natured. I named him Apollo, after the Greek god of music, healing, plague, prophecies, poetry, archery and who is also associated with light, the truth and the sun.

So Apollo was added to my team, and I set about training him. Hephaestus reached level 14, and evolved. We travelled up the Sprout Tower, making quick work of the trainers. Once at the top we encountered Silver (rival), but he quickly left. After defeating the head monk/sage we obtained Flash and went to fight Falkner. During the battle with one of Falkner's trainers, Apollo evolved.

At this point I unlocked the 'Yellow Forest' route on my Pokewalker, and sent my Onix there. So far I have at least 12 Pikachus (no surfchus or flychus yet), so if anyone wants one, I'll be happy to give them away (they are they Flail/Helping Hand ones).

I ran through the Union Cave quickly, avoiding trainers to level up my Zubat on when I caught it. So I hopped down the Slowpoke Well, and after catching 10 zubats, I finally settled for a Naive natured one, whom I named Deimos. Deimos is a spirit of dread, fear and terror in Greek mythology.

Deimos proved to be a pain to train, but I'm hanging in there. On the way back up Union Cave, Togepi hatched. Although he's not a permanent member of my team we travelled back to New Bark Town to show Prof. Elm.

I saved in the Slowpoke Well, after defeating Team Rocket there I'll train my team up some more then challenge Bugsy.

Hephaestus -- Modest -- 16
Apollo -- Timid -- 16
Deimos -- Naive -- 12

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Just got Soul Silver today. Chose Cyndaquil and got myself a Geodude once I obtained the Pokeballs. Both are now around the 15-16 range (with Cyndaquil newly evolved into a Quilava) and I beat Falkner and I'm just about to enter Azalea Town. Along the way, I caught an Ekans, which remains a level 4 up to this point. I'm guessing that I'll level it up by fighting wild Pokemon, as the Trainers are too powerful for a level 4 now (and switching is too much of a hassle) and the wild Pokemon are still within its range. If I remember the original Silver well enough, I believe that I'll come into contact with the Slowpoke Well soon.

Chimecho3000

Bought HeartGold today. Got to Violet City before taking a lunch break.

Team:
Totodile Lv11 - Adamant
Sentret Lv6 - Adamant
Bellsprout Lv3 - Jolly
Pidgey Lv3 - Jolly

I didn't SR or catch multiple Pokes for the natures. I was just that lucky. :)

Started a file on the Heart Gold I bought yesterday. Still getting used to the music, but I like it overall. I caught a Caterpie, Spinirak and Hoothoot in addition to my Totodile and evolved the Caterpie into a Metapod. I was surprised when my Hoothoot got poisoned during training and then recovered from it on the way to the Pokemon Center - it's never happened before, so I guess it's something new they put in the game, which is pretty cool.

Leyniar

SoulSilver

I'm on Route 27, I just picked up the Rare Candy in this route and I'm on my way to the Elite Four. After looking at the Shiny Leaf section on Serebii I went to route 39 with my Hasty Azumarill and found one in no time. After the E4 I will go back to find the other four. This my current team:

009-m.png
184-m.png
186-f.png
279-m.png

Last edited:

CharizardMan101

If its green I'm on^
I just got to Ecruteak City this morning.
I spent last night getting enough coins in the game corner to get a sandshrew. After a little while, I actually got into the hang of it, and I got the 700 needed coins in half an hour. After a few soft resets, I got a nice jolly sandshrew to join my in game team.
I got lucky and caught the sudowoodo with one ultra ball. Upon reaching Ecruteak I caught a magikarp from the small pond in the north east corner of the city to use in the Relay Run pokeathlon event. I also rescued the dance theater from the spinning team rocket grunt.
I'll probably spend the next few days exploring Mt. Mortar and the burnt tower, training on the outskirts of town, and trying out the new dowsing machine.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Sasori reached lv. 24.
I attempted to battle Morty. Took out the other trainers with ease.
Morty was difficult. I gave up on the Gengar and restarted my DS.
I decided to get my Kisame to evolve into Feraligatr.
I did manage to do it and took out Morty's Pokemon with ease.
Now I have alot of training to do. Get my Pokemon close to lv. 31.

Not including any HM Slaves.

Current Party
160.png
017.png
180.png
095.png
033.png

Kisame lv. 31 | Temari lv. 25 | Chidori lv. 26 | Hiruko lv. 25 | Sasori lv. 24

Tokyokit

Started Heart gold, Chose Cyndaquil, Beat Alvin and his Totodile. Got Togepi egg.
Beat 1st gym and made Kimono girl freak out over egg. Egg hatched into Togepi! Beat other gyms and went back to Goldenvine. Beat Team Rocket at Radio tower. Ran around to Blackthorn and helped Kimono girl again. Beat Clair and got approved by her Grampa. Headed to E4. Got tired of getting beaten by Lance and played at the Pokethlon dome.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Caught a Magneton in the Safari Zone originally to add to the dex, turns out it had a Modest nature, so that'll be part of my team against Red when it gets to that level. May also use Tyranitar.

nonjaownag

beat the e4. been looking for a houndour for 2 hours now.
Team is
noctowl
lvl 47
meganium
lvl 46
lapras
lvl 46
ho oh
lvl 48
gyarados
lvl 48
heracross
lvl

Vuro

Arting Wanderist
Damn, I definitely underestimated my rival...His time average was barely Lv. 28 last night, so I wasn't gonna bother training my team at all because I thought he'd need more time to catch up. I was dead wrong! In two hours, he blew through Jasmine, Pryce, Team Rocket, and beat Claire while I was visiting him. He has three Pokemon at Lv. 40...My highest is Lv. 35...So we can battle fairly, I had to plow through a great deal of things myself.

Today...
- Evolution all around! Growlithe evolves into Arcanine and Bayleef evolved into Meganium, WHO IS BEYOOTIFUL. Freya spends five minutes fawning over them.
- Freya wipes Team Rocket out in Olivine. Seriously, the Rocket level cap is just sad. Unlike civilians, Freya imposes no physical harm upon any Rocket grunt because she agrees they have good fashion sense.
- Freya finds Jasmine and continues to insist she really should rethink the whole Gym Leader thing, since she was too lazy to get up off her sappy *** and get the medicine for Amphy herself. That thing would have probably died if Freya had not shown up. Freya's Sherzando, an Arcanine, defeats all of Jasmine's Pokemon in one hit. Freya sincerely hopes Jasmine was not giving it her all in battle, because that was just pitiful.
- Freya moves on to Pryce! Pryce is definitely deserving of his title, and Freya shows the old-timer much respect. He wasn't nearly as hard as other Gym Leaders, but Piloswine ALMOST took down Arcanine. 7/8 badges are now obtained!
- The police are completely obsolete and should all be fired, for Prof. Elm notifies Freya of the Radio Tower incident instead of the authorities. WTF WHY. Freya travels to Goldenrod and a nice Rocketeer hands her a uniform! Freya loves it, for she looks good in black. The Goldenrod townspeople do not agree, and Freya considers becoming a real public nuisance. Freya attempts to leave town with her duds, but she's not allowed out of town, and Dodrio is being temperamental and won't let her fly.
- Adrian! You little prick! Freya's in-game rival strips Freya right in front of a Rocket. Luckily, she was wearing a tight shirt and shorts under it, much to the Rocket's dismay. Freya is still very bewildered and loses Adrian before she can demand compensation.
- Petrel and Proton cannot catch formidable Pokemon to save their lives. Petrel is defeated and ignored, but Freya comments on Protons good looks before he charmingly demands a battle.

I saved in front of the 3rd executive. In a few minutes, I'll get back to the game, hopefully to get farther than my rival. D': I was really hoping for a challenging battle today, but not if his Pokemon are gonna be 5-10 levels higher than mine!

smartie

Emerald's adventures: Part 4 & 5

Emerald's adventures: Part 4 - Veturia et Volumnia

After arriving in Goldenrod city, with the following pokemon: Pyramus(Quilava), Verginius (Noctowl), Thisbe (Flaaffy), Veturia (Heracross) and Volumnia (Poliwag), I noticed I needed alot of training in order to beat Whitney.
My 2 new pokemon, Veturia(Heracross) and Volumnia (Poliwag), needed the training the most. I decided to train Poliwag first, while training her I put Heracross in the daycare.
When Poliwag reached lvl 18 it was time for Veturia's training. I got her back from the daycare and put Volumnia in. Veturia had learned Aerial Ace! So I went to the National Park and murdered tons of bugs, untill Veturia reached lvl 19 and learned Brick Break. It was time for the gym!
I managed to beat the gym EASILY! After putting Miltank to sleep with Volumnia, Veturia managed to finish it off with some Brick Breaks.

The 3rd badge had been achieved!!

Emerald's adventures: Part 5 - A very fast Gengar
I had all my Pokemon's at decent levels when I arrived at Ecruteak city, I easily killed my rival and all the trainers on the route between Ecruteak and Olivine. So I decided it was time for the gym already, I went in and easily beat all the trainers with Verginius (Noctowl). But Morty was super hard!! While trying to put Gengar to my Noctowl and Poliwag both got killed, Gengar was way to fast for me. I decided to try a new tactic: Paralyse! I got Flaaffy in and used Thunderwave, then I used a few Thundershocks untill Flaaffy was death. Then I brought Heracross in, it was awesome! Gengar couldn't do anything, he kept missing his Hypnoses and he couldn't use Shadow ball on my fighting type. So I killed it with Aerial Ace :) .

Now I need some serious training! Noctowl needs to get better attacks before I can take on Chuck. My team looks as following, after beating Morty and exploring some new surf-only areas:
Pyramus, lv26 male Quilava
Verginius, lv27 male Noctowl
Thisbe, lvl 22 female Flaaffy
Veturia, lvl 23 female Heracross
Volumnia, lvl 26 female Poliwhirl

halloweenghost

Started a file on the Heart Gold I bought yesterday. Still getting used to the music, but I like it overall. I caught a Caterpie, Spinirak and Hoothoot in addition to my Totodile and evolved the Caterpie into a Metapod. I was surprised when my Hoothoot got poisoned during training and then recovered from it on the way to the Pokemon Center - it's never happened before, so I guess it's something new they put in the game, which is pretty cool.

recovering from poison is not new.. but still cool when they do

Chimecho3000

Currently at Goldenrod, getting ready to battle Whitney soon. Played the Voltorb game till I got 400 coins and didn't take me too many SRs to get an Adamant and Modest Abra with Synchronize. Randomly found a Ditto on the route above Goldenrod and it had a Calm nature (exactly what I wanted and wasn't even looking for it).

Team:
Croconaw Lv20 - Adamant
Furret Lv19 - Adamant
Bellsprout Lv17 - Jolly
Pidgeotto Lv18 - Jolly
Flaaffy Lv20 - Quiet
Kadabra Lv18 - Modest

andyhaj

I'm in Route 38 at the moment, hunting for Entei. Boring, since it kills my Crobat (I use it for Mean Look), or it uses Roar...

Earlier today, I got a Raikou with Timid nature :) It also got 30 IV's in Sp.Atk. :) I was really happy when I caught it, and I didn't really care about nature...Happy!

OJG

r u not entertained
Got the game last week. Completely unplanned team, beat all the gyms with no pokemon over level 40, ridiculous! Only pokemon of value were Typhlosion, Ampharos and Poliwhirl, all at level 42 at the time when I decied to restart. As it was my favourite region he took part in, I decided to do what I did in Pearl and recreate Gary Oak's team. And so:

Restarted the game. Chose Toto, as I will need a surfer in order to get Krabby/Horsea. Did all the pre-amble to getting pokeballs. First two targets were Jolly Spearow and Adamant Geodude, which I got after about 60 catches (soft resetted after using all my balls).

Currently training Geodude and Spearow to level 15 for the first gym (I was horrifically under leveled in my last game, so I want to be en par with the gym leaders). Then to level 20 for Bugsy, and then 25 for Whitney (aswell as catching both Nidorans, Abra, Pinsir and Scyther). Not sure who to leave out as of yet, probably Pinsir.

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
HeartGold: Just defeated Team Rocket in the Radio Tower, now making my way towards Blackthorn.

Going to level up my team a bit as Quilava and Pidgeotto are close to evolution, going to give their levels a little push before continuing.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Begun raising Magneton and Larvitar. Larvitar eventually evolved into Pupitar. Both are around level 36 atm. Im training at the area just before Victory Road. When they get around 40-45, i'll move on to Mt Silver(where Clara the Dragonite was raised).

My current team:

Pupitar Lv37
Magneton Lv36
Typhlosion Lv59
Ampharos Lv56
Clara(female Dragonite) Lv57
Shiny Gyarados Lv56

Just curious, are Clara and Clairabell creative names for Dragonair?

Status
Not open for further replies.