• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirea Mokri

Just obtained my Chikorita egg from the Day-Care Man. I got it from my Ditto and a Chikorita I just got today from a trade. I put the traded Chikorita up on the GTS in exchange for Charmeleon (we'll see if there are any takers), and am now walking around waiting for my Chikorita to hatch. :>~~

And no, still haven't battled Morty. xD

Seviper

My Hitmonlee was dancing around because he found a shiny leaf while training at the cliff where there are Miltank and Ditto (He also was fearful about the cliff :O). As soon as he catches up with his teammates I'll be battling L.T. Surge.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Man, I literally just got my Heart Gold, like, a week ago. So that was a month after it's release...wow. I had every intention of buying it as soon as it came out, but I just never got the chance to buy it everytime I went downtown until last week. I guess the reason I stayed sane was because I already have Japanese Soul Silver.

Anyways, started the game and chose the female trainer [as I chose the male on my Soul Silver], named her 'Fancy', my staple girl name. Chose a female Totodile as my starter and named my rival 'Douche'. Man, it still gets me everytime: "Rival DOUCHE wants to battle!" Haha.

Trained, evolved Totodile, caught a Mareep, evolved Mareep, beat Falkner, hatched Togepi, beat Team Rocket at the Slowpoke Well, beat Bugsy, traded Pikachu-colored Pichu from Diamond and caught Spikey-eared Pichu, evolved Croconaw, evolved Flaaffy, got the bike, caught a Sunkern, participated in the Bug-Catching Contest [won first place with level 18 Caterpie], evolved Sunkern, beat Whitney, caught Sudowoodo, caught and trained Snubbull [but decided not to evolve him into Granbull just yet...]

Current team:

- Feraligatr [Lv. 36, F]
- Ampharos [Lv. 36, F]
- Sunflora [Lv. 36, M]
- Snubbull [Lv. 35, F]

And now I'm in Ecruteak but I still have to do the Dance Hall, Burned Tower and, of course, beat Morty. And after I beat Morty I want to catch and train a Natu.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
SoulSilver Journey Post 44

I've been going around doing some trainer rematches lately. The most exciting thing I've done is trade some legends to clone in Pearl (via GTS glitch) and EV train in Platinum. Right now I'm at the peak of Mt. Silver ready to fight Red later because I'm to lazy to fight right now and am working on playing Sapphire.

Current Team:
;154; Leif Lv. 70 Miracle Seed
-Earthquake -Rock Climb -Seed Bomb -Magical Leaf

;260; Axol Lv. 70 Leftovers
-Earthquake -Surf -Ice Beam -Stealth Rock

;006; Byrne Lv. 70 Life Orb
-Fire Blast -Hidden Power Grass -Brick Break -Roost

;181; Voltage Lv. 70 Shell Bell
-Signal Beam -ThunderBolt -Discharge -Thunder Wave

;196; Kinetic Lv. 70 Wise Glasses
-Psychic -Shadow Ball -Hidden Power Ice -Tail Whip

;212; Amalgam Lv. 70 Muscle Band
-U-Turn -Iron Head -Brick Break -Night Slash

Last edited:

diamond trainer

Just beat the elite four, and won against lance. I hated fighting against lance, and his three overpowered dragonites, but i pulled off a win. keeping this team for the kanto play through, and battle frontier. Instead of making a bunch of different teams like i did on my diamond, im going to stick with my team of favorites all the way through. my team is

;359;lv44
;018;lv42
;154;lv43
;059;lv43
;199;lv46
;247;lv42

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
~Elm called me regarding some Team Rocket takeover of the Radio Tower. I ignored him, because he's obviously gone psycho.
~Bought a Rage Candy Bar, but the man still didn't let me through.
~Cut a tree [what an achievement!] and saw Suicune. That stalker Guy - Eusine - popped up.
~Decided to go to Goldenrod to gamble.
~Noticed people dressed in black everywhere in Goldenrod. Fancy dress party!
~Gambled in the Game Corner.
~Decided to go have my picture taken in the Underground. The nice photographer let me keep the costume.
~Explored Goldenrod with my new costume. People mistook me for Team Rocket when I went shopping. I suppose I am pretty scary, especially with Cotton [Jumpluff] following me.
~Listened to the Radio. Me and Cotton danced to the beautiful message.
~Decided to go to the Radio Tower, where Rival Ashton took off all my clothes and I battled some randoms.
~Beat that tryhard Petrel guy.
~Beat Rival Ashton.

CURRENT TEAM;
Jaws [Feraligatr] - Level 31
Tails [Furret] - Level 32
Gusto [Noctowl] - Level 32
Cotton [Jumpluff] - Level 31
Beacon [Lanturn] - Level 32
Indigo [Grimer] - Level 32

@ Basement?

Badges; Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Storm, Mineral, Glacier

No. 1 Machop Fan

Still waiting for Water Stone and Fire Stone.

I now have my first Pokeathlon Medalist Pokemon in my Jolteon.

Pokemon Trainer Brandon

Trainer of all types
I made it to Ecruteak city and did all the quests there. I went into Burnt Tower and caught a Magmar. Then I battled Morty and defeated him, then later on I found a shiny Milktank on Route 38.

Tirea Mokri

Yay, someone gave me a Charmeleon off the GTS for my Chikorita. =D So I went ahead and bred the Charmeleon right away to get my Charmander egg. After receiving it, I released the GTS Charmeleon.

So I had my Chikorita and Charmander eggs with me and was traveling around waiting for them to hatch. Chikorita hatched first, and I absolutely love him! I named him Niko, and I know he's going to be an outstanding part of my team. =)

Shortly after, my Charmander hatched and I named him Scotty. =D I looooove him, too. He's so cute!

After they hatched, I decided it was time to challenge Morty. >:3 I used this team:

;156; Toboe
;176; Mokri
;180; Ponyo
;058; Nausicaa
:surfpika: Java
;161; Tango

I led with Tango, just for fun. =P She knows Shadow Claw and she totally decimated Morty's Gastly. But she was cursed in the process, so I withdrew her and sent out Mokri, whose Extrasensory destroyed one of his Haunters. Next was Gengar. I sent out Java, but she's only at level 20, so she unfortunately was knocked out right away. But she tried so hard! I sent out Ponyo and had her use Thunder Wave, Cotton Spore, and Flash just to mess it up, ahaha. Then she got in a few Thundershocks before she fainted.

I next sent in Nausicaa, who after several Flame Wheels, defeated Gengar. Then I sent out Toboe to take care of the last Haunter, and the Fog Badge was ours! =DD

I'm so, so proud of my Pokemon. They battled wonderfully, and I know the rest of my Pokepals in the PC were cheering on their buddies. =)

So now I'm training Java, Saria, Mango, Niko, and Scotty to level 24 to match the rest of my team, then we'll head out to Cianwood City.

Cuthrout

Well I've been doing battle hall for quite some time now, on my Tyranitar, i can assure you its not an easy job having so many weaknesses. Well i got to my 10th level on the ghost type expecting it to be quite easy because ghosts don't really have fighting moves that are powerful against my def trained tyranitar, Or so i thought! I thought against a Dusknoir which had a quick claw and had brick break. was quite a close battle in the end with me only just winning. Its Battle video: 44-30009-92186 so you can check that out.

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
just kicked the elite four's arse :D

;149; lvl 60

;157; lvl 58

;212; lvl 52

;196; lvl 52

;160; lvl 54

;248; lvl 57

thinking about ditching ;160; not sure what water poke to replace with

probs gunna head to kanto later

went to kanto beat lt surge and just searching round place to train my 'mons went to cerulean cape owned those trainers and decided to switch out my fraligator for a kingdra as it has a more variety and less type disadvantages

Team so far

;149; lvl 62 fly, dragon dance, dargon claw, thunderpunch

;157; lvl 61 hidden power (ice), flamethower, lava plume, eruption

;196; lvl 53 psychic, psy-beam, hidden power (ghost), shadow ball

;248; lvl 57 stone edge, earthquake, dark pulse, crunch

;212; lvl 53 x-scissor, night slash, sword dance (tm), iron head

;230; lvl 51 outrage, surf, icebeam, dragon dance

( my sig ses i got a magenium but i failed at writing it ceebs to change it)

7 tyranitars

has been a while since I posted for the last time, defeated all 8 gyms now
lots of pokemons evolved catched a 6th pokemon and evolved it I'm now
training for the elite four.

team:

;018; Pidgeot lvl 46
-Wing Attack
-Roost
-Fly
-Twister

;182; Bellossom lvl 45
-Leaf Blade
-Mega Drain
-Acid
-Drain Punch

;059; Arcanine lvl 45
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Crunch
-Fire Blast

;248;Pupitar lvl 45
-Crunch
-Sandstorm
-Dark Pulse
-Rock Slide

;181; Ampharos lvl 46
-Discharge
-Signal Beam
-Iron Tail
-Focus Blast

;160; Feraligatr lvl 49
-Surf
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch
-Ice fang

Travelled to the top of the lighthouse and gave Jasmine the SecretPotion to feed to Amphy.
As I left the newly-lit lighthouse I got a call from Baobo, explaining that his new Safari Zone had finally opened.
Battled the trainers along that route with Elekid and Steelix (a temp) and beat them with relative ease.
Spent some time in the Safari Zone last night completing the first owner's challenge (catch a Geodude) and filling up my Pokedex a little more. Managed to catch Magneton and others, but unfortunately many of the rarer Pokemon found in the Safari Zone don't come out at night.
Went back to the Safari today and, after completing the second owner's challenge, customised the areas a bit and have since caught Arbok, Ryhorn, Jigglypuff and Weezing, and am currently trying to catch a Misdreavus (so elusive!)
I aim to return tonight and catch a Clefairy, to be bred for a Cleffa.

Current standings:
Name: Matt
Badges: 4
Pokedex: 170
Team:
Judge - Croconaw lv 36 [M]
Pepper - Parasect lv 32 [F]
Hat - Murkrow lv 31 [F]
NATU - Natu lv 32 [F]
ELEKID - Elekid lv 30 [M]

:)

Last edited:

GetBacker

At the Butterfly Ball:

After winning the Mahogany gym battle as soon as I stepped out of the gym I got a call from Elm about Team Rocket being up to no good at the Goldenrod radio station. But as it was a Friday I decided to take the scenic route and visit the Union Cave so I could bag another Lapras. This also seemed a suitable opportunity to give my new Surfing Pikachu an outing.

Caught the Lapras in the Union cave. On the way back Goldenrod I passed through the National Park just in time for the Bug-Hunting Contest and decided to take part. For the fourth time in row my pokemon - this time the aforementioned Surfing Pikachu - got knocked out during the contest! What is it with me in this contest? This never happened to me in Crystal.I can't even remember it getting injured in the first place. On the other mandible, at I least I won the contest with a lvl 18 Caterpie.

Onwards to Goldenrod. There seems to be even more TR cadets about the place and quite often getting in the way.

Last edited:

arceus03

Well, gotta love Drowzee ^^ They have a high encounter rate, and they give a hefty amount of EXP to my newly-caught Jolly Heracross ya~y

I'm training Hera up to L20 (to be on par with the other team members) then maybe all of them up one level or to, before facing Whitney.

Now the only team member waiting to be recruited would be the Red Gyara..

Hey wait. I could train a Magikarp from an Old Rod, right? Then I could get a Gyara faster.. Well, I could wait until after Morty, or I could train one now....

Think I'll go for him now. Then Bite could come in useful ^^

OFF TO CATCH A MAGI-KRAP THEN =D

No wait.. If I get the Red Gyara even after Morty, I think my team will be around L30 also at that time.. So I'd gain nothing if I train a Magikrap now..

Back to training Heracross EAY ^^

Chaos Rush

Just caught Mewtwo...

I tried battling Will again, but I got severely owned. All my Pokemon are in the low 50's, while first thing he sends out is a Lv58 Bronzong...

It's way too hard to train in this game. I WANT VS SEEKER.

Zbynek

Just finished E4, where i got my shiny, Modest, perfect IV´d and EV trained Typhlosion to level 100 :) im happy now

Manaphione123

Merely A Puppet
Just took my first steps into the official landmass of Kanto. Decided to wait for my sister to catch up to me. Gambled a bit, made my Lugia a Pokeathlete in all five courses. Helped my sis beat that darn Morty. She then went on to beat Chuck easily and become owner of the safari zone just like me! She is currently training to beat Jasmine. I decided that it was getting boring so I wiped my Photo Album wiped and got them all taken with my lovely Vincent (Crobat). Then I finally decided to create another team just for teh lulz.

Teams:
Team 1;
Feraligatr; Level 40, Slash, Ice Fang, Crunch, Surf.
Crobat; Level 40, Poison Fang, Fly, Bite, Mean Look.
Steelix; Level 40, Sandstorm, Curse, Dragonbreath, Rock Throw.
Gengar; Level 40, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Curse, Shadow Ball.
Piloswine; Level 40, Ice Shard, Earthquake, Fury Attack, Endure.
Heracross; Level 40, Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Counter, Close Combat.

Team 2;
Eevee; Level 8, Tail Whip, Tackle, Helping Hand, Sand Attack.
Togepi; Level 9, Growl, Charm, Extrasensory, Metronome.
Machop; Level 9, Low Kick, Leer, Focus Energy.
Exeggcute; Level 13, Uproar, Hypnosis, Reflect, Leech Seed.
Dratini; Level 15, Extreme Speed, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage.
Geodude; Level 16, Mud Sport, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude.

icewolf741

Lucario Trainer
So I finally started SoulSilver. I used my real name for this game instead of the normal "Taichi." I'm going to solo with a Riolu so I traded over an egg and walked around. When he hatched I named him Theodore. =)

Theodore and I explored the route next to Cherrygrove, dillgently training! Unfortunately, a Pidgey landed a lucky critical hit, and Theodore fainted. =( I quickly scurried to the Pokemon center carrying him in my arms. Nurse Joy reprimanded me sternly about taking care of my Pokemon. After that Theodore was incredibly angry with me. So, we headed out again, and I took much more precaution.

We then traveled to Violet City after easily beating the trainers. After arriving in violet City, Theodore and I rested up, but he was restless so we went to the Sprout Tower. After demolishing all of the Bellsprouts, Theodore and I rushed to defeat Falkner! Theodore excitedly rushed into battle against Pidgey and Pidgeotto. He easily beat them, earning us the Zephyr badge!!

=)

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I originally wasn't going to catch the Weather Trio on my Emerald version, but I decided I'm going to give it a shot, just so I won't have to beat Red to get them. I also have Bristle (my Venusaur from FireRed) and Benika (my EV trained Charizard on Platinum), so all I need to do is import a Squirtle from LeafGreen, and I'll have all the Kanto starters. The Hoenn starters are a little bit trickier. I can just breed from Reed (my Sceptile (yay for random rhymes!)) for Treecko, I can transfer a Torchic from Ruby, and I have a spare Mudkip on my Platinum version, so that's Hoenn right there. In short, I have no need to beat Red!

Status
Not open for further replies.