• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
HeartGold Journey Entry #1

Well, I guess I'm not gonna be recording my journey from the very beginning, since I'm already at Goldenrod City.

As I entered Goldenrod City with Ascua ;156; I rushed to the Pokemon Center due to Ascua and Relampago's ;180; injuries. After I talked to the people there while I waited for my amigos to heal up, I went to the Pokemon Market to pick up something my mom had mention she bought me. It was a berry apparently, so I put it with the other berries.

I walked around with Ascua while talking to people and we heard about a store that was selling bicycles. We walked all over the place, being careful not to go downstairs yet, who know what could be down there. We finally found the store and he said I could ride one around if I wanted, since it would help him out via advertisement. I hopped on and called Ascua back into his Poke Ball.

I decided to go back into the Pokemon Market to buy the TM that contained Light Screen to teach to Relampago, you never know when it will be useful. I left and went up to a flower shop. She told me about a strange tree and how it reacts to water. She said she would think about letting me use one of her tools to water the tree with if I could beat the Goldenrod City Gym Leader. I decided I would go look for a Pokemon that I thought could be useful. I like having Ascua and Relampago around, but I'd like to meet other Pokemon as well. I went up north, dodging as much trainers as possible for now. I found out that the Bug Catching Contest was going on (this was yesterday, actually), so I decided to join.

At the Bug Catching Contest, I found a Scyther, the same Pokemon that Bugsy used. I caught it and won 3rd prize. The 2nd prize winner also caught a Scyther, apparently because I had paralyzed and hurt my Scyther with Relampago, mine came after his. The 1st prize winner won with a little Paras. I tried using Scyther, but he was mean to me and my friends. He would get angry and stuff, so I decided to take him to the Daycare people south of Goldenrod to see if they could teach him some manners. After I dropped him off to stay with Ditto, I went back to Goldenrod and heard about the Global Trade Station (GTS) and about the Radio Card giveaway. I decided to try them both out. I answered the questions correctly and won myself the Radio Card, when some girl named Whitney or something like that said she couldn't answer the questions correctly. I then left one of my Mareeps in the GTS for a Totodile of any level (which will most likely never happen, seeing as people want Lv.100 Deoxys for them).

I went to go check up on Scyther and Ditto, and it turns out they had some action going on. The Daycare Man told me they were holding an Egg, so I took it, seeing as how the previous egg hatched into a Togepi, I wondered what would hatch from this one. I road my bike around and got a call from the Bike Shop. Apparently the amount of time I road my bike around made his sales go up and said I could keep the bike. A while after, the Egg hatched. It was a baby Scyther. He was quite adamant, but I decided to keep him and train him from the very beginning. I named him Asalto ;123;.

Now I finally decided to go to the underground place in Goldenrod. I found Lyra and she gave me a fashion case thing. Bah, who needs this stuff? I don't want to dress up my friends in glitter... Well, maybe I'll find a friend who really likes this stuff, so I kept it. As I continued, a few people asked me to battle, and now I shall battle these people while training my Scyther, Asalto.

Asalto Lv.8 | Relampago Lv.21 | Ascua Lv.22

flygonabsol99

So i Beat red , got my Kanto and Hoenn starters. Then i evolved Trecko to Sceptile,And charmander to charmeleon (not done with him yet.)Caught groudon ,And borrowed kyogre form my friend To get rayquaza. Caught Rayquaza,Traded back kyogre,And went to the Bell Tower.Climbed up to the top,Had a short encounter with Ho-Oh,and caught it with a master ball

matemlak96

Too awesome...
I FINALLY beat Clair after leveling up most of my pokemon to 40...
and I had to use numerous hyper potions and a max revive

I'm not in the mood to go straight to the Dragon's Den, and I need a good "Main" variety.. so I'm leveling up some other pokemon:

Milly (13) The Miltank
Sundra (15) The Sunkern
Iggy (17) The Jigglypuff (I'm thinking of using the moon stone soon)
Drevin (18) The Misdreavus
Velma (22) The Jynx
Bert (25) The Crobat (I used a friend ball on Golbat and he evolved in 3 levels)

Well that's all for now...

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
A LOT has happened.

Caught a Mild Suicune. I SR several times to get a good natured one. Caught with Master Ball because I ran out of Ultra Balls.
Got Falkner's Phone Number.
Beat several Kanto Gym Leaders.
Sabrina, Erika, Misty, Janine, and Brock.
Trained my Pokemon who are now on lv. 57.
Caught a Cacnea and Vibrava in the Safari Zone and evolved the Vibrava.

And some other things I can't remember.

Team in sig!

Derald Snyder

I just realized my team has a major Rhyperior weakness, so I started training up the Machamp I got from GTS. Once he catches up with the others I'll challenge Blue.
In the meantime, it's Saturday afternoon, so Machamp can practice on Whitney's Lickylicky and Miltank by Low Kicking them where it hurts. :p
I also managed to evolve my Pupitar into Tyranitar. Not sure if I'll keep him on the team yet, though.

-Recently beat the elite four
-Got my national dex and won a shiny stone from the bug catching contest to evolve my togetic
-Currently using my pokewalker a lot to get to the area where I can get heart scales
-Beat Sabrina and Erica
-Now working on leveling up a bit since I just took on two gyms in a row

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well, I finally picked up my SoulSilver file after a good month of inactivity. I remembered I had just made it to Olivine City, so I decided to go to Cianwood City. Before I left, I trained my team up a few levels against wild pokemon, and then hit the road, or should I say sea (hehehehhehehe). Beat all the Swimmers on the way, and made it to Cianwood City, with my team at level 30. I beat Eusine easily, he ran off, and then I beat the Gym trainers. I trained my Horsea up to Seadra, and then into Kingdra, because I <3 Kingdra. Also evolved Growlithe and Scyther.

Afterwards, I challenged Chuck, and wore him down with Dino's Poisonpowder and Leech Seed.

Dino the Bayleef level 30
Ace the Arcanine level 30
Hydro the Kingdra level 32
Pinky the Flaaffy level 30
Rumble the Graveler level 30
Buzz the Scizor level 30

Currently climbing the Glitter Lighthouse in Olivine City, afterwhich Arcanine will melt Jasmine's Steel heart.

matemlak96

Too awesome...
Ok so I finally beat Clair with my Ampharos!
Then I went to Dragon's Den and got the Dratini WITH that superspeed move :)
After that, I proceeded to Mt. Mortar and got myself a Tyrogue... then I sent it to the Day Care until it hit level 19, and evolved it into Hitmonchan (any tips on getting Hitmontop?)

I beat the Kimono Girls in my first try.. even though that their appearance was horrible... When my Typhlosion was out, Vaporeon came out.. when my Red Gyarados was out, Jolteon came out... etc.. it was really annoying

After all of this.. I got bored and decided to go to the Pokealathon.. I won thrice and bought a leaf stone with my points, and used it on Gina the Gloom!

My team currently consists of:

Lvl 39 Typhlosion (Flame)
Lvl 41 Ampharos (Shep)
Lvl 33 Delibird (Dell)
Lvl 39 Red Gyarados (Jared)
Lvl 42 Espeon (Devon)
Lvl 41 Togetic (Toad)

I'm also leveling up a few pokemon to get them up to that level:

Lvl 25 Vileplume (Gina)
Lvl 25 Crobat (Bert)
Lvl 20 Hitmonchan (Tyler)
Lvl 23 Jynx (Velma)
Lvl 20 Misdreavus (Drevin)
Lvl 21 Dratini (Darius)

In the middle I have a few.. that I don't know what to do with

Lvl 28 Unown E (E)
Lvl 31 Unown C (Ce)
Lvl 31 Jumpluff (Hopper)
Lvl 28 Weepinbell (Belvin)

Last edited:

Shinestar

I caught raikou, but used my masterball. I actually feel sorry about it.....

Team:

Loki - Typhlosion
Allura - Lapras
Sage - Umbreon
Poseidon - Lugia
Zeus - Raikou
Bolt - Jolteon

Still training members to replace Poseidon and Zeus, I don't want legendaries in my team to defeat red. xD

OJG

r u not entertained
I've not played much recently, I'm stuck at the PKMN League waiting for someone to help me evolve my Pokemon (Seadra, Graveler, Kadabra) so I can do the League with my full team (if you woud like to help me and get those three in your dex then PM me).

My team is Scyther, Seadra, Graveler, Kadabra, Nidoqueen and Magmar. I can get to Lance fine, but he just sweeps me every time!

(I'm aso looking for Metal Coat and Magmarizer, PM if you have those and what you want in return.)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
After beating Chuck, I explored Cianwood some more, got HM02, but no one to use it on. Had to Surf back to Olivine, Ace's Intimidate helped a lot. Made it back, and climbed the lighthouse, defeating all the trainers. Gave Amphy the SecretPotion, and then swept Jasmine with Ace's Flamethrower. Currently headed for Mahogany Town.

Dino the Bayleef lvl 32
Ace the Arcanine lvl 33
Hydro the Kingdra lvl 32
Pinky the Flaaffy lvl 32
Rumble the Graveler lvl 32
Buzz the Scizor lvl 32

Fala-chan

where the sun rises
So my pals and I made it to Azalea Town, where we saw this guy dressed up in black pushing around this older gentleman. :/ After exploring the town a bit, we discover Kurt was the old man and that the man in black was a Team Rocket thug. We followed Kurt to the Well and defeated the thugs as well as the Executive, Proton.

What a bunch of losers. >/

Anyways, after that, we decided to go to Ilex Forest to do some training and find the Charcoal Man's Farfetch'd. But just before entering the gate, we ran into Sarge, my rival.

God, is he the biggest buttmunch ever or what? >:O But, hahaha, Mirima swept his entire team. ;P

So after that, Wade called to say he had some berries for me. :> So we went to him, then went around collecting Apricorns, and now we're resting in the Cherrygrove City Pokemon Center.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
SoulSilver:

Well, after my Ecruteak Gym battle, I decided to enter a local lottery, and won a weeklong stay at a nice hotel in town. How do you say no to that? (translation: I didn't get to play much for the past week)

Well, on my way to Olivine City, I came across a Miltank farm. One of the Miltank was sick and wouldn't give milk. Fortunately, I had plenty of Oran Berries to feed her with. I got a Seal Bag and some seals for my trouble.

I arrived in Olivine City, only to hear Silver's heartless remarks about the Lighthouse's sick Pokemon. My thoughts and prayers go out to it.

I got the Good Rod from a local fisherman, and decided to use it to train on Krabby and the occasional Corsola. I got everyone below level 24 up a few levels and will explore the Lighthouse tomorrow.

Current levels:
Coal (Quilava) - Level 26
Tornade (Horsea) - Level 24
Olympia (Heracross) - Level 24
Abbey (Alakazam) - Level 24
Beta (Magnemite) - Level 25
Sirene (Vaporeon) - Level 24

Also, I decided to teach Abbey Focus Blast and leave Shadow Ball for Sirene. I figure Psybeam will be enough for everything except Dark and Steel, which Focus Blast will utterly destroy.

Since the last time I posted, I have earned my last two gym badges in Kanto. Now I have the move Rock Climb, so I will be putting that to use pretty soon.
Other than that I guess I'm gonna work on getting the Gym Leaders' phone numbers for rematches.

Derald Snyder

Took on Blue in the Fighting Dojo the other day. Got swept by Rhyperior the first time because of Solid Rock and Sp. Def boost from Tyranitar's Sand Stream. 2nd time, I got through with a few Hyper Potions and Max Revives.

Exeggutor: Magmar burnt 'im to a crisp.
Rhyperior: No sandstorm this time, but still tough. I remember my Machamp weakening it with Low Kick, but I don't know who finished it.
Tyranitar: Dynamicpunch'd by my Machamp. NEXT!
Pidgeot: Raichu weakened it, but got pwned by Return. My own Tyranitar finished it.
Machamp: Two Wing Attacks from Dragonite put 'im down for the 10 count.
Arcanine: This guy gave me some trouble, but with Sandstorm and Flare Blitz taking their toll, Tyranitar EQ'd it to an early grave.

...Phew. I won without using any outright Ubers. Go me!

As far as filling the Pokedex, I caught a Lickitung and a Weepinbell, and evolved the latter with a leaf stone. Now to train up Lickitung into Lickylicky. :p :p :p

Last edited:
Beware, I like using nicknames for nicknames...

I'm training up my team right now for the E4. I already have all the Pokemon that'll be keepers on my team (who I'll list in a bit), but I have to train all but my lead two up to fight.

Dyxaxium (Typhlosion, 43)
Cyprus (Ampharos, 40)
Himawari (Kingler, 34)
Vivace (Jynx, 29)
Ebenezer (Murkrow, 19)
Serenity (Dratini, 19)

I caught Ebby and Serenity very late in my trip, both after beating Clair (who murdered Dyxie, but were defeated by Cy-cy <3 ). Vivace is being difficult to train, although catching her with Ice Punch was a real helper. Right now, I'm coasting alone Olivine and the Whirl Islands training Ebby, Serenity and Vivace, while I'm depending on trainers to level up Hima. Only when I go up against the E4 will I refine everyone's movesets.

Oh, and Entei likes to pop up while I'm surfing.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Finally made it to Mahogany Town, after beating the Fisherman. Heard about the trouble at the Lake of Rage, so I went north, and caught the Red Gyarados (Jolly 25/25/25/25/25/25, no joke.), got the Red Scale. Met Lance at the Shore, his Dragonite is cool. Went back, and found a secret passageway! Found a TR hideout below, abusing poor Pokemon! Took down the entire group, and double teamed Ariana and the speechless Grunt. Put the Electrodes out of their misery, and left. Paul, my rival, shows up at the weirdest times. After the Gym opened, I defeated the trainers, and trained my team to level 35. Buzz sliced Pryce (who's middle name is Willow -_-) to pieces with Bullet Punch <3.

Prof. Elm called in distress, so I went to check out the Goldenrod Radio Tower. The Grunt wouldn't let me in, so I tried to disguise myself, only to be foiled by none other than Paul. Beat all the Grunts on the way to Petrol, who didn't stand a chance against Hydro. Currently going to save the Director.

Dino the Bayleef lvl 37
Ace the Arcanine lvl 37
Hydro the Kingdra lvl 37
Pinky the Flaaffy lvl 37
Rumble the Graveler lvl 37
Buzz the Scizor lvl 37

Seriously loving this team.

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
Ok, so I solved my Power Pokeathlon problem, I used Entei, LOR Gyarados and Snorlax and I won by 27 points! Later I will try to win the Skill challenge by more than 2 points this time. Also, I caught Moltres as I gave up on SRing for shiny and used a Quick Ball. Today, I took Entei on the Pokewalker and caught a Shellder, might search for more Pokemon later.

Champion Jared 14

So, I'm rebattling Janine at the Fighting Dojo...and she sends out Crobat first...against my Donphan, the first attack she has it use is Heat Wave...Last time I checked, that was a fire attack...Since when could Crobat use a fire attack like Heat Wave??

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I finally caught a Shiny Suicune! :)

Also, I've been rebattling some of the gym leaders for some practice and some training. And I've been working on building up my guys... been training at Mt. Silver, and over by Cianwood City (battling against Tentacool and Tentacruel -- all around lv. 30 and up), and over at the Seafoam Islands... good battling there against Golducks, Zubats and Golbats...

Status
Not open for further replies.