• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
started off in ecrutek with helping the Kimono Girl, battle was quite easy. I then headed too the burnt tower and had growlithe and aerodactyl take care of my rivals team. I then went and finished getting growlithe upto lvl 23 B4 i took her to the gym. In the Gym Groelithe took out every single trainer's pokemon with bite and aerodactyl did the same with morty. I then went and got the rest of my team upto lvl 25 to match Growlithe and met the safari zone man.

I skipped most of the trainers on the way to the Safari zone guy so my plan is to go fight them next.

Team
Bayleaf lvl 25
magnemite lvl 25
aerodactyl lvl 25
growlithe lvl 25

Last edited:

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
I used Hoenn Sound last night and caught Plusle and Minun, training for the Battle Frontier aswell. Today took Absol on a walk and still going...

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
I FINALLY got it, well actually I got both of them thanks to a mix up with my Grandma. I got them Yesterday, but I've done a lot in the past 2 days so I will skip most of it and skip to what I did today, but first my team so far. BTW I am playing SS first then I will go onto HeartGold

Meganium (Faelnirv) Lvl 35
Togetic (Faith) Lvl 35
Ampharos (Storm)
Nidorino (Will name when I evolve it) Lvl 32, in training
Golduck (Will name when Nidorino evolves) Lvl 35
HM Slave

I'm at the 6th gym and I feel awfully under leveled, I felt over leveled for most of the game till the 5th gym, even though I haven't had any problems with the gyms so far.

I haven't done to much today though, I got the secret potion for Ampy, beat the 4th, 5th and about to beat the 6th, I added a Golduck and the Nidorino to my team and that was about it.

Tomorrow I have some trading to do from Pearl and Platinum to get some Items and that from them.

I will infrom you of my progress when I next can.

Pokedex; Seen - 117, Obtaned - only 27 (haven't had enough for pokeballs...)
Badges:5
Time: 22 hours and 27 mins.

FYI: I haven't planned out this team but I have for HeartGold so when I start HG I will tell you my team. I have a lot of breeding ahead of me...

Bye all

Last edited:

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
SoulSilver Journey Post 48

Sorry about not posting in a while...

Anyways, I got my first random encounter shiny today. I'm not to happy about it though. Because today is Thursday, I decided to play the Sinnoh Sound on the radio. I'm north from Goldenrod City when a shiny Pokemon comes out. I really wasn't paying attention until I heard the sparkle and I look at my DS to see... a Bidoof... I caught him, but the thing is, I already have a shiny Bidoof from Platinum. How infuriating.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I just left route 42. I was EV training charizard. Now it's time to train my Metgross with 204 attack at level 50. PWNAGE!!!!

Sprat

Ooo, Kinky!
I just left route 42. I was EV training charizard. Now it's time to train my Metgross with 204 attack at level 50. PWNAGE!!!!

Nice one matey, could you breed and trade Beldum with me??? and where did you EV train it in attack and against which pokemon???

Anyway I just caught Horsea off Winners path pokewalker route with muddy water ... just training it to seadra then getting it to a kingdra hopefully this will join my team :)

Typhlowolf

.:Beriothien:.
The Adventure of a Lifetime Begins!

~May 19, 2010~

I began my Pokemon adventure! :D I was so excited to be able to travel around with my very first Pokemon. I chose Cyndaquil, and I am so happy that I did! His name is Beriothien, which means "protector." I see him as being not only my team leader, but ultimately my greatest powerhouse and friend I can truly count on.

He has a naive nature and likes to fight. >:3 He's a fabulous battler and he's so happy and spirited. :D

So, we traveled around the countryside until we made it to Mr. Pokemon's house and received an egg, and my Pokedex! :D But then as we were leaving, we got a shaky call from Professor Elm, so we hurried back through Cherrygrove City where we ran into this red-haired boy. He surely was a buttwipe. >/ But, haha, Berio-kun kicked his Totodile's behind.

Unfortunately, after getting back to the lab, we discover that the boy we battled had stolen that Totodile from the lab. :( But I gave his name, Silver, to the cop, then gave the egg to the Professor.

After Elm freaked out a bit, he sent us off on our journey. :D Beriothien and I trained for a while and then called it a night. I love him. <3

~May 20, 2010~

I took Berio-kun out to go find some Apricorns that had grown back from yesterday, and while we were headed to Mr. Pokemon's tree on Route 30, we found a wild Pidgey. We captured her and named her Elarinya which means "morning star." She has an impish nature and is a bit stubborn. She is such a sweetheart. :> I have only begun training her, but she works very hard and will be a fabulous battler. :)

So now we're chilling in New Bark Town before continuing our training.

Last edited:

Evil Quagsire

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny
So I'm playing Pokemon on HARD MODE. That is to say, I kinda dumped my starter in the PC, and went for more challenging Pokemon. Though, I was kind of attempting to EV train CHOMPERS the Totodile before I got bored and just boxed it. I also, alas, had to box my second-in-command, an adorable Furret named Tanooki!. I just beat Whitney with this team:

Capt. Cool the Crobat - Lv. 23
(Wing Attack/Bite/Astonish/Confuse Ray)
Doomy the Dunsparce - Lv. 18
(Rollout/Headbutt/Glare/Yawn)
Lazer Owl the Hoothoot - Lv. 19
(Uproar/Peck/Hypnosis/Foresight) (my Morty killer, will dump for something better afterwards)
Banana the Slugma - Lv. 18
(Ember/Rock Throw/Smog/Yawn)
Smashley the Dratini - Lv. 18
(Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Twister/Dragon Rage)
Skip the Wooper - Lv. 18
(Headbutt/Water Gun/Mud Shot/Tail Whip)

Granted, it's not very versatile, but I'm sure I can find an unorthodox replacement for Lazer Owl. And I dunno why everyone's always wailing about Whitney. She didn't give me any trouble in either HeartGold or SoulSilver. I opened with Doomy, who got in a Glare before being Attracted and then Stomp KO'd. Then I sent in Capt. Cool with Confuse Ray, and then just spammed Wing Attack to victory. Actually, Capt. Cool also defeated Bugsy. Hell, he may even be critical in the fight against morty, and definitely Chuck. Daaaaaaamn, I love my Crobat.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Pryce was booked solid for a couple of days. You'd think there weren't that many Trainers going for their seventh Badge, but there were. I did finally manage to battle him, though. Sirene took care of his Seel with a few Shadow Balls and his Piloswine with two Surfs. I sent out Beta against Dewgong. I'll admit I could've finished it with Thunder, but I just spammed Magnet Bomb to get him to say Willow was his middle name (hint to the 5th Gen professor, maybe?). Needless to say, Beta was frustrated with me. But a Brick Break from Olympia took it down easily. Glacier Badge get!

As I left the Gym, I got a call from Professor Elm about Team Rocket taking over the Radio Tower. I checked the Pokegear's radio, and, sure enough, Team Rocket announced their comeback.

So I high-tailed it to Goldenrod, where I got a Team Rocket uniform to try and infiltrate the tower. After ****ing around listening to the townspeople's reactions, I almost made it past the Grunt guarding the stairs, when who should appear but Silver. And you know what he does? He strips off my uniform, the pervert! (Keep in mind I'm playing as the girl.) So I'm forced to battle the Grunt, and a ******-off Coal takes his rage out on his two Raticates.

After that, I climb up the tower, battling grunts and scientists along the way, and at the top, I meet Petrel disguised as the Director, and Abbey takes out his team full of Koffings (and one Weezing). He gives me the Basement Key for some reason, and the Underground becomes my next stop.

After I make short work of Silver with a combination of Beta and Olympia, I learned to configure the switches to the doors blocking my way. I noticed a couple Burglars hanging out, and they didn't seem bothered by Team Rocket. Eventually, I reached the Director, and he gave me a Card Key, with the plea to save Pokemon nationwide.

So, back to the tower. I fight my way through Proton, Ariana, and finally, Archer, effectively disbanding Team Rocket for good. The Director appears, safe and sound, and he gives me a Silver Wing for my troubles. With Team Rocket gone, I decided to use the Day Care to bump everyone up to level 35. Coal's currently at level 37, but I may use the Day-Care to bump him up to 40. Either way, I'm taking a small break after Team Rocket's defeat. On Monday, I'll pick up the game again and make my way to Blackthorn City.

Current SoulSilver team:
Coal (;157;) - Level 37
Tornade (;230;) - Level 35
Olympia (;214;) - Level 35
Abbey (;065;) - Level 35
Beta (;082;) - Level 35
Sirene (;134;) - Level 35

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
After writing this once before and then losing the connection JUST as I pressed send here you go...

Yesterday Evening - I trained my Nidorino to lvl 35 to be even with the others, I think took on Jasmine and wiped her out easily thanks to Nidorinos' Double Kick.

Today - Carrying on from last night. I then went of to see the finished Safari Zone, training Faelnirv to lvl 40 along the way, I caught the Geodude easily then went around trying to add to my Pokedex. I then started training Nidorino to lvl 40 and it was easy thanks to Chucks gym. I got the call from Elm and went onto take out the Grunts in the Tower getting Faith up to lvl 40 as well.

I then traded a Salamence, Togekis, Kyorge, Scizor and Heatran over from my Pearl holding various items of help. The Salamence and the Togekiss are going to be used for breeding puposes later on ;)

My Current Team:
Golduck - lvl 38, currently in training
Storm the Ampharos - lvl 35 next to be trained
Faelnirv the Meganium - lvl 40
Faith the Togetic - lvl 40
Nidorino - lvl 40
HM Slave

Pokedex: Seen - 135, Obtained - 38, (I know that the pokemon I have caught is very low, but, I thought that I will do what I usually do and go on a Catching spree when I have the National dex, or, in this case I am the champion of Kanto)

Time: 28 Hours, 5 Mins

Bye for now! *waves*

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
Well, I've earned all of the badges and am currently training for the Elite Four...but just a short few minutes ago I go a pleasant surprise. For the first time ever, my Pokemon have the Pokerus. I've been playing for ten years, and have never encountered it before today. But, I'm happy to say my Togetic, Quagsire, and Weepinbell all have it.

Training is going to be fun now. :)

^wow, I'm more lucky than I realized. In almost every file of every pokemon game I've played since learning about pokerus I have ended up getting it without even realizing it. I go heal my Pokemon, Nurse Joy tells me that my Pokemon has(have) pokerus, I check to seewhich one has it, and discover that it has already spread to over half of my party. I can never find out which pokemon starts it in any file, but I always get it long before the E4.

My SS team is very well polished right now:
Spike (Feraligatr): Lv100; Ice Beam, Surf, Water Pulse, Bite
Toxicroak: Lv67; Poison Jab, Earthquake, Sludge Bomb, Dark Pulse
Glalie: Lv68; Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Ice Fang, Sheer Cold
Sceptile: Lv66; Leaf Blade, X Scissor, Night Slash, Grass Knot
Dragonite: Lv72; Fly, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Outrage
Iron (Metagross): Lv75; Meteor Mash, Hammer Arm, Flash Cannon, Psychic

Unfortunately I can't seem to find a good pokemon for the last spot on my HG team though:
Barbequil (Typhlosion): Lv93; Eruption, Swift, Shadow Claw, Flamethrower
Meganium: Lv72; Ancientpower, Magical Leaf, Energy Ball, Giga Drain
Flygon: Lv58; Fly, Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Dragonbreath
Swampert: Lv58; Surf, Water Pulse, Ice Beam, Earthquake
Raikou: Lv81 (I think); Thunderbolt, Extrassenssory, Shock Wave, Crunch
*I have a few options for #6, but all of them have problems to deal with:
My Lv55 Aggron was doing well for a while, but it is very slow; and for a pokemon like him, who have two types with common weaknesses to two attack types (In this case, Ground and Fighting attacks), it is very bad to have a low speed stat.
Gallade was doing well, but it takes faaaar too long to level up; level 50 right now and already needs more EXP per level up than my Swampert or Flygon, both of whom are Lv58.
Venusaur has potential, but I already have a Grass-type with a strong foothold in my team.
Walrein could work, but I already have a Water-type on my team.

jadebullet

I finally got my Umbreon.
I decided to swap my Quillava for a Scyther.
And I had a bunch of evolutions.

I am currently kicking Rocket trainers at Mohagony.

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
I finally beat Lance! I got my national dex, and I got to the Battle Frontier. Now I'm on the SS Aqua ready to get underway towards Kanto.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
So, I got Gible and Shroomish eggs, and I traded over all of my important Pokemon from HG over to Platinum, and then started HG over. I chose a female Jolly Totodile whose name is Happy!(the exclamation point is part of her name). I did all of the beginning stuff, and once I got the Pokeballs, I caught three random Pokemon, so I could trade over my Shroomish and Gible eggs. Once they hatched, I named them Speedy! and Skippy! respectively. I got them both to level 9 to match Happy! and headed to Violet City. Once I got there, I sped through the Sprout Tower, and went to the gym. It was relatively easy with Speedy! getting rid of Falkner's Pidgey, and Skippy's Dragon Rage OHKOing his Pidgeotto.

I headed to the Pokemart to pick up my Togepi egg, and after a few SRs, I got a Timid Serene Grace Togepi named Chirpy! I set off to train Chirpy! in the small grass outside of New Bark Town, when one of the kids I was with at the time asked to play the game, so I let her. When I picked up the game again, I noticed something; Chirpy! had Pokerus! I made sure to spread it to a few extra Pokemon, and then I set off to continue training. Best training moment? Chirpy! used Metronome! Chirpy! used Judgement! And with training done, I set off to Azalea Town, which is where I am now. I beat the Rockets, my rival, and Bugsy, so now I'm headed to Goldenrod!

Current Team:
Happy! the Jolly Totodile: 17 Moves: Scratch, Bite, Water Gun, Rage
Speedy! the Jolly Shroomish: 17 Moves: Leech Seed, Seed Bomb, Spore, Tackle
Skippy! the Jolly Gible: 17 Moves: Take Down, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Dragon Rage
Chirpy! the Timid Togepi: 17 Moves: Sweet Kiss, Charm, Extrasensory, Metronome

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
I made it to Fuschia City and started transfering pokemon from my LeafGreen version, including my Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Tyranitar, Dragonite, and others.

I even transfered my Shiny Haunter and evolved it into Gengar via the GTS glitch. Now I'm gonna try the Kanto Gyms.

Typhlowolf

.:Beriothien:.
~May 21, 2010~

So, Beriothien and Elarinya and I set off to train a bit more along Route 29 and Route 30. We hadn't battled any of the trainers along that route or the next one, because we were waiting for two very special team members to be transferred from Sinnoh. :)

I caught two male Pidgeys and sent them off to Sinnoh, and in return received Morohtar (which means "dark warrior"), my male Shinx, and Raina (which means "gracious"), my female Chikorita. :D:D I was so happy when they arrived, and so were Berio-kun and Elarinya. The four of them became fast friends, it really made me happy. :>

Morohtar is a hardy little Pokemon and loves - I mean LOVES - to run! He'll just randomly burst out into sprints and I have to race to keep up with the little guy! Ahaha, he's adorable. And so very affectionate. :> Must be due to the fact he's just a little cub. :D But once he matures into a big strong lion~y~Pokemon, I hope he'll still be cuddly towards me. :]

Raina is very bold, sometimes to the point of being irrational. :x For instance, she saw this juicy apple hanging in a tree on Route 29 and just RAMMED her whole body into the trunk to get the apple to shake loose. Uhhh...bear in mind she knew Razor Leaf at the time. xD;; Ahaha, I love her though. She also dozes off quite often. I think it's cute. :> And I can relate, I could take a nap just about anywhere if I wanted to, ahaha.

So we trained for a bit and then called it a night.

~May 22, 2010~

My team and I did some more training before finally battling those trainers on Routes 30 and 31. Morohtar and I checked out Dark Cave a little too, but he seemed a little worried about the cold, so we left until we could light up the place.

Then we made it to Violet City. Finally! We explored the entire place, talking to people and learning some new things along the way. That's really all we did there so far. xD We're going to explore the Ruins and Sprout Tower tomorrow. And then training for our first Johto Gym match shall commence! Muahahahaha!!! >:O

~.:.~.:.~

For those of you who read my posts, you're probably wtfing about why it took me four days to reach Violet City. Well, first off, it's summer, so I'm outside a lot. xD But also, I decided when I bought this game that I would really, really take my time with it. Soak everything up and make my journey last as long as possible. Afterall, Johto is my favorite region and where Pokemon originally began for me. So yeah, I'm taking my sweet time. :>

Last edited:

noraabbor150593

Legendary Master
Well I'm quite surprised that after restarting Soul Silver, I've made to Mount Silver already! All I need to do now is trade over my "Red Battle" team from Heart Gold, and then I shall be the champion. Mwahahahahaha! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.