• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got HeartGold a few weeks ago and I've beaten all 16 gyms, but I'm nowhere close to being ready to face Red! Although I wanted to be as honest as I could, I did get some Pokemon from my friend who has beaten SS and uses action replay on his Pearl. The only one I really use is the Piloswine he gave me to beat Lance's Aerodactyl (my two mains are Tysplosion and Pidgeot, so Rock Slide murdered me) but I also go a Turtwig and an Eevee that I used to get 7 Eevee eggs. (Yes, I plan on having all evolutions)

I'm mostly just training right now, outside of Mt. Silver 'cause I can't beat the 2nd round of the Elite Four. As soon as I level up some, I'm gonna beat Red to get him out of the way, and start completing my PokeDex!

My Main Team

;018 ;Pidgeot (Pydje) Lv 80
;157; Tysplosion (Quyl) Lv 69
;473; Mamoswine Lv 60
;196; Espeon (Essie) Lv 52 (Currently EV SP. Attack training, so he has Power Lens)
;144; Articuno (Suni) Lv 51
;405; Luxray (Lex) Lv 44

I got HeartGold a few weeks ago and I've beaten all 16 gyms, but I'm nowhere close to being ready to face Red! Although I wanted to be as honest as I could, I did get some Pokemon from my friend who has beaten SS and uses action replay on his Pearl. The only one I really use is the Piloswine he gave me to beat Lance's Aerodactyl (my two mains are Tysplosion and Pidgeot, so Rock Slide murdered me) but I also go a Turtwig and an Eevee that I used to get 7 Eevee eggs. (Yes, I plan on having all evolutions)

I'm mostly just training right now, outside of Mt. Silver 'cause I can't beat the 2nd round of the Elite Four. As soon as I level up some, I'm gonna beat Red to get him out of the way, and start completing my PokeDex!

My Main Team

;018; Pidgeot (Pydje) Lv 80
;157; Tysplosion (Quyl) Lv 69
;473; Mamoswine Lv 60
;196; Espeon (Essie) Lv 52 (Currently EV SP. Attack training, so he has Power Lens)
;144; Articuno (Suni) Lv 51
;405; Luxray (Lex) Lv 44

Last edited:

DarkerShining

Heart Gold: Have gotten pretty far, I currently have seven badges, and I just took down Team Rocket and saved the radio tower. I finally bred a Cyndaquil with extrasesonsory, which hatched shortly after I saved the radio tower. Traded the Cyndaquil to Platinum in exchange for a Chimchar.

hadares

I have collected all the shiny leaves and I have beaten Red. I am currently working on the National Dex. I have every pokemon in my PC boxes in order from #1-120. I need to get #121 which is starmie. I have a staryu ready to evolve but I don't have a water stone to evolve it with. The poethlon dome in not in stock with them right now so I'm just trying to beat the pokethlon record. I have beat them all except for pennant capture. That event is impossible. Luckily tomorrow there will be another water stone in the shop and I will finally be able to continue with my pokedex.

hadares

I have collected all the shiny leaves and I have beaten Red. I am currently working on the National Dex. I have every pokemon in my PC boxes in order from #1-120. I need to get #121 which is starmie. I have a staryu ready to evolve but I don't have a water stone to evolve it with. The poethlon dome in not in stock with them right now so I'm just trying to beat the pokethlon record. I have beat them all except for pennant capture. That event is impossible. Luckily tomorrow there will be another water stone in the shop and I will finally be able to continue with my pokedex.

We should make a guide for the Pokeathlon. I've been experimenting with the apricorns and shakes and truth behold it works a lot like PokeBlocks and Poffins, only the status decrease, increase, neutral (does nothing) depending on the pokemon's taste. Yeah, I've been doing a lot in the PokeAthlon. Got all 27 of the card ID's. What's interesting about Aprishakes (the ones from the stand) have a temporary effect until you put your Pokemon in their PC boxes; which means it will negate the previous effects you used for that Pokemon.

Chaos Rush

Decided to restart HeartGold since it was really boring after getting 16 Badges.

I picked Cyndaquil. Caught some Pokemon. I also got Duskull, Horsea, and Bronzor from my PokeWalker. Battled Falkner. He wasn't too hard. Then I got a Tangela egg from Wifi.

Current team:
Lv11 Pidgey
Lv13 Cyndaquil
Lv9 Horsea
Lv1 Tangela

Planned team:
Pidgeot
???
???
Kingdra
Tangrowth
Typhlosion

Luxray13579

I have beaten all of the gym leaders in Johto and Kanto (a long time ago). I have also beaten Red and my team is currently level 84-90, no cheats. For now I am working on my Pokedex. My trainer card is green.

My team is:
Luxray 88
Ho-oh 86
Feraligatr 90
Machamp 84
Venusaur 85
Tyranitar 86

Luxray, Machamp and Tyranitar were nature trained and hatched in my Platinum so I could slighly have and edge, the when I got HG I traded them over at level 5.

ZackZenith!

我们都有一个家,名字叫中国
Beat the league for the second time last night. I couldn't believe how many times I was hit with critical hits D:

Trying to hatch a bold feebas with (near)perfect IV's in defense and special attack and maybe HP, along with a sassy eevee with some good IV's in attack and in the defensive department. I'm having trouble getting the right natures.

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
a lots happened since I last posted, so for those of you keeping track, thanks for making me feel special and listen up.

after owning all of the trainers in my path, Spectre tore apart goldenrod city inside the gym and out. and my togepi egg hatched, to my dismay of terrible IVs, nature, and ability, so i plan on breeding for one. I've got my team built up pretty strong, and after replacing Daemon the aron with Reaver the aron (different nature and higher atk IV) I set out to the league. I spent about 2 hours training Maelstrom the ralts into a kirlia so as to take down Morty, but it turned out that his gengar still swept away everybody with shadow ball until Sabre the Scizor charged in with pursuit. Much to Morty's dismay, Gengar went and cried in a corner after Sabre backhanded him into next week.

I then proceeded to Ollivine, after training Fawkes the Quilava up in the area in between (I am very particular about my Starter being the helm of my team). I traded over a Staryu I had spent an hour to get in diamond and evolved it into Starmie (yet to be named) who then knew recover, ice beam, surf, and thunderbolt, all the colors of the Starmie rainbow. surfing to cianwood annoyed me, due to the fact that Maelstrom once again stole the limelight with magical leaf and evolving into gardevoir after killing all of the gym trainers and a wild tentacool. After calm mind (which I used just to brag that i could sweep chuck in a second.) Maelstrom, being a good eight levels ahead of everyone else, took a back seat after that.

I traveled to ollivine with a fly slave and continued through the lighthouse, using Fawkes as much as possible. He fought bravely and eventually leveled a few times, along with Starmie as well. Of course, I went on to Jasmine, with Fawkes trumping her steel-types with flamethrower (of which I traded over, do you honestly expect me to use ember?). and then I moved on.

after heading through Ecruteak and making it to Mahogany, I traveled onward to the lake of rage, taking care not to get swindled by team rocket. I SRed a few times for an adamant one to collect, but made short work of him with Maelstrom using calm mind and then psychic, at which point Sabre ground him down with some not-very-effectives. I then purged Mahogany town of it's Team Rocket infestation and killed Pryce with fawkes. I had to use Starmie to kill dewgong, but Fawkes killed the rest. Afterward I went to Goldenrod to find out what was going down and whipped them all with Reaver, who had to take a few poke-center breathers for more PP. He evolved, and we moved on with our lives.

Fawkes evolved in Ice Path, and put me one step closer to my complete team. I helped out a kimono girl with no common sense as to wear boots in a cave of ice, but I didn't say anything. I got out and after Maelstrom muscled through the gym trainers I spent some time training up starmie for the big battle against Claire, who's Kingdra was a nasty piece of work. I planned on using Maelstrom with calm mind to barrage my way through the others and weaken Kingdra to clear a path for Starmie and Kingdra to duke it out, and after a few turns and dilemmas of starting it up, it was just my luck for Maelstrom to total kingdra after so much planning. Oh well, I'm not crying.

I got to the point of free dratini giveaways, and plan on SRing for a good one. And so ends the epic of Soroft the Johto Savior, Wielder of Wi-Fi and Tamer of Big Scary Guys in Black Suits with Weak Pokemon.

Btw, anyone got a decent IVed togepi with modest serene grace? Willing to trade for it.

bobri28

Get your snacks
well after about 2 weeks of training and 20+ soft resets, i finally deteated the ELite four and Lance and got into the hall of fame. I went back to Newbark and got the SS ticket. I met professor oak and had my pokedex upgraded to the national mode. I got on the SS Aqua and got to vermillion city. we moved onto saffron and then Cerulean. WE caught the shady character and took the part ack to the power plant, found copycat's doll and then continued onto celadon city, then fuchsia city where we decided to have a gym battle. I OHKO'd all of Janines pokemon except venomoth. Now we are in lavender town with one kanto badge

Team:
;148; Eldonte lv. 43
;156; Pyro lv. 49
;189; Skippy lv. 45
;208; Rocky lv. 44
;227; Alsteelia lv. 42
;249; Raleena lv. 52

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
I'm currently training a team of Pokemon that can be evolved by a stone:
-Budew LV15
-Pikachu LV13
-Growlithe LV24
-Gloom LV20
-Shellder LV15
-Misdreavus LV37
not much else other than that at the moment...

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
After my weekend off, I made it through the Ice Path and helped the last Kimono Girl. I also picked up Waterfall, but Tornade already knows it, so, yeah.

As soon as I arrived in Blackthorn City, I made for the Gym. The Trainers were no problem, but I had to keep resetting against Clair. I lost count at five.

But anyway, rather than leading with Beta, I had to waste Charge Beam on Abbey and lead with her. Two Charge Beams took out Gyarados, but I only got one boost (weak!). I don't remember how I took out her first Dragonair, only that Abbey's Focus Blast wasn't enough. But when Kingdra came out, Beta really shone. First, he tanks Kingdra's Hydro Pump with 1 HP, then Para-fuses it, and Kingdra kept attacking itself! I could not have been luckier if I had tried! The second Dragonair went down with two Ice Beams from Sirene. And there you go.

I went to the Dragon's Den to take the test, and passed with flying colors. It was amusing to see Clair freak out. So anyway, Rising Badge get!

After getting Dragon Pulse from Clair on the way out, I stopped by the shrine again to pick up my Dratini. I settled for a female Mild one.

So Elm said he had something for me, and it was a Master Ball! After hearing that the Kimono Girls were looking for me, it's off to Ecruteak I went! I saw Silver having just lost to the Kimono Girls, and I found it sweet he had a little faith in me.

After the Kimono Girls went down, we all heard that Lugia had returned to the Whirl Islands. So I Surfed over there and got to the whirlpool before I realized I didn't have Whirlpool! Not wanting to go back, I got rid of Tornade's Brine, which wasn't all that useful to me. With everything all set, I battled, and ultimately caught, Lugia.

I'm currently in Blackthorn City with the intent to travel south and take on any Trainers that might be there.

No more team updates for a while, it's pretty much the same except levels.

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
Well I haven't been able to a lot recently. I beat the E4 with only a 4 SRs lol, I found it relatively easy, I mainly used my Ampharos and the Modest Lugia I caught (It's Modest and has 31 Sp.Atk IVs and 26 Speed, I think myself very lucky lol).

Here is the team I used to beat the E4, the bold Levels are the ones I finished the League with:

Storm the Ampharos - Level 44, Lvl 48 (the new head of my team :p)
Faelnirv the Meganium - Level 45 (didn't use it once)
Faith the Togectic - Level 44 (helped only on the Poison type leader)
Flying Ice the Lugia - Level 45, Lvl 47
Golduck - Level 45 Lvl 46 (still haven't got around to naming it!!!)
Nidoking - Level 43, Didn't use this as it's being replaced although it did come in handy and I might breed another one.

So after I beat Lance and got the SS Ticket I headed to Kanto to get my Kanto starter ASAP only to find out I had to do some stuff first. So I set about trading over some pokemon from Pearl with the Power Items and a few Heart scales and such. I traded over my SS team onto Pearl where Aiedail the Tranpich was waiting to join them. On Pearl I used the EV reducing berries and used the proteins on them. I'm only doing basic 252 / 252 / 4 Sets as I don't want to be wasting time with proper sets. Once I had them EVed up I traded them back onto SS and flew to route 45 where I will be starting Faelnirvs' Defence training.

On my Poke Walker I found out a way to make quick steps without actually walking, I think that's considered cheating to I shan't share with you how I did it. Anyway using this method (and a 5 mile walk don't get me wrong) I manged to get 9045 steps and started my hunt for a Beldum (I don't remember the name of the course) I didn't find one but I did ctach 2 Horseas and 1 Bronzor none of them good natures and none of them the pokemon I was lookinf for so I will try again soon.

Till Next time
Bye *Waves*

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
SoulSilver Journey Post 49

I've finally finished my mass transfer of EV trained Pokemon from Platinum to SoulSilver. I just need to EV train a few Pokemon and I'm all set. Among the Pokemon I traded were the Newmoon Island Darkrai and the Flower Paradise Shaymin getting me a Gracidea, but that doesn't matter since I got my Darkrai in SoulSilver. You can obviously see why I'm happy (if not then look at my name). Other than that, I worked on the Battle Frontier. More specifically the Battle Factory. I worked my way up to battling Thorton for the Gold Print. Of course I took a trainers Garchomp after beating him/her before Thorton. The Frontier Brain was a bit harder surprising me with Regice, but his whole team was easy to take care of after that. Seriously, a Lopunny and Granbull that can't do crap and he expects to win? I got my first Gold Print and will work on the rest of the Frontier (using my own Garchomp).

TerraWolf

Banned
Well, I restarted my game.
Chose Totodile.
Walked my way earning 7 badges and getting 4 pokemon to join Toto.
Now Raiding the Radio tower.

Team-
Noct/Noctowl-lv 31
Kenya/Fearow-lv 29
Toto/Feraligatr-lv 31
FyFy/Ampharos-lv 31
Vee/Eevee-lv 34(hopefully evolves into Espeon)

I'm gonna add ES Dratini as mmy 6th member then train all to lv 40-43 and battle the E4.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Trying to train for Red. Everyone is at level 55 so I have a lonnnng way to go.

Incidentally, can anyone recommend good training methods that don't involve the Elite Four or Gym Leader rematches? I'm stuck training at Mt. Silver and it's just not doing it for me.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Defeated Palmer with my Starmie, didn't even need other pokemon. But that was only the first battle with him, time to climb up to second challenge.

And haven't even gone to Kanto yet...

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
SoulSilver Journey Post 50

50 posts on this thread...

Well not really to celebrate 50 posts, but I decided to fight Red today which is coincidental. This battle showed that I can defeat Red without losing any Pokemon and not using any items despite my team all being at level 75. Defeating Red put the Score on my Trainer Card to 10000 which is also more of a coincidence. The last thing I did was take a photo right outside my house and save in New Bark Town.

I received Pokemon: Soulsilver as a gift yesterday. I am very excited for the things to come.

I picked Totodile as my starter, and shoved him in a PC box as soon as I was able to catch myself a Spearow.

Then I saved the game, and most of what has happened since has taken place on the Pokewalker. Since it does effect my game journey, I feel it is okay to post those events here.

-I transferred Totodile to my Pokewalker.
-I caught a Paris in the Noisy Forest route.
-I unlocked the Rugged Road route.
-I caught a Magby on the Rugged Road route.(Hoothoot joined me.)
-I unlocked the Beautiful Beach route.
-I caught a Staryu on the Beautiful Beach route.(Wooper joined me.)
-I unlocked the Suburban Area route.
-I caught Magnemite, Murkrow, and Elekid on the Suburban Area route.

After I had caught all of those Pokemon, I decided I had a decent selection capable of joining together and creating a diverse and powerful team.

So, I chose which ones would be best suited for my personal preferences, and then I leveled them all up to Level 11. I am currently saved in the Violet City Pokemon mart.

My team so far consists of the following:

Paras
Level 11
Mild Nature

-Scratch
-Stun Spore
-PoisonPowder
-Leech Life

Staryu
Level 11
Timid Nature

-Tackle
-Water Gun
-Rapid Spin
-Harden

Spearow
Level 11
Lax Nature

-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Fury Attack

Magnemite
Level 11
Mild Nature

-Metal Sound
-Tackle
-Thundershock
-Supersonic

Magby
Level 11
Quiet Nature

-Smog
-Smokescreen
-Ember
-Sunny Day

Pinsir will be added as soon as I am able to attend a Bug Catching contest.

I am so amazed and excited about the Pokewalker. It promotes exercise, sure. But where it really shines is its ability to give the player access to Multitudes of rare and powerful Pokemon, very early in the game. For instance, my play time right now is 1 hour and 45 minutes. I could have went faster sure, but still. To be able to have such a diverse and a strong team before the first gym(Before you can trade)....

It is nearly impossible in any Pokemon game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.