• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
Just beat the 8th Gym. About to go into the Elite 4 but Training first.

Team:-(Same Order as my Last Post)
  • Ambipom Lv:52
  • Ambipom Lv:54
  • Ambipom Lv:43(Training)
  • Ambipom Lv:40(Training)
  • Ambipom Lv:41(Training)
  • Ambipom Lv:57

7 tyranitars

well yesterday I bought soulsilver, I didn't had much time to play on it yet but this is what happened

-chose the male trainer normaly I switch, playinh as a differend gender on the other game but I don't like the girl much :p
-chose totodile as a starter
-got the egg
-defeated my rival
-catched a pidgey and a ledyba
-arrived a violet

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
I have decided to use the Evolutionary Stones on my party now, I think they're ready... After, I'm gonna do some training for the Battle Frontier- still haven't set foot in there yet! Also considering competing in more Pokeathlon challenges.

OJG

r u not entertained
So, I beat the 7th gym, and managed to get some assistance in evolving Gengar and Magnezone. All four members are now level 42, and I'm about to add my 5th with Swinub. A Snow Cloak Adamant Female Swinub would be perfect, although gender isn't important. I'll then train Mamoswine to parity and tackle Clair and the Dragon Gym, before obtaining the Extremespeed Dratini to complete my squad. A team of Feraligatr, Heracross, Magnezone, Gengar, Mamoswine and Dragonite shouldn't have any problems defeating the Elite Four.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Did alot since my last post, including beat chuck, catch a shellder and reach the safari zone. with all my pokemon at lvl 29 and shellder and 21 i started her training on the route to the safari zone. After awhile i got bored of the training and stoped at lvl 23. I chose to go get badge #6 from jasmine next, but i ran into trouble when i found her steelix at lvl 35. I then waited 2 days for the fire stone to be a prize at the pokeathlon dome so i could evolve growlithe for the jasmine fight. In the process of gaining points for the stone i managed to win in the stamina and jump rounds. with a new arcanine i managed to take out jasmine with help from bayleaf for steelix. Bayleaf fainted but did lower steelix to half HP. i then headed for the lake of rage and got some items from around the lake. during my surf around the lake magnemite evolved, and i now plan on trading magneton to pearl for evolution. When i found the hidden power TM, Baoba called me with challenge 2

i am now in the "zone" looking for sandrew, and also unsure if i should replace shellder with the red gyrados or lapras

Team
Shellder lvl 25
Bayleaf lvl 29
magneton lvl 30
aerodactyl lvl 29
arcanine lvl 30

Matchre

Burn, baby, burn.
62 'mons obtained! Keep on trucking, self. Beat the snot out of Morty, he was a lot less of a desperate struggle than the fight with Whitney was, but he did take out Croconaw with a rather CHEAPITY CHEAP CHEAAAAAAAP barrage of Shadow Ball. Kicked Sunkern out of the team for good in favor of a Paras, which has just now evolved into Parasect and caught up with the rest of the team. Feel kind of guilty for evolving the cute little thing into a mindcontrolled mushroom zombie, but thems the breaks, Paras!

Then wandered around for hours trying to figure out how to get Surf when I already had it. Man, changing the Dance Hall really threw me off. Currently leveling/exploring new areas/trawling for cool stuff before I go off to Cianwood. Dark Cave is sort of fun now if you don't bring Flash and DO bring Repel.

Team:
Shroombie/Parasect/lv25/Macho Brace
(knows Cut, Slash, Spore, and Leech Life)
Sheepman/Flaaffy/lv27/Quick Claw
(knows ThunderShock, Thunder Wave, Charge, and Strength)
Plot Token/Togetic/lv27/Shell Bell
(knows Yawn, Encore, Metronome, and Extrasensory)
Flamberge/Ponyta/lv26/Charcoal
(knows Fire Spin, Flame Wheel, Ember, and Headbutt)
Slash/Croconaw/lv26/Mystic Water
(knows Surf, Bite, Ice Fang, and Flail)
Balderdash/Graveler/lv26/Hard Stone
(knows SelfDestruct, Rock Smash, Magnitude, and Rock Throw)

As you can see, this team is an experiment in not using HM Slaves. It's actually not going too bad.

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
Well I managed to find a Electabuzz on my Pearl to breed on SS, So I traded it over with a Ditto but forgot to trade over the Machoke I had with Cross Chop so I am going to trade that over soon once I have a female Eleckid, then I will evolve it and trade over Machoke then do some more breeding for an Impish nature. So so far I have

-Breed a Night Slash jolly Torchic
-Breed a Hasty Dratini
-Traded over a rash ditto and a calm Electabuzz to breed
-Got HM Taunt
-Started training my Flygon up to Level 60 (currently 55)
-Got my hacked Pokemon Catcher from Pearl

Current team
Spectile - Pokemon Catcher
Flygon - Main battler
Golbat - Legendary Catcher (Will be Crobat soon)
HM Slave x2

Will Update when I have breed that Electabuzz

BrettvG

My first post in here so I'm kinda far into the game :)

I've got all the badges and I'm currently working hard on my Pokedex. Up to 273 atm so it's going alright :)

Hanging around the Safari Zone atm, just setting it up to catch some special pokemon in a while.

DSpanky1

Battle Hut Elite
Well, I decided to skip on battling Jasmine for the time being and headed to Mahogany Town to train some. Headed to the Lake of Rage and caught the Red Gyarados. Then I beat Team Rocket and decided to try to beat Pryce.
I taught Miltank Rock Smash which turned out to be a good idea, she took out all of the trainers and Pryce's Pokemon by herself.

Got the badge then headed into Mt. Mortar to train a little. Meowth evolved into Persian and then I decided to teach him Dig. Jasmine was next.

Beat Jasmine with Persian, Aipom, and Miltank. Persian took out both Magnemites with Dig and with the help of Aipom and Miltank Steelix went down. It went, Tickle, Tickle, Rock Smash, Rock Smash, Dig. Down went Steelix.

Headed to the Safari Zone to do the test then it's off to beat Team Rocket in Goldenrod.

Current Team

;190;(Lax) @None (Using Pickup)
Pickup
-Scratch
-Tickle
-Baton Pass
-Focus Punch

;128; (Hardy)@Lagging Tail
Intimidate
-Horn Attack
-Scary Face
-Payback
-Rest

;203; (Naughty)@Quick Claw
Early Bird
-Baton Pass
-Stomp
-Agility
-Psybeam

;022;(Naughty)@Sharp Beak
Keen Eye
-Fly
-U-turn
-Pursuit
-Aerial Ace

;241;(Adamant)@Shell Bell
Thick Fat
-Body Slam
-Milk Drink
-Rock Smash
-Rollout

;053;(Jolly)@Muscle Band
Technician
-Shadow Claw
-Dig
-Fake Out
-Headbutt

smartie

I did some training and tried to fight Red. I came nowhere close to winning! I decided to change my team a bit: Replaced Politoed with Suicune and replaced Noctowl with Swellow.

I really wish there was a better way to train my lvl 50 poke's up. There's no good training place without the VS seeker!

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
I went into the Safari Zone, dreading it after my previous shiny encounter that fled being a LV42 Furret. But, it was calling out to me, daring me to go in. I wish I didn't as I placed some objects around I encountered a shiny Gloom but once again I throw a safari Ball 1,2,3 NO it escapes again... The Safari Zone hates me, it draws me in then throws in a shiny that HAS to escape so it can mock me then do the same thing over again. Haven't done much else, apart from trying to get all of m Legendaries to at least LV65 because I'm bored, so why not train for awhile...

Sprat

Ooo, Kinky!
Well on my Heart Gold I tried my best to get most of the legendaries and I think I have done well.

I got these on my own game:
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Raikou
Entei
Scuicune
Lugia
Ho-oH
Latias
Kyogre
Rayquaza

Friends helped me:
Celebi
Mew
Dialga
Palkia

Also got the Arceus and got a Giratina from the event

All of these are legit apart from the Celebi which I find disapointing so im looking for a legit one!

I also got a lucky egg and gave it to my Feraligator and speeding through the Elite 4 time after time to get it to lvl 100. it is currently at level 96 "/

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
Decided to try and track down Raikou and Latias, the last 2 legendaries I can possibly get on HG alone.
Info on my others:
-Lugia LV77, Friend Ball- Punishment, Waterfall, Aeroblast, Ancientpower
-Mewtwo L73, Quick Ball- Psycho Cut, Psychic, Flamethrower, Poison Jab
-Ho-Oh LV67, Master Ball- Sacred Fire, Fly, Extrasensory, Giga Drain
-Zapdos LV62, Level Ball- Shock Wave, Rock Smash, Discharge, Drill Peck
-Articuno Lv62, Ultra Ball- Water Pulse, Steel Wing, Ice Beam, AncientPower
-Moltres LV62, Quick Ball- Flamethrower, Air Slash, Heat Wave, Solar Beam
-Suicune LV60, Level Ball- Ice Fang, Psychic, Aurora Beam, Surf
-Entei LV60, Ultra Ball- Strength, Fire Fang, Flamethrower, Stomp
-Kyogre LV58, Ultra Ball- Water Spout, Ice Beam, AncientPower, Whirlpool

I'm considering changing some of the moves whilst tracking down the last 2, if anyone has any suggestions I'm happy to hear as I'm trying to get type variation aswell for the Battle Frontier... I'm in a Legendary mood right now- before anyone says anything.

Blazing Charmander

After about a month and a half of enjoying Champion status and cherishing being under ownership of the 16 badges of Johto and Kanto, I feel like i've run into a dead end as far as training for Red is concerned. Due to the fact that trainers only wish to battle you in a window of time on certain days as well as Gym Leaders, i'm not making much real progress with my training as my activity isn't consistently high enough given that i'm busy with other things.

Either way, I decided to bolster my current trained Pokemon, aka my Hall of Fame team by migrating my FireRed scramble team over and training them too. Since I transferred them, they've all gained about a level each and my Shiny Growlithe has grown several levels in order to learn Flare Blitz. Now i'm hoping to track down a Fire Stone in order to finally evolve it into Arcanine. I also need to trade over my actual sixth FireRed team member, Eevee so that I can restart FireRed and also evolve it. Hopefully I can progress some more in readiness for fighting Red very soon.

Team on hand:
Feraligatr - Lv 66
Pidgeot - Lv 64
Victreebel - Lv 63
Espeon - Lv 64
Magmar - Lv 62
Ampharos - Lv 63

Reserves:
Togetic - Lv 27
Beedrill - Lv 20
Dino the Ivysaur - Lv 63
Buzz the Beedrill - Lv 61
Sparky the Pikachu - Lv 61
Bottles the Dugtrio - Lv 61
Glacia the Dewgong - Lv 61
Growlithe (Shiny) - Lv 48

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
SoulSilver Journey Post 54

My Eevee that I mentioned last post has been EV trained and has become an awesome Jolteon. Nickname will come later and I'll also say that I like EV training better in Platinum because I'm used to it in that game. Moving on, I did the Bug Catching Contest today and won... with a Combee, while 3rd place was a Beedrill and 2nd place was a Pinsir. I got some laughs out of that. Because I was visiting my grandparents house, I got on Wi-Fi for a short bit (I'll edit my sig later with my Friend Code) and went on the GTS for absolutely no reason. All I did was put a Meowth up for a Phanpy. Hoping to get an international one so I can get that Pokewalker course. My next planned thing is to go further my streak in the Battle Castle.

Typhlowolf

.:Beriothien:.
~May 31, 2010~

I spent this day training up Thalion, collecting Apricorns, and basically just relaxing with my Pokepals. :>

~June 1, 2010~

Today I worked on doing more training with Thalion, trying to get him caught up with the rest of my team. He's becoming such a great fighter. :D

I also decided to release Melima and Ainion (my Rattata and Togepi). The ranch was a good idea in theory, but truthfully...I was never planning on taking them out of the ranch very often to train them or anything. While the ranch itself was quite nice, it wasn't that big. And I felt selfish keeping them there just because I wanted them around, but wasn't planning on spending a ton of time with them. They deserve better than that.

So I set them free. I know they'll be okay. They'll probably stick together considering what good friends they'd become. It was hard letting them go. But in the end I feel it was the right thing to do. :)

~June 2, 2010~

I finally got Thalion up to level 15! So he matched the rest of my team. :) We then did some more exploring in Union Cave and made it outside to Route 33. But then we headed back through the cave to rest in the Pokemon Center and call it a night.

~June 3, 2010~

We first went around collecting Apricorns, then headed off to Azalea Town! As soon as we got there, we saw this Team Rocket thug pushing this older gentleman around. :mad: That made us angry, but we continued on through the town. We eventually met up with the man, Kurt, who told us Team Rocket had stolen the Slowpoke! We followed him to the Well and demolished Team Rocket. ;D

Afterwards, we just kind of hung out. Went back to Route 31 because Wad had another berry for us, then went back to Aalea. It was there that I found out the Charcoal Man's Pokemon and apprentice were missing. So we headed out to the forest to find them when I ran into that buttmunch, Silver. >/

He demanded a battle from me, so we fought. My whole team did an awesome job. :D

After that, we went and found the Farfetch'd and received the HM Cut. :>

Also, Raina evolved into Bayleef during our training. :D:D:D She's so awesome, I'm so happy she finally evolved!

So now we're resting in the Pokemon Center, and we'll begin our training for our next Gym battle shortly. :)

diamond trainer

Currently in the battle factory, since its Friday going to take the SS aqua in olivine to train my pokemon.

Currently in the battle factory, since its Friday going to take the SS aqua in olivine to train my Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Hayward-

Ronin Harrier
Just finished the E4 for the first time and on a ship bound for the Kanto mainland.

Here's the breakdown:

Mightyena Lv48
-Sucker Punch
-Crunch
-Thunder Fang
-Rock Smash

Medicham Lv48
-Psycho Cut
-Force Palm (soon to be replaced with Hi Jump Kick)
-Ice Punch
-Drain Punch (soon to be replaced with Thunderpunch)

Kingler Lv49
-Crabhammer
-X Scissor
-Rock Slide
-Strength (soon to be replaced with Brick Break)

Zangoose Lv48
-Swords Dance
-Crush Claw (soon to be replaced with Return)
-Shadow Claw
-Double Kick (soon to be replaced with Close Combat)

Masquerain Lv50
-Air Slash
-Silver Wind (soon to be replaced with Bug Buzz)
-Giga Drain
-Blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.