• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeri

Dragon Collector
Meant to post here earlier, but oh well. Anyways, I was training Manectric by killing Flaffys, and was getting extremely annoyed due to him getting paralyzed every battle(all I had were physical attacks). So to speed things up went to look for a flamethrower TM in my other games(or Thunderbolt). Found none, so went to the game corner to get coins for the TM. I got to 7,512 coins, and got bored. Then thankfully I remembered that my pearl version was only part way through the game, and it had both TMs in it. Traded them over, taught them to Manectric, and resumed training.

Got bored of that after a while, and went on PBR wifi to test out my team. Saw what I need to teach some of them, and went back to soul silver. Also decided to take ninetales off my team, and replace it with a shiny charmander, which I have yet to get.

Team:

Salamence lv.50
Metagross lv.45
Gyarados lv.45
Umbreon lv.45
Manectric lv.45
---

So if any one has a shiny charmander they want to trade, PM me. I have some good pokes I can offer. ^^

lethal Xsanity

I dunno if this is the right place to post stuff, but does anyone have one of those rare pichu's they'd like to give me? the one that's the guardian of the forest I think it is...I'm not exactly sure but would anyone wanna trade one to me once I'm done SRing for shiny ho-oh? please and thank you. :)

You can post this in the Trade Forum,Under Pichu,and or Events.
If I'm Correct.
You should be able to find one there :]

SilverMorty

Doing a Normal Monotype Challenge in SS. Named myself Stan (from the word standard :p). Picked Totodile and rushed through the story events until I caught a Hoothoot with Insomnia (finally, I always seemed to get Keen Eye ones in the past)

Fought Falkner then caught a Rattata (was going to use it but in the last minute decided to try something more obscure- a Dunsparce, so nwo Rattata will be a HM slave). Rock Smashed some rocks in the Dark Cave and caught two, luckily both had Serene Grace- the second one had a better nature (Relaxed) and was a higher level.

Taught Dunsparce Rock Smash- considering I only have Hoothoot as the other battling teammate. Union cave wasn't as horrible because of it because every time Rock Smash hits, there was a Defense Drop thanks to Dunsparces ability. Also found a Shining Leaf- i should have named Dunsparce Lucky :)

Bugsy was pretty easy once Dunsparce learned Rollout. Now just rushed to Goldenrod, then finally found an Intimidate Stantler (took so long...) and am now levelling her up to prepare for Whitney. Except for Hoothoot, the challenge is pretty fun so far using pokemon I always wanted to use but never before.

Noctowl- lv 23
Insomnia/Shell Bell
-Confusion
-Uproar
-Reflect
-Hypnosis

Stantler lv 17
Intimidate/Quick Claw
-Headbutt
-Sand-attack
-Hypnosis
-Astonish

Dunsparce lv22
Serene Grace/Hard Stone
-Headbutt
-Rollout
-Glare
-Rock Smash

Rattata lv5
HM Slave
-Cut
-Headbutt
-Quick Attack
-Rock Smash

Last edited:

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Just restarted my HeartGold and chose Cyndaquil. Traded over my Togekiss and Tyrouge egg. Who knew that Tyrouges take forever to hatch >.> Beat Falkner and am now on my way to Azalea Town.

I finally got around to playing HeartGold again after leaving off right after I got all sixteen badges from about two months ago.

All in two long nights, I got all of the first set of Frontier Symbols with my Diamond team.

Then I took my HG ingame team with my highest being my Lv.55 Typhlosion and beat the E4 the second time around.

Afterwards I'd thought I would go try and fight Red and I did beat him with a team full of crappy ingame Pokemon that were no more than Lv.58. It's not as hard as other people make it seem even though the levels were slightly higher then from G/S.

Last edited:

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
Haven't really done much since I've been preparing for our Sports Day- which was today! But, I have been SRing still for a shiny Extremespeed Dratini and I'm considering a new party, but I don't know who should be in it yet...

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
Recent Happenings in My HeartGold (Part 4)

Tons of things happened this time.

After talking to Kurt, I went to the Slowpoke Well. Defeated the Team Rocket grunts and Proton.

Now it was the time to challenge Azalea Gym. Despite having an Aerial Ace Spearow, it took me twice to beat Bugsy. Ugh, in the first time, his Scyther used Focus Energy and then its Quick Attack got a critical hit to OHKO'd my Spearow! Scyther then OHKO'd my Bayleef with U-Turn.

In the second time, my Spearow finally shone by spamming Aerial Ace to knock out Scyther. After that, Bayleef and Spearow took care of Metapod and Kakuna respectively. Finally, I defeated Bugsy and won the second gym badge.

After healing my Pokemon in PokeCenter, I continued my journey. Before reaching Ilex Forest, my rival Bison stopped me . I defeated him without too much trouble and continued heading to Ilex Forest. Taught my Bayleef Headbutt. Defeated the trainers along Route 34. Arrived at Goldenrod City.

I went back to Azalea Town to let my Bayleef headbutt the trees in order to find a Heracross. After quite a long time, I finally caught a male Heracross with Jolly nature and Guts ability. After level-grinding my Heracross, I went back to Goldenrod City and then defeated the trainers in Underground Tunnel and Route 35. My Spearow evolved into Fearow.

Current team:
Lv. 22 Bayleef
Lv. 21 Fearow
Lv. 20 Heracross
Lv. 4 Rattata (HM slave)

Badges: 2

lethal Xsanity

LX Entry 19

Where are all the stones at? Fire, Water, and Thunder.

Gonna get an Evee and get a Vaperon

There's a guy in the route to the right of National Park,on your way to Ecruteak/Violet city, that will give you a Fire Stone once you beat him and get his phone number.
He'll call you back saying to meet him,and that's when you get it.
You can get the other stones at the Poke'Athlon dome,in exchange for the points you earn when you take part in the events.
Only on certain days,so check Serebii for the Info :]

As for my Update.
Roughly beat Lt.Surge,
Used an OK team-
Lvl 50 Rhydon
Lvl 54 Steelix
Lvl 52 Scizor
Lvl 46 Slowking
Lvl 48 Politoed
Lvl 45 Poliwhirl

His Magneton Crippled me since he was Immune to Ground,
It was practically a duel of Double Team vs Rock Polish until none of us could hit each other,nor raise our stats any higher.
He eventually was running out of PP since it started using Electric Attacks.
Surprised it didn't struggle,I did end him with Stone Edge,but only after using so many Ethers.
Kind of a bad battle :/
I then Got a Mudkip from Emerald so I now have all 9 Starters,except the Sinnoh ones.
Mmmm.Kind of bored with the game,I don't know what Gym to Challenge next.
Heres the Team I'm Currently Carrying-
Lvl 50 Politoed
Lvl 50 Slowking
Lvl 46 Poliwhirl
Lvl 48 Luxray
Lvl 52 Scizor
Lvl 25 Spoink
:]
I think Ima play Fire Red for a bit until the Jirachi Event.
Need a brake from the game so the urge of playing it can arise.

lethal Xsanity

^^ which guy and do u have a video?

Im Sure it's Route 36,coming out of the National Park,and going to that Intersection where Sudowoodo would be.
Before that,there is a Trainer,I think he is a School Kid.
There's only about two trainers anyway.
If you keep going east you go past Sudowoodo into Violet,if you go North you get to Ecruteak.
I don't have a video so that's my best way to describe it.
Other than that,I can trade you a Water Stone to help you Evolve your Eeevee ^.^

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Ok I forgot where I left off. But I took on the elite four and defeated them no problem. So I went to a familiar region and defeated 7 gyms there already. But now I decided to pull my team out and rebuild it.

Old Team
Lugia
Typhlosion
Kingler
Gyrados
Pidgeot
Electrode
One major weakness would be facing an opponent with either rock or lightning moves. I don't know how I got far with them.

So right now I have some poke's in the PC box that I took aside to train. Which include

,Dragonair, Umbreon, Riolu, and a Kirlia.... The team needs firepower =\ So this is what I am working on atm. I may just cheat a little and get some poke's from my XD game to help them out...

One thing is for sure, I am sticking with Typhlosion, and Lugia.

The progress on training the others is little, but we are getting farther each time

Kirlia - 18 - 26
Dragonair, almost 50
Riolu - 1 - 28
Umbreon - 11 - 28

Here's hoping the training goes well. And for the side I also went to the frontier, so far Pidgeot and Kingler has done well =)

Chaos Rush

Er... last time I posted, I think I was at 3 badges. Now I have 7. Morty wasn't that hard. Chuck was a little hard. PRYCE WAS HARD. Jasmine was hella easy. Proton, Petrel, Arianna, and Archer are all super easy.

Also, my Quilava finally evolved, so did my Tangela, so did my Seadra. I'm currently training my 6th team member. And Gastly evolved. Twice. My current team is:

Lv1 Smoochum
Lv33 Gengar
Lv34 Pidgeotto
Lv35 Tangrowth
Lv35 Seadra
Lv37 Typhlosion

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I'm still EV training my Pokemon... The other day I did a whole bunch of Special Attack training in the Ruins of Alph (thanks to the Natu), and today I did a whole bunch of Speed training in the Lake of Rage (thanks to the Magikarp). My Vulpix just gained 16 points of Speed upon leveling up! o_O

I currently have my False-Swiping Scyther in the daycare--she was only at level 16 beforehand. I want to get her to level 35 at least so that she can be faster than the legendary dogs. (I keep running into Raikou and Entei by accident for some odd reason.)

Speaking of the Ruins of Alph and Scyther, I also did some EV training in the main part of the Ruins of Alph--the Unown give out both Attack and Special Attack. In the meantime, I bought a whole bunch of Pokeballs and caught the entire Unown alphabet. My Dragonair especially benefited from the EV's.

While training in the Lake of Rage, I got several calls from other trainers, especially for rematches. The rematches were all easy--in the battle with Bug Catcher Arnie my Vulpix OHKO'd his Venonat, and School Kid Jack had the nerve to use a level 17 Voltorb.

Also today, one of my Eevees evolved to Espeon--at level 4! I think that's the lowest level I've ever happiness-evolved a Pokemon before...

lethal Xsanity

LX Entry 20 ;)

Alright.So playing Fire Red didn't work out so well.
I quickly returned to Heartgold,
As I mentioned before, I didn't really wanna battle any other Gym Leaders as of yet,Kinda want to face Brock,then Misty,But I couldn't find a way to Pewter!
I took out Weepinbell :] Replacing Scizor so I took with me-
Lvl 45 Weepinbell
Lvl 47 Venosaur
Lvl 48 Luxray
Lvl 50 Politoed
Lvl 50 Slowking
Lvl 25 Spoink
- Exp Share :]

I tried to go to Cinnabar and hell,I would of faced Blaine,but they had it blocked off.
I finnally figured out how to wake up Snorlax,I forgot it would be Level 50,so I caught it.Should be pretty decent for battles sooner or later.
Went through Diglett cave and went straight down to Pallette to Visit Oak.
He didn't give me a dam thing so I left Bitter.
Now I'm working my way up to Viridian,I think I'm gonna go in that Battle House before I head to Pewter.
Looks interesting.
Anyway.
These Trainers are Pretty Tough,I evolved Weepinbell finally,while Luxray-being the beast he is-has taken me out of some tight spots in battles.
He's fantastic.

Last edited:

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
Recent Happenings in My HeartGold (Part 5)

Once again, tons of things happened.

After defeating the trainers in the National Park and Route 36, I went to the Radio Tower. Answered the quiz correctly and received the radio card for my PokeGear.

After Whitney returned to Goldenrod Gym from the Radio Tower, it was time to challenge the Gym. Although I had a higher-levelled Brick Break Heracross, Whitney's Miltank was annoying as heck. Miltank used Attract and spammed Stomp to my male Heracross. I had to switch out Heracross and send out Bayleef to heal Heracross. After that, sent out Heracross again and spammed Brick Break on Miltank. Finally, Miltank was knocked out. Defeated Whitney and won the third gym badge.

Received SquirtBottle from the lady in the flower shop. Headed to Route 36 to water the "tree". Sudowoodo started to attack. I caught it and stored it into the PC as I am not going to use it. Continued my journey by heading to Ecruteak City.

In Burned Tower, I defeated my rival Bison. Suicune, Entei and Raikou fled from the Tower.

After that, I defeated the trainers in Route 38 and 39. Caught a Raticate to replace Rattata as my HM slave. In the Ecruteak Theater, defeated the Team Rocket grunt and received HM03 - Surf from a man. At the east of Ecruteak City, I received HM04 - Strength from a hiker.

Time to challenge Ecruteak Gym. Morty was not hard as I have Fearow to spam Aerial Ace. Only that the first Haunter he sent out gave me minor problems as it spammed Hypnosis. Defeated Morty and won the forth gym badge.

Continued my journey by heading to Olivine City. In Olivine Lighthouse, I efeated all the trainers and talked to Jasmine. I surfed along Route 40 and 41 and beat the trainers. After arriving at Cianwood City, I got the SecretPotion from Cianwood Pharmacy and a Shuckle from a guy whose Pokemon got stolen by Bison.

I went fishing in Route 41 to find a Chinchou. After quite some time, I finally caught a male Chinchou with Calm nature and Volt Absorb ability. :) Level-grinding the newly-caught Chinchou by training it along Route 41. Eventually, it evolved into Lanturn.

Current team:
Lv. 30 Bayleef
Lv. 29 Fearow
Lv. 28 Heracross
Lv. 28 Lanturn
Lv. 16 Raticate (HM slave)

Badges: 4

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
HeartGold Journey #1: The Journey Begins

Jessica wakes up one day and decides to go on an adventure...

1. Picked Chikorita. Adamant for the lose, takes it anyway.
2. Asked by Elm to go to some jerks house to pick up something.
3. After leaving said jerks house, Jessica gets a phone call from Elm saying something bad happened.
4. Jess meets up with a strange boy, who has taken one of Elm's pokemon, Cyndaquil. He is defeated easily.
5. Got back to Elm's lab, where a police officer askes for info on the boy Jess met earlier. The name of the boy is Loser.
6. Ethan catches up to Jess as she is leaving town. He shows her how to catch pokemon. It's all old news though, so she pretends to listen.
7. Jess catches Pidgey, Rattata and Sentret. Training has now begun for the Violet City gym...

Chikorita Lv10
Pidgey Lv7
Rattata Lv5
Sentret Lv2

alright since my last post i lvl up my dragonite all the way. but in wifi battles my team kept losing so i decided i needed to EV train my pokemon only to realize my pokemon moves are completely wrong for my pokemon: like my absol having special attacks and they dont do much damage cuz his sp attack isnt as high as his regular attack. so now i made babies out of absol, dragonite, gardevoir and spiritomb to teach them the right moves and EV train them with macho brace and pokerus. and since my spiritomb is foreign im trying to hatch him as a shiny. but its proving fustrating cuz im not too patient with dat type of stuff. but alas if i want a good enough team to battle wifi i gotta train em right and well shiny spiritomb looks cool haha.
btw EV training pokemon is so annoying, i gotta battle a bunch of weak pokemon of the certain status and since i gave my pokemon macho brace to get the full effect i cant give it lucky egg to train faster so i have to do it slowly. and battling rattatas and geududes to raise its speed and defense oh and tentacools to raise special defense. sigh some people have great patience for this...i admire those people T_T

alright since my last post i lvl up my dragonite all the way. but in wifi battles my team kept losing so i decided i needed to EV train my pokemon only to realize my pokemon moves are completely wrong for my pokemon: like my absol having special attacks and they dont do much damage cuz his sp attack isnt as high as his regular attack. so now i made babies out of absol, dragonite, gardevoir and spiritomb to teach them the right moves and EV train them with macho brace and pokerus. and since my spiritomb is foreign im trying to hatch him as a shiny. but its proving fustrating cuz im not too patient with dat type of stuff. but alas if i want a good enough team to battle wifi i gotta train em right and well shiny spiritomb looks cool haha.
btw EV training pokemon is so annoying, i gotta battle a bunch of weak pokemon of the certain status and since i gave my pokemon macho brace to get the full effect i cant give it lucky egg to train faster so i have to do it slowly. and battling rattatas and geududes to raise its speed and defense oh and tentacools to raise special defense. sigh some people have great patience for this...i admire those people T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.