• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disturbed1

Finally managed to SR myself into getting a Modest Kyogre. Checked its IVs. 30 on Spec Def, and 31 on Sp Att!!!!!!

10 minutes later, I realized I had left it on Adamant when checking the IVs...
Its real IVs:

HP 20, Att: 6, Def: 27, Sp Att: 6, SpDef: 30, Spd 10

Guess I can use it as a stall, if nothing else...

Alerion

Straight outta Johto
I have got all 8 badges in Johto and sadly my Eevee whom I pamper all the time still has not evolved into Espeon :(
Also, question: Can I win a shiny stone at the Bug contest only after I beat E4? I really need a Togekiss.
Other than that, I've been leveling up Gyrados,Eevee,Togetic,and Scyther as much as possible.

Hey Im stuck catching Lugia but I get him down to one hp and paralyzed/asleep,and with an ultra ball I still cant catch him. But I really want to save the master ball for later. Is lugia worth the master ball sacrifice?

Last edited:
Since ive got nothing else to do since thurs (bug catching contest- need a Thunder stone) and friday (catching Lapras), ive decided to add a flying type pokemon (Zubat) to my team since Crobat is bad ***.
Hoping to get it to atleast level 40 by midnight.

Badges: 4

tSeka

About to battle Level 70 Ho-Oh and the only strong pokemon I have in my party at the time is a level 65 Alakazam.

-_-

Jinglefruit

Mad hatter
Had a little hiatus the past few days, and whenever I have played I've gotten no further. xP

Can't remember if I said in my last update but after getting my team of 24 in the HoF and my origional 6 from my first runthrough of HG (excluding Kanto) I went to pick up my S.S. ticket and announced finally going to Kanto. - This was with a play time of 225 hours. My play time is now 267 hours and I still have not boarded the S.S. Anne. xDDD

What have I done instead?
I decided to train a couple more pokemon and knock a few of my 24 out. And um... after mucch deliberation I kept 6 of my 24. xDDD
I decided to train; Kabuto, Horsea, Sudowoodo, 4 Rotom (added to my first one meant 1 for each appliance), Shellder, Grimer, Anorith, Chinchou, Dunsparse and the event Jirachi.
And to assist my training I thought I'd collect the other Power items. (traded a power lens over very early in game) And decided for the first time I'd fully EV train, and check IV's and natures. And that's been the past 42 hours of gameplay it seems.

The Frontier was fun. I never owned Platinum so it was new to me. I decided to build up points in the Arcade, and without realising it I got a win streak of 29! And beat Dahlia. 8D Then when that steak ended I moved onto the Battle Hall and beat what's-her-face with Ursaring and then tried with Cradily to get up to 55 BP. ^_^
So I have 2 silver seals and I wasn't even aiming for them 8DD - This is an amazing achievement as I only got the silver at the Battle Pike in Emerald. Though I met 3 other heads, I lost to them all.

I also discovered the IV checking man, so I took each and every one of my pokemon to him and moved all 'decent' pokemon into their own box. - Very sad that these included my Tangrowth, Jynx, Victrebel, Gengar, Slowbro, Venusaur and Electabuzz. - All these will be breeded to perfection before I retake the E4 though, because I loved them and will still use them occasionally anyway.
Then I moved out all the average ones that I didn't like as much and the ones with terrible IVs. Only one I'll really miss of those is Dodrio.
I then rumaged though my boxes, and a few from Pearl and found that I had alot of superior and 1 outstanding pokemon that I hadn't touched. Picked out a few tht I didn't want to train as much and my current team stands as;
Level: 'Mon
1: Rotom, Chinchou
14: Scyther, Pinsir
16: Charmeleon
17: Magneton
19: Dunsparse, Rotom
24: Gligar
32: Jirachi, Kabuto, Ursaring
37: Pidgeot - He returns after being ditched after Pryce along with Ursaring!
43: Lickilicky
44: Heracross, Raichu (Fly), Kangaskhan, Rotom (These are the 6 returning from Johto with Nidoqueen)
45: Ho-oh
47: Parasect (Suctor)
48: Nidoqueen
49: Exeggcutor (Cocoacutor)
50: Yanmega, Cresselia, Regirock, Regice -Regis and Cresselia I had never trained before. Regi's were useful at the fronteir
51: Registeel
61: Granbull
94: Cradily (Yillan) - Hopefully will be my first level 100 pokemon since Pokemon Yellow. xDD He's my walking partner, hence being 40 levels above ever'one.

Obviously everyone above level 50 were traded along with Chameleon and Kabuto was bred from a traded Kabuto.
27 of these will be my Kanto team once they all reach level 45. Granbull and Yillan will cameo after the next 8 gyms.

And my level 1 Rotom will become the lawnmower and I'll nickname it Mowtom. :3 Which written out looks like Mewtwo. xD

Once these all reach level 45 I'll finally set foot in Kanto. - probably nearing 300 hours play time. xDD On top of the 80 from my first run.
This is a record play time for me. Since I always do re-runs of the games, so the record is probably Peal with 230. (or my first pokemon Yellow runthrough that had the level 100 Pikachu) Iunno the time of that.
But this is the first time I've noticed I have 2 stars on my trainer card. - I must of on Ruby because I beat all 5 master contests, but I do not remember it and it was saved over long ago.

I wonder when I'll fit in all the breeding I have planned...

Archie67

I'm in Azalea Town right now, and having trouble with the gym leader. I went to the forest to train, and accidentally battled my rival. I'm lucky I had Rocky with me to deal with the Zubat and Quilava. Wooper is underwhelming.

LadyMiir

Nat. Dex COMPLETE!!!
I finally caught every legendary on SoulSilver, after sending my HG's Kyogre OrcaQueen over to join my SS'S Groudon RedTitan so I could unlock and capture Rayquaza. Rayquaza wasn't all that hard to catch, although I got exceptionally lucky when capturing OrcaQueen (Feraligatr's Ice Fang froze it), and I caught it in a Net Ball. First legendary of mine to not be caught in a Quick (Dialga), Dusk, or Ultra Ball.

After finishing that, I went off to catch Mewtwo... and I got lazy, so I used my Master Ball on him since he was my last legendary in the game. Modest nature, first try. I haven't checked his IVs, but I'm very pleased with his nature.

Now I'm sending all my "good" Pokemon (my battlers and legendaries, as well as good-natured/IVed ones, and items like PP Maxes) over to HG, so I can restart SS. Shouldn't be long, but it's just very tedious...

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
SoulSilver Journey Post 61

So after my last post I did quite a few things. First in Platinum, I bred for a Bold Growlithe with Hidden Power Ground and traded the egg to SoulSilver. I then went on a crazy training spree. At the foot of Mt. Silver, I fought wild Pokemon until my team was just hundreds of EXP Points away from reaching level 100. This took a lot of time and was what I was mainly doing in SoulSilver. After all that training, I climbed Mt. Silver all the way to the top and challenged Red...

The battle was fairly easy. Leif OHKOd the Pikachu with a Seed Bomb. The next turn, Byrne gets a critical hit with Fire Blast and knocks out Red's Charizard (I have a thing for mirror matches). Voltage scored a KO on Blastoise with Thunderbolt, while Axol used Earthquake on Snorlax which took two hits. Amalgam uses Iron Head while Venusaur barely survives and heals up with a Full Restore so I play it safe with Night Slash then Iron Head. Finally Kinetic finishes off Lapras with two Psychics and with that battle my team is all at level 100. So for the last time in my SoulSilver Journey Posts, here's my team:

;154; Leif Lv. 100 Miracle Seed
-Earthquake -Rock Climb -Seed Bomb -Energy Ball

;260; Axol Lv. 100 Leftovers
-Earthquake -Surf -Ice Beam -Stealth Rock

;006; Byrne Lv. 100 Life Orb
-Fire Blast -Hidden Power Grass -Brick Break -Roost

;181; Voltage Lv. 100 Shell Bell
-Signal Beam -ThunderBolt -Discharge -Thunder Wave

;196; Kinetic Lv. 100 Wise Glasses
-Psychic -Shadow Ball -Hidden Power Ice -Signal Beam

;212; Amalgam Lv. 100 Muscle Band
-U-Turn -Iron Head -Brick Break -Night Slash

Saint Remorso

So, I just defeated Lance and his Elilte Nothings, only get beaten in the kanto 1st gym.
Not so bad eh?
Well let's say I forgot to go the poke'center and now I'm back in Johto waiting for the ship to leave.
Oh joy.

But yeah, this dude sent me over like 6 Eevees, and I've been training and evolving them to complete my Eevee set <3

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
Yesterday, I got an Umbreon. Used berries and rare candies on it until it evolved. I feel bad that I cheated on that, sort of; the 999x berries and rare candies. But at least he's mine! I'm trying not to use the AR any more.

Popelloz

While on my way to Cianwood, I found a shiny Tentacool! I replaced Slowpoke with it and then beat Jasmine and Chuck easily. Now I'm off to catch the Red Gyarados. I'll have my team around level 33 in time for the 7th gym so that's good. :)
TEAM
Tropicus-Meganium-32
Apollo-Pidgeotto-30
Niadane'-Tentacruel-30
Scott-Growlithe-31

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
dont remember where i left off in my last post here so i'll start with what i did yesterday.

Started off with getting the radio card and facing off with whitney. The Battle with her was no problem, had quilava take out clefairy and geodude blow up miltank with self-destruct. Oddish then evolved on my way to the national park. Partcipated in the bug catching contest here and won a sun stone thanks to gloom putting a butterfree to sleep. decided to turn gloom into bellossom insted of vileplume and headed off to the tree in the road only to find i forgot the squirtbottle and the bike. Once i got the items, i caught sudowoodo and headed to ecrutek. I am now hunting for a miltank.

team
Bellossom lvl 23
poliwag lvl 22
quilava lvl 22

poke-lord

Today I have just beaten the Kimono GIrls, caught Entei and am on my way to the bell tower

Entei Lvl-40
Gyarados Lvl-42
Ampharos Lvl-45
Bayleef Lvl-30
Kangaskhan Lvl-12
Dratini Lvl-15

richard

Fire Master
Two days ago, I caught a shny Gloom and a shiny Ponyta.:) Talk about lucky.lol

7 tyranitars

started soulsilver over again

-choose the girl character for a change and called her soul :D
-chose a chikorita
-got the egg
-defeated rival
-caught a pidgey
-arrived in violet city

PIDGEY lvl 8
CHIKORITA lvl 10

soul is now planning for her evening adventure in the sprout tower and then she is gonna rest in the pokemon center.

Status
Not open for further replies.