• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
^^^
I love how your Espeon is named Lunar as opposed to Solar which is more like it actually is.

Ahahaha, yeah. I thought it'd be funner to call it Lunar for irony, plus I thought that'd be a fun name for something at the time.

Anyways, I JUST finished beating Blue (It's so hard not to call him Gary for some reason >.<) with my team and now I'm taking a break before I run off to Mt. Silver. All the Kanto gym leaders were way too easy, but I'm not complaining. Running through and fighting every trainer/gym leader in this region really leveled up my Pokemon. Once I beat Red I'm gonna download the Enigma Crystal event and SR for a Timid Latias with decent IVs because I really want to train a Latias for once.

Well, here's my current team now:
-Lava ;157; Lvl. 56
-Bat ;169; Lvl. 50
-Scythe ;212; Lvl. 55
-Lunar ;196; Lvl. 55
-Serpent ;230; Lvl. 55
-Draco ;149; Lvl. 60​

For the first time, I haven't leveled up my Pokemon equally. ._. I stopped training Bat because he's served his purpose and won't do anything for me against Red. Then I totally fell in love with Draco once it evolved to Dragonite, so I leveled it to 60... Now I'm just gonna fight my way up to Red and once I get there, use my seven rare candies to level up my Pokemon a bit more and take him on. Here goes nothing.

Last edited:

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
WOW, so I haven't played in like 2 months (I was moving and crap) and my last post was on page 153....

Well I just started HG and I still need my first badge, I've just been training my new totodile like crazy so that when I trade over my breed pokemon it isn't such a low level.

Team ATM

Totodile/Tiger Level 12

I still need to get him to level 15 and get the first gym badge AND catch 5 pokemon then I'll be able to trade over my other pokemon, which are all level 15, once i've done that I'll post again

See you in like another 30 pages *waves*

MissFrederick

I've just been training up my Pokemon really. I've actually got eleven Pokemon trained up fully (as in, they're all the same Level.) They're all Level 89, nearly 90. I'm kind of doing it slowly but surely. I've actually been getting into the Battle Frontier. I've managed to beat the Battle Hall Matron twice now (50-win streak that is.) And I managed to beat the Brain in the Battle Arcade. I find it pretty fun. I could never really get into it when I played Diamond. I've also managed to get my shoes in the Pokeathlon Museum and the flag for the set amount of switches. I'm hoping to get the entering Pokeathlon 50 times soon (12 to go.) But I'm kind of enjoying the Battle Frontier. My 11 trained Pokemon consist of my original team (Typhlosion, Red Gyarados, Victreebel, Ampharos, Gengar, and Togekiss) and some others I trained for the heck of it (Dragonite, Absol, Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Blastoise.)

Despite the fact I've practically done so much in the game. I'm still finding ways to enjoy it.

ForteAnly

I just made it trough the Ice Cave and made it to Blackthorne City. I received my effort ribbons from the Ribbon Lady since I EV trained my team. I challenged Clair and her flunkies and won. Right now I'm heading to the Dragon's Den to get my ES Dratini.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I really want to restart my SS, but I just cannot decide on a final team. Ughhhm its too hard.

Shimama

.the~desert~spirit.
So all I've been doing is training my team up to level 30 so we can take on Chuck. I have to say - I'm extremely proud of all of them. :D They're really becoming powerful and are such amazing Pokemon. So here's my team with a bit more in-depth info (in a spoiler so you don't have to scroll forever xD):

Sunni [Quilava]
Female
Level 31
Modest nature
Brick Break
Swift
Smokescreen
Flame Wheel

*I am still working on her moves, but I'll be able to be more creative with what I teach her after she levels up a bit more - notably after she evolves into Typhlosion. :>

Fang [Zangoose]
Female
Level 30
Rash nature
Thunderbolt
Night Slash
Swords Dance
Embargo

Blizzard [Absol]
Male
Level 30
Mild nature
Ice Beam
Zen Headbutt
Bite
Swords Dance

Topaz [Flareon]
Male
Level 30
Docile nature
Giga Impact
Bite
Wish
Headbutt

Saphira [Seviper]
Female
Level 30
Bashful nature
X-Scissor
Earthquake
Crunch
Glare

October [Ninetales]
Female
Level 30
Calm nature
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Hypnosis
Imprison

Morohtar [Luxray]
Male
Level 30
Naughty nature
Thunder Fang
Charge Beam
Swagger
Bite

Kiba [Mightyena]
Male
Level 30
Adamant nature
Ice Fang
Swagger
Bite
Odor Sleuth

Nausicaa [Growlithe]
Female
Level 30
Brave nature
Fire Fang
Reversal
Bite
Strength

Valefor [Umbreon]
Male
Level 30
Serious nature
Dark Pulse
Confuse Ray
Quick Attack
Sand Attack

Raina [Trapinch]
Female
Level 30
Bashful nature
Gust
Faint Attack
Sand Tomb
Rock Smash *This will become Fly eventually*

Ponyo [Seel]
Female
Level 16
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Surf
Encore

Stormi [Treecko]
Male
Level 1
Pound
Leer
Aerial Ace
Cut

EDIT: Just kidding, I guess I don't know how to do spoiler tags. D:

Last edited:

Orepheus

I have been hatching eggs for a decent Aron for my Battle Frontier team. If anyone paid any attention to my posts they will have realized that I don't really like to use OU Pokemon as it makes the game too easy I find; However I am using a Flygon on my Frontier team but that's because it's awesome. I am also training an awesome Gardevoir. It has 31 IVs in special attack and special defense, so proud of myself.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I decided to battle the Elite Four again this morning to gain some experience and money. I spent a lot of money on Ultra Balls recently for the Latios event so I needed to restock the Bag. Had some trouble with Lance but the others were all easy to beat so I was able to gain several levels with just one challenge lol. Bought 60 Ultra Balls and set my eyes on Moltres on Mt. Silver's interior cave. I've left Moltres there for a special occasion and now I was able to challenge it with enough Balls to catch it. I used the old Sleep strategy, I brought a Noctowl with Hypnosis and I put Moltres to sleep but it didn't last too long and soon Noctowl fainted. Had to have Armaldo use False Swipe several times until Moltres was weak enough to catch. Caught it with an Ultra Ball and nicknamed it "Phoenix". Saved.

MetaPheonixPal

No progress on SoulSilver.

I transferred over the items, watts, and Pokemon from my Pokewalker to Heartgold. I then went to the Trainer House and got some BP. I tried to capture the roaming Latias with my Wobbuffet, from Firered, that was unable to capture Raikou because it roared and there is a glitch where if it roars it is gone forever. It worked out okay, mirrort coat got it to just the right amount of HP but the battle went on for so long that it struggled to death. It was a good thing I saved right before. I gave some White Apricorns to Kurt to make some Fast Balls which worked better against Latias. So now I just wait while I do other things.

Tomorrow I plan to capture Latios from the Enigma Stone event since I got my Timid Synchronizer.

Evil Quagsire

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny
Started a new game on Soul Silver four days ago. Got one badge, and the weirdest damn team I've ever had. I just cleared Slowpoke Well with a Togepi and Hoppip. Damn why did they give Togepi Extrasensory to start with?

Sir Gator the Totodile - Lv. 16
Scratch
Water Gun
Leer
Bite

Eggbert the Togepi - Lv. 15
Yawn
Charm
Metronome
Extrasensory

I....I don't know why, but Togepi is a murderbeast.

Peppermint the Hoppip - Lv. 16
Poisonpowder
Sleep Powder
Tail Whip
Tackle

Nikolai the Zubat - Lv. 15
Leech Life
Astonish
Supersonic
Bite

Aurath8

Just caught Zapdos. After 15 ultra balls I had a total of 1 shake. Next ball, caught. I've allso caught Magmar, Rhyhorn and Clamperl. And a Lanturn I had was holding a DeepSeaScale! Seems Im getting luckier and luckier.
In the Dragons Den I fished out a level 40 Dratini now a Dragonair. I also found a level 9 adamant Dratini! Done the battle vs. Lance and Clair and now searching for more items in the ruins of Alph.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Haven't been on here for a long time . . .
Anyway! I defeated all of the 16 gym leaders and caught Raikou, (Saber) Lugia (TidalWing) Latios (Eon) by sheer luck on my third encounter with it. Now I'm busy training for my upcoming battle with Red.
And I will surely get me a** kicked, but whatever. ;)

MD1985

HG
Just started this game with a totodile. Going to use this game for SRing for several pokemon.

SS
Completing my pokedex. Got all Kanto pokemon and finishing the Johto pokemon. Only need a Timid legit UT Celebi and need to breed a Tyrogue with some moves it cant learn by levelling up. Currently levelling up Pupitar into Tyranitar. Going to rebattle Misty now. Then going to start with the Hoenn starters. Already got a treecko, grovyle, mudkip, marshtomp, torchic and blaziken. Going to breed the missing starters from this set.

ForteAnly

I just received a Quiet ES Dratini from the elder and afterward went to go capture Raikou and Entei the hard way with no master ball. It took a little bit but with Hypnosis and Mean Look from my Gengar and False Swipe from my Pinsir it did not take too long for those two to submit. I received the Master Ball from Elm and went to capture Ho-Oh in the Bell Tower. Climbed my way up and challenged Ho-Oh. After several turns of sleep powder from my Venusaur; Ho-Oh finally submitted in a Ultra Ball. From there on did some last minute things in Johto and headed to Kanto towards the Indigo Plateau. Made it to the Indigo Plateau and leveled up my pokemon so they can face the Elite Four.

Current Team:

-;157; Lv. 45
-;003; Lv.45
-;062; Lv.45
-;036; Lv.45
-;034; Lv.45
-;149; Lv.55

Aurath8

Harvested items from the Ruins of Alph and Cerulean cave. Caught Sinnoh sound pokemon, Electabuzz and Kriketot. Pokedex has reached 150 in 146:00 hours.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I downloaded the Enigma Stone the other day, and went to SR for a nice Latias. On maybe the 30th SR, I got a Bold Latias with 31 / x / 31 / 28 / 30 / 25.

Very satisfied.

Now I'm clearing off SS, to restart for a Normal monotype challenge.

Furret (later replaced by Tauros)
Bibarel (later replaced by Miltank)
Clefable
Wigglytuff
Slaking
Ambipom

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I beat the Champion.It was soo easy.I used:
Feraligatr[Massacre]-lvl 49
Ninetales[Rabies]-lvl 48
Lugia[Yin]-lvl 49...I don't usually use legendaries but Lugia is just amazing,plus,offensively is not that impressive...But Aeroblast is the best move ever!
and the HM slaves:
Red Gyarados[Felippe]
Rattata[SlaveRat]
Spearow[Kenya]

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I managed to find a Helix Fossil in a rock while I used Rock Smash late last night. I decided to revive it in Pewter City's Museum of Science and I got a pretty good Omanyte that I nicknamed "Star". I went to train it so I attached an Exp Share to it and made the climb to Mt. Silver to battle Red for experience and once again, more cash since I've run out. The battle was intense because I could only use five Pokemon and one was an HM slave (Bibarel). Pikachu was easily beaten by Typhlosion's Earthquke but Lapras and Snorlax didn't surrender even with Raichu's Focus Blast and Bellossom's Drain Punch. Had to use Arceus for those two and then the others were a breeze once Arceus was in the game. Only bad thing is that my other Pokemon didn't get experience. The game ended and credits rolled. When I started again. Omanyte only gained 8 levels, not much to impress me so I flew to Victory Road to train some more.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Just restarted my SoulSilver file, named myself Matthew, and chose Totodile. It was a female, I nicknamed it Jesselina, even though I won't use it. I made it to Mr. Pokemon's House, and got the Mystery Egg. I just beat my Rival Paul. Going to catch some pokemon to trade for the eggs on my Platinum.

EDIT: Currently training the pokemon that hatched from the eggs.

Sentret level 5
Cleffa level 5
Igglybuff level 5
Aipom level 5
Slakoth level 5
Bidoof level 5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.