• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After having done some serious training on the S.S. Aqua ship, I decided to do even more training to level everyone on my team up to level 100 as is usually my in-game goal. I went to the Pokemon League and tried to challenge them but got interrupted by my rival since it was Wednesday. We fought and I beat him easily except his Meganium was a bit of a challenge in the end. After that I had to heal and buy recovery items since some of my Pokemon will probably receive battle damage against the Elite Four. I then entered Will's room and challenge him. Everything went well thanks to my Houndoom and it's Crunch but his Bronzong wouldn't faint even against a full-power Fire Blast. Had to switch and use Groudon's Eruption to seal the deal. Got money and was allowed to proceed to the next room. That was done and I saved before I challenged Koga since challenging him requires tactics.

Chimecho3000

Got a score of 52 in Pennant Capture. YES!!!

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
SoulSilver Journey Post 72

Today I got Guardian Signs to keep me busy. But beside that, I've sort of filled up the Pokedex. I also had a battle with my friend on Friday. As in Wi-Fi battle. The rules were no switching and no held items. Now this guy was bad. He thought Golem was a good idea. And Fly on Staraptor. Guess who won and had a chance to be greedy with 4 Dragon Dances? Definitely not a guy who has vast knowledge on competitive battling. But it's fine. I could tell that that was his in game team. It's not so much the battle, but the way he talked about battling. Water isn't super effective against Steel and switching isn't considered cheating. Oh well.

Seen:395 Obtained:326

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
finally beat pennant capture after a long depressing 2 hours (i hate pennant capture:( )
going for national pokedex 201 caught
gotta beat battle tower also
yayz for purplez card

WhyteMage

I was lucky enough to catch a bold Suicune with 31 in HP and 30 in def. So I saved him and will be trading him to Plat for EV training later, but right now it's time to go after another legend.
Lucky for me my friend brought in his Soul Silver and lent me his Groudon. I got the jade orb and, you guessed it, started soft resetting for Rayquaza.
I really like Rayquaza, and so I decided I'm not settling for anything but the best. It'll be tough, but I hope the jolly Ray with 31 attack/speed doesn't elude me for too long.

Breaker

I got the last 2 Kanto badges. I was pretty lucky. I switched in ParasHiltn my level 5 Paras to "eat" Rapidash's bounce and Effect Spore paralyzed it, so my burning and weakened Gyarados could take it down with a waterfall. The battle against Blue wasn't that much of a problem. I just let his Gyarados use dragon dance too often so I really relied on my Gyarados' quick claw to work, which isn't too good but it worked out in the end and I won.^^ Now I am just running around and waiting for the shiny stone guy to call me, as I really wanna evolve my Togetic as soon as possible. Might catch some legends later.

Sponge

I have 99 more pokemon left to complete my pokedex now, hopefully I'll be able to get them all before Pokemon Black/White comes out here.

I just evolved Kabuto, Omanyte, Lileep and Anorith so I'm working on Gible now.

I might challenge the improved elite four soon too, helping pokemon evolve has brought up my main pokemon's levels quite a bit.

raz1337

Miju Miju!
Been playing HG since Friday night when I got it. I played HG when it came out back in March and solo ran with Typhlosion. Now I'm doing HG again. Started with Chikorita, and Falkner and Bugsy were annoying as hell. A friend gave me a Totodile egg and then Bill gave me the Eevee which someone on wifi chat evolved into Flareon for me. Still trying to level up Croconaw and Flareon

I'm in the souvenir shop with Lance with:

33 Meganium
32 Ampharos
28 Croconaw
26 Flareon

- "Hello! I'll trade my beautiful Ampharos for that Dragonite of yours! I'll even throw in this shiny Gyarados!"
lance.jpg

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I had previously decided to challenge the Elite Four again for the fun of it and also for experience I suppose haha. I entered Koga's lair and the battle soon began. His first Pokemon. Skuntank was easy to defeat thanks to Groudon's Earthquake but then things got complicated as Koga was able to Poison some of my Pokemon with some of it's Poison-type moves. Defeated Swalot and Muk with Earthquake as well, then used my Luxray's Thunder on his Crobat. Won that battle, but I had to heal everyone's status condition with Full Heal. Went to the next room and challenged Bruno. Every Pokemon was easy to defeat with my Espeon's Psychic, except Lucario. It used Close Combat twice and actually caused Espeon to faint. Had to switch to Houdoom and it's Flamethrower to win. Saved after that, I'll challenge Karen tomorrow.

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
I attempted to beat Blue in a Rematch today, having called him up on Sunday after FINALLY getting his number from Daisy. I lost, but I feel that I put up a pretty good fight; I got him down to his last Pokémon, that blasted Double-team spamming Pidgeot. Danged thing.

Then, a few minutes ago, my roommate was on Kotaku and told me about an odd article on there. Said article claims that the 15th through 30th of this month, the Mew giveaway is happening here. This strikes me as odd, as we STILL do not have Celebi. Dang it all. But the official site doesn't make a single mention of it, so I'm wondering where they (Kotaku) got this info...

raz1337

Miju Miju!
Tried elite 4 with my Meganium, Feraligatr, Ampharos and Flareon. Karen's Houndoom Nasty Plot'd twice and wtfpwned my entire team.

So, now I'm stuck with:

46 Meganium @ Miracle Seed
Synthesis
Petal Dance
Poison Powder
Body Slam

45 Flareon @ Charcoal
Flamethrower
Iron Tail
Shadow Ball
Fire Spin

44 Ampharos @ Exp Share
Thunderpunch
Thunder Wave
Signal Beam
Focus Blast

44 Feraligatr @ Mystic Water/Nevermeltice

Waterfall
Earthquake
Crunch
Ice Fang

I mean, is my team really that bad or underleveled? Victory road is all 30-34s to train :/

Master Leo

The Dark Side
A couple of days ago I hit a bit of luck! First I breeded to get a good buizel and it came out shiny, jolly. Then as I was training the bronzor in my team, my snorlax got pokerus!

zodiacsage

Challenge Seeker
Today I EV trained four Pokemon, thanks to my previous victories in the Battle Frontier I was able to get all the Power items from the vendor which has made my EV training go so much faster.

After I EV trained I paid a visit to my house in New Bark Town and withdrew the money my Mom had been saving, almost $850,000, lol.

Then I finished off my day with a visit to the Indigo Plateau where I battled Silver before training with the Elite Four and Champion.

All in all a productive day in Johto for me!

Vodnik

Breathe Deep
Well, in about 2 1/2 hours the 10th Anniversary Mew Wi-Fi event will be starting, and for the next 15 days I will be continuously playing and restarting the game to stock up on Mews to trade and keep for myself. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes per run, so this will definitely be a lot of fun.

I'm wondering how many other people will be doing this?

Elite Four Muadita

I will! I always do that with games :p

Anyways, In my HG which is my main game, I fought against red finally and to my surprise he wasnt as hard as I remembered. Felt pretty good about myself n__n

Status
Not open for further replies.