• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
SS

Caught Lugia and defeated the elite 4. Before heading over to Kanto, have replaced Tangrowth for Chikorita (haven't used one in either HG/SS and probably won't be replaying any time soon when I get Black/White) and replaced Lickylicky with Chimchar. Thouhgt it might make things a bit more interesting to raise a few new ones post e4, like I used to back in the original gold/silver days.

Making my current team: Feraligatr, Mamoswine, Togekiss, Grumpig, Chikorita and Chimchar.

I may switch out others/start raising pokemon to evolve for dex entries as I see fit.

AmpharosFanatic

In my continual quest to complete the pokedex, I found myself in a rather ironic conundrum. I had never bothered to catch my in-game Entei since I first started the file last May. Today, I was offered a much needed Manaphy for it...so I hunted it down as quickly as possible! The thing was paralyzed and only had a sliver of health left, but time was not on my side. I finally caved in and used one of my two Master Balls. I am happy to say I now own a Manaphy:D

I was able to aquire several other new pokemon this morning as well, including a Regigigas. For the first time I am less than 100 pokemon away from completing this behemoth of a pokedex! Of course, with less than four days left until I big a new adventure in Unova....it is likely that I will have to put my current quest on hold. But I must admit that I have already gotten much farther along with it than I thought I would:)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wow, that final battle against Lance was difficult. I got to his room and the battle began. I defeated his Gyarados pretty easily with Ampharos's Thunderbolt attack, but then Lance sent out Aerodactyl, and I had to switch to Feraligatr. Even a Surf attack didn't defeat that thing, so I had to use several of them after Lance healed it. He sent out his first Dragonite, and I had Feraligatr use Ice Beam, but that didn't defeat it. I had to use Slash and then Ice Beam again in order to beat it. He sent out two more Dragonite, and I had to use Quagsire and Lugia against them. After those, he used Charizard, which my Feraligatr defeated easily with Surf. I won that battle, got registered in the Hall of Fame, and the credits rolled. I woke up back in New Bark Town but saved before going downstairs.

Fish

Thunder Trainer
im still traing my gyarados, haunter, and staraptor. lvl40, 35, 35 respectively. all i need is sumone 2 help me evolve my haunter. then im good

Someone can usually help out in the Wifi Chat, but if not, PM me a time you want to do it and I can help you out.

Zorg

Spongetastic
Wow, that final battle against Lance was difficult. I got to his room and the battle began. I defeated his Gyarados pretty easily with Ampharos's Thunderbolt attack, but then Lance sent out Aerodactyl, and I had to switch to Feraligatr. Even a Surf attack didn't defeat that thing, so I had to use several of them after Lance healed it. He sent out his first Dragonite, and I had Feraligatr use Ice Beam, but that didn't defeat it. I had to use Slash and then Ice Beam again in order to beat it. He sent out two more Dragonite, and I had to use Quagsire and Lugia against them. After those, he used Charizard, which my Feraligatr defeated easily with Surf. I won that battle, got registered in the Hall of Fame, and the credits rolled. I woke up back in New Bark Town but saved before going downstairs.

Wouldn't it be better to have ice fang on Feraligatr because his sp.attk is **** compared to his attack? All well...

I've been trying to find a damn Yanma for my Bug mono and i can't swarm it because i haven't beaten the Pkmn League yet :(

Darkmega354

Continued from where I left off last time:

I continued down to the shell of Cinnabar Island, where I met Blue. I rested up at the Pokecenter before heading east to the Seafoam Islands. I trained my Espeon along the way and eventually made it to Blaine's gym. Instead of challenging him, I decided to explore the caverns under the islands. I went around the caves, gathering items, battling trainers and catching a Golduck before I finally got to Articuno. I got it down to low health very quickly with Feraligatr, but unfortunately Feraligatr was KOed. I sent out my Ampharos, and eventually trapped it in an Ultra Ball. I made my way out of the islands and flew back to Cinnabar, where I ended my session.

My Team:
Feraligatr, Lv 56
Espeon, Lv 52
Ampharos, Lv 57
Fearow, Lv 55
Tyranitar, Lv 56
Magmar, Lv 55

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
I just ran into my first random encounter shiny in 4th gen. today! ^__^
I was training my Treeko (actually, it's shiny too, LOL) in Mt. Silver, and I ran into a shiny onix! He's Modest natured, so I'll probably just keep him as a trophy, not for fighting.
Even though I've chained and RNGed countless shinies, I was still really excited to see a genuine Random Encounter shiny. I thought I'd never see one in 4th gen. It was a nice little surprise before B/W. =D

..After RNGing so much, I never thought I'd actually get really excited to see that shiny sparkle. But really, there is just something satisfying about a truly random shiny that you don't expect, no matter what it is. ^__^

Ausgirl

I've almost finished IV-breeding my HG in-game team.

Traded all my TMs from Plat & SS into my HG game. Which was very exausting cos I have a lot of TMs. *Shrugs* at least they're all in the one place now.

I finally managed to get my Steelix & Ninetales to level 100 on SS. Pikachu is likely to be my next level 100 since it's currently at level 85.

Last edited:

OJG

r u not entertained
I've hatched Squirtle and bred a number of Houndour in order to get a Hasty one. Houndour is now Houndoom and at level 29: Squirtle is at level 33 and is a Wartortle. Gonna get all 6 of my Pokemon (Graveler, Fearow, Nidorino, Nidorina, Wartortle and Houndoom) to level 36 before I go for the 6th badge then 40 for the 7th.

pokemon123456

Super Awesome Dude
Bp

Does anyone have a lot of BP in HG/SS? If so please PM me! I'm looking to teach a few of my Pokemon from Diamond new moves using the move tutors at the Battle Frontier.

poke-lord

This will be my last update for a while now because of the imminent release of B/W.

I lost against Palmer in the Silver Medal one. He paralysed my Lapras and I couldn't move for 5 turns, which was annoying. HHe the swept the rest of my team easily

PokeSchmidt

Currently did the Celebi Giovanni event which was disappointing considering i drove way too far just to get to a Gamestop that actually offered the download. Does anyone know what would happen if you lost to Giovanni considering the whole time element would throw off later games in the series?

Fish

Thunder Trainer
Currently did the Celebi Giovanni event which was disappointing considering i drove way too far just to get to a Gamestop that actually offered the download. Does anyone know what would happen if you lost to Giovanni considering the whole time element would throw off later games in the series?

Probably the same thing that happens every time you lose ever. It acts like nothing happened and you do it again.

ArcanineShrine014029

Defeated Bugsy, and then my Rival. My team now consists of Bayleef, Geodude, and Slowpoke. I'm now wondering through the Ilex forest...trying to solve the Farfetch'd puzzle. Again. XD I want to figure it out on my own this time without a walkthrough.

zack1392

Pokemon Trainer
Been awhile since I actually played this.
Looks like I am at the rocket base in Mahogany town.
I picked up the event Raikou and Celebi. Just put them here until Sunday ;)
My team is Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Meganium, Donphan, Murkrow, and Misdreavus.
everyone is 35 or 36 except Misdreavus who is newly captured and is only level 22

Natow

Ditto Herder
I've been playing my Soul Silver now pretty consistently since it came out last march. Took a break over the winter holidays, but returned to complete my big goal- complete the pokedex, and have most of them. This took me a lot of time, a lot of friends, and a good amount of time grinding at the elite four, ha ha!

But now I'm at 492 out of 493 pokemon, in my favorite generation! Only problem- the last one is Deoxys. And I have like having my pokemon be legit. So, now I sit here, waltzing about with untouched legendaries and almost every other pokemon, wondering, "what should I do now? Breed and EV train? Create teams? Get more than one level 100 pokemon?"

I realize this is a well thought out game because there is no real goal or end to it. It's insidious. I love it.

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
But now I'm at 492 out of 493 pokemon, in my favorite generation!
Only problem- the last one is Deoxys. And I have like having my pokemon be legit. So, now I sit here, waltzing about with untouched legendaries and almost every other pokemon, wondering, "what should I do now? Breed and EV train? Create teams? Get more than one level 100 pokemon?"

Wait! You're telling me I haven't finished my Dex ALL THIS TIME!? I totally thought I was done at 420 for some reason. D:

I'd try the event thread if I were you as that's the only real place to get a legit deoxys. There may also be a Deoxys thread as well.

Natow

Ditto Herder
Wait! You're telling me I haven't finished my Dex ALL THIS TIME!? I totally thought I was done at 420 for some reason. D:

I'd try the event thread if I were you as that's the only real place to get a legit deoxys. There may also be a Deoxys thread as well.

It takes a lot of the mystery out of the game to finish the dex, but eh, I like it.

NorthernLord

After beating Jasmine, I went to the lake of rage where I caught a red gyarados. When I came back to the shore, a guy named Lance asked me if I could help him trace the weird signals that made the pokemon at lake of rage go nuts.
I found him in a strange house back in the city. His dragonite used hyper beam on a person there. I was quite astonished that he would use so much violence against a human. That poor bugger was quite shocked afterwards. We both went down in the cellar that Lance had discovered, and I battled a bunch of team rocket guys. They were no match for me and my team. I discovered that we needed two passwords to get into the room with the transmitter. I beat a bunch of team rocket grunts and the passwords were mine. I beat a stupid mimic-guy and his stupid bird was running around the whole complex, screaming "Hail Giovani". The voice of the bird opened up the room wih the transmitter. Right before I went in, a team rocket excecutive came to battle with me. Lance came and helped me out, although I wouldn't have needeed it.
After beating her, we KO'ed a few electrodes in order to stop the making-pokemon-go-crazy-signal. Lance and I conversated for a while, before he left with a swoosh.

Then I went to the gym, and beat that complacent old guy named... oh well he was so pathetic that I forgot his name. Then I went to Goldenrod city, where I was to discover that team rocket had taken over the city and the radio tower. As the legal authorities obviously did not intend to interfere with their plans, I went up there, beat all of the team rockets and saved the day - again. After doing so, I went east from Mahogany town, made my way through the ice cave, and rested for a while at the local pokemon centre.

When me and my pokemon woke up the next day, we decided to train a bit. My team was all level 36 and we all felt a bit weak. After three hours of intensive training, my team was all level 40. We fought our way through the 8th gym, crushing the dragon trainers with our little fingers.

Clair, however, was not an easy match. I was impressed by her and her team. But Haganaru (Forretress) performed an explosion in the face of her gyarados, knocking them both down. Marowak easily put down Clair's dragonairs using his amazing strength and hurling his bone at them. Two bonemerangs was enough to put the dragonairs down. I countered her Kingdra with Whiskey (Quagsire). He created three succesive earthquakes that completely took the kingdra on surprise. Kingdra fainted, and I was victorious.
However that stupid crybaby wouldn't give me the badge. Instead I was sent to do the dragon-challenge in a cave behind the gym. I went into the cave, beat alot of trainers, caught a dratini, and answered the questions of a raving old man.
Clair came in, and the old man told her to give me the badge. Mumbling and grumbling, she handed it over. The old man told me I was inpeccable in skill and understanding. Maybe he wasn't so raving after all. He even gave me a real nice dratini.

When I came out of the cave, Prof. Elm called me. He wanted to give me something. I flew over to my hometown, where he gave me a master ball. I was really excited.

Then I went to bed. As I went to bed, I had a wonderfull feeling that a new adventure was about to begin. An adventure far, far away. Different pokemon, different people and new friends. The last thought that went through my mind before I fell asleep was this:
BLACK.

Yoran

I've just arrived at Indigo Plateau after beating my rival in the Victory Road. Now I'm training my team for the Elite 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.