• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEpicGoomba

Me and Jasmine then talked for a bit. She said that the Steel type was very strong. The battle for my 6th Badge then begun.

;081; VS ;208;
I sent out Steelix to use Dig. I suceeded and it was a One Hit KO.

;208; VS ;208;
She decided to fight fire with fire and sent out her own Steelix. Her's however had a 5Lv advantage. My Quick Claw activated and I used Dig. She used Sandstorm, I don't know why. I hit but it didn't do much. I switched.

;208; VS ;171;
I used Surf which was a KO.

;081; VS ;171;
She sent out her other Magnemite so I used Surf which did a ton of damage. Volt Absorb stopped me from being hit by Thunder Bolt. I used Surf again but she healed. She healed yet again so I used Surf one more time to get the win.

I won! She gave me the Mineral Badge and the TM for Iron Tail. I then left to heal

Team
;160; Lv 30
;208; Lv 31
;058; Lv 30
;065; Lv 30
;171; Lv 30
;198; Lv 17

Aquarelle

Staff member
I went to the Battle Factory today after discovering that I had a current win-streak of 14 in the open level challenge. I rented Houndoom, Starmie, and Drapion and got through the first 6 trainers really easily. I then fought Thorton, who used a Kangaskhan first. Kangaskhan OHKOed Houndoom with Double Edge, and got my Drapion down to half health before finally going down. He used Shuckle next, which was a total joke. His last Pokemon was Electrode, which finished off Drapion. I sent out my last Pokemon, Starmie, and well...I think it's pretty obvious how the battle ended. >_>

I then spent some time at the Pokeathlon, where I made my Bronzong and Metagross into Medalist Pokemon. I then went around the two regions collecting apricorns, and got a lot of accessories from my Bronzong in the process.

HydroSwampert

Day 111 Tuesday , August 9, 2011 9:35,6 PM
I left the Pokeathlon Dome , and I flew from there to Indigo Plateau , and from there to Cerulean City . I then went east onto Route 9 . I found some water, and I Surfed south, and then west a little. I got on land by the Power Plant and I headed west through the Grass , tall and short. After a little while, I saw Zapdos ! I switched from Meganium to Ariados ! I saved in front of him, 87:41 ! I challenged him and the Battle started! After a Poison Jab and two Shadow Sneak 's , Zapdos was in low Red HP ! After throing five unsuccessful Ultra Balls , the sixth Ultra ball caught him, surprisingly! After I saw his PokeDex Entry , he was sent to Box 1 in my PC ! I then flew to Pallet Town on Murkrow ! We explored, and for some reason Daisy , Blue 's older Sister , wouldn't message my Meganium ! I'll have to look why! I then flew to Lavender Town , which I also explored! Nurse Joy healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center ! I then flew to Celadon City , which I also explored! I found a TM67 , Recycle , and a nice man, a Game Freak Sounds Designer , gave me a GB Music thing that has music from the Game Boy ! I also saw Lyra before I talked to him, as she told me to talk to him as you have to have all Eight of Kanto's Gym Badges before he will give it to you! I then saved in the Pokemon Center , in front of Nurse Joy . 88:14
My team is:
Meganium Lv.60
Ampharos Lv.60
Kingler Lv.59
Sudowoodo Lv.59
Murkrow Lv.59
Ariados Lv.59
Well, I found some stuff to do today! I am very surprised that I caught Zapdos with my Sixth Ultra Ball on my First try! I'm not sure what I wil do tomorrow, but I'm sure that I will find something! I might go for another Legendary Bird , but I'm not sure yet! I hope that you like this rather medium-, large-sized Update ! Thanks for reading!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After grinding at Victory Road for about 45 minutes, I headed back to the Pokemon League building and I healed my Pokemon there. I then stocked up on important items once more, and I headed into the first Elite Four members' room. I challenged Will to a battle, and the first thing that I had to face was his Xatu. I used Ampharos against it since I knew that I would need to counter it with Electric-type moves. I defeated Xatu like that, and then I used Ho-Oh against Will's Jynx. I swapped back out to Ampharos when Will used Slowbro, and I beat it with ThunderPunch. I faced off against his Exeggutor with my Ho-Oh, and I charred that thing until only ashes remained. I only had to fight against Will's last Xatu after that, and I finished it with my Noctowl's Shadow Ball attack.

TheEpicGoomba

After healing I flew back to Cianwood and went through the whole Cliff side thing until I got to the Safari Zone Gate. There was where I went just to the outskirts and trained Murkrow a ton. And by a ton I mean a ton. I got him up to Level 30 and taught him to TM for Shadow Ball I got from Morty. I then flew over to Ecruteak and healed. I then headed West onto the Route with Mt Mortar. I entered the Moutain and wandered around for a bit and picked up a whole bunch of items. I then left as there were no trainers to fight. I then flew to Azelea Town and went inside the Slowpoke Well. I used Strength and Surf to get to a lower part of the Cave where I met a man. He gave me a King's Rock. I could use it to evolve Slowpoke but I don't have one so I have no need for it. I then entered the Union Cave.

Team
;160; Lv 30
;208; Lv 31
;058; Lv 30
;065; Lv 30
;171; Lv 30
;198; Lv 30

Lorde

With Will out of the way, I headed towards the other room after healing some of my Pokemon with Super Potions. I got to Koga's chamber, and after chatting, we began to battle. He sent out his Ariados, and I had to fight it off with Typhlosion. One Flame Wheel attack was enough to defeat Ariados, but then Koga sent out his Crobat, so I had to swap out to Ampharos. Ampharos was able to cream Crobat with ThunderPunch, and then I swapped back out to Typhlosion when Koga sent out his Forretress. Flame Wheel came in handy once more, and then I used Earthquake against Koga's Muk, which also went down fast. All that was left after that was Koga's Venomoth. I used Noctowl and I had it use Aerial Ace to win that battle. I saved after beating Koga.

TheEpicGoomba

I wandered around for a bit and used Surf to go to a lower part of the Cave. There I met a bunch of strong Trainers. They were a lot stronger then the ones i've fought previously. Except the Gym Leaders of course. I then continued to go even lower into the Cave. I used Surf to explore the Cave even further. I picked up a few items and battled a few tough Trainers. I then found out that on Friday's a Lapras swims around in the Water. But since it isn't Friday it wasn't there so I escaped using Steelix's Dig. I then flew back to Ecruteak and headed West again.

Team
;160; Lv 32
;208; Lv 32
;058; Lv 30
;065; Lv 30
;171; Lv 31
;198; Lv 30

Lirium

I beat the Elite 4 today, literally on luck. Typloshion was at 37 hp, paralyzed and I had no Pokemon left, and I slowly plowed through the 2 last Dragonites, using a hyper potion every second attack. felt so good to beat the Champion!

Hilijix

Back in Blue
156 17 67 103 232

I surfed along the ocean blue, fighting many trainers and wild Pokemon despite myself buying many Super Repels earlier. I just neglected to use them to fight the Tentacool and Tentacruel and raise my Pokemon's levels.

At the other side of the sea, we heal since most of my Pokemon are injured, and surf around the Whirl Islands. After defeating a wild Tentacool, S.MachoMan evolved into Machoke! I think I fought all the trainers there, but Carolina got poisoned so I had to make a quick escape back to Cianwood.

We head north and find Suicune! It runs away, and then that weird guy named Eusine comes up and battles us for some reason. Despite getting no epic fight music whatsoever, we fight:

Mysteriously Mad Man without Menacing Monsters
EUSINE

;156;;017;;067;;103;;232; V.S. ;096;;093;;101;​

Carolina uses Return to defeat Drowzee while it misses with Hypnosis. Against Electrode, Cannonbolt Earthquakes it while it tries to Screech. With Carolina against Haunter, the ghost just committed suicide with Curse and my Pigeotto just cleaned up. Eusine hated to admit he lost, and just went away, dissapointed that he couldn't see Suicune.

Kylesico912X

I climb the light house in olivine city and met Jasmine. I did some back and forth work and eventually finished breeding an adamant scyther and a Naughty Growlithe. I go back to Canalave city and challenged Chuck. He wasn't much of a problem. I easily won with Togeri and Haya the Scyther. I then go to the medication shop before taking on Eusine. The guy is freakier than Belle's dad... I beat him and then go back to Olivine and healed the Ampharos. She then challenges me to a battle which I accept. I meet her in her gym and she is the 2nd gymleader to give me trouble after Whitney. I defeated her eventually with the help of Blaze the growlithe, Glacier the Lapras and Flora the Gloom. I save after this event. 6 badges down 2 more to go.

Pokemon:
Blaze/Growlithe
Lv:30 Item: Charcoal
Flora/Gloom
Lv:30 Item: Miracle Seed
Togeri/Togetic
Lv:30 Item: Shell Bell
Glacier/Lapras
Lv:32 Item: Oran Berry
Haya/Scyther
Lv:30 Item: N/A
Shadow/Espeon
Lv:30 Item: Silk Scarf

Lorde

I healed my Pokemon after that tough battle against Koga of the Elite Four. I then headed into the next room to fight against Bruno and his Fighting-type Pokemon. I got there and we began to fight. He sent out his Hitmontop first, and I sent out my Noctowl since I thought that I might as well use type advantages whenever possible. I took down Hitmontop with Aerial Ace, but I had to swap Pokemon when Bruno used his Onix. I defeated that with Politoed's Surf attack, and I used Noctowl to defeat Bruno's Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. All that Bruno had left was his Machamp, and that thing proved to be tough enough to defeat my Noctowl with one critical hit. I had to use Typhlosion's Hyper Beam attack to defeat Machamp. I saved after that battle.

HydroSwampert

Day 112 Wednesday , August 10, 2011 9:27,8,9, 30,1,2,3 PM
I left the Pokemon Center . I then flew on Murkrow from Celadon City to Cinnabar Island! I headed east onto Route 20 . After some Surfing on Kingler and running away from some Wild Pokemon Encounters , I found the entrance to the first Seafoam Islands ! I entered. I headed down. After a little while of exploration, uncluding finding a TM13, Ice Beam , I decided to call it a Day , partly because I was stumped as how to get farther for the time being! I then saved a little farther south of where I found the TM13, Ice Beam . 88:47
My Team is:
Meganium Lv.60
Ampharos Lv.60
Kingler Lv.59
Sudowoodo Lv.59
Ariados Lv.59
Murkrow Lv.59
Well, I found some stuff to do today! I decided that I am going to try and find, and then catch Articuno ! I'm going to try more tomorrow! I hope that you like this rather short-, medium-sized Update ! Thanks for reading!

TheEpicGoomba

I re entered Mount Mortar where I explored a ton. I battled a few good trainers to raise my Murkrows Level a bit. I also picked up a few items however most of the Cavern were blocked because I didn't have the correct HMs. Waterfall, Strength and Rock Climb so I left. I then surfed for a bit until I came to land with a Cut tree on it. I cut it down and Suicune was inside. He pushed me out of the way and ran of. Euisine then came. He said some more Suicune related stuff and left. I then used Surf again and reached some more land where I battled a few trainers. I then continued on my way until I arrived at Mohogany Town. I healed at the Pokemon Centre.

Team
;160; Lv 32
;208; Lv 32
;058; Lv 30
;065; Lv 30
;171; Lv 31
;198; Lv 31

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Well, it's time to challenge the Gym Leader of this oceanside place! Because he's awesome and stuff, he trains by pouring a ton of water on him constantly. Hey, whatever works, right? In order to fight him, we have to fight a few Karate Kings and stop the water from running on him. Pretty easy puzzle, the small boulder one might've been harder in G/S/C. Anyway, the Gym Leader Chuck Norris is very angry that we've stopped his training, so we compete with...

Ferocious Fighting Fighter with only Two Fighting Fighters
CHUCK NORRIS

;156;;017;;067;;103;;232; VS. ;057;;062;​

Now Chuck Norris is a very hard Gym Leader to defeat. I have had many troubles with fighting him in the past, specifically due to his last Pokemon and luck hax. However, because I have a Pokemon the ultimate combination to defend against Water and Fighting (Nassie), it was a whole ton easier.

Against Primeape, I had Donphan go against it. The Primeape we fought was a complete idiot and tried Rock Slide twice against Cannonbolt, which proved uneffective as he Earthquaked it away. Against Poliwrath however, I switched to Nassie. All the Poliwrath could do was Body Slam me, while Nassie used Psychic. On the second Body Slam though, Poliwrath paralyzed me, but Nassie didn't care and finished the job easily, thus, earning us the badge from Chuck Norris.

Well, I'm going to trade for my last Pokemon soon! Here's a hint: It's a Water type that got a boost of popularity in this generation, and once had the highest of one of its stats. Here's my Current Team:

;156; Lv. 30 (Quick Attack/Leer/Headbutt/FlameWheel)
;017; Lv. 29 (Aerial Ace/Brave Bird/Return/Quick Attack)
;067; Lv. 29 (Brick Break/ThunderPunch/Ice Punch/Rock Slide)
;103; Lv. 29 (Energy Ball/Sleep Powder/Leech Seed)
;232; Lv. 29 (Earthquake/Defense Curl/Ice Shard/Rollout)

Lorde

I had to heal all of my Pokemon all over again since many of them were injured in the fight against Bruno and his Fighting-type Pokemon. Once that was finished, I entered Karen's room, and I challenged her to a battle. She sent out her Murkrow, but I was more than ready for that. I used Ampharos to zap Murkrow, and then I had to deal with Karen's Gengar. I used Ho-Oh against it since I thought Ho-Oh could toast it with Sacred Fire, but it didn't work right away. Once that was done, I had to battle against Karen's Houndoom, and I used Politoed's Surf attack against it. Once Houndoom was defeated, Karen used her Vileplume, and I used Ho-Oh once more. All that was left for Karen was Umbreon, but it sure gave me a hard time. It took Typhlosion a long time to defeat that thing, but I saved once Umbreon was beaten.

TheEpicGoomba

I then headed East however I was stopped by a Salesman. He sold me a RageCandyBar. He then told me some story. I then headed to the Gym however I noticed that the Gym was being blocked by a man so I had to Head North to progress. I went through the Gate and when I left I had to paths. Go through another Gate and get fined or just go through the Long Grass. I obviously went through the Grass. I battled a load of trainers and got a raise in a few Levels. I also picked up a few items but not many. I then continued North until I arrived at a famous Lake. It was the Lake of Rage. I talked to a few people and aparantly there was a Red Gyarados in the middle. So I used Surf.

Team in Sig.

Geekachu

Spr_4h_160.png
TOTO ♂ - Lv.43
Timid Nature
Often Scatters Things

HP: 137/137
Att: 97
Def: 99
Sp.A: 83
Sp.D: 81
Speed: 89

Moves:
Crunch
Ice Fang
Surf
Waterfall

---

Spr_4h_169.png
AVA ♀ - Lv.40
Quirky Nature
Alert to Sounds

HP: 127/127
Att: 87
Def: 80
Sp.A: 68
Sp.D: 76
Speed: 127

Moves:
Fly
Confuse Ray
Cross Poison
Bite

---

Spr_4h_208_m.png
ROCKY ♂ - Lv.41
Hasty Nature
Loves to Eat

HP: 123/123
Att: 84
Def: 163
Sp.A: 57
Sp.D: 64
Speed: 47

Moves:
Screech
Ice Fang
Iron Tail
Earthquake

---

Spr_4h_094.png
SPOOK ♂ - Lv.41
Jolly Nature
Quick to Flee

HP: 101/101
Att: 68
Def: 62
Sp.A: 115
Sp.D: 68
Speed: 117

Moves:
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball
Curse
Dream Eater

---

Spr_4h_214_m.png
BOWIE ♂ - Lv.40
Careful Nature
Quick to Flee

HP: 121/121
Att: 109
Def: 69
Sp.A: 36
Sp.D: 96
Speed: 89

Moves:
Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Horn Attack
Close Combat

---

Spr_4h_058.png
KOTONE ♀ - Lv.41
Adamant Nature
Alert to Sounds

HP: 105/105
Att: 82
Def: 46
Sp.A: 61
Sp.D: 54
Speed: 73

Moves:
Reversal
Fire Fang
Flame Wheel
Flamethrower

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I started over earlier and got a female totodile on the first try ^^ I named her Samantha after my best friend and set off on my journey. I caught everything on the first routes and decided to use my male pidgey until I get something better to use. I'm now in Violet City and here is my current team:

Samantha lv 9
Pidgey lv 8

clone1

Aesthetics brahz
Just beat Jasmine for my 6th gym badge. After quick training, I rushed over to the lake of rage to catch the red gyarados. I caught it easily and lance showed up for the rocket secret hideout crisis. I took my lvl 35 sudowoddo off my team because it started to bore me. Trying to build a new team now >,>
Meganium lvl 33
Lanturn 34
Tauros 33
Noctowl 33

HydroSwampert

Day 113 Thursday , August 11 , 2011 9:48,9, 50,1 PM
I explored the Seafoam Islands a lot more for about twenty-five minutes, also going onto Route 20 twice! I eventually found Articuno ! I saved in front of him, 89:12 ! I challenged him with Ampharos at the Lead of my Party ! After using all forty-five Ultra Balls that I had, including one from inside the Seafoam Islands today, I ran out. I then turned off my DS , and I turned it back on! I then switched Meganim back to the Lead of my Party . Also, Sudowoodo was still fainted, unfourtunately! I then saved next to Articuno , in the snow, with Meganium at my left. 89:15
My Team is:
Meganium Lv.60
Ampharos Lv.60
Araidos Lv.59
Sudowoodo Lv.59
Kingler Lv.59
Murkrow Lv.59
Well, I found Articuno ! I hope that I will catch him tomorrow, at least on my third overall try! I hope that you like this rather short-, medium-sized Update ! Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.