• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenDragonRider

Friend of Pikachu
May 28th, 2012:
This is breaking news: I just caught a shiny Tentacool in Heartgold! It was a completely random encounter, too. This has never happened to me before and it has me all excited!!...and now we return to your originally scheduled programming.

HydroSwampert

Day 404 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 404 Monday, May 28th, 2012 7:56 PM
I started off where we left off yesterday, in Celadon City's Game Corner! We thanked the two nice men for letting us stay here lately! We went over and talked to them! Once across the table from them, we started playing Voltorb Flip! We started off with 18,113 Coins! We started playing Voltorb Flip Level 1!

Level 1
1. Lost
2. Cleared with 24 Coins

Level 2
3. Lost
4. Lost
5. Lost
6. Cleared with 81 Coins

Level 3
7. Lost
8. Cleared with 162 Coins

Level 4
9. Cleared with 324 Coins

Level 5
10. Lost

Level 4
11. Lost

Level 3
12. Lost

Level 1
13. Cleared with 27 Coins

Level 2
14. Lost
15. Lost
16. Cleared with 64 Coins

Level 3
17. Lost

Level 2
18. Cleared with 96 Coins

Level 3
19. Lost
20. Lost
21. Lost
22. Cleared with 108 Coins

Level 4
23. Cleared with 256 Coins

Level 5
24. Lost
25. Lost

Level 1
26. Lost
27. Cleared with 32 Coins

Level 2
28. Cleared with 96 Coins

Level 3
29. Lost
30. Lost

After thirty games, we quit playing Voltorb Flip for today wuth 19,383 Coins! We then thanked the two nice men for letting us play Voltorb Flip with them today and for letting us stay here lately and for however long we will stay here! I then saved to the left and to the back a little bit of the two nice Clerks, with Meganium to my right, in Celadon City's Game Corner. 248:37
Badges: 16
PokeDex, Caught: 120

My Team is:
Ampharos Lv.64
Meganium Lv.63
Kingler Lv.63
Ariados Lv.63
Honchkrow Lv.63
Sudowoodo Lv.63

We got about 1,250 Coins in thirty Games of Voltorb Flip today! Hopefully we'll do just as good tomorrow if not better! Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I beat the e4 a few more times to level my pokemon.

HydroSwampert

Day 405 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 405 Tuesday, May 29th, 2012 9:28 PM
I started off where we left off yesterday, in Celadon City's Game Corner! We thanked the two nice mem for letting us stay here lately! We then went over and talked to the two nice men. Once across the table from them, we started playing Voltorb Flip! We started off with 19,383 Coins! We started playing Voltorb Flip Level 1!

Level 1
1. Lost
2. Cleared with 27 Coins

Level 2
3. Cleared with 96 Coins

Level 3
4. Cleared with 162 Coins

Level 4
5. Cleared with 324 Coins

Level 5
6. Cleared with 432 Coins

Level 6
7. Lost

Level 2
8. Cleared with 54 Coins

Level 3
9. Lost
10. Lost
11. Lost

Level 1
12. Cleared with 27 Coins

Level 2
13. Cleared with 54 Coins

Level 3
14. Lost
15. Cleared with 128 Coins

Level 4
16. Lost

Level 3
17. Cleared with 128 Coins

Level 4
18. Lost
19. Lost
20. Lost
21. Lost
22. Loat
23. Lost
24. Lost
25. Lost

Level 2
26. Lost
27. Cleared with 72 Coins

Level 3
28. Cleared with 108 Coins

Level 4
29. Lost

Level 2
30. Cleared with 64 Coins

After thirty Games of Voltorb Flip, we quit with 21,059 Coins! Irwin then called us, but we missed his call! We hope that he calls us back! We then thanked the two nice men for letting us play Voltorb Flip with them and for letting us stay here now and for however long we will be here for, now and later! I then saved to the front and to the left a little bit of the two nice men, with Meganium to my left, in Celadon City's Game Corner. 249:11

My Team is:
Ampharos Lv.64
Meganium Lv.63
Honchkrow Lv.63
Ariados Lv.63
Kingler Lv.63
Sudowoodo Lv.63

We got about 1,600 Coins in thirty Games of Voltorb Flip today! Hopefully I'll do just as good, if not better, tomorrow, if I do this again tomorrow! Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!

Hilijix

Back in Blue
May 29, 2012
Day 3: Magmar, Dragonair, and Spinarak

Caught a Magmar after two encounters (I’m freaking lucky) in the basement of the Burnt Tower. I THOUGHT I had a Magmortar, but I apparently transferred it to B/W. Ah well, I could’ve knocked out Magby as well.

After that, a Dragonair was needed. Thankfully I had a Dratini and a Dragonite already, so I trained the Dratini about seven levels via Blaine. It took three rematches, and officially, the Kanto Dex was done! Now onto the Johto Dex!

A Spinarak was needed, but you sadly can’t obtain them in SoulSilver. So, we switched to HeartGold, waited until night (two hours prior to typing this) caught one, and traded it to SoulSilver. Training it shall begin… the next time I update this.

Seen: 410/493 83 remain
Caught: 371/493 122 remain

I must evolve Spinarak to Ariados next time…

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
well i started a new game and i'm doing a little gather around. i don't want to rush playing the game so i think i'll do a bit of grinding and maybe catching and recatching poke to determine whats a better fit ;)

WastingLight

I had beat Blue at the Gym and I then realised that I needed to raise my pokemon some more if I was going to beat the new E4. So I called Bugsy to battle me a few times and I got my Charizard to level 72 and my Raichu level 70 after I called Misty and beat her too many times. Next I am going to raise my Garchomp and Gengar. Right now I am at Mt. Silver exploring the area and cave, waiting for night time to catch a Sneasel.

My Team:
Charizard lvl 72
Raichu lvl 70
Froslass lvl 66
Garchomp lvl 62
Gengar lvl 62
Dragonite lvl 67

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I just finished beating all the gym leaders. Blue was a bit tough, admittedly but I was able to overcome all of that. Anyways, I got the HM for Rock Climb from Prof. Oak already and I guess I'll be training for the final battle against Red. I'm right now getting the phone numbers of some gym leaders and probably replace some of my Pokes in my team (it still isn't final, though). I think I'll also be catching some legendaries as well.

HydroSwampert

Day 406 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 406 Wednesday, May 30th, 2012 8:47,8 PM
I started off where we left off yesterday, in Celadon City's Game Corner! We thanked the two nice men for letting us stay here today and lately! We then went over and talked to them! Once across the table from then, we started playing Voltorb Flip! We started with 21,059 Coins! We started playing Voltorb Flip Level 1!

Level 1
1. Lost
2. Cleared with 24 Coins

Level 2
3. Lost
4. Cleared with 81 Coins

Level 3
5. Lost
6. Cleared with 128 Coins

Level 4
7. Lost
8. Lost
9. Lost
10. Lost

Level 1
11. Cleared with 27 Coins

Level 2
12. Cleared with 81 Coins

Level 3
13. Cleared with 192 Coins

Level 4
14. Cleared with 243 Coins

Level 5
15. Lost

Level 2
16. Lost

Level 1
17. Cleared with 27 Coins

Level 2
18. Lost
19. Lost
20. Cleared with 96 Coins

Level 3
21. Lost

Level 1
22. Lost
23. Cleared with 32 Coins

Level 2
24. Cleared with 81 Coins

Level 3
25. Lost
26. Lost

Level 1
27. Lost
28. Cleared with 24 Coins

Level 2
29. Cleared with 54 Coins

Level 3
30. Lost

After thirty Games of Voltorb Flip, we quit with 22,149 Coins! We then thanked the two nice men here for letting us play Voltorb Flip with them and for letting us stay here lately and for however long we will be staying here for now and in the future! I then saved to the front and to the right a little bit of the two nice men, with Meganium to my left, in Celadon City's Game Corner. 249:37,8

My Team is:
Ampharos Lv.64
Meganium Lv.63
Kingler Lv.63
Sudowoodo Lv.63
Honchkrow Lv.63
Ariados Lv.63

I got about 1,100 Coins in thirty Games of Voltorb Flip today! Hopefully I'll do just as good as I did today if not better tomorrow, if I do this again tomorrow! Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I returned to the Pokemon Center that was located at the foot of Rock Tunnel, and I deposited the Zapdos that I caught at the Power Plant. I then entered Rock Tunnel, and I wandered through the cave. I battled some wild Pokemon, and I finally found the cave's exit. I arrived at Route 10. I headed south to Lavender Town, and I visited the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I visited the local Radio Tower afterwards, and I talked to a man inside. He upgraded my Pokegear's radio because I helped with the Power Plant energy crisis, and then I headed south towards Fuchsia City. I battled some trainers along the way, and then I went west toward Vermilion City. I battled some more trainers along Route 11, and then I arrived near Diglett's Cave. I used the Poke Flute music to awoken the Snorlax, and I battled against it. I captured it inside a Heavy Ball and then I saved after that.

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
After not playing the game for a long time, istarted playing it again mostly because i got wifi,used the gts and got a japanese spiritomb on a trade ,since I had my doubts wheter it was fake or not I breed it then release it,now, I'm training Spiritomb and a Skuntank .

HydroSwampert

Day 407 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 407 Thursday, May 31st, 2012 8:59, 9:00 PM
I started off where we left off yesterday, in Celadon City's Game Corner! We thanked the two nice men here for letting us stay here lately! We then went over and talked to the two nice men. Once across the table from them, we started playing Voltorb Flip with them! We started off with 22,149 Coins! We started playing Voltorb Flip Level 1!

Level 1
1. Cleared with 27 Coins

Level 2
2. Cleared with 54 Coins

Level 3
3. Cleared with 108 Coins

Level 4
4. Lost
5. Lost

Level 1
6. Lost
7. Lost
8. Lost
9. Cleared with 24 Coins

Level 2
10. Lost

Level 1
11. Lost
12. Cleared with 32 Coins

Level 2
13. Cleared with 72 Coins

Level 3
14. Cleared with 162 Coins

Level 4
15. Lost

Level 1
16. Cleared with 48 Coins

Level 2
17. Lost
18. Lost
19. Cleared with 96 Coins

Level 3
20. Cleared with 144 Coins

Level 4
21. Lost
22. Lost
23. Lost

Level 2
24. Lost

Level 1
25. Cleared with 48 Coins

Level 2
26. Lost
27. Lost
28. Cleared with 81 Coins

Level 3
29. Lost
30. Lost

After thirty Games of Voltorb Flip, we quit with 23,045 Coins! We then thanked the two nice men for letting us play Voltorb Flip with them and for letting us stay here today, lately, and for however long we will stay here for now and whenever! I then saved to the back and to the right a little bit of the two nice men, with Meganium to my left, in Celadon City's Game Corner. 250:07

My Team is:
Ampharos Lv.64
Meganium Lv.63
Kingler Lv.63
Ariados Lv.63
Sudowoodo Lv.63
Honchkrow Lv.63

We got about 900 Coins in thirty Games of Voltorb Flip today! Hopefully I'll do just as good if not better tomorrow! Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I finally tried my hand on more wifi battles. I traded a ATK EV trained probopass in exchange for an ATK EV trained Garchomp. I'm going to use it to rack up hundreds of wins in HGSS.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I went to the Vermilion City Pokemon Center to deposit my newly-captured Snorlax. I healed my team afterwards since they were injured after all those battles, and then I returned to Route 11. I entered Diglett's Cave, and I started to make my way to the other side toward Route 2. I captured a wild Diglett inside, and then I arrived at Route 2 after exiting the cave. I used Cut to cut down a tree that was blocking the path, and then I arrived in Pewter City. I visited the local Poke Mart first, and I bought some items there. I also got the Silver Wing from an old man as well. I also visited the Pewter City Museum of Science. I left after a while, and I visited the Pewter City Gym. I battled against the two Gym trainers inside the Gym, and then I went back to the Pewter City Pokemon Center in order to swap some of my Pokemon at the PC. I saved before going back to the Gym to challenge Brock.

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

I started my game over and I just got Eevee. What should I evolved it into?

Personally, I picked Umbreon myself, but... Ya know... Maybe an Espeon if you don't care about defense that much.

Anyhow, I let my friend borrow my DS for a couple hours. He beat the first gym for me and raised my Quilava, and caught me a Zubat (though I didn't need said help, and I didn't even need Zubat for my team. It was good for stalling so my Quilava didn't get overleveled, though, as the 2nd member of my team is just after gym 2).

dragon user

Making stalling squads for competetive battle and bt gonna have 2 team one is:
Snorlax ev'd in 255 hp and 255 in attack.
Shuckle ev'd in 255 def 255 sp def.
Arcanine ev'd in 252 sp attack 252 in sp def and 6 in speed.
Skarmory ev'd in 252 attack 252 def and 6 in speed.
Milotic ev'd in 252 sp attack 252 sp def and 6 in def.
and finally Nidoking ev'd in 252 attack 252 in def and 6 in hp

Last edited:

Zibdas

not bad
Might as well keep track of my SoulSilver progress here...

So today I finally decided to continure with my SS adventure. Team Rocket took over the Radio Tower.
I decided to phase out my Gloom, Deku, for the Eevee Bill gave me as well.

Current Team:
;133; Kuji
Level 5

;181; Ampharos
Level 31

;93; Haunter
level 29

;176; Minion
Level 29

;37; Keaton
Level 30

;61;Poli
Level 28

Hilijix

Back in Blue
June 1, 2012
Day 4: Ariados, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Natu, and Xatu

I evolved the Spinarak I traded over from HeartGold after a quick refight with Sabrina.

After that, I flew to the Day Care and had a Ditto breed both a Clefairy and Wigglytuff on the same day to get Cleffa and Igglybuff eggs. They hatched rather quickly. At this point, I also withdrew a Togepi and kept it in my party so it would later evolve.

Now, a detour was taken through the Union Cave to find a patch of grass by the Ruins of Alph to find a Natu. It was trained to evolve after a fight with Blaine, as well as a few more extra wild battles near Mt. Silver to evolve it into Xatu.

412/493 Pokemon seen
376/493 caught, 117 remain

I'll need to evolve my Togepi through happiness... This may take a while. After that, I'll need to get a Politoed, which shouldn't be a problem as I've got a King's Rock- I just need a Poliwhirl...

Status
Not open for further replies.