• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamer

Current team: ;157; ;073; ;025; ;143; ;033; ;093;

Spent a bit of time training up Nidorino just outside Fuchsia City. Got him up to lv28. Aiming for about lv40 so he's just about at the same as the rest of the team. The went and caught a Haunter up at route 7, which was nicknamed Ghoul in honor of my Haunter from Silver. Now training him up. Currently also at lv28, although he's been a lot quicker to train. The Nidorino and Nidorina down by Fuchsia don't know any moves that effect Ghost types, which makes life pretty easy. Might have to start looking for a route with slightly higher level Pokemon soon, cause progress is starting to slow.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I left Karen's room at the Pokemon League building, and I headed over to Lance's room next in order to battle against him again. Once I arrived, I talked to him and we began to battle against each other. I sent out my Feraligatr against his Salamence, and I attacked it with Blizzard attack. Thankfully it hit the first time I used it, and Salamence fainted since it was super effective against him. I had to switch to Raichu after that though, since Lance sent out his Gyarados. I defeated Gyarados with Thunderbolt, and I used my Feraligatr against his Garchomp after that. I used Blizzard on it, but it missed the first time and Feraligatr got hit. Blizzard succeeded the second time though, and I beat Garchomp. I used Golem's Rock Slide attack against Lance's Altaria, then Raichu's Thunderbolt against Charizard. Finally, Feraligatr beat Lance's Dragonite and I got registered in the Hall of Fame.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
After I caught Tangela, I trained it up to level 33 and evolved her into an epic derp Pokemon. We then went to Blackthorn City, and went straight to the gym, yes, with level 37/36 Pokemon, and a level 33 Tangrowth. I was feeling confident. After all the gym trainers were defeated, we finally got to Clair. First up was our Bigneck aka Girafarig, which beat Gyarados with 2 Charge Beams. Then was Dragonair #1, which was eventually defeated by Crobat (Confuse Ray + Fly ftw). Yeah, Dragonair failed all his moves cuz of Confuse Ray. Then, once again, Crobat defeated Dragonair #2, with the same strategy. Funny how Dragonair also missed all his moves. Then Kingdra. It was kinda funny actually, because Confuse Ray and Fly made Kingdra run out of Hydro Pump's (after she beat 2 of my Pokemon), so after that it was a piece of cake. Girafarig ended up beating her with our newly learned Psychic attack! :D I took a break after that.

Team:

Heart Gold Team
157.png
169.png
186.png
185.png
203.png
465.png

Drummerdude

Koga started off with Ariados while I used my Miltank. I used a Defense Curl and then proceeded to Rollout all over his Ariados and his Forretress, knocking out both. He went to Muk so I swapped out to Feraligatr and used Waterfall until it fortunately fainted before getting to spam Minimize too much. I wanted to use the Rollout strategy against his Venomoth but Miltank was too worn out so Scizor needed to finish off Venomoth with Wing Attack. Then he sent out Crobat....yeah. I actually tried to be smart here and sent out Dragonair and hit it with Thunder Wave. Crobat then proceeded to take out Dragonair, then Feraligatr, then Scizor, and lastly Jumpluff. Umbreon vs Crobat. Thank God I didn't delete Faint Attack. It only took 5 Pokemon to beat Koga's strongest, I'm sure it'll only get better right???

Like with Koga Miltank started off against Bruno. Fortunately Hitmontop isn't the strongest Pokemon and Miltank was able to prevail with Body Slam and Zen Headbutt. Miltank was not as fortunate against his Hitmonchan however. Jumpluff was up next and actually proceeded to defeat Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee with Aerial Ace and then Onix with Mega Drain (My strongest Grass type move....). I set up a Leech Seed on Onix before getting knocked out. I sent in Scizor and used Wing Attack and watched Machamp's health drop to zero. Critical hit for the win!!

Scizor beat Umbreon with 2 X Scissors despite being confused and Umbreon using Double Team. She sent out Houndoom so I switched to Feraligatr but before a proper battle could commence she switched to Vileplume. Jumpluff knocked it out with Aerial Ace. Miltank tried to beat Murkrow with the Rollout tactic but a freaking critical hit did not let that come to fruition. Dragonair got its first win against the Murkrow with Dragon Pulse. Feraligatr defeated Houndoom and then Umbreon beat her Gengar. 4 down, 1 to go!

160.png
189.png
212.png
197.png
241.png
148.png

Lorde

I started out back in New Bark Town, and I headed downstairs. I flew to Azalea Town right away and I visited Kurt's house. I talked to him inside and I gave him a dozen White Apricorns that I wanted him to work on. I headed out to the Pokemon Center next and I withdrew my event Celebi from the PC. I wandered off to the Ilex Forest afterwards, and after cutting down that annoying tree that was in the way, I walked up to the shrine. I met Lyra there and then Celebi came out of the Poke Ball and used its time travel abilities to send us back in time. Me and Lyra witnessed Silver talking to his father Giovanni just outside Viridian City, then we went to Tohjo Falls and we saw Giovanni hiding out. I battled against him and I defeated him easily. My victory prevented him from reuniting with Team Rocket, then we were sent forward in time again. We returned to the Ilex Forest shrine.

SRed for a little while on getting my Groudon a good nature. After a little while, I got what I was looking for; Adamant. I was quite pleased.

Now I just need to catch all of the roaming Pokemon (Entei, Raikou, and Latios. Both Beasts Asleep with very low HP [in red]) and I'll start a Nuzlock team, which will be my first Nuzlock.

Drummerdude

Aaah Lance. I hate this guy. I started off with Miltank while he threw a Gyarados at me. I went straight for Rollout but it didn't do a lot of damage. I got stuck on Rollout which allowed Gyarados to wipe me out. I went to Scizor next and used Strength until Gyarados fainted. Feraligatr went up against his Charizard and knocked it out with Waterfall. He sent in his first Dragonite and I switched to Dragonair hoping that I could get a Thunder Wave off. I unfortunately could not. I tried out Umbreon next and got lucky that Synchronize worked, or rather that his Dragonite used Thunder Wave. Thanks to this I was able to go to Feraligatr and use Ice Fang twice to knock it out. He sent out another Dragonite which missed Dragon Rush and was beaten by a single critical hit Ice Fang. His Aerodactyl was defeated by a single Surf and then his final Dragonite was taken out by 2 Ice Fangs. Basically Feraligatr is awesome!

I watched the credits roll and transferred my team to White 2 because, quite frankly, my team was ridiculously weak. I plan on starting over soon with a (hopefully better) team and I already have 2 Eggs ready to trade over when I do. Until then...

160.png
189.png
212.png
197.png
241.png
148.png

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally got my team to lv 38 and taught Sealuttuce, my lanturn thunderbolt. I also beat all the trainers in the gym. Next is battling Claire and I hope I don't loose anyone >.>

Lorde

I left the Ilex Forest, and I headed north to Goldenrod City so that I could buy some items at the Department Store. After taking care of that and other errands, I headed north to National Park and I spent some time battling some of the trainers who had called me to schedule battles via the Pokegear. I headed to Ecruteak City after that, and I went to the Burned Tower in order to find a wild Magmar. It took me a while to encounter one, but I captured the one I found easily with a Repeat Ball. I went to the Day Care Center and I deposited the Magmar there with a Ditto. I collected a Magby egg after a few minutes, and I left the Magmar there to gain experience while I was busy with other things. I flew to Violet City afterward, and I went east to Dark Cave in order to search for a wild Dunsparce. I managed to capture one after about five minutes of searching, and I saved the game.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Finally, I have already defeated the champion Lance. He was kinda tough, but not too much of a problem for me, especially for my Feraligatr. After that, I headed to Kanto and solved the problem with the powerplant. I also caught Latios while there and he's pretty good enough to have on my team. Right now, dunno what I'll be doing and I think I'll be replacing some members of my team too.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat Claire without loosing anyone. Sealuttuce took out her gyarados, 1 odf her dragonairs, and her kingdra, and Coconut, my ratcate if you could believe it killed her other dragonair XD I also went through the dragon's den. I also caught a dratini and named him Potato.

Lorde

I headed back to Kanto after taking care of minor errands around Johto, and I flew over to Saffron City to battle against some of the Gym Leader who had scheduled rematches with me. I visited the Fighting Dojo and I battled against the Gym Leaders there, then I headed out to Copycat's house to return the lost doll that I found in Vermilion City. I obtained the Pass that would allow me to use the Magnet Train, then I flew to Fuchsia City. I visited the Pal Park and I captured some Pokemon that I had transferred over from Ruby version. I went to Cycling Road to battle some trainers again, then I went north to Celadon City to do a bit of shopping and to take care of other things. I went over to Pewter City to visit the museum afterwards, and I revived my Helix Fossil into an Omanyte while I was there. I visited the Pokemon Center and I swapped Pokemon in the PC before flying to Pallet Town.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat all of the Kimono Girls but lost Coconut in the process. I kind of didn't want her around anymore anyways though. RIP Coconut. Now I'm going to use Lemon, my phampy who has a naughty nature which is pretty good.
Current team:

Artichoke the typhlosian and Pomelo the butterfree lv 38 each
Pleuot the poliwrath and Egg Plant the crobat lv 38 each
SeaLuttuce the lanturn and Lemon the phampy lv 40 and lv 20

Lorde

I arrived in Pallet Town and I visited Professor Oak's lab. I talked to him and he told me he wanted to give me a Kanto Starter Pokemon. I decided to choose Bulbasaur, then I headed north to Viridian City in order to deposit it in the PC. I visited the local Trainer House and I battled against Cal there. I defeated his Meganium with Ninetales, and his Feraligatr and Typhlosion with Raichu and Golem, respectively. I flew over to Saffron City again and I visited Silph Co. I talked to Steven Stone inside and I got a Hoenn Starter from him (Torchic). I deposited it in the PC and then I went east to Lavender Town. I bought some items at the Pokemon Center, and went over to the Power Plant in order to capture the wild Zapdos there. Once I arrived, I challenged it and I weakened it and put it to Sleep. I captured it after tossing about 15 Ultra Balls, and then I saved the game in Vermilion City.

wilso

after a lot of trading and stuff i started a new game to waste time for the next gen im about to go into slowpokes well
Team
Chomper-cranidos Moves: headbutt/focus engergy/thuderpunch/firepunch Info: i wanted to have him as my starter and he took most of the trading time >.> also about his nickname 3 words land before time
Cookie-krabby Moves bubble/leer/vicegrip/harden Info: all i can say is that corphish sucked without the p/s split his nickname is from the anime
Shapes-togepi Moves growl/charm/extrasensory/metronome Info: i have never used the togepi in a playthrough (i didnt hatch the egg in my gold way back then) nickname is from its body

Drummerdude

As I said previously I have started a new game after transferring my team to White 2. I went ahead and chose a Calm Cyndaquil as my starter for this playthrough and named it Dyre (rhymes with Fire...I don't know). Professor Elm entrusted me with a super secret mission to go meet Mr Pokemon and retrieve some secret item. Dyre and I quickly made our way to the oddly placed house and received a Mysterious Egg. As Dyre and I made our way back to Professor Elm we were ambushed by a mysterious person.

Freaking SirPera.

He apparently got a Totodile from Elm but it was no match for Dyre's Tackle. SirPera ran away in shame I assume and I returned to Elm's lab and gave him the egg. Elm mentioned something about taking on the Pokemon Gym challenge and I figured, "Ehh, why not?" So I was off. I caught me 2 Pidgey's and traded them over to Diamond version for two eggs. What's in the eggs you ask? My second and third team members of course. An Adamant Cacnea (Crane, because Jonathon Crane is the name of Scarecrow in the Batman comics) and a Calm Munchlax ('Murica, for obvious reasons) hatched from the eggs. I trained them both to Lv5 and then proceeded north towards Violet City. The Bug Catcher's and Youngsters stood no chance against Crane and 'Murica. It wasn't long before my team of three and I reached Violet City, where we took ourselves a well deserved break.

Lorde

I went to Diglett's Cave after visiting the Vermilion City Pokemon Center. I wandered through there and I accessed some of the areas with Rock Climb, then I headed back to Vermilion City and I visited the harbor. I went on board the S.S. Aqua, and I battled the trainers on board. I also visited the Captain's room and I obtained a Plate from him. I headed over to my cabin and I healed my Pokemon there, then the ship arrived in Olivine City. I wandered over to the Battle Frontier and I continued battling at the Battle Tower and then the Battle Hall. I decided to stay at the latter facility and challenge it continuously until I encountered Hall Matron Argenta there. She used a Gliscor and I used my Lapras. I was able to win that battle easily with Blizzard attack, and I obtained the silver commemorative print after winning as well as some Battle Points. I saved the game at the Battle Hall's lobby.

Drummerdude

I tried to enter the gym but I was told that I had to go train at the Sprout Tower. I saw this as a good opportunity to really let 'Murica and Dyre shine. I made my way up the tower and defeated the sages. When I reached the top I saw that SirPera had already defeated the Head Sage and Sirpera was being scolded (rightfully so) for mistreating his Pokemon. Once SirPera left I had my chance to challenge this old man's already weakened Pokemon and won pretty easily. With that done I went to the gym. 'Murica took out the two gym trainers quickly and then I was able to challenge Falkner. 'Murica took out his Pidgey with two Tackles. Then he sent out Pidgeotto. This stupid bird got annoying if only because it would not stop spamming Roost. 'Murica didn't last lond thanks to two critical hits in a row. I went to Dyre and was forced to continuously use Ember and Potions until the stupid bird was knocked out of the sky. Not only was beating Falkner a success but Dyre evolved immediately after the battle. Schweet!

After exiting the gym I had to go pick up that egg that I already picked up before. Then I was able to head south onto Route 32. Crane finally got some love against most of the trainers here. After defeating everyone on the route I stopped inside the Union Cave.

Lorde

I headed out of the Battle Frontier to do some battling against the Gym Leaders who were waiting for me at the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City. After beating Misty, Falkner and Bugsy, I headed out to the Pokemon Center in order to swap Pokemon, then I took the Magnet Train back to the Johto region. I played the Voltorb Flip game at the Game Corner, and then I went over to Violet City. I made my way east to Route 30 and I visited Mr. Pokemon's house there. He talked to me and he gave me the Blue Orb so that I could awaken Kyogre at the Embedded Tower. I headed over to the Safari Zone area of Johto and I went south until I arrived at the place. I entered and I challenged the Kyogre that was waiting for me inside. I was able to weaken it with False Swipe and then put it to sleep with Yawn, but it still took a while and a lot of Ultra Balls to capture it. I saved the game once I was successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.