• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I continued traveling around the Ilex Forest and I met a Kimono Girl as I moved toward the exit. I talked to her and then she left after assessing my Pokemon. I went around and I found the guy who taught Headbutt to Pokemon and I had him teach the move to my Furret. I moved around the forest and I used Headbutt to check out the trees, then I finally arrived at the exit. I passed through the gatehouse and I arrived in Route 34. I battled some trainers in the tall grass and I also captured a wild Drowzee. As I moved toward the Day Care Center, I met Lyra and she gave me a tour of the facility. I left my Drowzee there to train while I headed out again. I battled the last trainers on the route before arriving in Goldenrod City. Once there, I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and then I visited the Department Store in order to do some shopping. I saved the game in the basement.

ShoesThief

Thief of Shoes
After slipping on Ice, pushing boulders, and almost getting kissed by Jynx my team and I reached Blackthorn City. We walked into the city's gym to find narrow bridges with Lava on the floor. Decided that my team needed to focus more on personal growths so I am roaming the canyon south of Blackthorn and returning to the Icy Cave to challenge the wild pokemon there. I decided that my team would be at a disadvantage against Claire. So I decided to add the Gyrados I tamed at the Lake of Rage to my team for the time being. Once my pokemon all are near their 40's I will enter Claire's Gym and challenge her to the Battle of the century. Showing her that other pokemon besides Dragon and Ice can take her team down. My Butterfree Lowfat will demonstrate this theory.

Lorde

I picked up some items that were lying around the basement at the Goldenrod City Department Store, and then I went back outside. I visited the Game Corner but I couldn't play the games without the Coin Case first. I visited the other buildings around town and I was able to get a free Bicycle at the local Bike Shop. I rode it around town and then I went to the Goldenrod Tunnel part of Goldenrod City. I battled some trainers there and I picked up the Coin Case on the southern end of the tunnel. I headed back to the surface afterwards and I went to heal my Pokemon and to do some training on Route 34. I managed to level up my Pokemon a bit while training there, then I went back to Goldenrod City. I visited the Radio Tower and I was able to pass the test that gave me the radio app on the Pokegear. Whitney was there and she returned to the Goldenrod Gym after that. I then saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I traded the remaining Pokemon I needed for my HeartGold's Pokedex over from my Platinum. After the trading was done, I was still about seven Pokemon shy of completing the dex, so I had to work on evolving these Pokemon. I spent a few hours level grinding by rematching various trainers in the game. Eventually, I completed my dex when I evolved Finneon into Lumineon. I checked out my upgraded trainer card (have 3 stars now) and then went and got the diploma. I then saved my game.
Now, I have completed the National Dex on four of my games: HG, Platinum, White, and White 2!

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Restarted my HG and my brothers SS and RNGed my TID/SID for some gnarly spreads. Gonna do a playthrough of them eventually. I'm eager to play my fav region once again.

Flamer

Current team: ;157; ;073; ;245; ;143; ;034; ;093;

My theory about Suicune being at the Cape only after defeating Misty turned out to be right. Wasn't too hard a capture actually, despite not really having any Pokemon with low power or effective status affecting moves in my team. First time round KOed whilst trying to force its HP into the red with a Surf from Tentacruel. Got more lucky second time. Snorlax was very helpful, just stood there taking whatever Suicune threw at him and healing it off with Leftovers. Gave me ample time to spam it with Ultra Balls and after about 10 was able to catch it.

Decided to replace Pikachu with Suicune. Gives me a slight imbalance to the team, but Pikachu was really struggling to cut it, especially with the gym leaders. Will probably bring him back when I go back to region wandering, but for the time being I need a bit more power in the team.

After catching Suicune headed down the Saffron City to battle Sabrina. Followed a similar pattern to the battle against Misty. Haunter led but after failing to land a OHKO was promptly OHKOed himself. Snorlax then came in and dealt a good bit of damage, taking out her first two Pokemon before fainting. By then the battle was nearly over and all that was left was for Typlosion to come in and finish off the victory. Those two are making a pretty effective team

Gone off to Victory Road now to train up Suicune for a bit. Coming in at lv40 its at least 6 levels off the bottom end of the rest of the team and struggled to cut it offensively against some of the warm up trainers in Sabrina's Gym. Going to be off to Fusica after that, before the long awaited visit to Blaine. Looking forward to that one.

So I started HG again a couple of days ago so I'll give a very brief recap. I choose Totodile, the first pokemon I caught was pidgey defeated the first gym with Totodile then the second with sandshrew, pidgey and Totodile. Then caught a Pineco in Ilex forest. Now I'm outside goldenrod after I tried to beat Whitney and got smoked by her Miltank so now I'm training Peeto(Pineco) before trying again. Another note is that I haven't let Totodile evolve yet because I like it too much but I will soon. Pidgey has evolved and sandshrew has become my HM slave.

Lorde

I went to the Goldenrod City Gym after purchasing some items at the local Pokemon Center and after training a bit at Route 34. I arrived at the Gym and I had to navigate around the Clefairy-shaped maze while battling against female Gym trainers. I was able to defeat all of them without much difficulty, and then I went to the Pokemon Center again to heal my Pokemon before challenging Whitney. I headed back to the Gym to battle her, and she sent out her Clefairy. I used my Flaaffy and I was able to hit it with Thunder Wave, which paralyzed Clefairy. A couple of Thundershock attacks were enough to beat it, then I had to face off against that horrid Miltank. I used my Pidgeotto against it but Miltank's Rollout defeated it, so I used Oddish and then finally Quilava once Oddish had put Miltank to sleep with Sleep Powder. I defeated Miltank with several of Quilava's Flame Wheel attacks.

After finally catching my Latios, I have started my SoulSilver Nuzlocke.

The rules for this Nuzlocke:

- Must nickname all captred Pokemon
- If Pokemon faints, it must be placed in the Computer until Red has been defeated (no revives)
- First Pokemon encourtered per area may be caught, only one per area (set Pokemon such as Lugia, Togepi, Sudowoodo, Red Gyarados do NOT count to this)
- Special rule: The only type of Pokeballs I can purchase, are plain Poke Balls.
- Victory once Red has been defeated.

So now I just started, here is my starter:

;158; <--- Jaws, Level 5, Quirky Natured.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
First off let me clarify that I restarted the game a couple months ago but haven't played it since so this is what's going on or what happened last.

Turned game on and noticed I was outside of Mr. Pokemon house with a level 10 Totodile. I really should of gotten further but yep, I WAS AT THE BEGINNING! So went down that route to get to New Bark Town, healed my Totodile and out of the blue a red haired trainer thinkin he's all that stops me and wants to battle and say's only wimps get Pokemon the legit way. "Dude you DON'T STEAL POKEMON, WTF IS WRONG WIT YOU?!" So I kick his *** like always and he say's he's gonna be the best Pokemon master or somewhere along those lines, yea like I really believe that. He returns and say's he dropped his trainer card and I now have his identity. Yep, this guy's screwed like a serial killer that confessed to the murderers. So I go on my merry way back to New Bark town and the cops accuse me, oh yea a little 10 year olds really gonna steal a Pokemon. Uh huh, quit watching Criminal Minds, Law and Order, CSI, etc man, you don't know what your doing, that stuffs so unrealistic. So then Lyra then darts in and goes "On nu uh you didn't just say that (with the finger movement's) jk. So she convinced the cop it wasn't me and he's all of a sudden amazed that I battled him and asked for his name. I give him his name and I get some Pokeballs. Oh yea. I then leave and go get me some Pokemon, but NO Lyra had to stop me and show me how to catch a Pokemon -_- After all that was said and done I found a little innocent Pidgey lost in the wilderness and captured it. Don't know if imma use it or not but it'll help me in the Sprout Tower. That's about all I've done today. I'll be playing it again tomorrow.

Lorde

Whitney threw a huge temper tantrum after I beat her, but I eventually obtained the Plain Badge and the Attract TM. I headed out to the Goldenrod City Pokemon Center afterwards to heal my Pokemon, then I visited the Department Store to stock up on items. I played a few games at the local Game Corner after that, then I went back to Route 34 to pick up my Drowzee. I did some training in the tall grass around the Day Care Center, and then I went north to National Park. I obtained a Spearow at the gatehouse, then I began battling against the trainers on Route 35. I continued heading north until I arrived at the gatehouse, but I decided to train a bit in the tall grass before moving on. I spent at least 30 minutes training my Pokemon before I finally arrived at National Park. I obtained a Quick Claw there, then I battled the trainers in the tall grass. I saved after catching a wild Sunkern.

Last post of Nuzlocke run.

I made my way up to Mr. Pokemon's house, got the egg from him and the PokeDex from Professor Oak. Made my way down to Cherrygrove and met my Rival. His Chickorita stood no match for Jaws, who was already level 9. Jaws lost only 2 HP in the battle.

After getting taught how to catch Pokemon by Lyra, I caught a level three Sentrent, named it Scout.

;161; <--- Scout, level 3, Naughty Nature. Route 29 Capture.

And five minutes later, Scout dies to a level 3 Pidgey -_-

RIP ;161; Scout

It was a careless mistake, most of Pidgey's tackles didn't deal as much damage as he had left, but they were close enough I should've sent Jaws out. It ended up costing me a member of my team.

Then I caught:

;014; <--- Buzz, level 4. Bashful Nature. Route 30 Capture.

My first nuzlocke, not the best of starts.

EDIT with Second update.

Made it to Violet City.

Caught these Pokemon:

;074; <--- Roxie, level 3, Careful. Route 46 Capture
;069; <--- Phyll, level 3, Timid. Route 31 Capture
;041; <--- Zu, level 2, Careful. Dark Cave Capture
;023; <--- Erika, level 4, Timid. Route 32 Capture

Current team:

;158; <--- Jaws, Level 12, Quirky. New Bark Town Starter.
;014; <--- Buzz, Level 5, Bashful. Route 30 Capture.
;074; <--- Roxie, level 8, Careful. Route 46 Capture
;041; <--- Zu, level 5, Careful. Dark Cave Capture

Boxed:
None

Deceased:

;161; <--- Scout, level 4, Naughty Nature. Route 29 Capture.

Last edited:

Lorde

I wandered around National Park some more after battling the trainers just to do some more training against wild Pokemon, and then I headed out to the gatehouse again. I went west until I arrived outside of the Pokeathlon Dome area. I met Magnus and his Poliwrath there, and I went to the Pokeathlon Dome to participate. I played around there for a while before I headed back to National Park to participate in the Bug-Catching Contest. I participated with my Quilava and I managed to catch a strong Scyther. I came in third place , and I headed out to Route 36 after that. I battled more trainers there and I collected a Blue Apricorn before I moved on to the Sudowoodo that was blocking the path. I used the Squirtbottle on it and it attacked. I was able to weaken it with Quilava and Gloom, then I successfully captured it in a Great Ball. I saved the game on my way to Violet City.

EJ90

After taking an extended break from Pokemon Training (a number of months) and studying Pokemon Biology, I have reunited myself with my Pokemon.
My aim is to raise the level of my Pokemon to 45 before challenging the Elite Four. Alan finally called and I received my Fire Stone allowing me to evolve my Growlithe into Arcanine.

My current team after 43 hours of gameplay:

;160; Feraligatr
water.gif
- Level 43 - 137HP
Moves - Surf
water.gif
, Ice Fang
ice.gif
, Crunch
dark.gif
, Waterfall
water.gif

Ability: Torrent

;034; Nidoking
poison.gif
/
ground.gif
- Level 43 - 138HP
Moves - Earthquake
ground.gif
, Avalanche
ice.gif
, Dragon Pulse
dragon.gif
, Earth Power
ground.gif

Ability: Poison Point

;181; Ampharos
electric.gif
- Level 43 - 138HP
Moves - Thunder
electric.gif
, Cotton Spore
bug.gif
, Discharge
electric.gif
, Thunderpunch
electric.gif

Ability: Static

;250; Ho-Oh
fire.gif
/
flying.gif
- Level 46 - 156HP
Moves - Extrasensory
psychic.gif
, Sunny Day
fire.gif
, Fire Blast
fire.gif
, Sacred Fire
fire.gif

Ability: Pressure

;176; Togetic
normal.gif
/
flying.gif
- Level 43 - 107HP
Moves - Ancientpower
rock.gif
, Shadow Ball
ghost.gif
, Extrasensory
psychic.gif
, Fly
flying.gif

Ability: Hustle

;059; Arcanine
fire.gif
- Level 43 - 144HP
Moves - Fire Fang
fire.gif
, Flamethrower
fire.gif
, Flame Wheel
fire.gif
, Reversal
fighting.gif

Ability: Flash Fire

I'm thinking of teaching SolarBeam to either Ho-Oh or Arcanine.

Last post of my Nuzlocke Run.

Luckily, my first encounter in Sprout Tower was a level 3 female Gaslty.

;092; <--- Shade, level 3, Timid. Sprout Tower Capture.

I trained Shade and Zu up to level 9 inside Sprout Tower before fighting Falkner, but neither of them ever even game out.

Roxie swept Falkner's Pidgey and Pidgeotto with ease. Three total Rock Throws used and Roxie only lost 7 HP in the battle.

Received the Togepi egg from Professor Elm's assistant.

Saved the game and ended for the night there.

Edit... Caught a Level 6 Female Geodude in Union Cave... not very pleased.

Edit #2 ...... Caught a level 6 Male Hoppip, named it Hops.

Current team:

;158; <--- Jaws, Level 16, Quirky. New Bark Town Starter.
;014; <--- Buzz, Level 9, Bashful. Route 30 Capture.
;074; <--- Roxie, level 13, Careful. Route 46 Capture
;041; <--- Zu, level 11, Careful. Dark Cave Capture
;092; <--- Shade, level 12, Timid. Sprout Tower Capture.
;175; <--- Currently an Egg.

Boxed:
;074; <--- Geodudette, level 6, unknown. Union Cave Capture
;187; <--- Hops, Level 6, unknown. Route 33 Capture.

Deceased:

;161; <--- Scout, level 4, Naughty Nature. Route 29 Capture.

Last edited:

Lorde

I arrived in Violet City in order to heal my Pokemon after I battled against Sudowoodo. I then bought some items at the local Poke Mart. I went over to the Ruins of Alph afterwards and I completed another puzzle. I then headed back out to Route 36 and I went north. I battled the trainers along the path and I collected a Blue, Red and Black Apricorn. I arrived in Ecruteak City after I captured a wild Stantler in the tall grass on Route 36, and I visited the Pokemon Center. I met Bill there and he talked to me before returning to his home in Goldenrod City. I healed my Pokemon and I also swapped Pokemon on the PC. I left the Pokemon Center and I went to the Dance Theater. I saw a Team Rocket grunt in there who was bothering a Kimono Girl, and I defeated him and his Koffing easily. I wandered around town afterwards to collect information, and I saved outside the Burned Tower.

EJ90

After taking an extended break from Pokemon Training (a number of months) and studying Pokemon Biology, I have reunited myself with my Pokemon.
My aim is to raise the level of my Pokemon to 45 before challenging the Elite Four. Alan finally called and I received my Fire Stone allowing me to evolve my Growlithe into Arcanine.

My current team after 43 hours of gameplay:

;160; Feraligatr
water.gif
- Level 43 - 137HP
Moves - Surf
water.gif
, Ice Fang
ice.gif
, Crunch
dark.gif
, Waterfall
water.gif

Ability: Torrent

;034; Nidoking
poison.gif
/
ground.gif
- Level 43 - 138HP
Moves - Earthquake
ground.gif
, Avalanche
ice.gif
, Dragon Pulse
dragon.gif
, Earth Power
ground.gif

Ability: Poison Point

;181; Ampharos
electric.gif
- Level 43 - 138HP
Moves - Thunder
electric.gif
, Cotton Spore
bug.gif
, Discharge
electric.gif
, Thunderpunch
electric.gif

Ability: Static

;250; Ho-Oh
fire.gif
/
flying.gif
- Level 46 - 156HP
Moves - Extrasensory
psychic.gif
, Sunny Day
fire.gif
, Fire Blast
fire.gif
, Sacred Fire
fire.gif

Ability: Pressure

;176; Togetic
normal.gif
/
flying.gif
- Level 43 - 107HP
Moves - Ancientpower
rock.gif
, Shadow Ball
ghost.gif
, Extrasensory
psychic.gif
, Fly
flying.gif

Ability: Hustle

;059; Arcanine
fire.gif
- Level 43 - 144HP
Moves - Fire Fang
fire.gif
, Flamethrower
fire.gif
, Flame Wheel
fire.gif
, Reversal
fighting.gif

Ability: Flash Fire

I'm thinking of teaching SolarBeam to either Ho-Oh or Arcanine.
Correction to the above: my Ampharos knows Signal Beam, not Cotton Spore. :)

Feraligatr, Nidoking, Ampharos, Togetic and Arcanine are all Level 45 now. Ho-Oh is still Level 46. I'm going to face the Elite Four / Lancey-Pants. I'm really quite nervous about it, I hate losing. I feel I can deal with the Elite Four (except for Karen's Houndoom). It's Lance that I'm not so sure about, more specifically his three Dragonites! One Dragonite would be ok, two would not be ideal, but three is horrible.

EJ90

After 46 hours and 45 minutes of gameplay, I won against the Elite Four and Lance! It was my first attempt against the Elite Four and Lance. I'm in disbelief, can't believe I'm Johto Champion. The Elite Four were fairly straightforward but Lance was a difficult battle. I didn't deserve to win it, but I stuck with it despite being sure I was going to lose.

Summary of Elite Four / Lance performance:

Will - Participants: Nidoking, Feraligatr, Arcanine and Ampharos. (Not Used: Togetic and Ho-Oh)
Knocked Out (KO): Nidoking (OHKO by Xatu's Psychic - Critical hit...)

Koga - Participants: Togetic, Arcanine, Ampharos and Nidoking. (Not Used: Feraligatr and Ho-Oh)
KO: None
Koga did not inflict a single HP of damage on any of my Pokemon. Amazing! The only moves that were used against me were Ariados' Spider Web and Crobat's Double Team twice.

Bruno - Participants: Togetic, Nidoking, Feraligatr, Ampharos and Ho-Oh. (Not Used: Arcanine)
KO: Togetic (OHKO by Hitmontop's Counter - countered my Fly attack)
KO: Ho-Oh (by Machamp - from full health down to 12HP after one Rock Slide, then KO'd by Revenge)

Karen - Participants: Ho-Oh, Ampharos, Nidoking, Arcanine, Togetic. (Not Used: Feraligatr)
KO: None
By the way, Nidoking OHKO'd Houndoom with Earthquake. X-D

Lance - Participants: Ampharos, Togetic, Ho-Oh, Nidoking, Arcanine and Feraligatr.
KO: Everybody at least once. Ampharos and Feraligatr were both Max Revived once each, and 'normally' Revived once each.
Feraligatr was the remaining pokemon at the end of the battle, who knocked out Charizard with Surf.

My Team after defeating Lance: Togetic Lv45, Arcanine Lv45, Ho-Oh Lv46, Nidoking Lv46, Ampharos Lv46, and Feraligatr Lv47.

STAR PERFORMER: Ampharos
HONOURABLE MENTIONS: Feraligatr and Nidoking
DISHONOURABLE MENTION: Ho-Oh

~~~~~

I was teleported back to New Bark Town where Elmsy-Poo gave me a ticket for the S.S. Aqua. Off to Olivine we went and we saw Professor Oak as we came into the Cruise Terminal. He gave me a National Dex.
Now we start our Kanto Adventure!! Next update will come after earning the Thunder Badge in Vermilion City.

Last edited:
Last post of this nuzlocke run.

The Togepi egg hatched... it was a Male Relaxed Togepi, I named it Peace. I also caught another Pokemon and KOed my Slowpoke Well encounter (a Zubat).

;175; <--- Peace, level 1, Relaxed. Gift Pokemon
;043; <--- Florio, level 6, Jolly. Ilex Forest Capture.

After defeating Rocket Executive Proton with ease thanks to Jaws, who evolved at the end of the battle, I battled my Rival before battling Bugsy.

My Rival's Gastly used Curse straight away on Roxie, who used Rock Throw and KOed Gaslty. He then switched to Bayleef and I switched to Zu, who struggled battling Bayleef. I switched to Shade after Zu got low HP, and one Critical Hit from Razor Leaf put Shade really low HP. I switched to Buzz, recovered Shade, and then Buzz eventually died, but dealt enough damage to give Shade time to use Hypnosis. I then used Curse, Bayleef woke up and used Reflect. I recovered Shade and eventually Bayleef died, but not before giving Shade 1 HP left on a non Critical Hit Razor Leaf.

RIP ;015; Buzz, Level 4 ---> level 10.

I battled Bugsy using Roxie. Bugsy started with Scyther and Roxie used Rock Polish, but not before Scyther used U-Turn, switching to Metapod. I maxed my Speed and Defense vs the Metapod and than knocked Metapod out. He switched back to Sycther, who somehow survived a Rock Throw from my level 16 Roxie, and Scyther ate his Oran Berry and fled using U-Turn. I recovered Roxie while Kakuna used Poison Sting. I used Rock Throw, Kakuna barely survived, and then Roxie gets Poisoned from Poison Sting. Roxie ends up beating Kakuna and Scyther and I defeated Bugsy without any losses.

Current team:

;159; <--- Jaws, Level 18, Quirky. New Bark Town Starter.
;074; <--- Roxie, level 17, Careful. Route 46 Capture
;041; <--- Zu, level 13, Careful. Dark Cave Capture
;092; <--- Shade, level 14, Timid. Sprout Tower Capture.
;187; <--- Hops, Level 7, Lonely. Route 33 Capture.
;175; <--- Peace, level 9, Relaxed. Gift Pokemon

Boxed:
;074; <--- Geodudette, level 6, Quirky. Union Cave Capture
;043; <--- Florio, level 6, Jolly. Ilex Forest Capture.

Deceased:

;161; <--- Scout, level (3) 4, Naughty Nature. Route 29 Capture.
;015; <--- Buzz, Level (4) 10, Bashful. Route 30 Capture.

Last edited:

Drummerdude

I went through the gym trainers of the Blackthorn Gym pretty quickly before challenging Claire. She started with Gyarados and I had Hugh out. Hugh started off with Toxic Spikes to make everything easier later in the battle and then used Sludge Bomb until it fainted. I sent in 'Murica and knocked out the weakened Gyarados with Body Slam. I swapped to ProfessorX when he sent out his first Dragonair and it only took 2 Shadow Balls along with the poison to bring down Dragonair. Her second Dragonair fell in a similar fashion. Kingdra proved more difficult because it took a combined effort from Crane, Dyre, and 'Murica because Hydro Pump wouldn't miss. It did faint in the end and I finally earned my 8th badge...or I would have if she wasn't a stubborn mule! I had to go pass some stupid test and once I did I got my 8th badge! I flew to Pallet Town and got the Master Ball before going to Ecruteak and beating down the 5 Kimono Girls. Suddenly a little girl ran in and mentioned something about a weird Flying Pokemon. Wonder what that could be???

Status
Not open for further replies.