• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
I FINALLY have Gible in the Safari Zone again.

I reset my SS on August 201 (when I was flying to Korea, save file was from launch date) then reset again in January 2012.

That save file from January got neglected for a while, and I kept switching the game between 3DS and DSL so the SZ days kept getting stalled. FINALLY!

Next I plan to abuse the clock and get all the available swarm pokemon (since I don't need the clock anymore ~_^)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I left the Goldenrod City Radio Tower and I headed back down to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon after the battles against Team Rocket. I finished healing my Pokemon then I swapped Pokemon on the PC as well. I wandered over to the local Department Store and I bought some items there before leaving down for good this time. I decided to fly to Azalea Town and I headed for Union Cave since I wanted to capture the Lapras that appeared there on Fridays. I entered the cave and I Surfed until I found a way that led down below to the other floor of the cave. I battled some trainers down there, and I encountered the Lapras swimming in a lake. I captured it after putting it to sleep with Hypnosis, and I left the cave with an Escape Rope. I flew to Mahogany Town and I went east to Route 44. I battled some trainers there and I collected a Red Apricorn. I saved near a pond before Surfing.

Last post of this nuzlocke run.

I arrived in Kanto after receiving the Ticket from Pro. Elm. I have defeated Lt. Surge, Erika, and Sabrina without any losses. I have also caught some Pokemon.

;072; <--- Trey, level 30, Modest. Vermilion City Capture.
;052; <--- Missy, level 13, Impish. Route 6 Capture.
;198; <--- Murky, level 17, Brave. Route 7 Capture.
;088; <--- Gary, level 15, Jolly. Celadon City Capture.

11 Badges, 19 Boxed, 18 Deceased.

Current team:

;149; <--- Victoria, level 62, Naughty. Dragon's Den Gift.
;160; <--- Jaws, Level 56, Quirky. New Bark Town Starter.
;241; <--- Whitney, level 44, Serious. Route 38 Capture.
;101; <--- Kaboom, level 44, Naive. Team Rocket HQ Capture.
;038; <--- Ruby, level 50, Bold. Route 48 Capture
;429; <--- Zoey, level 54, Serious. Cliff Cave Capture.

Boxed:
;023; <--- Erika, level 4, Timid. Route 32 Capture
;074; <--- Geodudette, level 6, Quirky. Union Cave Capture
;043; <--- Florio, level 6, Jolly. Ilex Forest Capture.
;013; <--- Buzzy, level 7, Calm. National Park Capture.
;118; <--- Misty, level 18, Docile. route 42 Capture.
;163; <--- Hilda, level 13, Jolly. Route 36 Capture.
;129; <--- Karpy, level 16, Mild. Blackthorn City Capture
;129; <--- Rage, level 12, Careful. Dragon's Den Capture.
;074; <--- Geogal, level 23, Serious. Route 45 Capture.
;072; <--- Kura, level 21, Lonely. New Bark Town Capture.
;072; <--- CoolFish, level 20, Quirky. Route 27 Capture.
;041; <--- Batty, level 22, Jolly. Tohjo Falls Capture.
;084; <--- Siamese, level 30, Careful. Route 26 Capture.
;111; <--- Rhiana, level 35, Bashful, Victor Road Capture.
;072; <--- Trey, level 30, Modest. Vermilion City Capture.
;052; <--- Missy, level 13, Impish. Route 6 Capture.
;198; <--- Murky, level 17, Brave. Route 7 Capture.
;088; <--- Gary, level 15, Jolly. Celadon City Capture.

Deceased:

;161; <--- Scout, level (3) 4, Naughty Nature. Route 29 Capture. Death
;015; <--- Buzz, Level (4) 10, Bashful. Route 30 Capture. Death
;187; <--- Hops, Level 7, Lonely. Route 33 Capture. Death
;074; <--- Roxie, level (3) 21, Careful. Route 46 Capture. Death
;133; <--- Midnight, level (5) 13, Adamant. Goldenrod City Gift. Death
;092; <--- Shade, level (4) 19, Timid. Sprout Tower Capture. Death
;041; <--- Zu, level (2) 19, Careful. Dark Cave Capture. Death
;234; <--- Stanley, level 15, Relaxed. Route 37 Capture. Death
;052; <--- Nya, level 16, Timid. Route 39 Capture. Death
;072; <--- Stinger, level 20, Bashful. Route 40 Capture. Death
;109; <--- Koffy, level 14, Gentle. Burnt Tower Capture. Death
;066; <--- Michelle, level 14, Hardy. Mt. Mortar Capture. Death
;072; <--- Kurage, level 22, Gentle. Route 41 Capture. Death
;163; <--- Hedwig, level (11) 12, Rash. Route 35 Capture. Death
;069; <--- Phyll, level 3, Timid. Route 31 Capture. Death
;175; <--- Peace, level (1) 17, Relaxed. Gift Pokemon. Death
;180; <--- Sparky, level 15, Lonely. Route 43 Capture. Death
;130; <--- Terror, level (30) 38, Bashful. Lake of Rage Event Capture. Death

Last edited:

Lorde

I Surfed on the lake on Route 44 and I battled some new Pokemon in the tall grass. After capturing a Lickitung I headed back to the shore and I battled some more trainers before I arrived at the entrance to Ice Path. I wandered inside and I battled and captured a wild Swinub almost immediately after entering. I then walked on the icy floors and I slid around a bit before I had to solve a puzzle that involved moving around more icy floors. I eventually found the correct path to follow and I picked up some items. I battled some Golbat as I wandered around some more and I eventually found a Jynx that I captured; I decided to train it for the upcoming Gym battle in Blackthorn City. I headed deeper into the Ice Path until I had to push some boulders through holes in the ground in order to navigate around the ice. I found a Kimono Girl stuck on the ice near the exit, and I saved the game there.

golduck#1

Done quite a lot since my last post in here so I will just do dot points
-Arrived in Olivine city and went to the gym to see no one there
- Went to the light house and defeated all the trainers before being sent to Cianwood island to retroeve medicine for the sick Amphoros
- Arrived in Cianwood and defeated the gym leader with Noctowl
- Got the medicine and went back to Olivine city
- Gave medicine to Amphoros and obatined my 6th badge pretty much straight after using Heracross
- Went to lake of rage to catch me a red Gyarados, which I did succesfully
- Helped Lance take out team rocket in mahogany town
- Heracross helped me to my 7th gym badge
- Defeated team rocket at the radio tower in Goldenrod city
- Made my way through ice path and got to Blackthorn city
- Defeated Claire with ease using Amphoros to paralyze Kingdra and then Meganium to finish it off
- Caught my final member of the team in Horsea
- On the way to professor elm I ran into both Entei and Raikou and for some stupid reason I decided to poison Entie :(
- Got the master ball and defeated the Kimo girls
- Saved in front of lugia

Team
Meganium level 36
Noctowl level 36
Amphaoros level 36
Heracross level 37
Milktank level 32
Horsea level 20

Lorde

I helped push that stuck Kimono Girl out of the ice and I was able to exit Ice Path afterwards. I arrived in Blackthorn City and I headed over to the Pokemon Center as soon as I arrived. I swapped Pokemon there and healed others and then I went to the local Poke Mart in order to stock up on items there. I finished shopping and I explored the rest of the town before I headed south to Route 45 in order to do some training. I battled some trainers along the mountain road and I went back to Blackthorn City periodically in order to heal my Pokemon among other things. I eventually entered Dark Cave since I wanted to capture some Pokemon and train my Jynx as well. I caught a Graveler and a Wobbuffet and I collected some items before going to the Blackthorn City Gym. Once inside I battled a couple of Gym trainers and I took the moving platforms around the Gym and saved there.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
My last post was really long ago lol

I stopped training my Pokemon once I realized it's dumb to train Gastly's and Sentret's vs annoying little Rattatas. So I went to Falkner with: a level 13 grass type (Chikorita! :D); a level 10 Gastly with no effective moves; a level 12 Sentret who would have to save me... Sentret was epic against the trainers AND Falkner's Pidgey. And then came Pidgeotto... Managed to knock my Gastly out, and my Sentret too. So there I had a grass type vs Pidgeotto. AND he kept spamming Roost. But then I thought, wait, if you can spam Roost, I can spam Synthesis. And then a gym badge was won. :) I healed, received the egg and talked to a Kimono girl and then went down that next route, where I actually trained all my Pokemon to level 14, and managed to evolve Sentret into a Furret right before the Union Cave. Stopped and saved.

152.gif
162.gif
092.gif

Lorde

I battled against more Gym trainers inside the Blackthorn City Gym, then I headed back outside to visit the Pokemon Center. I healed my Pokemon and I bought some items at the local Poke Mart before returning to the Blackthorn City Gym. Once I had found Clair's spot at the back of the Gym, I challenged her to a battle. I used my Ampharos against her Gyarados since it had the type advantage and I defeated Gyarados with Shock Wave. I then switched to Jynx when Clair used her first Dragonair. I attacked it with Avalanche and that did tons of damage, but Dragonair survived. It took another Avalanche to defeat it, then I battled her Kingdra. That battle was tough even with Ampharos, and I eventually had to switch to Hypno and I barely won the battle after putting Kingdra to sleep with Hypnosis. I used Jynx and Typhlosion against the last Dragonair and I defeated Clair. I then saved.

Having returned to SoulSilver, I began to form a Never Used team- at least, by 5th Gen standards- and I have already caught a Modest Seel. After this, I flew to Mount Silver with my FR Charizard, Zero, and started to throw Quick Balls at Gravellers in an attempt at an Adamant Golem. I plan to start EV Training Sleek (Seel) on Nidorina to improve his HP after I catch Terra (Graveller) and possibly transfer Hadimp (Drifloon) from Platinum.

On the other hand, not much has happened. I set aside my Zangoose shiny hunt in order to raise a Pickup Pachirisu as I trained my team so I could get Rare Candies easier. I have a few Zangoose eggs that must still be hatched, but they can and will be done when I get tired of EV training.

Current party:

;006; Zero, level 60
;086; Sleek, level 32
;075; x4

seancon93

Currently thwarting Neo Team Rockets attempt to contact Giovanni. Truley one of my favorites as far as villians go. More so then Gen I Rockets and their gambling scams and ghost hunting.

Current Team: ;208; ;148; ;160; ;154; ;157;

Levels range from 38-43. Not sure who to add for a sixth teammate.

golduck#1

After throwing 176 ultra balls (I had to restart nine 8 tines because I ran out) I finally caight Lugia. I never knew it was so hard to catch the damn guardian of the sea. Oh well before I take on the elte 4 I am going to get myself a Kingdra and probably train to level 42-45.

Lorde

Since Clair wouldn't give me the Rising Badge even after I defeated her, I had to go into the Dragon's Den to get tested by some elders there. I headed out of the Blackthorn City Gym and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center before heading out to the Dragon's Den. I Surfed behind the Gym and I passed through until I arrived inside a cave. I battled a trainer near the shore of the lake and then I Surfed toward the shrine in the middle of said lake. I battled some more trainers and then I eventually had to use Whirlpool to pass over a maelstrom. I arrived at the shrine and I spoke with the head elder there. He asked me some questions and I passed his test. Clair arrived and she heard that I was worthy of getting the Rising Badge so she gave it to me. I headed back out and I got the Dragon Fang and then the Dragon Pulse TM from Clair near the cave's exit. I then saved the game.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Hey guys! Starting another new game *woop woop* because I find HG unmotivating as a game, so I need something to motivate me, and a new epic planned team did it! Started with Cyndaquil and went through the beginning part of the game. Beat my rival (this time I named him Silver, because Drummer is tired of being a bad trainer haha just kidding) which was actually kinda tough because of a freaking crit. Then I tried to decide if I should trade a Pokemon over without breeding it (because I dont feel like wasting time looking for a Ditto on Platinum), so I might just wait until it's available in the game maybe. Won't say which Pokemon it is though haha. Anyways, I continued and the first thing I did was capture a Bellsprout called Yumi, which afterwards I realized how terrible of a nickname it was. If anyone wants to give any suggestions for a nickname, go ahead. I started training Yumi in the Dark Cave, and stopped and saved.

Heart Gold Team:
155.gif
069.gif

Capt. Brave -- Yumi

Last edited:

Lorde

Since I now had all the Johto badges, I was ready to head to the Pokemon League. I healed my Pokemon in Blackthorn City and I bought some items before heading south to the mountain road along Route 45. I battled some trainers as I headed south and I also picked some Apricorns. I headed to Route 29 after passing the mountains and I stopped in New Bark Town. I spoke to Professor Elm and my mother, but when I tried to head to Kanto, I was stopped by Ethan. I had to go to Ecruteak City next in order to battle against the Kimono Girls at the Dance Theater. I battled against their Eevee evolutions, and then I headed to the Bell Tower in order to battle against Ho-Oh. I climbed the tower and I battled Pokemon along the way. I got lost a few times while I tried to pick up items, but I eventually arrived at the top. The Kimono Girls performed their dance and Ho-Oh was summoned. I saved.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
I decided to stop the training once Bellsprout hit level 10, and headed to Violet City. Went straight to the Tower where I caught my third team member, a Gastly! Called it Ghost for obvious reasons. I decided to lead with Gastly against all the trainers and it was a great decision, because at the end of the tower, all my Pokemon were level 12! After doing everything in the tower, I went out and got Cyndaquil to level 13 by beating Bellsprouts, Bellsprout to level 13 by beating Geodudes and Gastly to level 13 by beating Gastlys! Then it was time for Falkner. Cyndaquil beat Pidgey, and somehow I managed to win against Pidgeotto with Gastly! Then, I got a call from Prof. Elm saying he wanted me to carry an egg. Make that two eggs, because I sent myself one egg from Platinum! I then got Rock Smash, and went down that other route. Beat every trainer there and Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava! Eventually both eggs hatched! One hatched into a Togepi, and the other.... into a... Tyrogue! Called him Woody because there's this youtuber (Woodysgamertag) who I really like to watch and he has some fighting experience in real life, so... :p Then I started trainign Tyrogue.

Heart Gold Team:
156.gif
069.gif
092.gif
236.gif

Capt. Brave -- Yumi -- Ghost -- Woody

Lorde

I battled against Ho-Oh at the top of the Bell Tower and I was able to weaken it and eventually capture it in an Ultra Ball. I headed down afterwards and I healed my Pokemon at the Ecruteak City Pokemon Center. I then bought some items and I headed south to National Park in order to compete in the Bug Catching Contest. I entered with my Ampharos and I captured a Butterfree. I won second place and then I headed south to Goldenrod City. I visited the Day Care Center on Route 34, then I went back to Blackthorn City and I visited the Dragon's Den in order to pick up the Dratini from the elder there. I headed out after that and I flew to New Bark Town. I Surfed east until I arrived in the Kanto region, and I entered Tohjo Falls. I Surfed and then I used Waterfall to climb the waterfall inside. I exited the cave through the other side and I battled against some trainers before saving the game.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
I managed to train Tyrogue up to level 10 or so until I realized its nature was raising its defense which sucks since I want a Hitmonlee. So I decided to kinda EV train it against Bellsprout's which worked because at level 18 it had 22 attack stats and 20 defense stats, now we gotta keep it up! I got all my Pokemon up to level 16-18 and then went in the Union Cave to Azalea Town. We saw Kurt get harrassed and then we talked to him. We were gonna save the Slowpoke! I went in the Slowpoke Well and couldn't resist catching a Slowpoke, which is my 5th team member. He's so cute :3 I beat Team Rocket and then I trained him in the Cave until it learned Water Gun and Confusion, and then finally took on the gym. Quilava took down Scyther, Gastly took down Kakuna and Slowpoke took down Metapod. Took a break after that.

Heart Gold Team:
156.gif
069.gif
092.gif
236.gif
079.gif

Capt. Brave -- Yumi -- Ghost -- Woody -- King

Last edited:

Lorde

I continued heading east after I walked into Kanto and cleared Tohjo Falls. I arrived at the bridge area of the route and I battled some trainers all around the area including the one who was hiding past the whirlpool. I continued to battle against wild Pokemon as I went north and then I found a rest stop there. I healed my Pokemon and I picked the Blue Apricorn that was outside, then I registered a trainer that I battled as I got close to the Pokemon League registration gate and Victory Road. I showed the guard there my Johto badges and I was allowed to proceed into Victory Road. I battled some Onix and other Pokemon in the cave and I pushed some boulders that were blocking the path. I collected items and I spent at least 30 minutes grinding in there. I headed into another part of the cave and then I arrived near Victory Road's exit. I saved the game there before encountering my rival.

Adam45

Wishful Trainer
In my Pokemon SoulSilver game, a shiny Ledyba appeared in sight. When I noticed the golden color and the shiny sparkles, I was so excited that a shiny would appear on the day of Easter. Believe it or not, I caught the shiny Ledyba and nicknamed it Sparklebug. This is the best Easter ever.

Lorde

I encountered my rival before I could leave Victory Road and I had to battle against him. He sent out his Sneasel and I used my Typhlosion against it. I defeated Sneasel with Flamethrower, and then I used my Hypno against his Golbat. I defeated it easily with Psychic, then I switched to Typhlosion again when he sent out his Magneton. I defeated it with Flame Wheel, then I used my Bellossom against his Feraligatr. After defeating Feraligatr with Giga Drain, I used Hypno against Kadabra and then my Pidgeot against his Haunter. I defeated my rival and I exited Victory Road. I headed to the Pokemon League building and I healed my Pokemon inside. I then purchased some items and then I headed back into Victory Road in order to do some more training for the Elite Four challenge. Training was long and hard but I eventually finished it and my Pokemon were ready for the League.

Status
Not open for further replies.