• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
I finally decided to get back into HeartGold again and have now got 6 badges! Currently I' in Mt. Mortar trying to train, but I'm VERY underleveled.
Here's my team

156.png
LV.22 Moves: Strength/Flame Wheel/Quick Attack/Ember
130.png
LV.22 Moves: Surf/Tackle/Bite/Dragon Rage
175.png
LV.12 Moves: Growl/Charm/Extrasensory/Metronome (Getting Replaced)
180.png
LV.24 Moves Tackle/Growl/Thundershock/Thunder Wave
28.png
LV. 23 Moves: Crush Claw/Rollout/Headbutt/Cut
17.png
LV.22 Moves: Fly/Whirlwind/Gust/Quick Attack

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I switched games and I played my Japanese SoulSilver version. I had done some work on the National Pokedex, but I still needed to capture tons of Pokemon and evolve others in order to complete it. I went to Kanto and I used Headbutt on some trees in order to find the exclusive Pokemon that only appeared in those trees. I visited the Viridian Forest and I used Headbutt there, then I went to Route 2 and I found some Starly in one of the trees there. I went to Pewter City and I revived some fossils at the Pewter City Museum. I went over to Mt. Moon and I spent 10 minutes looking for a wild Clefairy, then I evolved it with a Moon Stone. I flew over to Fuchsia City and I headed south. I Surfed until I arrived at the Seafoam Islands and I captured some Pokemon there, then I found Articuno's lair. I captured it after I weakened it, and I then headed over to Mt. Silver to catch Pokemon there.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
On HG just won the strength pokeathlon. On my way to morty.
Team:
33 ursaring (Brought over as teddiursa, use as starter)
21 fearow
26 ariados
12 totodile
7 rattata
16 sanshrew

Lorde

I arrived at the Pokemon League and I stocked up on Full Restores and I healed my Pokemon before going to challenge the Elite Four. I arrived in Will's chamber first, and I battled against him. The battle went pretty smoothly. I used my Ampharos against both of his Xatu, then I used my Bellossom against his Slowbro and I won the battle with Energy Ball. I used my Pidgeot against his Exeggutor and I won with Aerial Ace. Finally all that was left was Jynx, which I defeated with Typhlosion's Flamethrower. I left to Koga's room after that and I used Hypno against Koga's Muk and Crobat and I won both matches with Psychic. I then swapped to Typhlosion and I defeated Koga's Forretress with Flamethrower. I used my Pidgeot against Ariados, and then finally I battled his Venomoth. Typhlosion took care of that easily with another Flamethrower attack and I saved the game afterwards.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
After taking down Bugsy, we were going to leave Azalea Town but Silver got in our way! He wanted a battle, but Slowpoke and Bellsprout took care of his Pokemon. Then, as we were clearing the Farfetch'd mission, our Tyrogue evolved into a Hitmonlee! I mean, it has a pretty bad moveset, but still. We continued and we say a Kimono girl lost in the forest, but my Pokemon saved her! Out of the forest, our Bellsprout evolved into an awesome Weepinbell! :D We beat every trainer there and in the Goldenrod underground and went to challenge Whitney. We beat every trainer and then Hitmonlee beat Clefairy and after a team effort, Quilava took Miltank down. Then, Whitney said something about the Pokeathlon and we checked it out. Weepinbell, Quilava and Hitmonlee participated in the Stamina contest and won! Easily, that is ;) We also participated in the National Contest with Gastly and got it to level 23 there. Then, I caught Sudowoodo, and realized, it would be fun to catch more Pokemon. I went back and caught all the Pokemon I missed except the ones like Dunsparce, Poliwag and the 5% ones or some of them. We stopped and saved.

Heart Gold Team:
156.gif
070.gif
092.gif
106.gif
079.gif

Capt. Brave -- Yumi -- Ghost -- Woody -- King

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
This has got to be the 4th time I restarted my HeartGold. But I'm already far into the story.

I was in the mood enough to clear the suspicious house in Mahogany town. We all know what happened-- Lance beating the crap out of the guy, sensing the secret stairs through a giant obstacle, blah blah blah. The persian statues were kind of annoying, and having to battle two grunts every time you stand in front of one is such a waste of time-- but not experience. Instead of having to pass through more darn statues, I stormed through the booby trapped area. A little while later, I finally reached Petrel's room and battled him. Was too easy enough. Then that Murkrow. Followed it to where it went off to, the generator room. There I had a tag battle alongside Lance against Ariana and a grunt. Again, too easy. LAnce game me the HM I needed, so I wasted no time to get to challenge the gym so I could go to whirl islands and catch a horsea. It's a Kingdra now. So now I'm on the way to Ice path but I decided taking a break.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I restarted SoulSilver yesterday. I wanted a Modest Cyndaquil with Extrasensory as my starter, so i got one from HeartGold. Right now, we are in Violet City. Quilava took out Falkner's Pidgey and Gastly defeated Pidgeotto (Hypnosis + Curse). As we speak, i am trying to hatch Togepi's egg with a Magmar i got from HeartGold as well to speed things up. By the way, does anyone know if the Synchronize trick with 50% chance of getting the same nature, works on the Togepi egg too? I am thinking of putting my Timid Alakazam in front of the party to get a Timid Togepi with Serene Grace, but no point in trying if it doesn't work anyway eh?

Tancar911

V Where's Squirtle?
I restarted SoulSilver yesterday. I wanted a Modest Cyndaquil with Extrasensory as my starter, so i got one from HeartGold. Right now, we are in Violet City. Quilava took out Falkner's Pidgey and Gastly defeated Pidgeotto (Hypnosis + Curse). As we speak, i am trying to hatch Togepi's egg with a Magmar i got from HeartGold as well to speed things up. By the way, does anyone know if the Synchronize trick with 50% chance of getting the same nature, works on the Togepi egg too? I am thinking of putting my Timid Alakazam in front of the party to get a Timid Togepi with Serene Grace, but no point in trying if it doesn't work anyway eh?
I dont think so, cause for eggs synchronyze needs to be one of the parents i thought, and in party would only be for wild pokemon

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I suppose. I have been resetting the entire evening and so far, no timid Togepi. So the trick doesn't work i guess. There's always tomorrow though.

Lorde

I left Koga's room after I defeated him and healed some of my Pokemon with Full Restores, and I headed over to Bruno's room. I challenged him to a battle and I used my Pidgeot against his Hitmontop. I defeated it with Aerial Ace, then I used my Bellossom against his Onix. I defeated it with Mega Drain and I used Pidgeot against Machamp and then my Typhlosion against his Hitmonchan. I defeated both Pokemon, then I used Hypno against Bruno's Hitmonlee. After I beat it with Psychic and won the battle, I headed out to Karen's room next. I used my Ampharos against her Murkrow, then my Quagsire against her Houndoom. I defeated it with Earthquake and then I switched to Typhlosion and I beat Karen's Vileplume and Gengar with Flamethrower. All that was left was Karen's Umbreon, which I defeated with Bellossom. I healed my Pokemon with items and then I saved the game.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
After catching a few Pokemon, I also caught that Sudowoodo but box'd it. Finally got to Ecruteak city where I met Bill. He told me stuff about the storage system which is cool I guess, and he later gave me an Eevee (box'd). We explored Ecruteak City and then went in the Burned Tower. We met this guy going after Suicune called Eusine, the gym leader Morty, and even beat Silver. It was an easy battle that Slowpoke got to dominate. We then went in the Dancing place, and saved a Kimono Girl from an evil Team Rocket grunt. We received surf after that. We then went to the gym. But right before the gym Gastly evolved, and we decided to evolve it right after that again. I then had a Gengar! Thewas actually kinda tough, because his Gengar could OHKO my Gengar, Slowpoke and Hitmonlee (2hko with Hypnosis). But then I got tired of it, and managed to beat him on the second turn. Slowpoke beat Gastly, Quilava beat Haunter and Gengar and then Slowpoke beat the other Haunter. After that I went east and received Strenght after a hiker went against me. With Surf and Strenght available, we decided to check the Slowpoke Well more in-depth, and ended up meeting this guy who gave me a King's Rock. Slowpoke seemed attached to it and ended up evolving to an awesome Slowking! I then took a break.

Heart Gold Team:
156.gif
070.gif
094.gif
106.gif
199.gif

Capt. Brave -- Yumi -- Ghost -- Woody -- King

Lorde

I healed my injured Pokemon before leaving Karen's chamber. I finally arrived at Lance's chamber after that and I walked up to where he was standing and we began to battle. I used my Ampharos against his Gyarados and I was able to defeat it easily with Thunderbolt attack. I switched over to Quagsire when Lance sent out his first Dragonite, but that battle lasted a while even with Quagsire's Ice Beam attack. I used my Hypno against Lance's second Dragonite and I was able to defeat it after using several Psychic attacks. I used Ampharos against Lance's Aerodactyl and I defeated it with Thunderbolt and then I used Pidgeot against his Charizard but that battle didn't go well, so I ended up using Typhlosion to defeat it. All that was left was Lance's last Dragonite, and I eventually defeated it with Quagsire's Rock Slide attack. I defeated Lance and got registered in the Hall of Fame.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
So I decided to try another wedlocke challenge, this time on soulsilver. I started with chikorita unfortunatly and the second pokemon I found was a SHINY HOOTHOOT!!!! That was the meanest thing that ever happened to me in a pokemon game because I couldn't catch it DXXXXXXXXXXX. Anyways I'm almost to Violet city and this is my team so far:

Bellpepper the chikorita and Mango the rattata lv 9 and 7
Coconut the geodude and hoothoot lv 3 and 4

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught my next 2 mates... I mean members. Tomato the ledyba and Lime the zubat. Also my hoothoot's name is Onion. i sometimes forget there names >.<

Lorde

After I got registered in the Hall of Fame and the credits rolled, I awoke in my room in New Bark Town and I headed downstairs. I spoke with my mother and I left some money with her, then I headed out to Professor Elm's lab and I obtained the S.S. Ticket from him that would allow me to board the S.S. Aqua ship in Olivine City. I flew to Goldenrod City first and I purchased some items at the local Department Store, then I headed to Olivine City and I headed over to the harbor. I met Professor Oak there and he upgraded my Pokedex into a National Pokedex and I boarded the S.S. Aqua at the pier. I wandered around the first floor and I battled some trainers. I headed down after a while and I had to find the missing little girl that had gotten lost on the ship. I eventually found her at the captain's room and I played with her until the ship finally arrived in Vermilion City. I saved when I got off.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat all of the sages in the sprout tower and beat the trainers in the gym. I also caught Guava the bellsprout, and Eggplant the gastly. Now I'm getting everyone to lv 12.

Lorde

I left the Vermilion City harbor after the S.S. Aqua docked there, and I headed toward the city but I encountered Suicune before I got there. It fled after seeing me as usual, but then Eusine appeared. He had followed Suicune all the way to Kanto and then he left after talking to me. I headed over to the Vermilion City Pokemon Center and I swapped Pokemon and healed others while I was there. I went back out and I did some shopping at the local Poke Mart and then I wandered around the city talking to people. I visited the Fan Club and then I went south to the Vermilion City Gym. I cut down the tree that was in front of the Gym and I entered it. I started to battle against the Gym trainers, but the Gym puzzle was the hardest part of the Gym challenge since I had to find the switches that unlocked Lt. Surge's door. I managed to do it eventually and I saved the game before battling Lt. Surge.

Bought HeartGold and SoulSilver earlier this week, im about to take on the 4th gym, right after evolving my evee into espeon.

Lorde

I healed my Pokemon with items before challenging Lt. Surge to a battle, then I spoke with him and the battle began. I used my Quagsire against his Electrode and I defeated it with Quagsire's Earthquake attack, then I switched to my trusty Typhlosion and I battled against Lt. Surge's Magneton with it. I defeated his Magneton easily with Typhlosion's Flamethrower attack, and then I used Quagsire's Earthquake attack against Surge's Raichu and Surge's second Electrode. Only his Electabuzz remained afterward, and I used my Hypno against it. Hypno's Hypnosis and Psychic attacks were enough to beat it, and I earned the Thunder Badge from Lt. Surge as well as his Gym's TM. I left the Vermilion City Gym after that battle and I healed my Pokemon at the Vermilion City Pokemon Center. I decided to head north to Saffron City, and I battled the trainers along the route and I saved there.

Status
Not open for further replies.