• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I spoke to Professor Oak in Pallet Town and I visited Red's house and then Blue's. After chatting with Daisy at the latter's house I headed south and I Surfed toward Cinnabar Island. I battled against some Swimmers along the way and I eventually arrived at my destination. After healing my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center (which was the only thing on the island) I headed outside and I spoke to Blue there. He didn't want to battle me until I had all the other Kanto badges so I had to challenge Blaine before I could battle Blue. I Surfed east toward the Seafoam Islands and I battled some trainers along the sea. I arrived at the Seafoam Islands after said battles and I arrived inside Blaine's cavern-esque Gym and saved.

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
After not playing the game for a while .decided to try the famous masuda method for the first time , after I got a German eevee from the gts and hatching nearly 300 eggs gave up tried with a shinx, and got a french shinx from the gts this time I hatched a shiny rash nature shinx at the 57 egg named starlux , the sad thing is the first shiny I ever found or seen in heartgold.
now I will continue trying the masuda method this time around for a shiny manectric. wonder if a japanese ditto will work too. can't get a foreign one from the gts sadly..

Lorde

I was able to defeat all of the Gym trainers around Blaine's Gym and then I challenged Blaine himself. I used my Ampharos against his Rapidash and I defeated it with Power Gem, then I swapped out to my Graveler and I used it against Magcargo. I defeated it with Earthquake and then all that was left was Blaine's Magmar which I defeated with my Quagsire's Waterfall attack. I headed out of the cave after winning the Volcano Badge from Blaine, and I decided to explore the Seafoam Islands before heading back to Viridian City. I entered the icy cavern and I battled against wild Pokemon inside, as well as a few trainers. I Surfed through the water portions of the cave after sliding on ice and I saved near Articuno's lair.

7 tyranitars

After I defeated the 2nd gym I moved into the Ilex forrest. After doing to puzzle and getting cut I moved through the forrest and into the next Route. I defeated the trainers there and moved north into Goldenrod. I hatched my egg there and Togepi got added to my team. I trained togepi up a bit and challenged the gym. She was quite difficult even with 3/4 pokemons higher leveled then hers. But eventualy I managed.

;153; Bayleaf Level 21
-Reflect
-Synthesis
-Razor Leaf
-Poison Powder

;156; Quillava Level 20
-Flame Wheel
-Quick Attack
-SmokeScreen
-Ember

;159; Croconaw Level 21
-Bite
-Ice Fang
-Rage
-Watergun

;175; Togepi Level 16
-Sweet Kiss
-Yawn
-Extrasensory
-Metronome

Lorde

I battled against the wild Articuno inside of the cavern on the Seafoam Islands and I was able to successfully capture it inside an Ultra Ball after paralyzing it. I left the Seafoam Islands and I headed over to Cinnabar Island to swap Pokemon. I flew to Viridian City after taking care of that and I visited the local Gym now that Blue had finally returned. I entered the Gym and I had to navigate throughout the Gym using those movement tiles that I loathe so much because I couldn't remember how to get to Blue's spot. After battling against all of the Gym trainers inside I headed out to heal my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I went back to the Viridian Gym, spun around a bit, and saved at the back after reaching Blue.

Crobat_Curse

Heart Gold:

Neglected this file for a few months now due to being occupied by my summer job, but it's over now and I've got a bit of spare time before uni starts, so I've resumed my adventure. :) I've added Hitmonlee, Grimer and Houndour to the team - all 3 are traded since they don't normally become obtainable until a ridiculous point in the game. I've recently defeated Morty - Cooper and Gabriel disposed of his team easily, and am now on the water route travelling to Cianwood. I intend to grind a bit against the hoards of Tentacool/Tentacruel before taking on Chuck. Team at the moment:

153.png

Fabio ♂ [28]
Naughty
Razor Leaf, Reflect, Magical Leaf, Return

086.png

Titiana ♀ [28]
Modest
Surf, Disable, Encore, Icy Wind

106.png

Duane ♂ [28]
Lonely
Fake Out, Brick Break, Headbutt, Rock Tomb

227.png

Gabriel ♂ [28]
Adamant
Stealth Rock, Whirlwind, Spikes, Pluck

088.png

Mercy ♀ [28]
Brave
Curse, Poison Jab, Dig, Mud Bomb

228.png

Cooper ♂ [28]
Naive
Sucker Punch, Bite, Fire Blast, Beat Up

Last edited:
Last month, I restarted a HeartGold save file. My challenge was not to evolve my Pokémon until they learned the moves I wanted them to; also, battles had to be on set mode, not shift mode. Additionally, I was using an all-female team.

More recently, I battled the Elite Four and Champion. My team was Croconaw, Flaaffy, Growlithe, Espeon, and Nidoqueen, with the sixth-slot taken by an HM-slave. I had them leveled to fifty, but I couldn't beat Karen, so I then leveled them to fifty-five and evolved Growlithe into Arcanine. Finally, I could beat Karen and the other Elite Four members with ease, but Lance was another story. He had two or three Pokémon left, while four of mine were fainted; the two non-fainted ones were Croconaw, whose HP was in the red, and Arcanine, who was completely healthy. Believe it or not, Arcanine defeated at least one Dragonite and Lance's Charizard; although her HP was low by the time of our victory.

Shortly thereafter, I traveled to Kanto. I allowed my Flaaffy to evolve into Ampharos, but I kept Croconaw at her regular state until I defeated Blue. I slightly loitered in Kanto, as I wanted to register Blue's number and have him call me before I even met him. (It works, by the way.) Currently, I am training on Mt. Silver so I may challenge Red.

R2J

R.I.P #31
Little cousin decided it'd be funny to restart my game. So starting out this time with Blaze (Cyndiqul) currently in route to Mr. Pokemon's house to get the Mystery Egg & Pokedex.

Crobat_Curse

Soul Silver

Finally managed to complete the game after countless hiatuses! I resumed the file this morning with only 1 Kanto Badge, and have managed to zoom through the other 7 with relative ease. Red was trickier, however Brooke managed to survive a hit from Pikachu despite the 18 level discrepancy and OHKO back with Earthquake. Cody Eruption'd his Venusaur into oblivion whereas Indigo dealt with Blastoise. Charizard was a bit of a pain since Red insisted on using a Full Restore every time his HP got low, but Patrice - after some potion spam of my own - eventually managed to power through the Air Slash flinches, get some Nasty Plots in, and KO with Psychic. She also took down Lapras with ease and got Snorlax in the yellow - Cameo then finished him off for the win. I now intend to rebattle the Elite Four and their updated rosters before finishing for good. Not bad for a few hours work! Team as of now:

157.png

Cody ♂ [70]
Modest
Eruption, Flamethrower, Extrasensory, HP Electric

461.png

Cameo ♀ [70]
Naughty
Ice Punch, Swords Dance, Night Slash, Brick Break

470.png

Oscar ♂ [71]
Jolly
Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, Dig, Return

131.png

Indigo ♀ [70]
Bashful
Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Return, Ice Shard

234.png

Brooke ♀ [70]
Adamant
Return, Hypnosis, Earthquake, Megahorn

199.png

Patrice ♀ [70]
Relaxed
Nasty Plot, Surf, Psychic, Flamethrower

Last edited:

Lorde

I battled against Blue at the Viridian City Gym and I used my Ampharos against his Exeggutor which I quickly defeated with Signal Beam. I then used my Meganium against Blue's Rhydon and I defeated it with Energy Ball. I switched to Graveler in order to beat Blue's Arcanine, and after winning that battle with Earthquake I switched to Jynx in order to beat Blue's Machamp. Jynx's Psychic alone wasn't enough to beat it though, and Jynx got injured. I switched to Pidgeot instead and I beat Machamp with Aerial Ace, then I used Ampharos against Blue's Gyarados and Pidgeot. I obtained the Earth Badge and the Trick Room TM from him after winning and I left the Viridian City Gym. I healed my Pokemon and I saved.

R2J

R.I.P #31
Got the Running shoes and Map card for the Guild Gent, went to Mr. Pokemon's house and got the Mystery Egg. I headed back after the call from Elm, ran in to "???" beat him and then saved.

Lorde

I visited the Trainer House in Viridian City once more in order to challenge Cal again and I won a Battle Point after beating him. I headed south afterwards in order to visit Pallet Town again. I arrived at Prof. Oak's lab and I spoke to him there. He told me about Mt. Silver which was between Johto and Kanto, and he gave me the Rock Climb HM which I would need in order to climb the mountain. I flew back to Viridian City and I swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, then I went west until I arrived at the Pokemon League Reception Gate that I had passed through on my first trip to the Indigo Plateau. I arrived at Route 28 and I battled some wild Pokemon in the tall grass. I eventually reached the base of Mt. Silver.

LonelyLittleCubone

Content Breeder
Currently sitting in Blackthorn, preparing to make my second round at the Gym. Didn't really expect the battle to be as tough as it was, silly me. Figure I'll make my way back through the ice cave(the name escapes me currently) and maybe pick up a little Swinub, despite my lack of interest in most ice-types. Time for round two, haha.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Once again I find Entei on the water between Ecruteak and Mahogany. What's this, like three times now? Anyway, did my usual ball throw, but again no luck.

Tagi

So finally after I started in 2010 I finished the gyms and elite 4 and Red. I have also picked up the in game legendaries minus the roaming ones. I am currently trying my hand at breeding and IV training a Venusaur of Doom as a project to keep me entertained...currently creaming the elite four over and over for money.

The first step in my breeding project requires me to breed a female Bulbasaur from my my male Bulbasaur I was given (ingame) and my double 31 Ditto - I could just trade for it but I'll find it more rewarding to do it myself. Once that finally works out for me, the next step will be to trade the female Bulbasaur to my male Sceptile (also given ingame) to get a male Bulba with Leaf Storm. Should be fun.

Last edited:

Lorde

I healed and swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center at the base of Mt. Silver, then I headed into Mt. Silver Cave itself in order to explore it. I encountered some Pokemon as I wandered through the first cavern, then I climbed one of the waterfalls and I encountered a wild Misdreavus inside a smaller cave. After catching it, I headed out of the mountain and I arrived at one of the mountain's sides. I re-entered Mt. Silver through another cave and I battled more wild Pokemon and picked up items. I eventually stumbled upon Moltres's lair and I attempted to capture it. I succeeded after weakening it and tossing a Dusk Ball, and then I arrived at the snowy parts of Mt. Silver near the top. I quickly saved the game there.

Tagi

I beat the Elite 4 over and over until my sceptile learned Leaf Stom, and then ran around tracking the legendary dogs with the eggs of my bulbasaur/ditto pairing. Four eggs in and I got a female, so now I have my sceptile and the female bulbasaur at the daycare centre, waiting for some Leaf Storming bulbasaur eggs now! I actually managed to catch Entai as well (yay fast balls) and I still have a few unhatched bulbasaur eggs, so I might try to hatch them while tracking Raikou and for my new daycare pairing to produce eggs. Gonna be a little longer and harder without sceptile's False Swipe though...

Lorde

I caught a wild Sneasal on Mt. Silver, then I headed back down since my Pokemon weren't nearly powerful enough to challenge Red yet. I visited the Pokemon Center at the foot of Mt. Silver in order to swap Pokemon, then I flew to the Johto Safari Zone afterwards and I paid the fee and I explored the Safari Zone. I caught some Pokemon there and then I flew to Goldenrod City and I visited the Day Care Center to the south of town. I left some Pokemon there in order to train, then I took the special event Celebi south to the Ilex Forest. I visited the forest shrine in order to do the event, and after traveling back in time, I challenged Giovanni at Tohjo Falls. I defeated him and returned to the Ilex Forest. I then saved.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I decided to start yet another nuzlocke on heartgold since I failed my black 2 one. I started with cyndaquil, which I named Rocko, caught a pidgey wghich I named Iris, rattata which I named Samson, spinarak which I named Spike, zubat which I named Flutter, caterpie which I named Joy, and mareep which I named Electro. I beat Faulkner with no deaths and am now at the Union cave.
Current team:
Rocko the quilava lv 14
Iris the pidgey lv 13
Spike the spinarak lv 12
Electro the mareep lv 12

Status
Not open for further replies.