• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I purchased some stuff at the Goldenrod City Department Store, then headed out to the local Radio Tower. I got the my PokeGear upgraded and met Gym Leader Whitney as well. She returned to her Gym and I went to the Bike Shop and got a Bicycle from the owner. I rode around for a while and my Egg hatched into a Togepi. I deposited the Togepi at the Pokemon Day Care and went to the Goldenrod City Gym. I beat the Gym trainers and battled against Whitney. I beat Clefairy with my Croconaw, then I beat Miltank with Geodude and got the Attract TM and the Plain Badge. I went to heal at the Pokemon Center, got my Oddish back from the Day Care, evolved it to Gloom with some training, and saved before leaving town.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Finished EV training all of my planned team for facing Red, except for Weavile. I've got a decent-natured Sneasel, started a tiny bit of EV training this morning before work. Gotta finish it and grind some Battle Frontier so I can buy a Razor Claw to evolve it. Then I need to level everything up to the proper level. Once I face Red and get my Kanto and Hoenn starters, I'll probably be done with HG and go get White, begin moving everything from my PC up to 5th gen.

Lorde

I received the Squirtbottle from a flower shop before going to Route 35. I finally got to Route 35 and battled against the trainers along the way. I entered the tall grass in the area and captured a Drowzee. I trained it for a while and kept it on my team so that I could use him at the Ecruteak City Gym. I then arrived at National Park and battled some more. I captured myself a Sunkern and then I visited the Pokeathlon Dome after that. I then made the trip to Route 36 and battled the Sudowoodo that blocked the path. I weakened it thanks to Gloom and I captured it. I made my way back to Violet City to heal my team and to swap Pokemon around, then I got back to Route 36 and saved before entering the next route.

Drummerdude

After defeating the trainers of Route 30 I skipped the Dark Tunnel encounter and instead went to Route 31 to find a match for LazorGatr. I was hoping for Bellsprout but got a Caterpie named Wormhilda. I then accidentally knocked out a Geodude in the Dark Tunnel so no encounter there. I trained my team to Lv10 and then cleared the Sprout Tower as well as the gym without any casualties. I received a Togepi egg which I hatched in Violet City (forgot to nickname) for another encounter and then went to the Ruins of Alph and caught a Geodude (Rocki) as my encounter there. I got excited about my Route 32 encounter because there are so many good options like Mareep, Bellsprout, Wooper, Hoppip, etc. But no, I catch a Rattata (Rattatat). I cleared the route of all trainers and then trained my party to Lv15. I entered the Union Cave where I caught a Sandshrew whose names escapes me. I took a break after the capture.

Lorde

I walked along Route 36 and I battled trainers along the way. I picked some Apricorns and then I arrived in Ecruteak City. I went into the Pokemon Center to heal my team and encountered Bill from the Storage System. He talked to me and then left. I made my way around the city and entered the Dance Theater and battled a Team Rocket grunt who was bothering a Kimono Girl. I then went to the Burned Tower and battled my rival once more. It was tough, but Hoothoot and Croconaw took care of his team. I went to the basement of the tower and released the Beast trio. I then left the tower and headed back to Goldenrod City to pick up Bill's Eevee. I deposited it at Pokemon Day Care and went to National Park.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Being the insanely indecisive person that I am, with so many favorites to choose from, I changed my planned team for fighting Red yet again. I was going to do Dragonite because it's arguably better (and easier to get), but I just love Kingdra, so I'm going with it instead. Plusle was just a spur of the moment decision to begin with, but it really is underpowered, so I'll go with the evolution of my favorite ghost, Mismagius. Now I just need to train and level the two (and trade with a friend after to evolve the Seadra).

Currently leveling Weavile on the E4, mainly, with a bit of action in the Battle Tower.

Lorde

After training my Pokemon at the Mt. Mortar area to level them up, I returned to Ecruteak City, healed my team, and made my way to the Ecruteak City Gym. I battled the Gym trainers and their Ghost-type Pokemon using my Croconaw's Shadow Claw move for the most part, but I switched to Flaaffy and Noctowl for some of the other battles in the Gym. I challenged Morty next. His Gastly and Haunter fainted pretty easily, but his Gengar gave me tons of stress. I finally found the winning combination and defeated Morty, earning me the Fog Badge and the Shadow Ball TM. I healed at the Pokemon Center in Ecruteak City and went back to Goldenrod City. I picked up Eevee from the Pokemon Day Care and then saved the game.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
So, having finally finished EV training my team and facing the E4 a couple of times, I re-challenged Sabrina and went through all my waiting Pokegear rematches. Then, bored and on a whim, I went to Mt. Silver. Two awesome things happened:

#1. Caught Moltres with a single Dusk Ball after weakening it with a Thunderbolt from Mismagius. Neutral natured, not bad. Better than my Jolly Latias -_-
#2. Beat Red! My team wasn't anywhere near what I intended to train them to, besides Scizor and Staraptor
-Scizor Lv91
-Staraptor Lv84
-Weavile Lv67
-Mismagius Lv53
-Hippowdon Lv47Wait! Didn't even get to bring it. Had to bring stupid Bibarel to Rock Climb my way around.
-Seadra (not even Kingdra yet) lv44

Picked up Charmander and Torchic from Oak and Steven. Now I'm going to run the E4 one more time to powerlevel a Pineco so I can trade the resulting Forretress to Steven for a Beldum.

Last edited:

Lorde

I trained my Eevee for several hours and gave it a haircut in Goldenrod City. It soon evolved into Umbreon at night and I then returned to Ecruteak City and headed west to Route 38 and battled the trainers along the way to Olivine City. I stopped at Moo Moo Farm and fed the sick Miltank a few Oran Berries while I was there. I then set out south and battled some more trainers and leveled up some Pokemon. I arrived in Olivine City after meeting Boaba and then healed at the Pokemon Center. I bought some items at the Poke Mart and went into the Olivine Lighthouse to find and talk to Jasmine. I climbed to the third floor of the Lighthouse and battled to train my team a bit more. I saved as I arrived at the fourth floor.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I decided to start over and try and catch everything in soul silver. I started with totodile and am in Violet city.
Current team
Totodile lv 10

Lorde

I finally arrived at Jasmine's location and asked me to get the SecretPotion at Cianwood City. I went back down the Lighthouse and healed my team at the Pokemon Center, then I went to Route 40. I Surfed around the sea route and encountered wild Tentacool. I also battled my way through the water against Swimmers and my Croconaw evolved into Feraligatr. I Surfed all the way around the Whirl Islands and then I arrived in Cianwood City. I healed at the Pokemon Center, then I picked up the SecretPotion for Jasmine. I was going to challenge Chuck at the Gym, but I decided to explore the island some more. I obtained a Shuckle from a guy and I also took a photo outside. I saved before going towards Suicune.

Y-Pestis

Taking it slooooooow
So after trading over everything important to my SoulSilver game I decided to restart my copy of HeartGold. I wanted to soft reset for a shiny starter and, barely fifty resets in, I found a shiny Cyndaquil! She's timid in nature and mischievous. I named her Garnet and I'm super happy. Let the new adventure begin!

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I hatched togepi, my second team member and before that caught a ghastly and a hoothoot. I tried to get it's happiness up since I want to use togekiss. I will send over a shiny stone from my platinum since you can't get shiny stones until after the elite 4.
Current team:
totodile lv 16
togepi lv 5

Dresden

Pokémon Master
I hatched togepi, my second team member and before that caught a ghastly and a hoothoot. I tried to get it's happiness up since I want to use togekiss. I will send over a shiny stone from my platinum since you can't get shiny stones until after the elite 4.
Current team:
totodile lv 16
togepi lv 5

Not true. You can buy one with Athlete Points at the Pokéathlon.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Not true. You can buy one with Athlete Points at the Pokéathlon.
Well you can't easily. I hate the pokeathalon anyways. I caught a ledyba and am still trying to evolve togepi. Man its taking forever >.>

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Yeah, happiness is annoying sometimes. I always hate waiting for my Golbat to evolve (although not as much as I hate using Zubat before it learns Bite and Wing Attack. So useless at low levels...)

Suppose I should actually post happenings.

Just doing the last bits of catching I can do at the moment, as well as breeding. Currently working on getting a Jolly Medicham that knows Psycho Cut. I also want to breed a decent Roserade and a Spore/Leech Seed/SubPunching Breloom (One of my favorite things ever).

Other than that, I can't really do much besides evolve a bunch of the stuff I have in the PC to fill out my Pokedex, hope to get good Swarms, and wait on the silly Safari Zone mechanics to give me the good stuff -- although that last one is a matter of weeks. I'm sure I'll be done with White and on to X by the time the really good ones are available. Oh well.

Last edited:

Lorde

I saw Suicune in the northern part of Cianwood City. It fled and then Eusine showed up and battled me. I defeated him quickly and healed my team at the Pokemon Center. I then went to the Cianwood City Gym and battled the Gym trainers inside. I challenged Chuck and I defeated his Primeape with my Noctowl's Aerial Ace. I then used Flaaffy and Hypno to take down his Poliwrath and won that battle. I got the Storm Badge and went out and I got the HM for Fly from Chuck's wife. I flew to Olivine City and climbed the Lighthouse there and gave Jasmine the SecretPotion so that her Ampharos would get better. She then returned to the Olivine City Gym and I left back to Cianwood City to train at the new areas.

Devinias

Okay so I want to go back and play some of the older poke games. Soul silver being one of those. But I know the wifi will be shut off in a month, would it be worth it or should I just stick with x and y and trade for the gen 1-5 legendaires? Or those that are unattainable in x and y such as the normal pokemon...I so wanted to play these older games....

Lorde

I went over to the Route 47 since that opened up once Jasmine returned to her Gym. I walked around the cliff area of the route and battled against trainers that I encountered. I also Surfed around in the sea and captured a Seel. I then battled some more and finally arrived in the Safari Zone area. I went in and captured some Pokemon and then trained in the tall grass at Route 48. I finally leveled up my team to the desired levels and flew back to Olivine City. I healed at the Pokemon Center and entered the Olivine City Gym. I battled her and beat her two Magnemite with my Graveler. I then switched to Feraligatr and defeated her Steelix with a Surf attack. I obtained the Mineral Badge and the TM for Iron Tail and saved.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got my pokewalker working so now I'm trying to find a doduo and a kangaskan. So far I only found sentrets >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.